Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

A little over a month ago at the 5th annual AmericanMuscle Mustang show I very quietly leaked evidence that Raxiom would be coming out with a Navigation system for 10-14 Mustangs! As shown in the photo below, AM raffled off the first Navigation system they had from Raxiom at AM2013.

I personally own a fully loaded 2011 GT with the Performance package and Brembo brakes. However, the one option I didn't go with when ordering my car was Navigation, it was a $2,300 option from the factory! As soon as I found out that AmericanMuscle would be working with Raxiom to build a top of the line navigation, I just had to have it. This system features a back up camera, satellite radio and still takes full advantage of the sync system. Now if that wasn't enough, this Navigation notifies you when red light cameras and speed traps are ahead, that's a beautiful thing for led foot Mustang owners like myself!

Raxiom's Navigation System uses iGO Primo 2.0 software that includes Text-To-Speech, voice and visual turn-by-turn on screen 2D, 3D, and Green routing directions, as well as 3D building views for major cities. The Raxiom 7” HD full color touch-screen LCD will display SYNC radio and other SYNC controlled functions in a much higher resolution than the standard 2-line factory display and features an auto dimming mode with manual dimmer control. The included full color rear back-up camera has a built in "Instant on" feature. Were it comes on the screen the moment you select reverse. It supports 5 different languages, and retains all Bluetooth, and usb connections. The Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation System with Back-up Camera fits 2010 to 2014 Mustangs equipped with "SYNC", including V6, GT, BOSS and Shelby GT500 models.

I had the pleasure of installing the Raxiom Navigation in my 2011 GT over the weekend. Raxiom includes everything you need to hook this baby up! It was super easy to install. It comes with very detailed instructions, a labeled wiring harness, and all the cables you would need for a very simple plug and play installation. It retains, your steering wheel controls, all your sync capabilities, even your climate control settings come up on the 7" touch screen. It looks almost identical to the OEM navigation at less than half the cost but functions just as well, if not better! From start to finish I had the Navigation box open, in the car and functioning in about an hour and 15 minutes.

Wiring Harness

Unit Pre-installed in the face plate

Instruction Guide

Stock set up apart

Installed pictures

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or would like more information about the Raxiom Navigation. I have personal experience with both stock and now the Raxiom Navigation's and I highly recommend this product!

The Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera will be available on AmericanMuscle.com on October 4, 2013 for $699.99. Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera RAX-MUST20-US (10-14 All) - Free Shipping RAX-MUST20-US

Read more on the Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera at http://blog.americanmuscle.com/amdan...2010-mustangs/

Stay Tuned!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Niiiiiiiccccceeeeeeee. Definitely added to my ever growing list.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

This thing is SWEET!!! Nice write up Dan!
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
+1000

Glad I didn't get this from the factory. For roughly a 1/3 of the price it seems like a great deal.

Dan are there any features you particularly like or dislike?
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
Glad I didn't get this from the factory. For roughly a 1/3 of the price it seems like a great deal.
No kidding.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 10-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Wow awesome!! I had no intention of going aftermarket but this thing is beautiful and looks factory!!
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
You definitely won't regret it, I promise!

-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
+1000

Dan are there any features you particularly like or dislike?
Hey,

I think my personal favorite feature is the GPS letting me know when there's a speed limit change, speed traps ahead, red light cameras, traffic patterns, accidents ahead etc.. I also love the back up camera! In my honest opinion, I have absolutely on complaints!

I've used other "touch screen" units before and sometimes you really have to touch the screen hard or at a weird angle to get it to go. This is not the case with the Raxiom GPS, the touch screen works perfectly!

-Dan
Old 10-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
You definitely won't regret it, I promise! -Dan Hey, I think my personal favorite feature is the GPS letting me know when there's a speed limit change, speed traps ahead, red light cameras, traffic patterns, accidents ahead etc.. I also love the back up camera! In my honest opinion, I have absolutely on complaints! I've used other "touch screen" units before and sometimes you really have to touch the screen hard or at a weird angle to get it to go. This is not the case with the Raxiom GPS, the touch screen works perfectly! -Dan
Any idea what price range? Or when will it be released??
Old 10-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Where do you mount the back up camera?
OCStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

October 4th. $699.99
Old 10-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
October 4th. $699.99
Not bad!! Would love to see a video review of it... Looks soo much better than those aftermarket units with the bottom Nav screen
Old 10-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
What if we just have a base gt? can I get snyc installed from ford and then get this?
fastJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not bad!! Would love to see a video review of it... Looks soo much better than those aftermarket units with the bottom Nav screen
I'm working on uploading a video to YouTube ASAP. I'll text you when it's up and update the post.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

I'm working on uploading a video to YouTube ASAP. I'll text you when it's up and update the post.
Did you already get one DWC?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you already get one DWC?
I currently have one to test an evaluate. Please check out my review.

Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)
Old 10-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Is there any access to the OS of the device? I would rather use Waze for navigation and I would love to run spotify on it as well.
thejohncarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Where is the back up camera located? So this let's you have touch screen and makes your climate inner the screen? What about heated seats
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

I currently have one to test an evaluate. Please check out my review.

Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)
Nice. Looking forward to the video.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86 muscle View Post
Where is the back up camera located? So this let's you have touch screen and makes your climate inner the screen? What about heated seats
You could locate the backup camera any where you please. With the design of it, it seems like the space directly above the license plate, in between the two license plate lights, is the best location. The nice part is that it's only one cable straight from the head unit and no separate power needs to be ran to the camera.
All of your analog controls for climate control and heated seats remain in place. When they are adjusted the information is displayed on the LCD screen.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I'll be buying this.. Hopefully they keep them stocked for awhile.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:50 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Raxiom killed it with this. I've always loved their lights, this looks to be a superior product in quality and finish. I wish I could afford it, haha.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:08 AM   #22

Region: California
How does it work with bluetooth audio and pandora? Would it display information about the song being played?
JessmanGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessmanGT View Post
How does it work with bluetooth audio and pandora? Would it display information about the song being played?
Good question but I'm sure it would work the same as OEM, u would just have it in USB mode and it will show the song info on the screen.... One thing I'm actually worried about myself is if I'm able to change the Raxiom startup boot screen to like a Pony or anything I want... It kinda has a factor on whether I would get this or not since I'm looking for the OEM look
Old 10-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessmanGT View Post
It works great with Bluetooth audio or streaming pandora from your Bluetooth enabled smart phone. It only will display the song and artist information in streaming thru the USB connection, just like OEM.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #25
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Quote:
October 4th. $699.99
Hey guys,

The Navigation is actually available for purchase now! We got so many request for this that we decided to bump up the release date by a few days.

Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera 100300 (10-14 All) - Free Shipping 100300

-Dan
Old 10-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
This is an awesome product. Anybody know how much it would cost to have installed? I can do parts but when it comes to wires and taking the dash apart I don't want to mess with that.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
This is an awesome product. Anybody know how much it would cost to have installed? I can do parts but when it comes to wires and taking the dash apart I don't want to mess with that.
Check out the manufacturers installation guide. It seems very simple and straight forward so it's worth a look before you decide to have it installed.
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
It's very easy Redstang, the center console and stereo trim just pop out. You unplug a few connectors. The only tools you need is a 7mm and a Phillips head screwdriver. Everything just plugs into the new harness and goes back together like it came apart. You can pick up a set of plastic prying tools from AM or Harbor Freight. They help out a lot. It will only take a hour or two, tops. Just follow the directions and you won't have any trouble. Good luck!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastJ View Post
What if we just have a base gt? can I get snyc installed from ford and then get this?
I'm wondering the same thing...
2013Coyote5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013Coyote5.0 View Post
I'm wondering the same thing...
I'll try to find out what I can for you guys!
Old 10-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

You can install sync yourself, but it takes some skillz. You need to purchase a sync com module from a 11+ , the '09 Ford Sync kit, rearview mirror w/mic, steering wheel buttons replacement and a few micro pins and wire. You can get everything for around $600-700 DIY. There are a couple of decent threads on another forum that a few guys forged the way and completed it. I would think that once you install the Sync, you could plug and play this. So under 1,500 you could have a sync nav system with back up cam. Not a bad aftermarket add on considering what this costs at the dealer. I would hope Raxiom could do something with the home screen as others have stated. It would be way cool if you had some custom options for the home screen.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #32

Crazy question - Do you think I could mount that backup camera on the front of the car since I already have a b/u camera and set up a switch so I can have cameras on both sides for parking? I love the looks of this thing and ease of installation. I recently installed nav into my 2013 Tacoma and 2003 Z06 which were both a b-tch to do and required dash cutting behind the units.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersteiner View Post
Crazy question - Do you think I could mount that backup camera on the front of the car since I already have a b/u camera and set up a switch so I can have cameras on both sides for parking? I love the looks of this thing and ease of installation. I recently installed nav into my 2013 Tacoma and 2003 Z06 which were both a b-tch to do and required dash cutting behind the units.
Absolutely. There's a second input for a camera. So you could run your current cam into the backup connection and connect the included one up front. That's my plan also.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #34

Nice thanks...
Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersteiner View Post
Nice thanks...
No prob. Good luck!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT