People want to race me like crazy... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
People want to race me like crazy...

I've beaten a 2012 Camaro SS, a Pontiac Firebird, and, today, a 2013 V6 MCA Edition Mustang(Never had a chance). I've only had the car a month and 5 days so far.

The v6 Mustang was way too overconfident, I let her get a lead, then sped ahead of her, a few lane changes later(highway) I won by a good margin( the SS was my closest, by a hood). I try not to look for races, but my pride kicks into overdrive, also, I know where the cops hide. 3-0 so far, trying my best not to race...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I've beaten a 2012 Camaro SS, a Pontiac Firebird, and, today, a 2013 V6 MCA Edition Mustang(Never had a chance). I've only had the car a month and 5 days so far.

The v6 Mustang was way too overconfident, I let her get a lead, then sped ahead of her, a few lane changes later(highway) I won by a good margin( the SS was my closest, by a hood). I try not to look for races, but my pride kicks into overdrive, also, I know where the cops hide. 3-0 so far, trying my best not to race...
Wrong place to brag about street racing. As we dont take well to it around here. And this thread will be closed very shortly. Do us all a favor, dont kill yourself or anybody else, and keep it on the track. Street racing is stupid. Prove you can drive by going to a proper track, until then you get absolutely no respect from me, and im sure many other responsible drivers on here feel the same way.

Ps. If in fact you are "trying your best" not to race, it obviously isnt working. Not hard to be responsible if you choose too. Some people just dont respect the road/other drivers/peoples lifes. Street racing doesn't "make you cool". Especially with this crowd.

After reading your other threads (tire squeal in front of girl you like) its blatantly obvious your a young kid. Hence my suggestion: SELL YOUR CAR UNTIL YOU BECOME MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE MATURE BEFORE YOU KILL YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 09-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not gonna race, I want to go to a track, but my parents won't let me. I'm going to stop, especially since I learned that your car gets crushed if you get caught. I'm done.

And no, I will not sell my car, other than 3 stupid slip ups(another one will not happen) I have been I very responsible, and mature driver, only going to speed that traffic goes(60-70 on highways) I've had a lot of people try to provoke me into a race...WILL NOT HAPPEN ANYMORE.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 05:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Have to be mature enough to drive a fast car.
Two tried me today but I let them look like the idiots they are by not engaging and letting them hear what a real car sounds like.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not gonna race, I want to go to a track, but my parents won't let me. I'm going to stop, especially since I learned that your car gets crushed if you get caught. I'm done.
Sure you will. Until the next time you want to show off. This just proves a 420hp is to much for a young kid. I hope you do learn to be responsible, and dont have to learn the hard way. Trust me, ive seen crazy things happen, and having your "car crushed" should be the last thing you worry about. Im taking serious injury or death. At the very least serious, serious jail time if you get caught. But im sure you wont listen to me, so atleast remember to wear your seatbelt.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 09-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have to agree. Not cool man. Non of the boards will allow it. If you must, you need to be in Mexico. Everybody likes to play with their car, but actual racing on the streets really isn't cool and smart. Not trying to be a *** and either is Evil2014GT. Just trying to give you some good heads up and sound advice.
Eventually you will get your doors welded shut!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 09-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I know that, it was wrong and absolutely stupid to do, and I regret doing it. I will not race anymore, on the street. Track if my parents let me. I can handle 420HP fine guys, I will start using it a lot more judiciously though.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know that, it was wrong and absolutely stupid to do, and I regret doing it. I will not race anymore, on the street. Track if my parents let me. I can handle 420HP fine guys, I will start using it a lot more judiciously though.
You don't have to prove anything to anyone but yourself man. But i hope you mean it.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I do mean it. I'll let the other guys take the unnecessary risk. Not me anymore, 3-0, and done.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I do mean it. I'll let the other guys take the unnecessary risk. Not me anymore, 3-0, and done.
Good. Smart move.

Plus man, street racing is for ricers and slow POS cars, who are to afraid to come to a track because they will get laughed at lmao.

Or have watched Fast and the Furious to many times lol.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
Road Trip!

Region: New York
If I was your father. I would encourage you to go to a track. Close course, wear a helmet, safest place to do speed. I'm not busting on your parents but I think it is their fault you you are racing on the street. If they let you take it to the track where it is much, much safer you would not want to race on the streets. Many years ago I too was young and no so bright. I raced on the street as well not proud of it at all. I'm now 43 and look back on those days and say to myself what a Fing idiot I was!!! Thank God nothing ever happened during that stupid time in my life. Please listen to the guys on here they are not scolding you just giving you really good advise. life saving advise.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
If I was your father. I would encourage you to go to a track. Close course, wear a helmet, safest place to do speed. I'm not busting on your parents but I think it is their fault you you are racing on the street. If they let you take it to the track where it is much, much safer you would not want to race on the streets. Many years ago I too was young and no so bright. I raced on the street as well not proud of it at all. I'm now 43 and look back on those days and say to myself what a Fing idiot I was!!! Thank God nothing ever happened during that stupid time in my life. Please listen to the guys on here they are not scolding you just giving you really good advise. life saving advise.
I agree with everything you just said. I'm glad I posted this thread, made me realize how stupid and dangerous street racing is. Now tire squeals, I think are fine, as long as I don't push it.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1,000,000. Well said. Same here. Talk to your parents about the track. Inform them of the rules, and show them how much safer it is in a controlled environment. Let them know you a have a passion to improve your true driving skills, and want to have fun with your car. But that you want to be responsible, and do it in a closed, safe, and legal way.

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

When i was young and got my first muscle car, i started the same way doing stupid ****, but luckily smarted up fast before i or anyone else got hurt. Unfortunately i had a few friends that were not so lucky. Anyway, my parents didnt want me at the track at first either, especially my mother lol. But after explaining to her to rules/requirements, she agreed. After that i was there every weekend, and my parents new favorite hobby, even though they new nothing about cars, and were far from gear heads, was to come watch me race at the track.

Im 27 now and don't make it to the track as often, but even to this day my parents who still live relatively close to me, still love coming out with me. My dad has taken a serious interest in cars because of it, and my mom still haves fun. Especially now she has my fiance there with her to gossip with lol
Old 09-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
+1,000,000. Well said. Same here. Talk to your parents about the track. Inform them of the rules, and show them how much safer it is in a controlled environment. Let them know you a have a passion to improve your true driving skills, and want to have fun with your car. But that you want to be responsible, and do it in a closed, safe, and legal way.
The only concern I have with track racing is dings, a guy in 11th grade races, and his car(1979 Camaro Z28) came back with a big side scrape once.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The only concern I have with track racing is dings, a guy in 11th grade races, and his car(1979 Camaro Z28) came back with a big side scrape once.
That's ridicious. The track runs a lot less risk of even a scratch compared to the city streets.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 09-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
That's ridicious. The track runs a lot less risk of even a scratch compared to the city streets.
What's a typical track race like, is it similar to NASCAR, minus the 160+
Old 09-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What's a typical track race like, is it similar to NASCAR, minus the 160+
I've made well over 100 passes, and have never received any kind of damage to my car. Besides maybe some burnt rubber on the rear fender from the burnout box. (cleans right off).

As far as the track, i see you're in VA. As am I. I live in northern va. The track i go to is MIR (Maryland International Raceway) in Buds Creek, maryland. Its honestly one of the best and fastest tracks on the entire east coast. It is a 1/4 track.

Go to youtube and look up 1/4 drag racing. Enjoy.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Most kids don't have this issue because ,for the majority of us, we weren't given brand new mustangs in high school. I worked my *** of after high school and got my first GT at 18. Although it didn't have 420 horses, it had enough to get me in trouble and hurt others around me. I started getting not headed and racing in the streets with my friends. We had more ego than sense and we thought we were on top of the world. It caught up to us when a friend we used to ride it ran his car into a ditch and into a telephone pole at over 120mph. He survived the crash, but his two passengers weren't so lucky. His 19 year old girlfriend and her 18 year old friend died on scene. He was covered in his girlfriends guts and blood when the paramedics pulled him out. He hasn't been able to walk unassisted since. It's been 5 years since and he quit everything. He's an empty shell now. Forever playing back those scenes in his head. I think what killed him the most was watching his girlfriends mother bury her daughter and the pain he brought to hundreds of people in the community with just 14 seconds of speeding. That's all it takes. I slowed down after that. I wasn't always perfect, but I've been driving fast things for a long time now! I own 2014 gt and 2010 Suzuki gsxr. No tickets, never had any accidents of any sort and , knock on wood, I hope to continue that. Just thing about the people around you.

Get a race lid, go to the track and have fun there. Controlled environment and supervision will take a lot of risk away and ensure your safety. With on hand ambulances and a fire fighter ladder standing by, you'll be in good hands should you ever mess up beyond control.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
You will learn. It will either be a ticket or a wreck.

And no, doing burnouts is not safer.

You remind me of the kid down the road. Likes to hotrod down the neighborhood road. A few flat tires, several tickets and humiliating him at the track put an end to his speeding in the neighborhood.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
Old 09-27-2013, 07:02 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post

You remind me of the kid down the road. Likes to hotrod down the neighborhood road. A few flat tires, several tickets and humiliating him at the track put an end to his speeding in the neighborhood.
Even though he probably hated being embarrassed and owned at the track, Good thing you put him in his place now. Very well could end up saving his, or someone elses life.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT

Even though he probably hated being embarrassed and owned at the track, Good thing you put him in his place now. Very well could end up saving his, or someone elses life.
LS1 transams just aren't fast. He finally understands that.

I was close to filling his exhaust with expanding foam.
Our's:
Old 09-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
We don't take to kindly of your types around chere. (South park )
Old 09-27-2013, 07:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The only thing I will be doing is "peeling out". Tire squeals, that's it from now on.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

LS1 transams just aren't fast. He finally understands that.

I was close to filling his exhaust with expanding foam.
They can be. Mine was lol...... . But i had a fully built LQ9 block built by Thunder Racing, a custom ground nitrous cam, with a direct port fast 90/90 intake running a 200 shot, 12-bolt rear with 4.33 gears and built t-56. lol.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I'm sure some have seen this, this is definitely something informative and will definitely help u respect what u have and make better decisions

http://youtu.be/ajKNJiExjXM
Old 09-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz

The only thing I will be doing is "peeling out". Tire squeals, that's it from now on.
Which is classified as reckless driving in most jurisdictions. Worse than a dui on your record.

I'll be looking for your "totalled" thread if you survive it.

We've all been there. I have lifelong medical conditions from a wreck 10 years ago riding with a friend. It's just not worth it.
Our's:
Old 09-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Damn I wish I was given a new 5.0. That car is a privilege. Don't ruin it. Anyway seeing a fast *** car going slow as hell makes it even more badass.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:17 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:

I'm assuming you are talking drag racing. The guys who spin out and damage their cars do not have the luxury of advancetrac like we have in our Mustangs. You can push your traction control button one time to turn it off but there is still a little traction control to turn it off completely hold you brake tap the button twice and you are in traction control sport mode best for burn outs. If you hold your brake and hold the button for about 8 seconds the advancetrac is shut off. That controls your car in a slide like drifting. So if you are worried about spinning out do not turn off advancetrac. Drag race in sport mode traction or with traction Off or on. Shutting off advancetrac is for experienced drivers.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Which is classified as reckless driving in most jurisdictions. Worse than a dui on your record.

I'll be looking for your "totalled" thread if you survive it.

We've all been there. I have lifelong medical conditions from a wreck 10 years ago riding with a friend. It's just not worth it.
I didn't know that is classified as reckless driving, thanks for letting me know, you evidently didn't see my post that I AM DONE STREET RACING, and squeals will be an accident, like it was this time. Also, you will be looking for that thread forever, or if it is posted, it sure won't be MY fault.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:
I'm assuming you are talking drag racing. The guys who spin out and damage their cars do not have the luxury of advancetrac like we have in our Mustangs. You can push your traction control button one time to turn it off but there is still a little traction control to turn it off completely hold you brake tap the button twice and you are in traction control sport mode best for burn outs. If you hold your brake and hold the button for about 8 seconds the advancetrac is shut off. That controls your car in a slide like drifting. So if you are worried about spinning out do not turn off advancetrac. Drag race in sport mode traction or with traction Off or on. Shutting off advancetrac is for experienced drivers.
How would you turn the TC back on? Don't worry, I will be leaving the TC as it was when I bought it, fully engaged.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
bad idea to post this on a forum. lol. what were you thinking? ego?
Old 09-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Push the button one time to turn it back on.

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Mustangz, it would be super beneficial for you to read the owners/operators manual cover to cover. 420hp is something to respect and reading the manual will help you understand all functions of your car. Take Fords warnings in the manual very serious as well.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Wrong place to brag about street racing. As we dont take well to it around here. And this thread will be closed very shortly. Do us all a favor, dont kill yourself or anybody else, and keep it on the track. Street racing is stupid. Prove you can drive by going to a proper track, until then you get absolutely no respect from me, and im sure many other responsible drivers on here feel the same way.

Ps. If in fact you are "trying your best" not to race, it obviously isnt working. Not hard to be responsible if you choose too. Some people just dont respect the road/other drivers/peoples lifes. Street racing doesn't "make you cool". Especially with this crowd.

After reading your other threads (tire squeal in front of girl you like) its blatantly obvious your a young kid. Hence my suggestion: SELL YOUR CAR UNTIL YOU BECOME MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE MATURE BEFORE YOU KILL YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE.
Busy right now but since I don't see anyone else doing it, I will send a message to the appropriate staff and see if he becomes nothing but a "reckless memory!"
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post

Busy right now but since I don't see anyone else doing it, I will send a message to the appropriate staff and see if he becomes nothing but a "reckless memory!"
Ehhh don't do that givem a chance. And if he keeps doing it sadly he may learn the hard way
Old 09-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I really feel that the OP has learned his lesson, and seems to be seriously humbled by reading all our comments. And honestly there is good info in here for other young drivers to see and read. I would say keep it visible for that very reason. Hopefully others will learn their lesson by reading this as well.
Most of us were all young and dumb at one point. He deserves a second chance. Hopefully he took this info to heart, and seriously changes his driving habits, as hes implied he will.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:

That is a little harsh to have him booted from ME this is his first post ever. He's been hammered here pretty hard. I think he understands no street racing and not to post here about it. Everyone deserves a second chance. Have you ever gotten a second chance? WOW dude. One strike and he's out in your book. That is ef'd up!!! This young kid needs the guidance of this forum which he has just gotten from a lot of us in the last hour. I'm sure he leaned his lesson.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT