Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Roush Axle backs

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  mustangchassy 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the roush axle backs?? Im seeing comments from folks that they do in fact drone, can anyone comment? Mine is a daily driver and Im worried if I go Roush they will be too loud (85 miles per day)? I already ordered the GT500, in fact it's supposed to deliver today however I was having second thoughts. I heard the Roush last week and they were impressive.

If I do pull the trigger on installing the GT500 axle backs, is there anyway to make it louder down the road if its not loud enough?

#6 ·
+1. I commute 124 miles per day, mainly highway, and love my Roush ABs. Loud when i want them to be, quiet on the highway. No drone what so ever.

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

No drone on a 6speed MT 3:31
No drone with a 6speed MT, and 3.73 gears either.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Not to be a dick but you notice how 12 people have viewed this thread and not one person has made a comment. It's because this topic has been covered 100 times over. The best thing to do is a search first because it will get you the answer you are looking for faster than a response in a new thread.
+ 1,000,000

#8 ·
I've read in other posts that the Roush sounds great with CB or AB plus the cats on. However, when going high flow or catless it becomes tinny, hollow and raspy.

I personally have the FLowmaster Hushpower catback with straight pipes. Not tinny or raspy at all. Has a nice deep tone to it and when the throttle is tapped it lets out a bark that's deep and aggressive. Very happy with it thus far.

#10 ·
I have roush axle backs and I LOVE them. Mine is a DD too and no drone and sounds amazing! Not to loud but loud enough to know it isn't stock exhaust! You won't regret buying them that is for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.