V6 to V8 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Have a question for all you guys who have upgraded to the 5.0 from the V6. How many of you have noticed not to many people pull next to you and want to challenge you to a race? But, When in your V6 everyone wanted to? I always got stupid looks, thumbs down or the finger for not street racing in my V6. Ha not anymore.

I'm taking it like this... The 5.0 commands respect.

Since owning my 5.0 (drop in filter, tune and catback) i've had two people want to race. Both would not have stood a chance. A civic SI (as far as I could tell it was stock) just ignored him and a WRX (probably had CAI, Tune and exhaust and two people in the car) on the highway he beeped three times and I hit my brakes. It was tough not to put my foot to the floor. But I know better, that all comes with age. I'm 43 and have a wife and three kids to look out for do not need a stupid street race ruin any of what I have!!!

These young kids in their tuner cars need to take it to a track. There is a drag strip in my area that holds test and tunes twice a week.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Aww man nobody ever wants to race me! I guess that's a good thing because I'm easily provoked..
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
Aww man nobody ever wants to race me! I guess that's a good thing because I'm easily provoked..
Ditto lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Completely true. For the year I was in a 3.7 I was constantly getting revved and honked at, but in the two months in a 5.0 I get nothing but looks.
Gk1million is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
In my college town I really really leave the house when somebody dead my try to race..... Your very lucky because it's gets very irritating when in taking my girl on a date and some duche pulls up and try's to race

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Rarely*

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Does not *
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I had a V6 Stang and no one wanted to race. Now I have a 2010 GT and everyone wants to race. Some notice its a 2010 and figure they can beat me. Others are unsure if it is a 5.0 so they back down. My exhaust set up is ridiculously loud and aggressive which either gets attention and people want to race or it intimidates cars I know should spank me. It's all fun but yes, when I am with my girl and an idiot wants to race I hate that although last time she told me to go ahead and do it
Ucfknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucfknight View Post
I had a V6 Stang and no one wanted to race. Now I have a 2010 GT and everyone wants to race. Some notice its a 2010 and figure they can beat me. Others are unsure if it is a 5.0 so they back down. My exhaust set up is ridiculously loud and aggressive which either gets attention and people want to race or it intimidates cars I know should spank me. It's all fun but yes, when I am with my girl and an idiot wants to race I hate that although last time she told me to go ahead and do it
That girl of yours my man is a keeper!
BlackSmoke02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I feel like since I upgraded from a V6 to a V8 everyone gets the f*ck out of my way now without me having to do anything, haha, maybe it's my Borlas...
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSmoke02 View Post

That girl of yours my man is a keeper!
Thanks bro! She drives a challenger :thumbs down: so she knows the feeling.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Have a question for all you guys who have upgraded to the 5.0 from the V6. How many of you have noticed not to many people pull next to you and want to challenge you to a race? But, When in your V6 everyone wanted to? I always got stupid looks, thumbs down or the finger for not street racing in my V6. Ha not anymore.

Since owning my 5.0 (drop in filter, tune and catback) i've had two people want to race. Both would not have stood a chance. A civic SI (as far as I could tell it was stock) just ignored him and a WRX (probably had CAI, Tune and exhaust and two people in the car) on the highway he beeped three times and I hit my brakes. It was tough not to put my foot to the floor. But I know better, that all comes with age. I'm 43 and have a wife and three kids to look out for do not need a stupid street race ruin any of what I have!!!

These young kids in their tuner cars need to take it to a track. There is a drag strip in my area that holds test and tunes twice a week.
I drive a V6 3.7 and I never get anyone wanting to race. People look at the car all the time but no one beeps for me to race. I do have a fairly loud exhaust set up which includes Headers, off road x pipe and Flowmaster exhaust which might explain. Perhaps people get intimidated by that. People typically think if exhaust is loud the car is fast. The louder the exhaust is on a sports car the perception faster the car is. Many times not true but remember, perception is reality. Having stripping on a car makes people think the car is fast. The more aggressive looking ones car is the perception is its way fast. My car has the boss c stripping which could explain why people don't want to race me. Lol
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #11
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I drive a V6 3.7 and I never get anyone wanting to race. People look at the car all the time but no one beeps for me to race. I do have a fairly loud exhaust set up which includes Headers, off road x pipe and Flowmaster exhaust which might explain. Perhaps people get intimidated by that. People typically think if exhaust is loud the car is fast. The louder the exhaust is on a sports car the perception faster the car is. Many times not true but remember, perception is reality. Having stripping on a car makes people think the car is fast. The more aggressive ones car is the perception is its way fast.
If this is the case. Then I understand... Here is my car... With flow master outlaws.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2847822622.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	481.0 KB
ID:	129267
Old 09-17-2013, 05:56 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
It's a maturity thing, u will find some ******s challenging u to a race... Then if u say ok, but lets take it to the track, they get mad because they want to do it at the moment on the street... In my area in north jersey, some tool with a old Civic with out of state plates challenged a 12 5.0, when the 5.0 didn't accept, the ****** in the Civic rammed his car onto the side of the 5.0 and took off b4 anyone could get the plate... Sometimes u have to be careful and keep your distance from those ppl and expect the worst
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:

If this is the case. Then I understand... Here is my car... With flow master outlaws.
Nice car
Rich7072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich7072 View Post

Nice car
Thanks
Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yep. I have the outlaws with an off road x pipe. I also recently raced a 2013 v6 with Rousch axel backs and although I won I have to admit those Rouschs had me intimidated at WOT. Funny how exhaust can make a car sound and look like a beast!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
I dont really look at 5.0's as demanding respect, they are great cars but I dont go out of my way to pay them any extra attention especially now that they are everywhere. I would think more people would mess with 5.0's since they see the 5.0 on the side and just want to hear it take off~

same goes for the older cobras most dont know what they are and when you tell them you bolted on a few things and you are sitting at 600hp they look at you like "wtf? supercharged stock...." or some crazyness.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #17

Region: North Carolina
My 5.0 is my first mustang. I previously had a 2000 eclipse GT (3.0L V6) and people wanted to race a lot. In my 5.0... One person from work in a 05-09 GT. He never stood at chance, we started at 60mph, I let off at 120. At the next light he said he gave up when he hit 90 bc I was still running away.

However, I do get a lot I random people wanting to ask about how fast my car is and compliment how it looks pretty often. Definitely get a ton of looks since I installed my hood scoop and gt/cs spoiler. I also have brembo wheels and since I don't have actual brembos I ba e the caliper covers which makes the wheels really stand out. Absolutely love my cars look!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1699144180.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	401.0 KB
ID:	129324  
vSloopv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vSloopv View Post
My 5.0 is my first mustang. I previously had a 2000 eclipse GT (3.0L V6) and people wanted to race a lot. In my 5.0... One person from work in a 05-09 GT. He never stood at chance, we started at 60mph, I let off at 120. At the next light he said he gave up when he hit 90 bc I was still running away.

However, I do get a lot I random people wanting to ask about how fast my car is and compliment how it looks pretty often. Definitely get a ton of looks since I installed my hood scoop and gt/cs spoiler. I also have brembo wheels and since I don't have actual brembos I ba e the caliper covers which makes the wheels really stand out. Absolutely love my cars look!
I love the way your car looks too!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #19
Road Trip!

I went from v6 to 5.0 to gt500. No one wants to rsce me anymore : /
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

There just kids. I don't care what they think, unless they want to make my car and insurance payments.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

No street racing allowed first warning
Old 09-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I dont really look at 5.0's as demanding respect, they are great cars but I dont go out of my way to pay them any extra attention especially now that they are everywhere. I would think more people would mess with 5.0's since they see the 5.0 on the side and just want to hear it take off~

same goes for the older cobras most dont know what they are and when you tell them you bolted on a few things and you are sitting at 600hp they look at you like "wtf? supercharged stock...." or some crazyness.
Well I get to feel rare and respected here in Sacramento. I can't even remember the last time I saw another 5.0 on the street out here in Prius land.
Gk1million is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Yea the 5.0's are everywhere now like all other gt model mustangs
Old 09-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Not alot of 5.0s in Milwaukee, There are a few but there are tons of challengers and Camaros. And tons of imports. But i like it that way since i know the 5.0 is quicker and i get tons of compliments everywhere i go.
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeC View Post
Not alot of 5.0s in Milwaukee, There are a few but there are tons of challengers and Camaros. And tons of imports. But i like it that way since i know the 5.0 is quicker and i get tons of compliments everywhere i go.
I have a 5.0 and am in the Milwaukee area (Oconomowoc actually)
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
Yea the 5.0's are everywhere now like all other gt model mustangs
But a truly badass Stang V6,Gt/boss or gt500 is very very rare even in a place like miami. Most just have the usual off the shelf mods and that is it. Very few stop you in your tracks and makes you say WOW!!!!!
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

But a truly badass Stang V6,Gt/boss or gt500 is very very rare even in a place like miami. Most just have the usual off the shelf mods and that is it. Very few stop you in your tracks and makes you say WOW!!!!!
Very few. Ive only seen 2 other gt500s here. And barely any modded 5.0's
Old 09-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Very few. Ive only seen 2 other gt500s here. And barely any modded 5.0's
Get a new profile pic of your shelby and take off the old lame 5.0 :p
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Well yea those are hard to find here as well. Mainly see em at car shows
Old 09-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeC View Post
I'm in upstate NY and I see a lot more Camaro's and imports galore than 5.0's. I too like it that way.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski View Post

I have a 5.0 and am in the Milwaukee area (Oconomowoc actually)
Oconomowoc is a beautiful area i used to travel through there often for work
WadeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Yep, and there are some great twisty county roads where you can really let er rip...
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I see very few 5.0s around me. Most of the '11-'14s I see are sixxers.

Also, I don't race people because I don't want them to wreck and kill me, but the only person who has ever wanted race was someone in a Jetta at night who I presume didn't know I was a 5.0.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I went from v6 to 5.0 to gt500. No one wants to rsce me anymore
Are you still on the couch? I will admit, you have brass.....trading in for a snake and not telling the boss takes serious ca hones.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Are you still on the couch? I will admit, you have brass.....trading in for a snake and not telling the boss takes serious ca hones.
Not on the couch. Graduated to the bed with separate blankets lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT