Royal Purple HPS - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winter Haven
Region: Florida
Posts: 407
Royal Purple HPS

Well I went from redline 5-50 to rp hps 10-40 and really noticed I'm getting 2 mpg more when I drive normal. I'm supercharged vmp with 597 rwhp. went from 15to 17 on a 2013 boss. I'm impressed.
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 98
Really you went to 10-40? I'm afraid to make the leap! I know that royal purple hps is hands down the best. Does the car feel smoother. What do u have? Just want to compare

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

I'm just scared, don't want anything to go wrong since I hear the 5.0 s are temperamental
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Martinsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
Really you went to 10-40? I'm afraid to make the leap! I know that royal purple hps is hands down the best. Does the car feel smoother. What do u have? Just want to compare

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

I'm just scared, don't want anything to go wrong since I hear the 5.0 s are temperamental
You've got the track pack car, so your car came with 5W-50!
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 98
I know. Do u have a track pack too?

How long ago did u switch over?
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Martinsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
I know. Do u have a track pack too?

How long ago did u switch over?
I think you have me confused as the OP. Haha. I'm not running Royal Purple just yet. Also, I do not have a track pack car.
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Darkside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Long Island
Region: New York
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post

I think you have me confused as the OP. Haha. I'm not running Royal Purple just yet. Also, I do not have a track pack car.
Oops lol at a glance ur names look similar lol sorry dude
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Martinsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
Oops lol at a glance ur names look similar lol sorry dude
Haha, I see how that could have gotten mixed up!
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
fastJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: CLUTE
Region: Texas
Posts: 196
I got a basic 5.0 with 3.31s and also got it with 7500 miles. I changed my oil at 8500 miles to 5w20 rp hps and I guess the engine is a bit quieter. I don't feel a difference at all. I also got a 12 qt pack from amazon for about 8 dollars a quart that's pretty good considering the price for just one qt. also got a rp filter for 13.00 But you have to have a prime account to get these at those prices
fastJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastJ View Post
I got a basic 5.0 with 3.31s and also got it with 7500 miles. I changed my oil at 8500 miles to 5w20 rp hps and I guess the engine is a bit quieter. I don't feel a difference at all. I also got a 12 qt pack from amazon for about 8 dollars a quart that's pretty good considering the price for just one qt. also got a rp filter for 13.00 But you have to have a prime account to get these at those prices
Or just buy off eBay :p I've gotten 5w-20 off there for under $7/quart in a 12 quart case
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Winter Haven
Region: Florida
Posts: 407
Well I had no issues with regline,engine ran very smooth and quiet,It was just to heavy of an oil and doesn't shear like mc does to a 40 weight, so my oil pressure was alittle high. Don't need the 5 because it don't get cold in Fl. so I went with a 10-40 and am really getting better gas mileage.Now if I put a load on the engine and use boost that is my fault and gas mileage does drop to about 12 mpg,just depends on my mood @ the time.
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
fastJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: CLUTE
Region: Texas
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

Or just buy off eBay :p I've gotten 5w-20 off there for under $7/quart in a 12 quart case
Yes the 5w20 but I got the 5w20 HPS oil
fastJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Touche
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:22 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.