bog at WOT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budwise View Post
I believe its something in the stock tune. "Clutch Protect" or something like that. It can be tuned out. There are a few threads about it over at svtperformance.

+1. This would explain why everyone says that a good tune would fix it. Thanks.
Coyote Fever5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Not trying to hijack a thread but my "13 when I hit the TC button it only says advance track off and that's as soon as I hit it. Does it have other modes? I have never held the button but I have turned it off while moving too. I know when I shift from 1st to 2nd with the TC on it will fall flat on its face like all the fuel was shut down and then take back off. Never had a car do that and I have had cars with TC for years. They would cut the power some but never fall flat like these cars do.
Green5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:44 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

bog at WOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green5.0 View Post
Not trying to hijack a thread but my "13 when I hit the TC button it only says advance track off and that's as soon as I hit it. Does it have other modes? I have never held the button but I have turned it off while moving too. I know when I shift from 1st to 2nd with the TC on it will fall flat on its face like all the fuel was shut down and then take back off. Never had a car do that and I have had cars with TC for years. They would cut the power some but never fall flat like these cars do.

There's TC on, TC off, sport mode and everything off. I think the last one is called advance trac off. That last one is dangerous if you don't know how to control it lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote Fever5.0 View Post
I wanna say I'm slamming it lol. I'll pay close attention next time or have someone in the car.

This is your problem right here , think of getting really good at walking in your car then at jogging then at sprinting and bolting off when needed with one cabaret all at the same time smooth consistent shifts you'll know what feels right . The 5.0s tranny is kinda noisy anyhow but as far as the over all feel of the shifter it calls and indulges in smooth fast shifting. My 2 cents. ( ps. When I first got my car it felt so good to just slamming in to 2nd 3rd but it was costing me every now and then especially if I missed going into 3rd because it was being forced or I would see a power drop and it would take a 1/2 second to get back to the scheduled program. Started shifting with out trying to break the knob off into the dash problem stopped.)
MyMustangIsBlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There's TC on, TC off, sport mode and everything off. I think the last one is called advance trac off. That last one is dangerous if you don't know how to control it lol

To achieve Sport mode press on break double tap traction control button
For traction off just press
For advance trac off(wide open and very scary in wet roads and very scary on stock tire size / or not being staggered.)
To achieve wide open full power stop completely break in hold traction till it informs you advance trac is fully off.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:17 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I drive in sport mode most of the time.
Te172r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te172r View Post
I drive in sport mode most of the time.

I think all around sport mode is plenty enough fun for me, it's still moderately safe and you can still get plenty enough sideways to get a nice smile and nice nervous system reaction.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMustangIsBlk View Post
This is your problem right here , think of getting really good at walking in your car then at jogging then at sprinting and bolting off when needed with one cabaret all at the same time smooth consistent shifts you'll know what feels right . The 5.0s tranny is kinda noisy anyhow but as far as the over all feel of the shifter it calls and indulges in smooth fast shifting. My 2 cents. ( ps. When I first got my car it felt so good to just slamming in to 2nd 3rd but it was costing me every now and then especially if I missed going into 3rd because it was being forced or I would see a power drop and it would take a 1/2 second to get back to the scheduled program. Started shifting with out trying to break the knob off into the dash problem stopped.)

Thanks for the info. I'll start doing this. This is my first MT car.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think all around sport mode is plenty enough fun for me, it's still moderately safe and you can still get plenty enough sideways to get a nice smile and nice nervous system reaction.

+1. I always set mine to sport. Had everything switched off once....never again lol.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I remember the 01 and 03 cobra my older brother had an I got a lot of experience of what NOT to do under certain conditions. Those cars are beast still and ours are pretty much on point you slap a super charger on them and it's one big happy family of wild stallions it's all love I still cream when I see terminators tearing **** up.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1. I always set mine to sport. Had everything switched off once....never again lol.

Oh yes mind you even in sport mode if your rolling at to high of speed down shifting to a lower gear sometimes you'l feel a power loss due to the advance trac system and a delay before throttle response. For those hard launches trac off to grab that lower gear
Old 01-24-2014, 04:22 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

When I push my button just once it says "advance trac off". Is there something wrong or what? When I turn it off its not "scary" to me, of course I am used to powerful cars but its not that much of a difference it just don't shut down and has a lot of wheel hop. I need to start mine and hold the button or double tap and see what happens. There is like 6" of snow on it now though.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:27 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Traction all the way off is only achieved when car is completely stopped and button is held in the same time break is engaged in. My term for scary is the stock *** end is to unstable for stock 235/50/18 tire size especially when accelerating out of turns with traction alll the way off, is it impossible no but there extra power to be used there with better back end upgrades and wider back tires or staggered placement on wheels.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:35 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Traction all the way off is only achieved when car is completely stopped and button is held in the same time break is engaged in. My term for scary is the stock *** end is to unstable for stock 235/50/18 tire size especially when accelerating out of turns with traction alll the way off, is it impossible no but there extra power to be used there with better back end upgrades and wider back tires or staggered placement on wheels.
That's probably why it don't feel that different to me because I have never held the button in. but it does say advance trac off. I will have to try and hold it with the brake on.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:59 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
You do know the owners manual has all this information in it don't you?
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
You do know the owners manual has all this information in it don't you?

That is also correct
Old 01-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That is also correct
I'll have to look at the owners manual but it seems crazy to have so many different traction settings. I just thought it was traction on and off. All kinds of crap came with it so I haven't really looked at it all.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Heh the gt500 has like 7
Old 01-24-2014, 05:30 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Just looked at the manual and all don't have sport mode but does have the rest of the stuff. So when I just push it, it turns the TC of but the ESC is still on. Push and hold for 5 seconds turns everything off. That's cool to know. I learn something everyday on here.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Not a 100% certain on this but mine is. 14 GT premium , I dunno if the 13/14 has a difference and I have the track apps etc so I'm not sure if that could be a reason whys yours is lacking it or not ??? Did u try pressing break and double taping the button as detailed?
Old 01-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I have a base gt 14. I have sport mode
Old 01-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Well that's one route eliminated , anyone with a 2013 no if you need track pack to get sport mode or was 2013 not equipped with this feature even at base
Old 01-24-2014, 10:29 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Hmmm thought they all had sports mode.
Te172r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te172r View Post
Hmmm thought they all had sports mode.

As did I
Old 01-25-2014, 01:56 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
As did I
They may all have it but it say (if equipped) after sport mode in the manual but not after any of the other settings.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:21 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Seems this thread ended abruptly. I'm having the same problem. 2014 GT Premium Track Pack and half a dozen times it just died for a few seconds before coming back to life. Every time during WOT and I can't be certain but I think shortly after a shift... and yes, I've been slamming it too. I'll smooth out my shifts and see if it makes a difference. Just love hearing that chirp going into 4th gear
Onebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:01 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
It's in the tune,makes it easier on your drive train,less shock and breakage.Need to get a aftermarket tune.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:49 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I'm glad to find this thread. Same on my '14. None of the traction control programming matters. And it is not clutch-related. If I want, it will let me redline and shift (I won't). But it won't let me shift gears fast. Very frustrating. Doesn't even have to be high RPM. Just WOT. I'm trying to keep warranty- so, any suggestions? Ford Racing tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
jd864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I got my car tuned. Bog went away and now she responds like a 400+hp car should! 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 09-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Just wanted to add to this...
I have this happen occasionally too. I thought something was wrong. I always drive in Sport mode (double tap). When wot and during a 2-3 or 3-4 shift while on an entrance ramp, for example, it will bog, then go. I really believe it is when the car gets a bit squirrely...*** end gets very loose, and the problem happens. Never happens when i am straight and or not spinning tires...even while shifting at 6k plus.
I chalk it up to tc of some form.
Troy
Btw, I have an MGW, and a Lund race tune.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:51 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
Quote:
Well that's one route eliminated , anyone with a 2013 no if you need track pack to get sport mode or was 2013 not equipped with this feature even at base
I got a '13 GT without track pack and i got sport mode

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
goatsoup is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT