Acceleration problem - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Well no pro driver here either my friend. I don't even have a 5.0. Lol. I'm running an 11 V6. I have a 91 hybrid tune and 91 MPT race performance tune. I've got my MPT tune loaded up into my car for several months now. Along with Airraid CAI, BBK ceramic long tube headers, off road X pipe, one piece aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, Flowmaster Force II axle back exhaust and Boss Strut tower brace. Also running on my factory Michelin 215/65/17 tires.

I have been able to run 0-60 MPH between 4.6 to 4.8 seconds. I also have an automatic so my launch method is real simple. I'm stopped and rpm is normal level, around 500 rpm idol speed. I keep my left foot on the brake. I have my right foot over the gas pedal. I quickly remove my left foot off the brake while simultaneously slam my right foot on the gas pedal flooring it. Away we go. It launches hard. I am able to chirp 2nd gear at 40 mph and again another chirp in 3rd gear hitting 70 mph with my MPT tune.
Yup 3.73 gears are a monster in addition to light one piece DS.

I'm primed for 3.73 gears and one piece DS. It's not that I have too much power. I can burn all the way thru 1st and part or most of 2nd if I wanted to but with a more light weight and shorter drive train I can better regulate power thru clutch and pedal play. It's like hammering a nail. A big *** hammer and a smaller hammer can both knock a nail in but the smaller hammer you can better control the force at play (engine power being you and the hammer being the drive train).

But one reason I'm not changing out the gears ATM is I'm not sure if I'm gonna go SC or turbo. If I go FI then 3.31 gear is what I need else with 3.73 I'll have too short a gear to get traction. Plus with 675bhp (590whp or so) 3.31 gears would offer a good compromise of high speed acceleration and less need to shift to get into the powerband cuz shoot by that time I think power can be found in all range.

I'm sure if I get 3.73 gears I can consistently see 4.1-4.2s in our Texas heat. 3.9 with aluminum drive shaft. That plus I'm gonna mod out the UCA with an adjustable unit, add on some sway bars, and swap out for adjustable shocks and struts (dial in stiffer rear setting to keep the rear from squatting too much).

If I go FI I'll upgrade the shocks and sways and the DS but keep the 3.31 plus get 305/30/20 or maybe 25 series. Dunno which is more available or popular.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

Na there's no way. It's sorta like Chevy claiming the new vette does 0-60 in 3.5 or 3.9 or something like that and when motortrend tested it the best they could get was 4.4. Soundless your a pro driver you can't get a new 5.0 to 4.4 stock
I'm not sure how accurate the track app is on the gt premium but my '13 gt/cs with an auto trans has seen a 4.3 second 0-60 on the stock tires on the street with only a Bama 93 hybrid tune
OCStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCStang View Post
I'm not sure how accurate the track app is on the gt premium but my '13 gt/cs with an auto trans has seen a 4.3 second 0-60 on the stock tires on the street with only a Bama 93 hybrid tune
Ya I can easily believe it with a auto. But with a manual I have to get the clutch right and the power shifts rights and by no stretch of the imagination am a pro driver, I'm pretty good but not pro
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya I can easily believe it with a auto. But with a manual I have to get the clutch right and the power shifts rights and by no stretch of the imagination am a pro driver, I'm pretty good but not pro
I wish mustangs would come with porsche's PDK transmission. That would be nice
Old 09-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post

I wish mustangs would come with porsche's PDK transmission. That would be nice
Lol. I wish they would come AWD. No more traction issues.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol. I wish they would come AWD. No more traction issues.
Woooo AWD... Then we can all run 1000HP nice!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Woooo AWD... Then we can all run 1000HP nice!
Lmao. I might even go up to1500 HP then.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:21 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
If we all wanted awd we would have gotten the charger rt but you just can't beat the fun of rwd cars. I love the human element factor more specifically with the manuals especially once you finally master the fine line of launching these beasts. That's what makes drag racing (on the strip of course) fun.
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
If we all wanted awd we would have gotten the charger rt but you just can't beat the fun of rwd cars. I love the human element factor more specifically with the manuals especially once you finally master the fine line of launching these beasts. That's what makes drag racing (on the strip of course) fun.
The more power you add the worse ones traction can get. Lol. I personally would love a AWD option to purchase if one wants. That would really help the traction issue a good bit.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
+1 I agree

People who tout the Nissan GTR as fast this and that (especially) in a straight line neglects that there's a lot to be satisfied with when you make a good run because of your abilities. The GTR has so much technology that it does damn near everything for you and makes you look like a hero until you step into a visceral car like a corvette, viper, mustang, etc... And then you realize that damn driving well is hard to do.

99.9% of people don't race for a living or overly serious about it so the fun factor is high on my list.

That's why 9 out of the 11 cars I've owned are manuals. 9 of 11 are RWDs.

I don't need to be the fastest but I sure as hell want to have the most fun.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

There's a guy down here with a black edition GTR, 0-60 in something like 2.9-3.2 some un godly thing like that and they really do do all the work for you, even does the first shift so you always get it right. Did a complete uturn at damn 35 mph and didn't get sideways. It's an unbelievable car but it just takes no talent to drive, I actually had to learn how to be a better driver when I bought my mustang all he had to do was have some rich ***** parents

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote:
There's a guy down here with a black edition GTR, 0-60 in something like 2.9-3.2 some un godly thing like that and they really do do all the work for you, even does the first shift so you always get it right. Did a complete uturn at damn 35 mph and didn't get sideways. It's an unbelievable car but it just takes no talent to drive, I actually had to learn how to be a better driver when I bought my mustang all he had to do was have some rich ***** parents
I shouldn't hate though cause if my parents were millionaire I'd have one to
Old 09-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1 I agree

People who tout the Nissan GTR as fast this and that (especially) in a straight line neglects that there's a lot to be satisfied with when you make a good run because of your abilities. The GTR has so much technology that it does damn near everything for you and makes you look like a hero until you step into a visceral car like a corvette, viper, mustang, etc... And then you realize that damn driving well is hard to do.

99.9% of people don't race for a living or overly serious about it so the fun factor is high on my list.

That's why 9 out of the 11 cars I've owned are manuals. 9 of 11 are RWDs.

I don't need to be the fastest but I sure as hell want to have the most fun.
Just curious but what makes AWD cars less fun to drive. My buddy had a Mitts Evo AWD and loved it. Said it was great to drive. Its reported that the Subaru Sti is fun to drive. The same buddy now has a 911 turbo Porsche AWD and says that awesome to drive. I don't know because I have never driven an AWD vehicle. What makes them less fun. They have awesome traction which is needed in a 400 plus HP vehicle.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Don't hate. That will be my next car a solid black one. Within the next year in a half to 2 years.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Maybe sooner we will see. I kind of want a cts-v also so we will see
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Don't hate. That will be my next car a solid black one. Within the next year in a half to 2 years. ---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ---------- Maybe sooner we will see. I kind of want a cts-v also so we will see
Ya your right, it's just annoying seeing people like that. He is 23 and his parents bought him a house, 2 Harley's, 2013 GTR black edition, and 2014 gmc Sierra, and a 2007 dodge charger rt. You know to each his own, I guess I would have it to if my parents were that rich
Old 09-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just curious but what makes AWD cars less fun to drive. My buddy had a Mitts Evo AWD and loved it. Said it was great to drive. Its reported that the Subaru Sti is fun to drive. The same buddy now has a 911 turbo Porsche AWD and says that awesome to drive. I don't know because I have never driven an AWD vehicle. What makes them less fun. They have awesome traction which is needed in a 400 plus HP vehicle.
To each their own and their definition of fun. It's not AWD that makes a car not fun to drive. It's that the GTR more so than the Evo or the Sti that disconnects the driver from actually driving the car.

You flip a switch, press the pedal, and you get the fastest acceleration possible by having the computer monitor slip and speed as it accelerates. I guess it's fun in a roller coaster kind of way but all you do is mash the pedal.

Same thing with turning the car but this isn't as much of a fun killing factor because even the best techno nannies can't keep you from overshooting a turn and plowing yourself into a wall or barrier.

I'm not hating on people with money to buy a car like a GTR or a Lamborghini. I just think we should be more connected with the car and the road. But that's just my preference. I'd own the GTR in a heartbeat if I could but even then I'd still probably find myself flogging a car like my Mustang from gears 1-6 when I want to be "one with the road."
Old 09-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya your right, it's just annoying seeing people like that. He is 23 and his parents bought him a house, 2 Harley's, 2013 GTR black edition, and 2014 gmc Sierra, and a 2007 dodge charger rt. You know to each his own, I guess I would have it to if my parents were that rich
True im 24. But I have a wife 2 kids and my own housw and a really good job. My dad owns a company in the oilfield. But he made me earn everything when I was younger. Which has made me how I am now
Old 09-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

To each their own and their definition of fun. It's not AWD that makes a car not fun to drive. It's that the GTR more so than the Evo or the Sti that disconnects the driver from actually driving the car.

You flip a switch, press the pedal, and you get the fastest acceleration possible by having the computer monitor slip and speed as it accelerates. I guess it's fun in a roller coaster kind of way but all you do is mash the pedal.

Same thing with turning the car but this isn't as much of a fun killing factor because even the best techno nannies can't keep you from overshooting a turn and plowing yourself into a wall or barrier.

I'm not hating on people with money to buy a car like a GTR or a Lamborghini. I just think we should be more connected with the car and the road. But that's just my preference. I'd own the GTR in a heartbeat if I could but even then I'd still probably find myself flogging a car like my Mustang from gears 1-6 when I want to be "one with the road."
Sounds really similar to my automatic in my mustang less the flipping of a switch. Just nail the go pedal , car takes off and the automatic trans does the rest. Lmao

Quote: You flip a switch, press the pedal, and you get the fastest acceleration possible by having the computer monitor slip and speed as it accelerates. I guess it's fun in a roller coaster kind of way but all you do is mash the pedal. End Quote.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sounds really similar to my automatic in my mustang less the flipping of a switch. Just nail the go pedal , car takes off and the automatic trans does the rest. Lmao

Quote: You flip a switch, press the pedal, and you get the fastest acceleration possible by having the computer monitor slip and speed as it accelerates. I guess it's fun in a roller coaster kind of way but all you do is mash the pedal. End Quote.
Lol I guess it could sound like I'm picking on auto mustangs but I'm not. Mustangs don't have a quarter of the techno nannies. And you would still probably need to regulate the throttle if you got a lot of power. I dunno never drive an auto mustang.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol I guess it could sound like I'm picking on auto mustangs but I'm not. Mustangs don't have a quarter of the techno nannies. And you would still probably need to regulate the throttle if you got a lot of power. I dunno never drive an auto mustang.
Lmao. Your right though. An automatic does take majority of the driving experience out. If you and I were racing each other at the track in the 1/4 mile. I would just nail it down to the floor when the light turns green and the automatic trans does the rest. Shifts prefect every time, just at its peak power. Lol No need to find that perfect sweet spot like in a manual. The automatic is perfect every time. Lol
Old 09-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

It's still a pile of rice, throw a bucket of fish heads in the back and you have a meal.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

It's still a pile of rice, throw a bucket of fish heads in the back and you have a meal.
Ahhh that pile of rice would wax that mustang
Old 09-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha it waxes everything on the road actually
Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That it might, but it's still RICE.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm just not seeing the comparison. Lmao

Click image for larger version

Name:	BowlOfRice.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	130038

Name:	nissan-gt-r-by-wald-international.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	130039
Old 09-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

December7, 1941. Google that.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
December7, 1941. Google that.
Yeah, still not seeing what a Nissan GTR has to do with!

Name:	nissan-gt-r-by-wald-international.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	130057

Name:	ForumRunner_20130923_160624.png
Views:	97
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	130058
Old 09-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

They still have a gtr while u still have a mustang though.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I wouldn't trade my old Fox for a brand new one.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Some people, like myself, would rather drive a mustang. The more expensive, faster car isn't always the choice for everyone. Some guys are muscle car guys, some go for the flashy cars!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post

Some people, like myself, would rather drive a mustang. The more expensive, faster car isn't always the choice for everyone. Some guys are muscle car guys, some go for the flashy cars!
Well I will have one in about a year and a half. Or possibly a cts-v.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

If I could afford a GTR I'm buying a new viper instead
Old 09-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Well I will have one in about a year and a half. Or possibly a cts-v.
Congratulations! I'll still have my mustang!
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I will still have mine also.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm
Going to by driving a ranger work truck as a daily beater and my mustang will be retired to garage duty along side my upcoming tear down of my project new edge
Old 09-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah, still not seeing what a Nissan GTR has to do with!
If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT