Need Help ASAP! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Need Help ASAP!

Hey guys, so I'll make this quick..

I had my car sitting for about a month and a half, so when I finally went to start it, the battery was dead. I replaced the battery only to find out that damn near all of the lights on my dashboard were on. Check engine light, limp mode light, air bag light, etc, and worst of all my speedometer is not working. I've taken the negative terminal off the battery for like 5 mins or so to reset it but it didn't work. Anyone have any similar issue? The car is tuned btw..

2012 kona blue gt, GT500 exhaust, tinted windows, J&M Panhard bar, Steeda Ultralites, Koni STR shocks and struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Performance shifter, Steeda Shifter Bracket, 20" Giovanna Monzas..damn I need more money!!
5pointOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I dont no what to tell you... Take it to the dealership.. Are you tuned?
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

yea it's tuned..

2012 kona blue gt, GT500 exhaust, tinted windows, J&M Panhard bar, Steeda Ultralites, Koni STR shocks and struts, GT500 strut mounts, SR Performance shifter, Steeda Shifter Bracket, 20" Giovanna Monzas..damn I need more money!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
U should try to unload tune an reload it
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I tried that too man.. I returned it back to stock, then I reloaded a different tune.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Does it start?
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yea it starts and runs. At night the speedo side of the dash lights up in red and the other side is the normal my color setting. I ran the diagnostic code with my tuner and it gave me the code for wheels shaft sensor or something..could this really be bad already?

Old 10-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I got nothing then, lol. Good luck! Keep us posted.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks anyway..I'm gonna take it to the dealer first thing in the morning. I already have in my mind that they are going to screw me because it's tuned.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Return it to stock. Don't tell them u have a tune
RobbyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyD
Return it to stock. Don't tell them u have a tune
When they hook their computer up it will tell them it has been tuned. Part of the risk of modding.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Just got mine from the dealership for work done under warranty and either some places are too dumb to check for a tune.....or they just don't care, my dealership could've screwed me cuz of my tune but they didnt
Mustangreazon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangreazon50 View Post
Just got mine from the dealership for work done under warranty and either some places are too dumb to check for a tune.....or they just don't care, my dealership could've screwed me cuz of my tune but they didnt
U should ask them which... Lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangreazon50 View Post
Dealers get paid for warranty work. It's when a big ticket item messes up, that a Ford rep has to be called in, is when you'll have problems.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Dealers get paid for warranty work. It's when a big ticket item messes up, that a Ford rep has to be called in, is when you'll have problems.
Good to know.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Yup +1. Im not tuned, but have a lot of suspension work. My pinion seal blew out on me, and my dealer fixed it no questions asked. They want the work, especially if its a cheap part.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Exactly what my dealer told me
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Good luck with your car. Hope the dealer takes care of you. If they want you as a repeat customer then they will do what they can for you.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

So I went to the dealer this morning because I couldn't get in Monday. Anyway, I returned my car to stock Monday after speaking to a rep from AM and guess what happened..it bricked up on me. The car wouldn't crank and when I tried to download the tunes, it kept saying download failed. Now don't get me wrong because I'm not blaming them, but I just think I was changing the tunes to often or something. Anyway, I called SCT and they got the car back started and I was able to return it to stock. So then I left for work and the idle was all over the place. My intentions were to leave it stock until today when I went to the dealer but it was idling so rough I couldn't so I reloaded the hybrid tune.

Anyway, I went to the dealer and after an hour of nail biting, the service advisor walked up to me with a weird look on his face and told me I needed a new instrument cluster. I thought to myself holy cow this is going to be expensive, but then he said but don't worry cause your warranty will cover it. So Monday or Tuesday I guess I get a new instrument cluster.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I notice when I tune my gauge go all nuts... the arms chatter and flicker. Maybe tuning excessively can screw up the cluster? Who knows, glaf your alright tho

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

I notice when I tune my gauge go all nuts... the arms chatter and flicker. Maybe tuning excessively can screw up the cluster? Who knows, glad your alright tho
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointOh View Post
So I went to the dealer this morning because I couldn't get in Monday. Anyway, I returned my car to stock Monday after speaking to a rep from AM and guess what happened..it bricked up on me. The car wouldn't crank and when I tried to download the tunes, it kept saying download failed. Now don't get me wrong because I'm not blaming them, but I just think I was changing the tunes to often or something. Anyway, I called SCT and they got the car back started and I was able to return it to stock. So then I left for work and the idle was all over the place. My intentions were to leave it stock until today when I went to the dealer but it was idling so rough I couldn't so I reloaded the hybrid tune.

Anyway, I went to the dealer and after an hour of nail biting, the service advisor walked up to me with a weird look on his face and told me I needed a new instrument cluster. I thought to myself holy cow this is going to be expensive, but then he said but don't worry cause your warranty will cover it. So Monday or Tuesday I guess I get a new instrument cluster.
Here is one good rule of thumb when it comes to modding and warranty. IMO and from what I have experienced with my Ford Dealer/Service Manager. If the mod causes the problem you are experiencing, then that issue won't be covered under the warranty. If the mod has nothing to do with what you are experiencing, then the issue should be covered under warranty.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointOh View Post

Return it to stock and unplug the battery cable for 30 min. Reattach cable and let your car do the idle relearn. Before they install your cluster BC they may try to update your PCM when they install the cluster. So if it's tuned it may cause a problem.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post

Here is one good rule of thumb when it comes to modding and warranty. IMO and from what I have experienced with my Ford Dealer/Service Manager. If the mod causes the problem you are experiencing, then that issue won't be covered under the warranty. If the mod has nothing to do with what you are experiencing, then the issue should be covered under warranty.
If you're friendly with a service advisor and his manager it goes a long way. Not saying that they will swap a whole new motor for you but if they like you they will try to work around the warranty more for you.

My SCT whipped out my PCM and they had to swap it out cause they couldn't reload a stock tune. After taking my car off the tow truck and checked my car in we started chatting. He asked me what all I've done to the car. And I said well... I have a tune. He said "oh..." Then he called the mechanic and told him to stop and specifically NOT to connect to the online ford diagnostic software.

Eventually he told ford that there was evidence of some short and that's the reason the unit couldn't read anything or respond. So connection wasn't possible or something like that. Covered under warranty. Else I do belief that's $800.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT