SX/SF3 Tuner Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
SX/SF3 Tuner Help

Need help with tuner. I have a 2011 mustang gt and have the boss intake and 90mm TB showing up today. I went to SCTs website to update the firmware, but the auto update updated the device to a Part Number 3000 and not 3015. Now the tuner says invalid firmware. Does anybody have the correct firmware I can download? SCT wants me to mail in the device so they can fix it. Who knows how long that could take...I want to be on the road this weekend testing out this combo!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
First of all you wasted money on that throttle body. JPC just ran an 8.01 with the stock throttle body. I've never updated my tuner and never had any problems but in your case it looks like only SCT is going to be able to help you.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
First of all you wasted money on that throttle body. JPC just ran an 8.01 with the stock throttle body. I've never updated my tuner and never had any problems but in your case it looks like only SCT is going to be able to help you.
I read mixed reviews about the throttle body, but figured since it was one of the few things I have left to bolt on I'd give it a shot.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Don't regret your purchase, it should help. I know I felt a good difference with a larger tb, however I have a new edge.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Don't regret your purchase, it should help. I know I felt a good difference with a larger tb, however I have a new edge.
I definitely won't regret the purchased. I will need it later on when I get a supercharger, cams, and ported heads.

I just wish someone had a SF3 3015 firmware download I could get since SCT doesn't post the online anymore.

*note to self - don't fix what ain't broke*
Old 10-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
If the tuner needs sent in then do it. It's better to wait a few days than have the computer brick up and cost you a tow to the dealer. Maybe the company you bought it from will overnight a new one, doesn't hurt to ask.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well then that's not an apples to apples comparison now is it?
All of the fastest Coyotes out there are running the stock throttle body. Coincidence? I think not.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well then that's not an apples to apples comparison now is it? All of the fastest Coyotes out there are running the stock throttle body. Coincidence? I think not.
It's not apples to apples, but it should help reduce the low end tq lost with the boss intake.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post
It's not apples to apples, but it should help reduce the low end tq lost with the boss intake.
From a throttle body? Bahahahahahahahah.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well then that's not an apples to apples comparison now is it? All of the fastest Coyotes out there are running the stock throttle body. Coincidence? I think not.
I stated i have a different model so obviously its different. How's saying he wasted his money in any way helpful besides to be a d***? Its already purchased
Old 10-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ok. Back on topic.

Bigger TB = better throttle response but typically should only realize upper power gains if any. May result in slight loss of low end torque without FI.

Is that correct? Just another piece to the puzzle depending on his bigger picture.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I stated i have a different model so obviously its different. How's saying he wasted his money in any way helpful besides to be a d***? Its already purchased
Or, and here's an idea, if you don't have a clue on what you're talking about don't say a word. That way you won't look foolish. Will a throttle body help on a 2V? Yes. But on a N/A Coyote motor you're just pissing money away.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

OP. get the tuner and o/r h/x pipe. You see about oh.... +45-50whp.

If you have a catback in your current exhaust then it should have 3" x or h pipe so you just need a delete pipe which is I think about $100-125.

That plus the cost of the tuner + tune for life + midpipes = about $425.

If you only have an axle back then an off road h/x pipe is about $260 I think.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Or, and here's an idea, if you don't have a clue on what you're talking about don't say a word. That way you won't look foolish. Will a throttle body help on a 2V? Yes. But on a N/A Coyote motor you're just pissing money away.
Im not saying it wasn't but here's an idea instead of making someone feel bad for something already purchased how bout point out the positives in such instead of making yourself looking childish.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
OP. get the tuner and o/r h/x pipe. You see about oh.... +45-50whp.

If you have a catback in your current exhaust then it should have 3" x or h pipe so you just need a delete pipe which is I think about $100-125.

That plus the cost of the tuner + tune for life + midpipes = about $425.

If you only have an axle back then an off road h/x pipe is about $260 I think.
Did you see his signature?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you see his signature?
I'm using the iPhone app. It doesn't display sigs. Doesn't even show up on anyone's profile. Unless I'm missing something.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm using the iPhone app. It doesn't display sigs. Doesn't even show up on anyone's profile. Unless I'm missing something.
Here is his signature.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes and QTP electric cutouts. Heartthrob H to axle pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle back mufflers. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 transimission scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR lower control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post bracket and short throw shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft
Old 10-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Oh shiit. I was confused with another thread. Sorry

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Lol damn sorry.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh shiit. I was confused with another thread. Sorry

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Lol damn sorry.
Get off the dam phone and onto a computer.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Get off the dam phone and onto a computer.
But but but I can't... Watching Netflix on the laptop while playing an online mmorpg doing menial afk farming tasks while downloading torrents. If I also use it for forums also it might implode!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #21
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Well then that's not an apples to apples comparison now is it?
All of the fastest Coyotes out there are running the stock throttle body. Coincidence? I think not.
If all the fastest stock coyotes switched to a larger TB... Guess what??? They would still be the fastest out there. I think it is crap for someone to tell another they wasted money on a mod. It not what the OP asked. Now if it were your money that bought the mod then it is justified. Just my .02 cents.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
If all the fastest stock coyotes switched to a larger TB... Guess what??? They would still be the fastest out there. I think it is crap for someone to tell another they wasted money on a mod. It not what the OP asked. Now if it were your money that bought the mod then it is justified. Just my .02 cents.
+1
Old 10-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Got the intake and throttle body installed. I also called SCT and they were able to get my firmware update fixed. I guess it just depends on who you talk to. The first person wasn't helpful at all.

All in all, the car feels great! The power band is smooth and the top end was greatly improved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1464225046.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	530.8 KB
ID:	132227  
Old 10-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Grabber,

I think you also may have missed that I mentioned getting a centrifugal supercharger later on. The throttle body will definitely help at that point. I just figured I would go ahead and get it to see how it would work with the boss intake. I have to say, it definitely helps smooth out the power band and keep the engine idling better than it did before.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

OMG... So we're all one big happy family now minus one or two black Sheeps???

Lol damnit. All mustang owners should be all brothers somehow ... Even sisters but based on my experience its best they not sisters. Lol
Old 10-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post
Got the intake and throttle body installed. I also called SCT and they were able to get my firmware update fixed. I guess it just depends on who you talk to. The first person wasn't helpful at all. All in all, the car feels great! The power band is smooth and the top end was greatly improved.
Haha that's awesome!! Me and Dallasstang upgraded to the boss manifold less than 2 weeks ago as well!! I love the way it runs now, feels nice and balanced now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3155526688.png
Views:	101
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	132268  
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

+1
Old 10-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Haha that's awesome!! Me and Dallasstang upgraded to the boss manifold less than 2 weeks ago as well!! I love the way it runs now, feels nice and balanced now
I think I gotta get me a steeda CAI. AirAid is angled down on mine and is causing a crimp in the coupler attaching to the TB.

Air restriction you think? o_O

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Oh I think I said it before but I'll say it again. U got a clean install and a clean engine bay bro
Old 10-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
I think I gotta get me a steeda CAI. AirAid is angled down on mine and is causing a crimp in the coupler attaching to the TB. Air restriction you think? o_O ---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ---------- Oh I think I said it before but I'll say it again. U got a clean install and a clean engine bay bro
Thanks man, the Steeda isn't perfect either and I hate the way it's angled... But I just got the Boss upgrade tube that comes with a new billet MAF tube from them $170 ( I know it sucks but I like the clean look) about to install it this weekend it might involve a little trimming with a dremel to fit in the heat shield
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT