Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14) - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #106
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post

Only one crying is you any time someone "questions" AM. As soon as anyone does we all have to watch your vagina bleed all over the forum!!! Maybe AM will make you some tampons with mustang logos on 'em for you to plug your self up. Buy some extras too to keep handy in your purse!
You are so original in your insults... Taking a page out of my book. Bravo!! You really got me damn I'm so mad!!! Wow there's nothing to say after that. Other than you're the used d****e bag after the bloody vagina cleaning. For the record you are the one who started the insults and in true d****e bag fashion you will have a come back! I will let you have it as I will end my posting to this thread as of now. So lets see it? I can not wait to see the wittiness that flows off your fingers.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessmanGT View Post
Enough arguing. I want to know why this costs $100 more than amazon. I ordered one on Friday and almost regretting it
Check out the reviews on there... As per one of the customers, Rosen has no support, so if u have a problem your kinda on your own or have to wait for them to help u... AM is usual spot on with their customer service, so the extra $100 for them is peace of mind knowing u have backup in case u run into an issue... That's necessary especially with a brand new product
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #108
Road Trip!

Here an alternative by car audio giant Alpine... For $549 did not research it but I think this is only the kit GPS sold separately
http://creativecaraudio.net/products...n=recommended&
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang8psi View Post
funny how Rosen didnt mention that 7 months ago.. and now "raxiom" is making a debut release?? Also who is Raxiom... no search finds anything about them except a house branded name from you guys? And a trademark owned buy turn 5, (am parent company) just currious as to who or what info on the company is out there besides that? So are you saying Rosen teamed up with you guys??? cause they are not saying they did

RAXIOM - Reviews & Brand Information - TURN 5, INC. Malvern, PA - Serial Number: 85650652

Turn 5, Inc.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I already knew the info and links.. I was just asking who raxiom was ... and it seems true it's a turn 5 in house company that rebrands items for American muscle. And it is truly not a real ( anyone can order) company.. so as am Dan posted on another forum . Raxiom didn't design it they just liked it and are now selling the kit as their own.. so again sounds like a Re brand of the original unit with no changes except the $100 dollar increase ... just info that was asked on multiple forums not just from me and there has yet been a definitive answer except for the one quote I wrote earlier in this reply.
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #111

Region: California
I also noticed that AM offers a 2 year warranty with better support as opposed to ordering from rosen.
JessmanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
IMHO AM should price match and keep us coming to them for our mods.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFury View Post
IMHO AM should price match and keep us coming to them for our mods.
One product being higher priced is going to stop you from going there?

Sometimes it is worth it to pay a little more to a business you like doing business with
OCStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang8psi View Post
I already knew the info and links.. I was just asking who raxiom was ... and it seems true it's a turn 5 in house company that rebrands items for American muscle. And it is truly not a real ( anyone can order) company.. so as am Dan posted on another forum . Raxiom didn't design it they just liked it and are now selling the kit as their own.. so again sounds like a Re brand of the original unit with no changes except the $100 dollar increase ... just info that was asked on multiple forums not just from me and there has yet been a definitive answer except for the one quote I wrote earlier in this reply.
Cool wasn't sure.

I would be interested if they bought the rights and if they upgraded anything from what Rasen is selling.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #115
Road Trip!

Sorry need to post one more time. Maybe this will help a few who are trying to decide who to buy from.

Break down between Rosen price and AM...

Rosen $600, 1year warrantee, from what I read and heard bad customer support.

AM $700 minus ME 6% discount $658, 2 year warrantee, and arguably some of the best customer support in the business.

IMO for ME members the extra $58 and not the $100 is worth the extra 1 year warrantee and AM customer support.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #116

Just got done installing. Part of the instructions can be a little more clear. Also, installing the rear camera WILL require modification if you want a clean install above the license plate.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Just got done installing. Part of the instructions can be a little more clear. Also, installing the rear camera WILL require modification if you want a clean install above the license plate.
Could you give us details on how you installed it? More specifically where you hid the wiring and the modifications you had to make?
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Or what about the GPS antenna? Would it get reception inside the car??
Old 10-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #119
DVR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I think I'm going to order one of these. Can anyone answer the following:
1. where and how does the gps antenna mount?
2. does it add satellite radio if I do not currently have it?
3. If it adds xm/sirius where does the antenna mount?

I have a base GT with 301a option package that includes sync. However, I do not have xm/sirius. Thanks in advance
DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
Could you give us details on how you installed it? More specifically where you hid the wiring and the modifications you had to make?
Right above the license plate is a small plastic strip that pops out. in the middle of it is one of 3 small clips and a pin to line it up when you install it. I just cut the pin out since you wouldn't need it when the plastic strip is installed. I also had to trim part of the bumper above where the plastic strip mounts.
When u trim the bumper, you wont see it because the plastic strip will cover it.
Ill take a picture tomorrow when there's light.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Or what about the GPS antenna? Would it get reception inside the car??
I have my antenna mounted inside the car behind the rearview mirror
Old 10-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #121
Road Trip!

I have no sink in my car....lol.....need one though.....
PonyBoy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:09 AM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy415 View Post
I have no sink in my car....lol.....need one though.....
I'd rather have a toilet
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #123
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post
I'd rather have a toilet
+10000
PonyBoy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Sorry need to post one more time. Maybe this will help a few who are trying to decide who to buy from. Break down between Rosen price and AM... Rosen $600, 1year warrantee, from what I read and heard bad customer support. AM $700 minus ME 6% discount $658, 2 year warrantee, and arguably some of the best customer support in the business. IMO for ME members the extra $58 and not the $100 is worth the extra 1 year warrantee and AM customer support.
I read on the AM blog that they do price match. So u may just want to call them.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
Won't need this for winter storage (upcoming), but going to make a great mod for next road season and travels.
Hatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatman View Post
Won't need this for winter storage (upcoming), but going to make a great mod for next road season and travels.
Your better off getting after storage... By then it'll have the latest firmware and probably have less bugs than the 1st batch
Old 10-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #127

Quote:
Your better off getting after storage... By then it'll have the latest firmware and probably have less bugs than the 1st batch
Ive messed with this kit for awhile now and haven't experienced any issues. Also heard that updating the sw is going to be easy considering there is a micro sd card slot on the front
Old 10-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ive messed with this kit for awhile now and haven't experienced any issues. Also heard that updating the sw is going to be easy considering there is a micro sd card slot on the front
Yea looks pretty solid, I wish I could get it now, but I went way over my budget lately so I'll probably have to wait till tax return... What are your thoughts so far?
Old 10-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #129

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums but I found this thread by doing a google search. I recently installed this navigation system.

Install:
I'll be completely honest, it was difficult for me. I've never done a stereo job. It took me about 5 hours just to install the head unit. Taking out the A/C module was really the difficult part for me. I was being extremely careful with it, in the end I used some force and managed to take it out. The rest of the installation is pretty easy. I did have a problem with the harness. There's 2 cables that you have to chose to connect whether you have a 2010-12 or 2013, I have a 2014, so I tried the 2013, it didn't work, there was no sound coming out of the front left speaker. I thought maybe something wasn't plugged in correctly so i had to unplug everything and plug it back in but it still didn't work. So I went ahead and tried the 10-12 plug and it worked. I'm not sure if it was marked wrong.

I placed the navigation antenna on the front dash on the passenger side tucked away in the corner, so it has nothing obstructing it and it actually looks nice, i hid all the cables going there very easily, I'll post a picture when I can.

I still haven't installed the reverse camera, but i did try it out, it looks really nice, I kinda wish it had guide lines but it's okay. The reason I haven't installed it because I don't have an idea how to run the wires. I really don't want to drill a hole, but if someone can post some instructions on how to modify I would be willing to do it.

The system itself:
It looks great! That's for sure. I love how it looks stock. It's very fluid, it has no lag. When you press on the screen it automatically reacts. The navigation is very cool. It has all this different warnings and options. The steering wheel controls work well. Everything that comes with your mustang works perfectly with this unit. You can also change the background picture to a custom one with a 4GB micro SD card that's included with the unit (AM doesn't list it as "In the box".), I chose a nice mustang logo. The only thing I would change is the start up. It says raxiom, I wish I could trade it for my background. Besides that I really recommend this unit.

As far as a review this is what I give it.

Ease of Install: 6/10 (Needs more detail)
Looks:10/10
Operating System:9/10

I hope I help some of you guys out with this, sorry for it being so long. PM your questions, or post them here. Ill post pictures tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFury View Post
I read on the AM blog that they do price match. So u may just want to call them.
Thanks for letting us know!

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote:
I would really appreciate if you could post some pictures and a few instructions if you can!
MrMarcos448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Check out the reviews on there... As per one of the customers, Rosen has no support, so if u have a problem your kinda on your own or have to wait for them to help u... AM is usual spot on with their customer service, so the extra $100 for them is peace of mind knowing u have backup in case u run into an issue... That's necessary especially with a brand new product
AM price matches...
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post
I'd rather have a toilet
Lmfao! I laughed so hard at this!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
So just to let you guys know I too went ahead and bought this and installed it. Great system. It took me about an hour and a half. I do have quite a bit of experience in car audio. I must say it really is a great system. Easy plug and play. The touch screen is very quick and responsive, however on initial start it does take a couple of seconds to start up which isn't a big deal. I haven't figured out how to put up a custom image for start up or for a background so any input on that would be appreciated. One thing to note is this does not improve sound quality. It really is just a piggy back of the stock stereo. So if you're looking for something to improve sound quality look elsewhere.

I put my navi antenna on the back shelf behind the rear seats.Has a great line of sight to the sky and is well hidden. For the reverse camera I just used 3m tape to hold it up between the two license plate lights. For the wire I pulled out one of the light sockets and notched out a very small portion in the bumper to allow the wire to be run. Once I put the light back in the notch is hidden and gives a really clean look. I then just continued to run the wire under the trunk carpet off to the side and under the rear seat. Look up any write up on how to run a power amp wire and that will help out greatly. The camera has a really clear picture and works great at night too.

There really are no secrets or tricks to install this thing. The directions are pretty straight forward. The only thing they could be more clear on in on the back of the harness there is a plug that must be plug into one of two sockets, one labeled 10-12 and the other 13.
I did find out that the 4gig sd card must hold the navigation maps on it because once I removed the card the nav stopped working and I received an error message saying no sd card installed.

Overall great system for the price, looks clean, installs easily, and does exactly what it is advertised to do. I looked at all the other options out there and this really is the cheapest, cleanest, and easiest. Sure there are other options out there but most of the dash kits put the head unit in front of the shifter or it looks cheap. Now if you want sync to work you need to get a head unit that is compatible with sync and then get the extra programming unit for that head unit. That alone could easily set you back $1000 and up easily.
vans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I don't need navigation, I've always got someone telling me where to go.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I don't need navigation, I've always got someone telling me where to go.
1995 5.0 u/d,cai,t/b,shorty headers,x pipe,flows 40's,373 gears, alum. driveshaft, alum. radiator, shift kit, e-cam, ported upper and lower intake, 100 shot of spray, 2100 stall, black 0304 cobras. suspension: upper and lower control arms, sub frame connecters, and springs all SVE
mystang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by vans5oh View Post
So just to let you guys know I too went ahead and bought this and installed it. Great system. It took me about an hour and a half. I do have quite a bit of experience in car audio. I must say it really is a great system. Easy plug and play. The touch screen is very quick and responsive, however on initial start it does take a couple of seconds to start up which isn't a big deal. I haven't figured out how to put up a custom image for start up or for a background so any input on that would be appreciated. One thing to note is this does not improve sound quality. It really is just a piggy back of the stock stereo. So if you're looking for something to improve sound quality look elsewhere.

I put my navi antenna on the back shelf behind the rear seats.Has a great line of sight to the sky and is well hidden. For the reverse camera I just used 3m tape to hold it up between the two license plate lights. For the wire I pulled out one of the light sockets and notched out a very small portion in the bumper to allow the wire to be run. Once I put the light back in the notch is hidden and gives a really clean look. I then just continued to run the wire under the trunk carpet off to the side and under the rear seat. Look up any write up on how to run a power amp wire and that will help out greatly. The camera has a really clear picture and works great at night too.

There really are no secrets or tricks to install this thing. The directions are pretty straight forward. The only thing they could be more clear on in on the back of the harness there is a plug that must be plug into one of two sockets, one labeled 10-12 and the other 13.
I did find out that the 4gig sd card must hold the navigation maps on it because once I removed the card the nav stopped working and I received an error message saying no sd card installed.

Overall great system for the price, looks clean, installs easily, and does exactly what it is advertised to do. I looked at all the other options out there and this really is the cheapest, cleanest, and easiest. Sure there are other options out there but most of the dash kits put the head unit in front of the shifter or it looks cheap. Now if you want sync to work you need to get a head unit that is compatible with sync and then get the extra programming unit for that head unit. That alone could easily set you back $1000 and up easily.
Great write up
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #136

Region: Arkansas
also just purchased this, not a quick install for me

Bought my GT 2013 premium, and really was sorry I did not get the touch screen and backup camera. Purchased this unit to solve that issue.

First off, I wanted to say - for me it was not a 2 hour install. Wish it was. Closer to 4-5 hours. Not an expert with audio installs, though I am fairly handy, and have done other mods to car. I am a computer tech , my husband (works in maintenance in a large plant with lots of machinery of various types) also helped in installation - hes pretty handy around a car on the mechanical side .

The unit itself could have probably installed in two hours, IF one could easily access all cables etc. But installing GPS and Backup camera easily added another 1-2 hours to installation. So took me about 5 hours. (removing and reseating car moulding, mods made to fit etc)

And fighting with cabling behind Radio and AC unit took quite a long time. The fit in my car is very very tight, not every car may be this way. This was the biggest pain for me.

The AC unit was also very tight inside the console, and very very difficult to remove without damage. This also took a good bit of extra time. After removal, and breaking a retainment clip, I was able to see the two clips holding it in place, that needed to be depressed. However with unit in place these were impossible to see, even though we looked over and over and over.

I choose to install backup camera running wire under car molding down passenger side, and through hole already in car for license plate light. (camera was placed between lights using double sided tape, and a small notch was made in the back side of the black cover panel around the light and on the back edge of the light housing as well to allow the camera wire to feed under the panel and through the trunk compartment hole already in place, and through a rubber grommet (had to cut and retape this) for light wires).

GPS antenna was attached to top of rear view mirror with wiring run under headliner edge, and down A column on passenger side. I did not like a windshield mount, as the back of GPS antenna is very white and visible from outside of car through windshield.

The radio connections were almost impossible to plug and unplug correctly, due to small space limits. I have small hands (female) and it still took an hour just to plug radio connections back in. Connects are super short, and no give, fit is tight, and no room to move, even with glove box removed.

Instructions missed some key info. Both AC unit and SYNC unit must be separately wrapped in foam (one piece each )and the connecter areas cut out of foam cover to allow plugs to connect. These two parts are tied together with twist ties. These are shoved back into console behind, and also connected to Raxiom unit, to give you SYNC access to your new display.

The plug ins are plug and play, but some are confusing as some parts are not labeled, or have labels not shown in paperwork. But with reviews of the wiring diagram image, and photos, and looking at connecters closely - it can be sorted out. Most things really only fit one way, which is a big help.

After assembling entire unit - it did not work correctly.

This was due to a faulty unit. After speaking with Rosen Tech Support this was confirmed. AM and Resen were both excellent in helping to resolve the issue, and sending a replacement quickly, along with a prepaid return label.

Hope to receive that later this week, and am confidant replacing the console should solve my problem.

Overall I love the look of this unit and the seamless fit in my dash, it truly does look OEM in both color and fit. And I am so looking forward to a backup camera Not many reviews out yet, but most are very good.

The issue I have with my unit is the RAXIOM Start Up screen will display, then quickly flick to a black screen. There is a brief menu flash in the middle, but to quick to read. This occurs on ether a car battery connect, or if I reset the console, or pull its power plug and reseat.

But turning the car on or off, does not provide any display on the screen.
stormdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

So if I'm counting right, two faulty units and four good units (includes Dan from AM). Keeps me on the fence. Love the nice write-ups everyone is doing.

There is another post over in the AM forum if anyone is interested.

Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)
Old 10-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I love the look of this unit, but think its over priced for what it is as it doesn't change the factory radio and it depends on sync to function. So $699 for a OEM looking faceplate and 7" GPS that cannot function without sync?! Other aftermarket set-ups seem to have a much better bang for the buck with no restrictions.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post
I love the look of this unit, but think its over priced for what it is as it doesn't change the factory radio and it depends on sync to function. So $699 for a OEM looking faceplate and 7" GPS that cannot function without sync?! Other aftermarket set-ups seem to have a much better bang for the buck with no restrictions.
Try piecing together an aftermarket unit $800 minimum, install kit $300-$500, harnesses, Bluetooth mic and unit maybe $200-300, camera another $200 minimum, I'm sure there's a lot more I'm missing... But your looking well over $2k for a decent function aftermarket unit -_- this thing is a steal dude... Keep in mind that a SYNC car and non SYNC have different guts
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Try piecing together an aftermarket unit $800 minimum, install kit $300-$500, harnesses, Bluetooth mic and unit maybe $200-300, camera another $200 minimum, I'm sure there's a lot more I'm missing... But your looking well over $2k for a decent function aftermarket unit -_- this thing is a steal dude... Keep in mind that a SYNC car and non SYNC have different guts
Dude your kidding right? You can easily find a faceplate that comes with ac/heating controls with the option of a single or double din nav for $250 that is plug and play and looks factory oem like the raxion.Also there are many options of a 7-8" nav system that not only replaces your factory radio but also plays DVDs that can vary from $300-650. If your talking about install prices they come with everything you need to install just like the raxion, so if you can install the raxion you should have no problems installing the others. Sorry but for $700 all your really getting is a nav with a back up camera that if you really need to back up you car you bought the wrong car. There are many different options for our car and a simple look on eBay can give you so realistic options, for a 1-200$ more you can get a far superior set-up, but hey its your dough bro! Just my 2ยข
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT