Suspension upgrades - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: California
Suspension upgrades

I was looking to give my 2013 GT a more aggressive look with a suspension mod , what springs do you guys recommend and what else should I replace with the springs , like sway bars , shocks or struts....it's a daily driver with a couple bolt ons, not a track car ......thanks in advance...
PonyBoy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I've been waiting for someone to ask this question because I don't want to get yelled at for asking
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Lol. Depends in the drop you want. I went with eibach sports but there is also eibach (something else). Both are good but the drop is different. If your doing a 1.5 or more drop. Then you are going to need camber plates or atleast camber bolts. Big price difference. But it's your car. Take time to do it right. Also with a 1.5 drop or more. Your going to want to upgrade shocks and struts due to the fact of dropping it that much, your original ones will wear out quickly. And last but not least. A pan hard bar to center your back wheels. And that is all you will NEED. Now if your looking for performance. Well. There's a really long list for that. Sooooo. To conclude

Springs
Camber plates/bolts
Shocks
Struts
Panhard bar.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Lol wrong post
Old 09-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
Lol. Depends in the drop you want. I went with eibach sports but there is also eibach (something else). Both are good but the drop is different. If your doing a 1.5 or more drop. Then you are going to need camber plates or atleast camber bolts. Big price difference. But it's your car. Take time to do it right. Also with a 1.5 drop or more. Your going to want to upgrade shocks and struts due to the fact of dropping it that much, your original ones will wear out quickly. And last but not least. A pan hard bar to center your back wheels. And that is all you will NEED. Now if your looking for performance. Well. There's a really long list for that. Sooooo. To conclude Springs Camber plates/bolts Shocks Struts Panhard bar.
Thanks Tpost08 I appreciate it...
PonyBoy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Eibach Pro Kit or Sportlines (I have sportlines)

Optional if you aren't tracking the car and don't mind a bit of a soft suspension:
Shocks/struts
Sway bars
Strut tower mount

Optional but highly highly recommended:
Rear lower control arms
LCA relocation bracket

Arguably needed or not needed:
Camber plates or bolts - took my car to two alignment shops. Both reported that I'm within spec on camber. I've driven over 20k miles since dropping the car and have not uneven tire wear on the fronts.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Adjustable panhard bar is needed
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT