Roush Axle backs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Roush Axle backs

Does anyone have the roush axle backs?? Im seeing comments from folks that they do in fact drone, can anyone comment? Mine is a daily driver and Im worried if I go Roush they will be too loud (85 miles per day)? I already ordered the GT500, in fact it's supposed to deliver today however I was having second thoughts. I heard the Roush last week and they were impressive.

If I do pull the trigger on installing the GT500 axle backs, is there anyway to make it louder down the road if its not loud enough?
Midlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Not to be a dick but you notice how 12 people have viewed this thread and not one person has made a comment. It's because this topic has been covered 100 times over. The best thing to do is a search first because it will get you the answer you are looking for faster than a response in a new thread.

Anyways.....the Roush sound great no drone and they aren't bad for a D.D. If you ever decide to go with a off road mid pipe you will probably hate it. I did and switched to the GT500s. I think you will like the GT500s just fine and if you ever want them louder get a O/R mid pipe and they will sound even better with no drone. Hope this helps.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
No drone here. Highway speeds they're barely louder than stock.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

No drone on a 6speed MT 3:31
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
No drone, best sounding exhaust I think....

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
No drone here. Highway speeds they're barely louder than stock.
+1. I commute 124 miles per day, mainly highway, and love my Roush ABs. Loud when i want them to be, quiet on the highway. No drone what so ever.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
No drone on a 6speed MT 3:31
No drone with a 6speed MT, and 3.73 gears either.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Not to be a dick but you notice how 12 people have viewed this thread and not one person has made a comment. It's because this topic has been covered 100 times over. The best thing to do is a search first because it will get you the answer you are looking for faster than a response in a new thread.
+ 1,000,000
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I have the roush and while I love them I think I'm switching to the gt500, did you get the 11-12 style or the 13-14 quad tip? We can trade haha
kornflake7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I've read in other posts that the Roush sounds great with CB or AB plus the cats on. However, when going high flow or catless it becomes tinny, hollow and raspy.

I personally have the FLowmaster Hushpower catback with straight pipes. Not tinny or raspy at all. Has a nice deep tone to it and when the throttle is tapped it lets out a bark that's deep and aggressive. Very happy with it thus far.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
I've read in other posts that the Roush sounds great with CB or AB plus the cats on. However, when going high flow or catless it becomes tinny, hollow and raspy.

I personally have the FLowmaster Hushpower catback with straight pipes. Not tinny or raspy at all. Has a nice deep tone to it and when the throttle is tapped it lets out a bark that's deep and aggressive. Very happy with it thus far.
This is true. After installing LTs and O/R X with my Roush it sounded like a beat up chevy pickup truck. Way to much rasp for me. I swapped them for some GT500s and couldnt be happier.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I have roush axle backs and I LOVE them. Mine is a DD too and no drone and sounds amazing! Not to loud but loud enough to know it isn't stock exhaust! You won't regret buying them that is for sure.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT