People want to race me like crazy... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Busy right now but since I don't see anyone else doing it, I will send a message to the appropriate staff and see if he becomes nothing but a "reckless memory!"
Give him a chance maybe he will learn from every. 1 on here!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Wrong place to brag about street racing. As we dont take well to it around here. And this thread will be closed very shortly. Do us all a favor, dont kill yourself or anybody else, and keep it on the track. Street racing is stupid. Prove you can drive by going to a proper track, until then you get absolutely no respect from me, and im sure many other responsible drivers on here feel the same way. Ps. If in fact you are "trying your best" not to race, it obviously isnt working. Not hard to be responsible if you choose too. Some people just dont respect the road/other drivers/peoples lifes. Street racing doesn't "make you cool". Especially with this crowd. After reading your other threads (tire squeal in front of girl you like) its blatantly obvious your a young kid. Hence my suggestion: SELL YOUR CAR UNTIL YOU BECOME MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE MATURE BEFORE YOU KILL YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:

I really feel that the OP has learned his lesson, and seems to be seriously humbled by reading all our comments. And honestly there is good info in here for other young drivers to see and read. I would say keep it visible for that very reason. Hopefully others will learn their lesson by reading this as well.
Most of us were all young and dumb at one point. He deserves a second chance. Hopefully he took this info to heart, and seriously changes his driving habits, as hes implied he will.
Evil hit the nail on the head. I agree!!! +1,000,000,000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #39

Region: Florida
Quote:
Wrong place to brag about street racing. As we dont take well to it around here. And this thread will be closed very shortly. Do us all a favor, dont kill yourself or anybody else, and keep it on the track. Street racing is stupid. Prove you can drive by going to a proper track, until then you get absolutely no respect from me, and im sure many other responsible drivers on here feel the same way. Ps. If in fact you are "trying your best" not to race, it obviously isnt working. Not hard to be responsible if you choose too. Some people just dont respect the road/other drivers/peoples lifes. Street racing doesn't "make you cool". Especially with this crowd. After reading your other threads (tire squeal in front of girl you like) its blatantly obvious your a young kid. Hence my suggestion: SELL YOUR CAR UNTIL YOU BECOME MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE MATURE BEFORE YOU KILL YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE.
+++1
Old 09-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Evil hit the nail on the head. I agree!!! +1,000,000,000
Thanks man. Honestly him posting this, and us lending advice, and guiding him to a safe/smart way to have fun with his car is honestly the best thing that could have happened to him. We cannot simply just cast him away now. Thats the worst thing to do. He needs to continue to learn from us. Hopefully he will continue to listen. Some kids ARE smart enough to listen to the advice that the older, more experienced generation can provide. He seems he has learned a great, potentially life saving, lesson today.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 09-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:

Thanks man. Honestly him posting this, and us lending advice, and guiding him to a safe/smart way to have fun with his car is honestly the best thing that could have happened to him. We cannot simply just cast him away now. Thats the worst thing to do. He needs to continue to learn from us. Hopefully he will continue to listen. Some kids ARE smart enough to listen to the advice that the older, more experienced generation can provide. He seems he has learned a great, potentially life saving, lesson today.
I sure hope he takes everything we said to heart. I have a daughter who just got her permit and she has logged about 8 hours behind the wheel so far. She has a loooooong way to go before I get her out of the parking lot and on the road. I do not know what I would do if she died because of a street racer!!! I think I would end up in jail for whooping the tar out of him!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:09 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I sure hope he takes everything we said to heart. I have a daughter who just got her permit and she has logged about 8 hours behind the wheel so far. She has a loooooong way to go before I get her out of the parking lot and on the road. I do not know what I would do if she died because of a street racer!!! I think I would end up in jail for whooping the tar out of him!!!
Oh I'm right there with you man. No kids for me yet (knock on wood lol) but they better throw my *** in jail before I get ahold of that driver if anything like that happened to a loved one.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 09-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
I really feel that the OP has learned his lesson, and seems to be seriously humbled by reading all our comments. And honestly there is good info in here for other young drivers to see and read. I would say keep it visible for that very reason. Hopefully others will learn their lesson by reading this as well.
Most of us were all young and dumb at one point. He deserves a second chance. Hopefully he took this info to heart, and seriously changes his driving habits, as hes implied he will.
Thanks Evil2014GT... and guys, please don't boot me

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote:
That is a little harsh to have him booted from ME this is his first post ever. He's been hammered here pretty hard. I think he understands no street racing and not to post here about it. Everyone deserves a second chance. Have you ever gotten a second chance? WOW dude. One strike and he's out in your book. That is ef'd up!!! This young kid needs the guidance of this forum which he has just gotten from a lot of us in the last hour. I'm sure he leaned his lesson.
Thanks dobypaw, I've learned a lot.

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote:
I'm glad I decided to post this, otherwise, I might have seen a Camaro tomorrow , and street raced my way to no car,possible jail, and a wreck. Won't happen no matter how bad I want to race. 3-0 and done, for good.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post

Thanks Evil2014GT... and guys, please don't boot me

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Thanks dobypaw, I've learned a lot.
You won't be booted man. It's clear you've learned your lesson. However, its easy to say it over the net, harder to do it in real life. Prove it to yourself. And prove it to the rest of us that a young kid, CAN be responsible with such a powerful car. Where in VA are you?
Old 09-27-2013, 08:33 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You won't be booted man. It's clear you've learned your lesson. However, its easy to say it over the net, harder to do it in real life. Prove it to yourself. And prove it to the rest of us that a young kid, CAN be responsible with such a powerful car. Where in VA are you?
Chesapeake area.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Chesapeake area.
Gotcha. Well if you're ever up in the northern va area, send me a pm. Id be happy to give you a few pointers.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Gotcha. Well if you're ever up in the northern va area, send me a pm. Id be happy to give you a few pointers.
Parent won't let me, very strict with who I talk to. Otherwise, I would, one of the 3 colleges I am considering is George Mason, and another is University of Maryland College Park,both in or 20 min outside of DC, I really want to go to GMU. So, I might be in North VA for a while starting next year
Old 09-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Parent won't let me, very strict with who I talk to. Otherwise, I would, one of the 3 colleges I am considering is George Mason, and another is University of Maryland College Park,both in or 20 min outside of DC, I really want to go to GMU. So, I might be in North VA for a while starting next year
Mason is about 30 min from me. Good school, and good area. Had a ton of friends go there. Good luck man. Be safe.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks, for now PM me some pointers, GT is bone stock. Hopefully later I can meet some members and y'all can give me advice, and of course, talk about mustangs
Old 09-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks, for now PM me some pointers, GT is bone stock. Hopefully later I can meet some members and y'all can give me advice, and of course, talk about mustangs
Best pointer i can give you is to read, read, read... And read as much as you can on here and even other mustang forums. Use the search bar. Almost every general topic you have a question about will already have multiple threads for you to read. Before you start worrying about mods, learn more about your car. Read the forums, read the manual, get some seat time in. The last thing you need now is more power, or to draw more attention to yourself.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Best pointer i can give you is to read, read, read... And read as much as you can on here and even other mustang forums. Use the search bar. Almost every general topic you have a question about will already have multiple threads for you to read. Before you start worrying about mods, learn more about your car. Read the forums, read the manual, get some seat time in. The last thing you need now is more power, or to draw more attention to yourself.
I will, thanks.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:29 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I know I'm getting to this party late but I actually have this se problem. I don't remember a time I've left my house and not had se body want to race and if it's late enough or early enough or I'm on a back road and the car is worth my time I may mess around but I have learned that it's just not worth it to even speed when there is traffic out. Being a 22 year old with 430whp mustang comes with ALOT of people asking why my parents are thinking but then I say I've had the car for 3 years with 0 speeding tickets and people understand why they helped me get it. To have a car like this you have got to be very very mature cause as soon as you get comfortable this car will bite you in *** and you'll end up
In a tree or somebody else. Best of luck in the future and remember, never go over 10 over and you'll be fine.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:15 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
I do mean it. I'll let the other guys take the unnecessary risk. Not me anymore, 3-0, and done.
Your to proud of that little 3-0 to be done. Grow up, the fact that you say you can handle 420hp, tells me you can't.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:49 AM   #54

Region: Pennsylvania
Not to BUMP this thread but I have found the funniest way to not street race and still make a fool out of the person trying to race you... Works every time... Lol. As they come up to you to race, downshift like you're about to race and then beep (either you or them) the third beep as they go flying up shift back to where you were and cruise. Works every time lol
Old 09-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Your to proud of that little 3-0 to be done. Grow up, the fact that you say you can handle 420hp, tells me you can't.
That's your opinion, doesn't mean that it's right though.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiceKillerGT View Post
Not to BUMP this thread but I have found the funniest way to not street race and still make a fool out of the person trying to race you... Works every time... Lol. As they come up to you to race, downshift like you're about to race and then beep (either you or them) the third beep as they go flying up shift back to where you were and cruise. Works every time lol
I have an Automatic transmission
Old 09-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's your opinion, doesn't mean that it's right though. ---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ---------- I have an Automatic transmission
You still have 3.2.1
Drop to one and then put it back in drive
Old 09-28-2013, 08:01 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Alright I understand where you forum guys are coming from but you're not his parents. Take it a little easier on the guy...but they are right street racing=bad news
Old 09-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Alright I understand where you forum guys are coming from but you're not his parents. Take it a little easier on the guy...but they are right street racing=bad news
We may not be HIS parents, but we are fathers/mothers/brothers/sisters/husbands/wifes/etc., who would be absolutely devastated if a loved one was to be killed by a street racer. I think the point needed to be made loud and clear. Who knows how many young kids will read this thread. We weren't necessarily talking to him directly, but to all young immature drivers who stumble upon this thread.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
We may not be HIS parents, but we are fathers/mothers/brothers/sisters/husbands/wifes/etc., who would be absolutely devastated if a loved one was to be killed by a street racer. I think the point needed to be made loud and clear. Who knows how many young kids will read this thread. We weren't necessarily talking to him directly, but to all young immature drivers who stumble upon this thread.
Oh I agree 100% I'm just saying maybe not be so harsh ya know. You got your point across...but I so agree with the passion you have on the topic!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I rode in a 13 5.0 a few months back and that thing is scary fast. It felt like a roller coaster. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it
Old 09-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
let me add something....

I teach Alternate Ed, auto and wood shop and, let me tell you, the way this kid is reacting is what I always hope for, when I talk to my boys. My thoughts are with them every weekend and I'm always hopeful there won't be a Monday morning emergency staff meeting this week.

So far, since Sep. 3, I've lost one former student to a hit and run driver, walking home from school in a marked crosswalk, one was swarmed and stabbed last week but looks to be ok, and one put his car into a tree from street racing and I think has post-concussion syndrome, from his behaviour since.

Don't ever shut the door to people in need. Sometimes they don't know they are in need at the time but, never stop offering the opportunity.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
Old 09-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post

Don't ever shut the door to people in need. Sometimes they don't know they are in need at the time but, never stop offering the opportunity.
Couldn't agree more. Well said.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT