Mods to do for GT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #1

Region: Texas
Mods to do for GT

So far I added an phyton exhaust witch has a really nice sound. I'm aware it doesn't add HP . I'm thinking of adding the Nama SF/3 tuner and a air force intake .Around 300$ for the intake . What do you recommend?
Deandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

I've never understood why people made comments such as "search function" before but after having probably answered this question on 4 or 5 different threads...

Yeah iPhone sucks to type long suggestions.

But... Cold air is almost pointless without further mods. Just doesn't increase any HP on a stock motor. Most of the HP gains u realize is in the tune. But having said that I still love my aftermarket CAI because of the added induction sound of the intake over the stock intake. A drop in k&n filter would probably net you more gains than an open CAI because of the closed casing which does a better job of keeping out the engine heat and its a CAI in stock form.

Save your money if your only after actual speed and HP gains.

Spend your money of your after sound and looks.

And don't believe HP gains on dynos when they do a before and after run. The hood is popped and a fan is blowing over the open intake. That's the best scenario u will ever experience. Under normal conditions ur driving with a closed hood so its sucking up hot air.

Even with the included compartment to "block out" engine heat its not an air tight seal so you will be sucking up engine heat faster than the stock unit.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Oh yeah. Good luck. Have fun. And try not to go broke modding your car like most of us probably have at one point or another in our lives XD
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I'm not familiar with the python exhaust, but if it sounds good to you, then that's all that matters. I got my car from the factory with a 3.73 rear-end gear ratio, and I feel like that is a definite on the mods list, if you don't have them or the 4.10s already.

I'm not sure what your budget is like, but if you're going for cheap horsepower, then a tuner/offroad H or X pipe is going to net you more than a CAI and tuner. You'll definitely feel that difference.
BatmanUriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah. Good luck. Have fun. And try not to go broke modding your car like most of us probably have at one point or another in our lives XD[/QUOTE]

Too late for me haha
2013Coyote5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanUriah View Post
I'm not familiar with the python exhaust, but if it sounds good to you, then that's all that matters. I got my car from the factory with a 3.73 rear-end gear ratio, and I feel like that is a definite on the mods list, if you don't have them or the 4.10s already. I'm not sure what your budget is like, but if you're going for cheap horsepower, then a tuner/offroad H or X pipe is going to net you more than a CAI and tuner. You'll definitely feel that difference.
I'm thinking about buying gears ,from American muscle to speed the acceleration of the car. There like 150$ but the problem is the installation, it said it cost around 200-300 to install.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Shop around. I've heard cheaper as low as $150-200.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

But... You get what you pay for applies to quality of parts as well as service installs
Old 10-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Shop around. I've heard cheaper as low as $150-200.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

But... You get what you pay for applies to quality of parts as well as service installs
$150-200 for a gear install is a steal. Dont forgot cost of the install kit, and new diff fluid.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

$150-200 for a gear install is a steal. Dont forgot cost of the install kit, and new diff fluid.
If his car is still new maybe he doesn't need to get an install kit. But yeah fluids.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Are you an auto? Manual? What is your car going to be used for? Mostly street? Any track? Need more info.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post

If his car is still new maybe he doesn't need to get an install kit. But yeah fluids.
True. But if the car has over 30k miles, personally I would get the install kit and put all new bearings and what not in there. Might as well, while it's all apart
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Are you an auto? Manual? What is your car going to be used for? Mostly street? Any track? Need more info.
daily use driving. I race when I have the Chance , but overall I wanted powerful
Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #12

Region: Kentucky
For the money changing the gears from 3.31 to 3.73 made the biggest bang for the buck.
Ericd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericd122 View Post
For the money changing the gears from 3.31 to 3.73 made the biggest bang for the buck.
Is your car a manual. I have a 2011 gt with 3.31 gears and a manual and I was thinking about getting 3.73 gears but was wondering if 1st gear is to low and if you can really feel a difference. I was also not looking to getting a tune to fix the speedo because its under factory warranty. How is the gas mileage? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #14

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 View Post
Is your car a manual. I have a 2011 gt with 3.31 gears and a manual and I was thinking about getting 3.73 gears but was wondering if 1st gear is to low and if you can really feel a difference. I was also not looking to getting a tune to fix the speedo because its under factory warranty. How is the gas mileage? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
I have a 2013 manual and it made a very noticeable difference in my opinion. 1st gear is still usable. The gas mileage didn't really change that much, not enough to matter. The warranty thing is a big deal to some however right now this is my daily driver and the way I look at it is I'm going to enjoy the car now not after I've racked up thousands of miles on it.
Ericd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have a 2013 manual and it made a very noticeable difference in my opinion. 1st gear is still usable. The gas mileage didn't really change that much, not enough to matter. The warranty thing is a big deal to some however right now this is my daily driver and the way I look at it is I'm going to enjoy the car now not after I've racked up thousands of miles on it.
+100
Exactly. Same philosophy as enjoy life now rather than waiting till you are old and have diabetes and coronary heart disease and cholesterol.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
This engine loves 3.73 gears and the stick. I let it eat at the dragstrip and the best 60s come from actually lowering launch rpm and letting it use some of that first gear, rather than a 5-6K launch. 4500 is the sweet spot. Any lower and it'll bog slightly if you have a real tire out back and higher is unnecessary, as I said.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Thank you
2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT