Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14) - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #141
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFord13 View Post

Dude your kidding right? You can easily find a faceplate that comes with ac/heating controls with the option of a single or double din nav for $250 that is plug and play and looks factory oem like the raxion.Also there are many options of a 7-8" nav system that not only replaces your factory radio but also plays DVDs that can vary from $300-650. If your talking about install prices they come with everything you need to install just like the raxion, so if you can install the raxion you should have no problems installing the others. Sorry but for $700 all your really getting is a nav with a back up camera that if you really need to back up you car you bought the wrong car. There are many different options for our car and a simple look on eBay can give you so realistic options, but hey its your dough bro! Just my 2¢
Here you go I'm not kidding when I say you can not get an aftermarket system installed for even under a $1000. I did research on Crutchfield. Their cheapest unit is a Jensen at $400 you will lose sirius satellite radio (that is an option with the unit) there are also two integrated wiring harnesses you need to buy to connect the unit to the factory system. Each costing $150 and $100 We are up to $650 and the install kit to make it fit and work properly is about another $200-300. You are looking at a minimum of $800 to put an aftermarket unit in your car and that doesn't include the camera either. So this Rosen/Raxion unit is a steal for the options it has. You would spent way north of $1000 to have an aftermarket unit installed with the features the Rosen/Raxion unit.

I would like to see someone prove me wrong. Get an aftermarket system with bluetooth, satellite radio, steering wheel control compatible and backup camera. There is no way you can get a unit to match the price. There is just to much extra stuff you need to buy.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Here you go I'm not kidding when I say you can not get an aftermarket system installed for even under a $1000. I did research on Crutchfield. Their cheapest unit is a Jensen at $400 you will lose sirius satellite radio (that is an option with the unit) there are also two integrated wiring harnesses you need to buy to connect the unit to the factory system. Each costing $150 and $100 We are up to $650 and the install kit to make it fit and work properly is about another $200-300. You are looking at a minimum of $800 to put an aftermarket unit in your car and that doesn't include the camera either. So this Rosen/Raxion unit is a steal for the options it has. You would spent way north of $1000 to have an aftermarket unit installed with the features the Rosen/Raxion unit.

I would like to see someone prove me wrong. Get an aftermarket system with bluetooth, satellite radio, steering wheel control compatible and backup camera. There is no way you can get a unit to match the price. There is just to much extra stuff you need to buy.
OK. Lol. Just one that comes to mind is merta. You might be surprised at what's out there.
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I think ppl are just not understanding that this unit is just an upgrade to a car that is already equipped with built in mic, built in USB port, and built in steering wheel controls... Basically completely different guts, so it finally gives us SYNC guys the option of having navigation and backup cam w/o making our already equipped cars with extra crap and make our paid for options useless and pay another $1500+ minimum... There's tons of great options for the non SYNC cars, u just have to pay what we did when we opted for those options
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

But what I'm saying is there are options that retain sync for those of you that have it, merta is just one off the top of my head that with an simple wiring kit(plug and play) you retain sync and benefit from it that also retain steering control functionality. I do not in any way mean this in a negative way, but the raxion is literally a faceplate, that uses your factory radio, has the same heating/ac controls that has a 7" LCD display for your nav/info that comes with a back up camera. Yes it RETAINS sync but its something your car already has, not the raxion that provides it which would be something that it actually offered. If my car had sync in it already this system would almost provide nothing extra that my smartphone can provide (GPS/nav), it has vocal directions, maps of US/Canada and can make phone calls, lol jk jk. The back up camera is a cool feature but IMO doesn't justify the the 700$ price tag. Just saying. Like I've said it looks great, gives that factory look, but for $700 I'd expect something a little more than just a nav/back up camera.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Does anyone else find it funny that the only lengthy "reviews" are from people with 1 or new users??? seems odd! I hope it not a AM sales pitch once again....
Stang8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #146

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang8psi View Post
Does anyone else find it funny that the only lengthy "reviews" are from people with 1 or new users??? seems odd! I hope it not a AM sales pitch once again....
Yes, im new to this forum because I just bought my car 3 months ago and have been lurking since. Came across a thread about a nav system that retains steering wheel controls and sync in an all in one package.
I would have gone the other route with a different system but didnt want to buy everything separately.
Its people like you why I dont like to post in forums about products I like. Just sayin...
JessmanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:36 AM   #147
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessmanGT View Post

Yes, im new to this forum because I just bought my car 3 months ago and have been lurking since. Came across a thread about a nav system that retains steering wheel controls and sync in an all in one package.
I would have gone the other route with a different system but didnt want to buy everything separately.
Its people like you why I dont like to post in forums about products I like. Just sayin...
Welcome to the forum, and don't worry, everyone has an opinion and we learn off of each other so do be shy to chime in at anytime!
Old 10-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #148

Region: Arkansas
I have viewed these boards (and others) for a few months. Not daily, just when I need some info.

I first purchased my car in early 2013. I have not posted before, because in all honesty, I have nothing to contribute. I am just a new Mustang owner, that views the boards for product reviews, car care tips, and feedback before I make purchases.

I don't read daily, don't "hang out" here.

I am not an "expert" in any field that anyone on these boards would be interested in - so no need to post. I really don't have anything to say, you would care to read.

I saw this unit at AM, in a email they sent. Read all the online reviews I could find, incluiding messageboards, blogs etc. Decided to buiy the unit, as others I found were to costly, did not look as nice, to many parts to try and buy and piece together etc. (In my personal opinion) This is very plug and play which appeals to me, since I am not an experienced Audio person.

I have just received and installed this unit, and I just felt the need to add my two cents for others that are considering it. I still feel its probably a great unit (or I would not have purchased it ) - but of course have no real "use" feedback yet. Hope to soon.

I just wanted others to know the install, at least in my case, is not a two hour job. And though I am having an issue, which can certainly be expected from time to time - and though very frustrating - I feel like AM and Rosen have certainly come through to handle it in a professional and nice manner.

Which is one reason I choose to buy from AM personally. They have always treated me right. This is a big purchase for me, and I wanted someone behind me if I had to return it or had issues, or needed help on the install. I feel they have provided that. Which is what I expect from them, and why they are my first purchase option when I shop for car goodies.

Not all companies do well in after sales support in todays e-retail environment.

I do not work with AM or Rosen, am not affiliated with them, have no connection. Just a low volume, budget customer, who purchases a few things here and there to spiff up my new GT.
stormdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #149
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
funny how Rosen didnt mention that 7 months ago.. and now "raxiom" is making a debut release?? Also who is Raxiom... no search finds anything about them except a house branded name from you guys? And a trademark owned buy turn 5, (am parent company) just currious as to who or what info on the company is out there besides that? So are you saying Rosen teamed up with you guys??? cause they are not saying they did
No, I'm not saying we paired together with Rosen to actually build this Navigation. Raxiom worked really hard to source a very well made navigation system with great factory fit and finish. Rosen did a really good job with this Navigation, so Raxiom worked a deal to bring it to the Mustang community!

Hope this clears things up!

-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFury View Post
IMHO AM should price match and keep us coming to them for our mods.
Quote:
Sorry need to post one more time. Maybe this will help a few who are trying to decide who to buy from.

Break down between Rosen price and AM...

Rosen $600, 1year warrantee, from what I read and heard bad customer support.

AM $700 minus ME 6% discount $658, 2 year warrantee, and arguably some of the best customer support in the business.

IMO for ME members the extra $58 and not the $100 is worth the extra 1 year warrantee and AM customer support.
We will absolutely price match if you find this Navigation system cheaper. Also keep in mind what Dobypaw said. After the 6% forums discount we're roughly $50 more expensive than Amazon, however we offer an additional 1 year warranty on this item! That won't change the fact that we will offer price matching, even though we offer a longer warranty. We want to make sure our customers are always taken care of and will do whatever it takes to keep you guys happy!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #150

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
No, I'm not saying we paired together with Rosen to actually build this Navigation. Raxiom worked really hard to source a very well made navigation system with great factory fit and finish. Rosen did a really good job with this Navigation, so Raxiom worked a deal to bring it to the Mustang community!

Hope this clears things up!

-Dan

We will absolutely price match if you find this Navigation system cheaper. Also keep in mind what Dobypaw said. After the 6% forums discount we're roughly $50 more expensive than Amazon, however we offer an additional 1 year warranty on this item! That won't change the fact that we will offer price matching, even though we offer a longer warranty. We want to make sure our customers are always taken care of and will do whatever it takes to keep you guys happy!

-Dan
Wish I would have known you guys price match before I ordered mine.
JessmanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessmanGT View Post
Wish I would have known you guys price match before I ordered mine.
yep - same here
Old 10-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #152
Road Trip!

Quote:

OK. Lol. Just one that comes to mind is merta. You might be surprised at what's out there.
I did a search on Metra and the only thing I found were install kits. GPS units and wiring harnesses for the GPS are sold separately for the OEM connection. Metra installs kit range from $200 to $400 and the GPS unit is on the bottom. So in the kit and harnesses you will pay $350 to $550. Add a GPS with camera, blue tooth and satellite radio and you are looking at least another $500-$700. If you take the cheaper route you still spending $850. The Metra option is good for a non sync car. Anyone with sync and does not have navigation the Rosen/Raxiom unit is the best bang for the buck by far.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I did a search on Metra and the only thing I found were install kits. GPS units and wiring harnesses for the GPS are sold separately for the OEM connection. Metra installs kit range from $200 to $400 and the GPS unit is on the bottom. So in the kit and harnesses you will pay $350 to $550. Add a GPS with camera, blue tooth and satellite radio and you are looking at least another $500-$700. If you take the cheaper route you still spending $850. The Metra option is good for a non sync car. Anyone with sync and does not have navigation the Rosen/Raxiom unit is the best bang for the buck by far.
Like I said, for 100-200$ more you actually also get a new radio, mine factory one is a half step above suck, DVD player, blutooth, SD slot for pics or movies GPS/nav full eq and retain my steering wheel radio controls. The raxion is a nice OEM fit and finish device but other than GPS/nav it does not improve anything else. The camera is a nice touch but in all honestly how often r u going to use it? Its not very difficult to back up our cars but to each their own. Again just referring to the merta you also have a couple of choices of faceplates. When I spend my $$ I'd rather throw in a few bucks more for a much better device. Just my 2¢. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the merta set up (nav at the bottom) I was just using it as an example of other set ups available and how they are not overly expensive that will also improve our overall set up, especially those with no Bluetooth or sync. I'm just not sold on the raxion, even if I had sync, for the best bang for buck but that's just my opinion. Cheers.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #154

in reference to AM price match on this unit, when compared to unit on Amazon or elsewhere:

Per AM, (whom I called) no price matching is available on this Raxiom unit when compared to the Rosen unit sold on Amazon: as AM is the Raxiom branding - so officially not the same part number, same item. Just FYI for those who care.

So they would pricematch for a Raxiom unit only if found elsewhere.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #155
Road Trip!

Quote:

Like I said, for 100-200$ more you actually also get a new radio, mine factory one is a half step above suck, DVD player, blutooth, SD slot for pics or movies GPS/nav full eq and retain my steering wheel radio controls. The raxion is a nice OEM fit and finish device but other than GPS/nav it does not improve anything else. The camera is a nice touch but in all honestly how often r u going to use it? Its not very difficult to back up our cars but to each their own. Again just referring to the merta you also have the a couple of choices of faceplates. When I spend my $$ I'd rather throw in a few bucks more for a much better device. Just my 2¢.
Does the faceplate on your unit fold down to access the DVD/CD player? If someone does go that route and buys a unit like that. They will need to shift to 2nd, 4th, or 6th to access it if the install init has it on the bottom as most do. The backup camera is good to have in case you are backing into a small parking spot, face it most are. And the truck behind you left his trailer hitch in and just so happens to hang out close to a foot. Your guaranteed not to hit it. Or say you are at a picnic or friends house you get in you car without looking directly behind it you back up and run over the kid who was sitting on the ground playing with his hot wheels. One quick look at the screen and you just saved a life. I'm sure someone will say what are the chances that would happen? Well in reply. The last person who said that is now regretting it. Back up camera's are not to assist you in backing up they are there to make sure you see what is shorter than your rear deck. That you can not see in you mirrors.

Or lets say you always look behind your car before getting in. As you enter your car a child wants to prank you and they hide behind it. Can you see them without the camera? I do not see the camera as a nice touch. I see it as assurance.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormdance View Post
in reference to AM price match on this unit, when compared to unit on Amazon or elsewhere:

Per AM, (whom I called) no price matching is available on this Raxiom unit when compared to the Rosen unit sold on Amazon: as AM is the Raxiom branding - so officially not the same part number, same item. Just FYI for those who care.

So they would pricematch for a Raxiom unit only if found elsewhere.
Can I ask at what price did you see it elsewhere?
Old 10-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #157

not sure if its kosher to post this info here? I will PM you - Dont know rules or want to make waves
Old 10-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Does the faceplate on your unit fold down to access the DVD/CD player? If someone does go that route and buys a unit like that. They will need to shift to 2nd, 4th, or 6th to access it if the install init has it on the bottom as most do. The backup camera is good to have in case you are backing into a small parking spot, face it most are. And the truck behind you left his trailer hitch in and just so happens to hang out close to a foot. Your guaranteed not to hit it. Or say you are at a picnic or friends house you get in you car without looking directly behind it you back up and run over the kid who was sitting on the ground playing with his hot wheels. One quick look at the screen and you just saved a life. I'm sure someone will say what are the chances that would happen? Well in reply. The last person who said that is now regretting it. Back up camera's are not to assist you in backing up they are there to make sure you see what is shorter than your rear deck. That you can not see in you mirrors.

Or lets say you always look behind your car before getting in. As you enter your car a child wants to prank you and they hide behind it. Can you see them without the camera? I do not see the camera as a nice touch. I see it as assurance.
Like I said I'm not a huge fan of the bottom mounted GPS but it doest hinder its functionality, it just doesn't look as OEM as top mounted. As for your back up camera scenarios I've been driving 20 years in bigger and more view restricted cars than this one and never had an incident. So are you going to get a front camera also because those scenarios can happen either way! A small child can run in front of you, or be hiding in front of the car......you can pull into a spot front first and not see the trailer hitch on the back of the car/truck etc, ect, etc. We clearly have our own opinions about it and I don't want to go back and forth with you so its all good!

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote:
not sure if its kosher to post this info here? I will PM you - Dont know rules or want to make waves
Oh OK. NP.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #159

Region: Texas
Well I wrote the review to help you guys decide whether to get it or not, since it's pricey and there's also other options. I don't work for AM, I've had my mustang for 1 month now.
MrMarcos448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

+1 on the rear camera. At least they got this right. If the part would be flush with the rest of the controls I would jump. I'll save my money for a twin turbo instead.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I do not work for AM so my review could be considered non biased towards them. This really is a great simple unit for sync cars. Non sync cars have a ton more options. One new option that came out is from Maestro the MUS1 (ADS-KIT-MUS01). It puts the new stereo up high and gives a storage compartment down in front of the shifter. HOWEVER... to retain sync controls this must be used with a applicable Kenwood stereo. It is a very clean look but does not look like it came from the factory. Also, this is not plug and play, and you need to buy a separate module to retain the sync controls. The climate controls, stereo, nav...etc is all done on the kenwood stereo. The stereo alone will cost roughly $600 for the low end model. Yes it has more features, yes it has better sound, yes it plays dvd's but it is not plug and play and rear camera must be purchased separately. People were stating that they were having 5 hour install times with the raxiom unit, imagine how long it would take with this unit. On a side note, if I didn't state this before the reason it took me less than 2 hours was that I have a lot of experience installing car stereos and back up cameras and custom car audio work. People really are just arguing over semantics here and some I just think like to see read back what they type. It's really a simple situation. If you want a stock look, easy install, HAVE AND RETAIN YOUR SYNC, and don't want to spend a ton, raxiom is the way to go. If you want more, then you will spend more money and yes you will get more but you will also get a much more involved install and lose a factory look.
vans5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #162
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Hey guys,

I wanted to clear up a few things about this new Navigation. We're really excited to bring this to the Mustang Community. It's awesome on my personal 2011 GT and we've been playing with it for a few months on our 2014 GT.

Raxiom has been working with Rosen to bring this to the Mustang world and be able to offer a 2-year warranty (instead of 1 year) and same-day shipping. Obviously, we wanted to show the factory quality and fit/finish. The huge benefit with this is that we stand behind Raxiom products and will bend-over backwards to make sure that you guys get taken care of.

We've spent alot of time testing this Nav. and making sure that it came with the right ease of installation, fitment and look/feel of a factory unit. Rosen knocked it out of the park and with Raxiom's help, alot of Mustang owners are now getting to add an option they wish their Mustang came with for thousands cheaper!

As for price matching, hit me up directly because we typically don't match Amazon. That deal on Amazon probably isn't going to last forever, but we obviously want to keep you guys happy as customers. Between the 6% discount that we have offered our friends here at MEVO for years or price-matching, we'll always be the same price or cheaper than our competitors. With that, we'll try to always bring you better service!

Let me know if you guys have any other questions at all!

Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the updates. Does Raxiom have any plans to reduce the depth size of the unit? I don't like that it sticks out of the console. Thanks.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #164

Region: Florida
Hey everybody, I am new to the forum but I wanted to give information on my ongoing experience with this GPS unit.

I purchased the Raxiom unit the first day it was available for sale at $699.99 from American Muscle, with my discount I only paid $43 more than the Rosen model on Amazon. I didn't think twice about it because American Muscle has always been great with customer service and stands behind their products. I am not going to say I have never had issues with products from there but they ALWAYS take care of it and that is all I can ever ask for from a company, stand behind what you sell.

On to the product itself, I installed this Saturday myself, I have installed several GPS systems so I gave myself 2 hours assuming that would be more than enough time. As I started working there where immediate discrepancies between the instructions and what actually had to be done. I was able to get around most of the issues in a timely fashion with simple common sense. However, when I got to the AC module it was a different story. The instructions stated that the module needed to be lifted out carefully and boldly stated that this was at the installers discretion and Raxiom / Rosen could not be held liable. Seeing that I took a very gentle approach with a gradule raise in force. I got to a point almost 30 minutes later where I just didn't feel comfortable applying any more force to this module. At this point I got an LED flashlight and extendable mirror to get a good look at the unit. When I did this I noticed to metal pieces that were attached to each bracket that the module was attached to. I took a flat-head screwdriver and pushed those metal pieces back and the module came right off. This to me was the biggest issue with the somewhat useless instructions. You also have to zip tie your Sync and AC module's up into the back of your dash which isn't optimal but it is a cost effective method.

Following the install I was very pleased with the OEM look of the unit and the functionality was very good as well, no lagging at all. I wrapped up everything and called it a day about 4 hours later, this could have been easily cut in half with better instructions.

The real issues started the next day when I got in the car and drove to work. I use bluetooth to connect to Spotify on my phone, this is what I have used 100% of time in my car prior to installing the GPS. After driving for a couple minutes the sound on the unit went down as if I was getting a notification so I checked my phone and nothing had came in. This continued and has continued for several days and it has even got more frequent where it happens every 1-2 minutes. American Muscle as always has been very helpful but after trying several different phones, devices and even turning off all notifications it is still happening.

I have been forced to just listen to the radio because it is just too annoying to have music cutting out every minute or two. When I got in my car last night I noticed the sound was very low and that it actually stopped playing from the left front speaker completely. I was annoyed but I figured a connection may have just come loose so I took it all back apart and checked all of the connections and everything was in perfectly. I was so tired last night that I just button it back up and turned everything off while I was driving and just listened to her growl. I searched this morning and found the information that it might be the harness is mislabeled, should have looked last night!

All of this being said, I have requested approval to send the unit back to American Muscle for a refund. I am certainly not the only person with issues on this unit and it is actually less functional for me than my standard Sync unit was. The overall design and flow of the unit is flawless and they did a great job of utilizing everything that was already in the car so it is very cost effective. At the end of the day I think this is a "you get what you pay for" type of situation. I am not looking forward to having to take everything back out and reinstalling the old units but I would really like to be able to listen to music in my 2013!

I just wanted to take a few minutes and write this up for people that are on the fence about the unit. I don't think it's a bad unit at all but I think there are still a lot of bugs that need to be worked out prior to it being a quality purchase.

Thank You,
Adam
morepowerplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerplease View Post
Hey everybody, I am new to the forum but I wanted to give information on my ongoing experience with this GPS unit.

I purchased the Raxiom unit the first day it was available for sale at $699.99 from American Muscle, with my discount I only paid $43 more than the Rosen model on Amazon. I didn't think twice about it because American Muscle has always been great with customer service and stands behind their products. I am not going to say I have never had issues with products from there but they ALWAYS take care of it and that is all I can ever ask for from a company, stand behind what you sell.

On to the product itself, I installed this Saturday myself, I have installed several GPS systems so I gave myself 2 hours assuming that would be more than enough time. As I started working there where immediate discrepancies between the instructions and what actually had to be done. I was able to get around most of the issues in a timely fashion with simple common sense. However, when I got to the AC module it was a different story. The instructions stated that the module needed to be lifted out carefully and boldly stated that this was at the installers discretion and Raxiom / Rosen could not be held liable. Seeing that I took a very gentle approach with a gradule raise in force. I got to a point almost 30 minutes later where I just didn't feel comfortable applying any more force to this module. At this point I got an LED flashlight and extendable mirror to get a good look at the unit. When I did this I noticed to metal pieces that were attached to each bracket that the module was attached to. I took a flat-head screwdriver and pushed those metal pieces back and the module came right off. This to me was the biggest issue with the somewhat useless instructions. You also have to zip tie your Sync and AC module's up into the back of your dash which isn't optimal but it is a cost effective method.

Following the install I was very pleased with the OEM look of the unit and the functionality was very good as well, no lagging at all. I wrapped up everything and called it a day about 4 hours later, this could have been easily cut in half with better instructions.

The real issues started the next day when I got in the car and drove to work. I use bluetooth to connect to Spotify on my phone, this is what I have used 100% of time in my car prior to installing the GPS. After driving for a couple minutes the sound on the unit went down as if I was getting a notification so I checked my phone and nothing had came in. This continued and has continued for several days and it has even got more frequent where it happens every 1-2 minutes. American Muscle as always has been very helpful but after trying several different phones, devices and even turning off all notifications it is still happening.

I have been forced to just listen to the radio because it is just too annoying to have music cutting out every minute or two. When I got in my car last night I noticed the sound was very low and that it actually stopped playing from the left front speaker completely. I was annoyed but I figured a connection may have just come loose so I took it all back apart and checked all of the connections and everything was in perfectly. I was so tired last night that I just button it back up and turned everything off while I was driving and just listened to her growl. I searched this morning and found the information that it might be the harness is mislabeled, should have looked last night!

All of this being said, I have requested approval to send the unit back to American Muscle for a refund. I am certainly not the only person with issues on this unit and it is actually less functional for me than my standard Sync unit was. The overall design and flow of the unit is flawless and they did a great job of utilizing everything that was already in the car so it is very cost effective. At the end of the day I think this is a "you get what you pay for" type of situation. I am not looking forward to having to take everything back out and reinstalling the old units but I would really like to be able to listen to music in my 2013!

I just wanted to take a few minutes and write this up for people that are on the fence about the unit. I don't think it's a bad unit at all but I think there are still a lot of bugs that need to be worked out prior to it being a quality purchase.

Thank You,
Adam
Thanks for that info. When you mention "harness is mislabeled" - do you mean you have the wrong type harness for your vehicle, and a replacement correct harness would fix the issue? Or do you mean the the labeling tags on the harness are wrong, so you connected things incorrectly.

I guess I am just trying to see if there is an easy fix if someone has this same issue.

The AC clips were the exact same problem I ran into also, except I could not find them until after unit was removed, and a clip on the ac was broken.

I have a replacement system due to arrive to me on Friday, and am hopeing I do not have the issue you noted as well. I have a 2013 also.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Adam, there are a couple of things going on here. I had a similar problem but it turned out to that I did not hook up a plug. On the harness that came with the navigation there should be three small plugs, one labeled : FL, one labeled:10-12, and another 13. You need to plug the FL plug into either the 10-12 or the 13 plug to get this to stop. What is happening (or what happened to me) is the speed limit warning was set to: audible and visual, in my navigation settings. The warning comes out of the front left speaker and it turns down your music to better hear this warning. I would say that you probably do not have sound coming out of your front left speaker and the voices for the navigation do not work. If you are experiencing this then you did not plug that part of the harness in. Take a look at the wiring diagram section of the instructions. The directions do a poor job of explaining this so I could see how you missed it. There was an earlier post of someone having a '14 but had to plug into the 10-12 harness. If one doesn't work try the other. If you tried both and still nothing then you may have a bad unit.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by vans5oh View Post
Adam, there are a couple of things going on here. I had a similar problem but it turned out to that I did not hook up a plug. On the harness that came with the navigation there should be three small plugs, one labeled : FL, one labeled:10-12, and another 13. You need to plug the FL plug into either the 10-12 or the 13 plug to get this to stop. What is happening (or what happened to me) is the speed limit warning was set to: audible and visual, in my navigation settings. The warning comes out of the front left speaker and it turns down your music to better hear this warning. I would say that you probably do not have sound coming out of your front left speaker and the voices for the navigation do not work. If you are experiencing this then you did not plug that part of the harness in. Take a look at the wiring diagram section of the instructions. The directions do a poor job of explaining this so I could see how you missed it. There was an earlier post of someone having a '14 but had to plug into the 10-12 harness. If one doesn't work try the other. If you tried both and still nothing then you may have a bad unit.
Thank you for the helpful advice. The left front speaker was working for the first few days and I checked all of the connections again last night. I didn't however try the 10-12 connection, I never even thought of it until I saw that earlier in the post this morning.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Thanks for that info. When you mention "harness is mislabeled" - do you mean you have the wrong type harness for your vehicle, and a replacement correct harness would fix the issue? Or do you mean the the labeling tags on the harness are wrong, so you connected things incorrectly.

I guess I am just trying to see if there is an easy fix if someone has this same issue.

The AC clips were the exact same problem I ran into also, except I could not find them until after unit was removed, and a clip on the ac was broken.

I have a replacement system due to arrive to me on Friday, and am hopeing I do not have the issue you noted as well. I have a 2013 also.
That is correct, I didn't read about the mislabeling issues until this morning so I am going to try and switch the 13 to the 10-12 and see if that helps before I send it back.

Sorry to hear about those clips, I am shocked I didn't break one in the 30 minutes I was tugging on that thing.

I guess i should have thrown the money in the supercharger fund!
Old 10-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
The longer this thread goes, the more obvious it gets.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Not sure if this was directed at me but I just wanted to throw out that I may have never used this forum before today but I am on several others. No other forums had any quality information on the product.

Also, I am certainly NOT recommending this product, I decided to make the post to help others in similar situations and warn potential buyers of the issues that are currently present with the unit. In my line of work I see brand reps sneak in and talk up the newest product with no rep constantly so I understand how annoying it can be.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by morepowerplease View Post

Not sure if this was directed at me but I just wanted to throw out that I may have never used this forum before today but I am on several others. No other forums had any quality information on the product.

Also, I am certainly NOT recommending this product, I decided to make the post to help others in similar situations and warn potential buyers of the issues that are currently present with the unit. In my line of work I see brand reps sneak in and talk up the newest product with no rep constantly so I understand how annoying it can be.
Well said!
Old 10-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #171
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I had long posts but no sales pitch from me. Just never really had anything to post on the forum until now.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Like expected the unit is still in its early phase... I'm sure over time there will be firmware upgrades to fix the bugs, it's expected for there go be little issues, most of it seems like poor instructions
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #173

my unit is now up and working correctly, and its pretty darn awesome. I am really enjoying it.

I installed my GPS antenna on the top of my rear view mirror, and that worked great, and blends in well. (attached to mirror top, not windshield)

AM sent me a replacement unit. But when all was said and done - it was user error - not equipment error. So not their fault, my bad.

On the directions there are some unclear areas, and that's where the confusion was. Hope these can be clarified on future direction sheets.

If anyone else gets the unit - the OEM Radio harness is what plugs into the Raxiom harness. The OEM Air Conditioner, and OEM Sync do not directly plug into the Raxiom harness with plug/play connections at all. If this had been better clarified, I would have had my unit running the first installation.

The original wiring for the AC and SYNC (OEM) plug directly back into the OEM units.

That was the problem with our setup, and why I had an issue. I have now resolved it, and everything is as it should be.

Yeah!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	consol raxom nav.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	133098  
Old 10-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #174
Road Trip!

Quote:
my unit is now up and working correctly, and its pretty darn awesome. I am really enjoying it.

I installed my GPS antenna on the top of my rear view mirror, and that worked great, and blends in well.

AM sent me a replacement unit. But when all was said and done - it was user error - not equipment error.

On the directions there are some unclear areas, and that's where the confusion was. Hope thyese can be clarified on furture direction sheets.

If anyone else get the unit - the OEM Radio harness is what plugs into the Raxiom harness. The OEM Air Conditioner, and OEM Sync do not directly plug into the Raxiom harness directly at all. If this had been better clarified, I would have had my unit running the first installation.

The original wiring for the AC and SYNC (OEM) plug directly back into those units.

That was the problem with our setup, and why I had an issue. I have now resolved it, and everything is as it should be.

Yeah!
That looks awesome. So much better that the units with the GPS on the bottom.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
my unit is now up and working correctly, and its pretty darn awesome. I am really enjoying it. I installed my GPS antenna on the top of my rear view mirror, and that worked great, and blends in well. AM sent me a replacement unit. But when all was said and done - it was user error - not equipment error. On the directions there are some unclear areas, and that's where the confusion was. Hope thyese can be clarified on furture direction sheets. If anyone else get the unit - the OEM Radio harness is what plugs into the Raxiom harness. The OEM Air Conditioner, and OEM Sync do not directly plug into the Raxiom harness directly at all. If this had been better clarified, I would have had my unit running the first installation. The original wiring for the AC and SYNC (OEM) plug directly back into those units. That was the problem with our setup, and why I had an issue. I have now resolved it, and everything is as it should be. Yeah!
Like it a lot, think I'm getting one
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT