info on shaker sub - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #1

Region: Texas
info on shaker sub

this is my first post just got my 2014 GT/CS, love the car put a roush axel back on the car and some different wheel.. but anyway on to my question. when i was buying my car i had found the one i wanted and long story short they sold it. it had the shaker sub and then they found me another one but this one id not have the shaker sub. so to make the deal they ordered the sub, and the it is being shipped to me. so what i wanna kno is how exactly wired as i was gonna do it my self anyone have a diagram. from what ive seen it looks as if it is tapped into the rear decklid speakers any help would be nice
oxfordPIMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordPIMP View Post
this is my first post just got my 2014 GT/CS, love the car put a roush axel back on the car and some different wheel.. but anyway on to my question. when i was buying my car i had found the one i wanted and long story short they sold it. it had the shaker sub and then they found me another one but this one id not have the shaker sub. so to make the deal they ordered the sub, and the it is being shipped to me. so what i wanna kno is how exactly wired as i was gonna do it my self anyone have a diagram. from what ive seen it looks as if it is tapped into the rear decklid speakers any help would be nice
Does your car have the Shaker 500 system now? If it does the wiring for the trunk sub and mounting holes etc. might be in your car. So it may be as easy as, bolt down, plug in and play.

I know the sub goes on the right side of the trunk. take all the interior carpet and molding out to see if the wiring is in fact accessible or even there. If not you may have to go to the dealer to get it connected to your system properly.

Don't rig it up yourself if you are not sure how to do it and you connect it up wrong. Like you said it looks like it is wired to the rear speakers. If connected wrong you could make them work as a 2 ohm system instead of a 4 or 8 ohm which ever it may be. And the amplifiers will not like the 2 ohm configuration you could burn them up.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
Road Trip!

I think the dealer should be responsible as well for the install. That should be all part of the sub deal. Shoot you spent i'm assuming close to $40,000 on the car they should install the sub. I would inquire with them and see if they are going to instal it as well? I think it is crap they expect you to connect it yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #4

Yea and they offered to install it. But...!!! BUT. I got a deal on the car and in doing so I drove 3 1/2 hours away to get it. So with all that being said I really don't feel like driving back to get a sub installed. I used to work at circuit city installing radios. So I'm not scared. And yes my car does have the shaker 500 system in the car already. And the car I looked at was a buddy's gt500. His looked as if there wasn't a plug but rather it had to be spliced in. I'm not sure he'd let me cut the electrical tape off to check what's under it. I mean **** of I paid 64 for a car I wouldn't let ppl touch it either
Old 09-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordPIMP View Post
Yea and they offered to install it. But...!!! BUT. I got a deal on the car and in doing so I drove 3 1/2 hours away to get it. So with all that being said I really don't feel like driving back to get a sub installed. I used to work at circuit city installing radios. So I'm not scared. And yes my car does have the shaker 500 system in the car already. And the car I looked at was a buddy's gt500. His looked as if there wasn't a plug but rather it had to be spliced in. I'm not sure he'd let me cut the electrical tape off to check what's under it. I mean **** of I paid 64 for a car I wouldn't let ppl touch it either
Sounds like to me, the shaker sub is set up like a bazooka tube. Power, ground wires and high inputs from the rear speakers. When you power up the system the sub powers up when it senses bass frequencies from the rear speakers. If that is the case then install should be a breeze.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #6

Yea I'm with you. But a diagram would help
Old 09-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Why not take it to a local stereo shop? The most the install would cost you would be $80.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #8

Good call hpf!!! Didn't think bout that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT