2013 mustang by tuning - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
2013 mustang by tuning

Hello everyone I own a 2013 mustang gt it has Roush axelbacks I also got steeda air intake but didn't fitt it yet because it requires tuning .my question is what is the best , safest and simplest tuners I can get in the market? Thank you for your support have a good day.
Raisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Another who's the best tuner thread. Great.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Pennsylvania
This is another topic where the search bar can be your best friend. With that being said there is no clear cut best. It's almost if matter of opinion based upon your goals. You may want to free up a few ponies and get better mpg or you may want to push her to the ragged edge with some super aggressive timing and squeeze every last drop out of her. There's a tuner for both ends of the spectrum and everything in between. And just because it works for one person, doesn't mean it will necessarily work for you. There's horror stories from every company. Do your research, find a reputable and experienced dyno shop that's familiar with the coyote s197s. Spend the money, and have a tune custom tailored for your car. Good luck!
.DWC_SmOziLLa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think if you're at the stage where you're just getting a CAI and an axle back then the best tuning is your comfort and familiarity with your car first unless of course you've had it a while...

That said... AM and BAMA... Damn them for being so good at customer service. I'm all about CS. I'd be happy to give up 10HP for good service. Just saying but as far as I know all canned tunes are about the same in output.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I'm about to go with a Bama tune from American Muscle.
Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
I'm about to go with a Bama tune from American Muscle.
I would stay away from bama. My opinion though.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Bama. Search to see if you like anyone else
Also it probably will void your warranty
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisi View Post
Hello everyone I own a 2013 mustang gt it has Roush axelbacks I also got steeda air intake but didn't fitt it yet because it requires tuning .my question is what is the best , safest and simplest tuners I can get in the market? Thank you for your support have a good day.
I'd go bama or Lund tuning
Old 09-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Lund. Vmp. Livernoismotosports. Or AED. NO BAMA!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
My next mod will be cat deletes and tune. I think im gonna go Aed because shaun seems to squeeze more power and has good drivability. But the again im on the fence because bama is cheaper and has good CS.
JayblesStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayblesStang View Post
My next mod will be cat deletes and tune. I think im gonna go Aed because shaun seems to squeeze more power and has good drivability. But the again im on the fence because bama is cheaper and has good CS.
Shaun will actually tell you that his tunes will put down less on a dyno compared to other tuners. But also he will pull on other cars with a diff tunner. Higher #'s dont mean your faster. He also has a money back guarantee. I would chose him way b4 bama.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I just got a vmp tune and it's awesome. It pulls like a freight train and keeps going. On the factory tune the car would really fall on it's face and 2nd gear. The desirability is awesome and isn't as jerky as before. Justin really smoothed it out. Just some food for thought. Mods are American racing lts with off road h and a jlt cai
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Heard good things about Steeda tunes and they just started the tunes for life program
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Got the Bama tuner and it worked with my JLT CAI that I bought on EBay. It was the cheapest...$350 just for the unit.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by .DWC_SmOziLLa. View Post
This is another topic where the search bar can be your best friend. With that being said there is no clear cut best. It's almost if matter of opinion based upon your goals. You may want to free up a few ponies and get better mpg or you may want to push her to the ragged edge with some super aggressive timing and squeeze every last drop out of her. There's a tuner for both ends of the spectrum and everything in between. And just because it works for one person, doesn't mean it will necessarily work for you. There's horror stories from every company. Do your research, find a reputable and experienced dyno shop that's familiar with the coyote s197s. Spend the money, and have a tune custom tailored for your car. Good luck!
That's true but I'm not only talking about the tune only the tuning device also.I'm from Oman and here I guess we got only one dyno garage .I had my axcels since two months.the reason I'm asking because I'm new to thus stuff.when I bought my steeda air intake I fitted it.my car performed.better until check engine.came out. So I removed it placed the factory one and removed the battery the.check engine light went .the car was good .but then I notice my rpm is it normal when I start my car the rpm moves up to one then goes back.down? As if I have a cam on it.My car went off idol twice.. When I asked the ford service here they told.me it might be the spark plugs.then I said maybe its the fuel pump reading I told them to check the programming. When I went next time to pick it up the guy was like the car computer didn't respond to us we tried.to put the original setting but.it didn't.respond. he said did you changed or tuned it o said no then I told him what I did .then he told me an incident that a ford Torres had.a air intake and same thing the owner.asked them to reset it and it went blank and they had to change the computer in the car. I didn't thought about it but when I left I did that my brother owns a charger rt and he use.Diablo tune.and he is able to retune it anytime with no problems so why that guy is giving me bs....
Old 09-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I actually have three different companies tunes. I have bama, MPT and now Steeda. My Steeda tune actually came today and its all loaded up and test drive complete. I can only comment on these three tunes and have no idea about Lund or VMP. I can tell you when it comes to customer service all three companies are top notch. My favorite tune that bama makes is my 91 Hybrid tune. Firmer shifts. Much improved throttle response. Better acceleration. Overall, pleased.

MPT 91 race tune, far more powerful than my hybrid tune. The car pulls like a beast. The shifts on my automatic are sick and when flooring it, those gears bang hard and pulls hard. You can feel the gears bang even when slow acceleration. I can chirp second and third gears at 70 mph but those gears are banging hard.

Steeda tune. Pulls like a beast. Great throttle response. Firm shifts but a bit smoother and less banging when wot from a dead stop. Feels to be just as powerful as the MPT tune from an acceleration stand point.

So, which tune will produce the highest HP and torque numbers. I'm having a dyno day tomorrow and will have all three tunes dyno and find out who is the king. Same car, same 91 octane tunes for all three, same mods. Weather will be 72 and Sunny. 93 Octane fuel in the my car now.

Regardless of the outcome, all are great tunes. I personally think that bama has had its main success and most customers for tunes because of there free tunes for life program. Yes , they make a safe quality tune but so do others yet none were free tunes. That's the real bama advantage. Free tunes for life. Now that Steeda is offering free tunes for life watch out because they are coming.

Question, if AM didnt offer free tunes for life , do you think as many people now would use them or go else where like a Steeda, Lund, MPT, Custom dyno tune, etc?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

which do you think is better...MPT or STeeda?
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:48 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I actually have three different companies tunes. I have bama, MPT and now Steeda. My Steeda tune actually came today and its all loaded up and test drive complete. I can only comment on these three tunes and have no idea about Lund or VMP. I can tell you when it comes to customer service all three companies are top notch. My favorite tune that bama makes is my 91 Hybrid tune. Firmer shifts. Much improved throttle response. Better acceleration. Overall, pleased.

MPT 91 race tune, far more powerful than my hybrid tune. The car pulls like a beast. The shifts on my automatic are sick and when flooring it, those gears bang hard and pulls hard. You can feel the gears bang even when slow acceleration. I can chirp second and third gears at 70 mph but those gears are banging hard.

Steeda tune. Pulls like a beast. Great throttle response. Firm shifts but a bit smoother and less banging when wot from a dead stop. Feels to be just as powerful as the MPT tune from an acceleration stand point.

So, which tune will produce the highest HP and torque numbers. I'm having a dyno day tomorrow and will have all three tunes dyno and find out who is the king. Same car, same 91 octane tunes for all three, same mods. Weather will be 72 and Sunny. 93 Octane fuel in the my car now.

Regardless of the outcome, all are great tunes. I personally think that bama has had its main success and most customers for tunes because of there free tunes for life program. Yes , they make a safe quality tune but so do others yet none were free tunes. That's the real bama advantage. Free tunes for life. Now that Steeda is offering free tunes for life watch out because they are coming.

Question, if AM didnt offer free tunes for life , do you think as many people now would use them or go else where like a Steeda, Lund, MPT, Custom dyno tune, etc?
Steeda now offers lifetime tunes
Old 09-27-2013, 11:33 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's great I can't wait to find out your results all the.best
Old 09-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry kona blue I skimmed through your novel and missed where you said steeda had tunes for life. Now I feel like an idiot haha
Old 09-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
Sorry kona blue I skimmed through your novel and missed where you said steeda had tunes for life. Now I feel like an idiot haha
Lol. All good. Then of course we have a custom dyno tune to throw that into the mix. Lmao
Old 09-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 stang22 View Post
which do you think is better...MPT or STeeda?
Man, that's a tough call. I think the big difference between them is the shifting. The MPT bangs those gears baby. Lol. I mean pure racing banging, crazy power shifts. The Steeda seems to have smoother shifts but pulls hard. Tough call. Both are awesome. Can't wait for the dyno numbers.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:28 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

All the big name tuners give free revisions. They just don't put a fancy name on it like "free tunes for life". It's just a marketing ploy by Bama that too many fall into the trap.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

Man, that's a tough call. I think the big difference between them is the shifting. The MPT bangs those gears baby. Lol. I mean pure racing banging, crazy power shifts. The Steeda seems to have smoother shifts but pulls hard. Tough call. Both are awesome. Can't wait for the dyno numbers.
Doing the dyno back to back to back means, which ever tune you run first will probably put the better #s down.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:52 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
All the big name tuners give free revisions. They just don't put a fancy name on it like "free tunes for life". It's just a marketing ploy by Bama that too many fall into the trap.
I believe MPT will give you a 6 month window to revise your current tune and make a tweaks with it to dial it in perfect. I do believe if I were to add on new gears and say an additional bolt on mod down the road, I think that's gonna be another tuning fee. Where as AM will update your tune every time you get new mods.

---------- Post added at 06:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Doing the dyno back to back to back means, which ever tune you run first will probably put the better #s down.
Really, why is that? I was actually wondering that. So if the Steeda tune goes first , it will produce the highest numbers.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If the tunes are close to start with, you'll start to see heat soak by the third pull.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I believe MPT will give you a 6 month window to revise your current tune and make a tweaks with it to dial it in perfect. I do believe if I were to add on new gears and say an additional bolt on mod down the road, I think that's gonna be another tuning fee. Where as AM will update your tune every time you get new mods.
I said the big name tuners. MPT is not one of them. I know for a fact AED and VMP continue to give free revisions unless you go with some sort of F/I.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:08 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I said the big name tuners. MPT is not one of them. I know for a fact AED and VMP continue to give free revisions unless you go with some sort of F/I.
Oh, I got ya.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Vmp does not. You get 5 revisions and data logs revisions. Butttt if you buy your parts from them (mid pipes, cai, ect) then they will retune for free.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Just so we get the information correct.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1307534486.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	130608  
Old 09-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
Vmp does not. You get 5 revisions and data logs revisions. Butttt if you buy your parts from them (mid pipes, cai, ect) then they will retune for free.
I've never bought any parts from them and have had more than five revisions.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is MPT not a big name tuner?
Old 09-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I've never bought any parts from them and have had more than five revisions.
Just letting you know what their website says. They might have changed it and grandfathered you in. I don't know. What I do know is that that is what is said on their website. Also I have their tunes and emailed them to be sure about everything and they told me all of this. That is where they said if I buy from them. Than it is free.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is MPT not a big name tuner?
I've never heard of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
Just letting you know what their website says. They might have changed it and grandfathered you in. I don't know. What I do know is that that is what is said on their website. Also I have their tunes and emailed them to be sure about everything and they told me all of this. That is where they said if I buy from them. Than it is free.
I understand what you're saying. You just have to ask nicely.

But my point was don't get caught up in all the Bama hype.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #35

How about Brenspeed?
ES_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT