JBA Headers/Xpipe Complication - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
JBA Headers/Xpipe Complication

I went to install my jba headers and when they take everything apart, they (the shop) asked me if I had brought the xpipe, I told them it was the one on the car...turns out to be that the modular offroad xpipe from American Muscle does not connect to the jba headers, I asked the rep from AM back in March if this was possible with the modular off road xpipe and he said yes...its not!!!!!! So now I have to pay three hours more and! I have to get another xpipe...funny thing is that the rep said..its modular and will work with jba headers lol wow...AM has been great but somebody forgot to drink their coffee that day and I shouldve done more research.
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If its a shop that knows how to fabricate then they should be able to make it work.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
If its a shop that knows how to fabricate then they should be able to make it work.
Thats what I was thinking too bro im sure they could weld it but then they wouldnt warranty me with 100% seal they said, I just feel like I threw away 320 bucks, well its up for sale and it was on the car for 6 months no damage and still have original box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Damn dude. AM wont do anything about it either. Exept maybe offer you some sort of discount on the x pipe. I would be pissed. Who did the install? Please dont tell me Mac! Steeda would have known there was an issue prior to touching the vehicle.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Damn dude. AM wont do anything about it either. Exept maybe offer you some sort of discount on the x pipe. I would be pissed. Who did the install? Please dont tell me Mac! Steeda would have known there was an issue prior to touching the vehicle.
I am pist! And no I am not saying the company, because I told them I had everything....its my fault for not checking and relying on the AM rep
Old 09-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #6
Road Trip!

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
....its my fault for not checking....
It is. It's your responsibility to do the research and understand fully the definition of "modular." AM very rarely steers anyone in the wrong direction, but people mistakes. It clearly states in the JBA Header listing what is needed. I still have a hard time believing that this wasn't a misunderstanding on your part rather then bad information from one of their CS people. And any reputable shop should be able to make the existing pipe you have work with no leaks, if not, you're at the wrong shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1191115223.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	130232  
.DWC_SmOziLLa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by .DWC_SmOziLLa. View Post
It is. It's your responsibility to do the research and understand fully the definition of "modular." AM very rarely steers anyone in the wrong direction, but people mistakes. It clearly states in the JBA Header listing what is needed. I still have a hard time believing that this wasn't a misunderstanding on your part rather then bad information from one of their CS people. And any reputable shop should be able to make the existing pipe you have work with no leaks, if not, you're at the wrong shop.
Shyt happens
Old 09-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
I went to install my jba headers and when they take everything apart, they (the shop) asked me if I had brought the xpipe, I told them it was the one on the car...turns out to be that the modular offroad xpipe from American Muscle does not connect to the jba headers, I asked the rep from AM back in March if this was possible with the modular off road xpipe and he said yes...its not!!!!!! So now I have to pay three hours more and! I have to get another xpipe...funny thing is that the rep said..its modular and will work with jba headers lol wow...AM has been great but somebody forgot to drink their coffee that day and I shouldve done more research.
Hey,

I'm sorry to hear that you got some incorrect information from one of our reps. I'm not exactly sure how this information was given, considering it's on the product page and its also well known that a full length x-pipe that will bolt up to stock shorty headers, will not bolt up to long tube headers. Just based on length, this would never work. However, it's a common practice for an exhaust shop to cut and weld a flange onto a full length x-pipe to make it work with a set of long tube headers.

We can definitely help you out with a shorty x-pipe that will work with your long tubes. I'll make sure you're taken care of, since we had a break up in communication somewhere with the x-pipe. Please shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll make sure you're squared away!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear that you got some incorrect information from one of our reps. I'm not exactly sure how this information was given, considering it's on the product page and its also well known that a full length x-pipe that will bolt up to stock shorty headers, will not bolt up to long tube headers. Just based on length, this would never work. However, it's a common practice for an exhaust shop to cut and weld a flange onto a full length x-pipe to make it work with a set of long tube headers.

We can definitely help you out with a shorty x-pipe that will work with your long tubes. I'll make sure you're taken care of, since we had a break up in communication somewhere with the x-pipe. Please shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll make sure you're squared away!

-Dan
Dan I was taken care of about 5 min ago, thank you for always been on the lookout and taking care of AM customers...AM is always having the best customer service dude hands down!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT