Bama sf3/x3 worth it? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Yes I believe that. I wa s saying that much from a tune with nothing else done at all is unlikely
Yes sir. Agree with you. Lol. I was just giving the OP some numbers on HP gains they could expect based upon my mods. Lol. I'm not exactly sure how much rwhp and rwtq one would gain with just a tune.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Yall done with the pissing contest? C'mon guys you're both grown a$$ men acting like kids. Lets get on topic please.
How do you know that for fact? Lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #38
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
I'm 18 & 3/4 hahahaha! ---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ---------- I mean I personally like Bama, they've given me good tunes for my 4.0. Granted that tuning a 5.0 is more involved and complex than a 4.0 but still the basic principles apply and I have no complaints about Bama. But I also have never tried another type of tune on my car either so
Technically I turned 18 8 months ago lol, it just feels like not too long ago.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Email tunes like the ones you get from BAMA, Steeda, Lund, MPT ect are all decent tunes. But you are never going to get a "perfect" tune unless the person tuning your specific car has it hooked up to a wide and monitoring and adjusting all the parameters right there.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #39
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Duh didn't I mention that in a round about way!!! Read my post again dude. Damn! I was trying to show you, you can dyno in 4th if your main goal is tuning and not worry so much about the actual HP. Some people do not want the limiter taken off.
Even for running purposes is it should be done at a 1:1 ratio..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Technically I turned 18 8 months ago lol, it just feels like not too long ago.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Email tunes like the ones you get from BAMA, Steeda, Lund, MPT ect are all decent tunes. But you are never going to get a "perfect" tune unless the person tuning your specific car has it hooked up to a wide and monitoring and adjusting all the parameters right there.
For a car that has bolt on mods only, a custom dyno tune you speak of would not be worth the cost. A custom dyno tune is going to give the similar results as the email tunes such as Bama, Steeda, Lund, MPT. Just a few weeks ago a local performance speed shop who specializes in Ford vehicles did a dyno day for my mustang car club. After getting my car dyno with my three different company tunes we spoke about what a custom dyno tune by him could do for my vehicle over my email tunes. The dyno operator told me he could lie and steal my money but him doing a custom dyno tune would provide no more performance HP and torque gains based upon me only having bolt on mods. The operator advised places like bama, Steeda, MPT etc have the tunes down to an exact science with power gains when it comes to non supercharged or turbo charged cars.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Oh my, sorry so many people can't take some internet ribbing. I'll make sure I write your names down so I do not upset you any more. The little ribbing I gave on here has nothing to do with acting like an adult. I hate when people chime in on a post not directed at them and cry like a little child about it. A post meant to be a joke. Some people are just needle butts. So tight their 5.0 can't even pull it out.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Oh my, sorry so many people can't take some internet ribbing. I'll make sure I write your names down so I do not upset you any more. The little ribbing I gave on here has nothing to do with acting like an adult. I hate when people chime in on a post not directed at them and cry like a little child about it. A post meant to be a joke. Some people are just needle butts. So tight their 5.0 can't even pull it out.
I think that it's you just can't handle some d*mn true criticism. You really do act like a spoiled baby whenever someone doesn't agree with you. Such as whether or not AM, or BAMA are good companies, which I think they are. But you blow everything out if proportion if someone says they have had bad experiences with them, or don't think like you do about them. That's sad, and childish.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
I think that it's you just can't handle some d*mn true criticism. You really do act like a spoiled baby whenever someone doesn't agree with you. Such as whether or not AM, or BAMA are good companies, which I think they are. But you blow everything out if proportion if someone says they have had bad experiences with them, or don't think like you do about them. That's sad, and childish.
Well, let's not bicker folks. We all love and are passionate about mustangs. If someone doesn't like bama, that's okay and certainly respect there opinion. There are many great tuning companies out there along with quality tuners. I personally been running bama tunes since my pony had 5,000 miles and now 29k and never any issues with bama tunes. I'm a fan of bama, along with MPT and Steeda. All excellent email tunes and spot on with power.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Well, let's not bicker folks. We all love and are passionate about mustangs. If someone doesn't like bama, that's okay and certainly respect there opinion. There are many great tuning companies out there along with quality tuners. I personally been running bama tunes since my pony had 5,000 miles and now 29k and never any issues with bama tunes. I'm a fan of bama, along with MPT and Steeda. All excellent email tunes and spot on with power.
I agree, we joined this forum because we like mustangs, each person has their own opinion about what they like, and don't.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree, we joined this forum because we like mustangs, each person has their own opinion about what they like, and don't.
Now your talking bro. I think its great for people to share their stories. Great to share their experiences, success and failures with products and companies. If someone has a unpleasant experience then share it. Its all good. I have learned so much from the men and woman on this site its crazy. The knowledge here is amazing and while we may not all agree we can agree on one common thing. We are passionate and our love for mustangs. That's what's its all about.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Quote:
Let me ask you something. Isn't continuing an argument childish? Why are you doing it?

Be the mature person and stop. watch it's done like this...
Old 10-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Really, your the one that needs to be mature, I was done, and now you just started this all over by basically stating I'M the immature one, you really are full of yourself. I bet my nephew is more mature than you, and I know I am a lot more mature than you. You really do know how to piss off people.

Act your age, oh wait, you are...
It's pointless to fight with someone as immature as you.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Let's all feel the love. No need to have verbal arguments and show whose testicles are bigger. Let's talk about how darn sexy are stangs are and how getting a performance tuner transforms it into a stallion. Let's talk about how hot woman love the raw sexy stallion and want us to take them in the pony and show them who the king of the road is.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Let's all feel the love. No need to have verbal arguments and show whose testicles are bigger. Let's talk about how darn sexy are stangs are and how getting a performance tuner transforms it into a stallion. Let's talk about how hot woman love the raw sexy stallion and want us to take them in the pony and show them who the king of the road is.
All that is so true...
Old 10-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #50
Road Trip!

Quote:
I know I have bigger balls... He has a vagina!!! can he take a joke? I doubt it! Because he's still arguing! so childish. i learned to stop guess he did not. i finally grew up. YEAH!!!FYI my 5.0 is damn sexy!

PS growing old is mandatory... Growing up is optional!!! HaHaHa!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know I have bigger balls... He has a vagina!!! can he take a joke? I doubt it! FYI my 5.0 is damn sexy!
Well, due to my testicular cancer I just have one big ball. Lmao. Darn right you got a sexy 5.0. I bet the ladies love that 5.0 or men if your into that thing. Lmao.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know I have bigger balls... He has a vagina!!! can he take a joke? I doubt it! Because he's still arguing! so childish. i learned to stop guess he did not. i finally grew up. YEAH!!!FYI my 5.0 is damn sexy! PS growing old is mandatory... Growing up is optional!!! HaHaHa!!!
I'm not gonna argue with someone as childish as you. Heck you may be a girl, cause you act like one whenever your in an argument. For the record, I am never good at taking joked, but seriously STFU.
It's apparent that you haven't learned to stop, because now you are carrying on the argument.

Watch, so you really know how to stop arguing and grow up, it's done like this..
Old 10-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #53
Road Trip!

Quote:

Well, due to my testicular cancer I just have one big ball. Lmao. Darn right you got a sexy 5.0. I bet the ladies love that 5.0 or men if your into that thing. Lmao.
Yeah it gets a lot of looks from the ladies and from dudes too. But i'll keep my sexual orientation to myself. Well, that's what my wife tells me to do.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah it gets a lot of looks from the ladies and from dudes too. But i'll keep my sexual orientation to myself. Well, that's what my wife tells me to do.
Lmao. Good advise from the wife. Lol!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #55
Road Trip!

Quote:
I'm not gonna argue with someone as childish as you. Heck you may be a girl, cause you act like one whenever your in an argument. For the record, I am never good at taking joked, but seriously STFU.
It's apparent that you haven't learned to stop, because now you are carrying on the argument.

Watch, so you really know how to stop arguing and grow up, it's done like this..
Dude my last two post were making lite of the arguing not continuing it. Take a note out of Kona's book. He get's it. As for calling me a girl because you say I act like one. You may have just pissed off some girls/women on here. How do girls act different from men. You keep saying I'm immature and childish. So you are saying girls are as well. Oh man dig a grave. Nice one bro. I doubt the girls want to be thrown in a category with me. LOL

I'm changing my signature to...

Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Do not listen to rapinator126 he blames bama for messing up his car when he switch between 3 different tunes before his car messed up
03Graymach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Graymach View Post
Do not listen to rapinator126 he blames bama for messing up his car when he switch between 3 different tunes before his car messed up
Interesting, so what other tunes did he have?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Interesting, so what other tunes did he have?
bama, brenspeed and Lund he said he put a email tune the drove it off the lot ran all 3 and at 1000 miles he burnt up his valves
Old 10-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #59
Road Trip!

Quote:
bama, brenspeed and Lund he said he put a email tune the drove it off the lot ran all 3 and at 1000 miles he burnt up his valves
No wonder he had problems. Bama was probably the last tune he put in so he blames them. When in fact it was his own fault for tuning right off the lot. I'm sure after installing each tune he did not take it easy want to see which tune was better. Should have gave the valves and rings time to seat properly before hammering the hell out of it.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Then if he ran all three, how can did he pinpoint the bama tune was the cause of his burnt valves. What causes valves to burn? What in a tune causes that?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No wonder he had problems. Bama was probably the last tune he put on so he blames them. When in fact it was his own fault for tuning right off the lot.
Yeah he did not break it in like you should
Old 10-15-2013, 09:33 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you don't have the money to fix it dont play with it. Thats what I was always told. I had one thing in mind when I bought my 5.0, and engine longevity was not it.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Quote:

No wonder he had problems. Bama was probably the last tune he put on so he blames them. When in fact it was his own fault for tuning right off the lot.
was not literally tuned right off the lot lol.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:37 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you don't have the money to fix it dont play with it. Thats what I was always told. I had one thing in mind when I bought my 5.0, and engine longevity was not it.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Just curious , how did the bama tune burn your valve? If you were running all three tunes, how did you pinpoint bama is the tune that caused the issue. How do you know it was any of the tunes that caused the issue and not a defect from the factory. What causes a valve to be burnt? Are you talking about your #8 cylinder or something else?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #64
Road Trip!

Quote:

Tuned in less than a 1000 miles is damn close to off the lot. that is not enough time for all the internals to handle a tune and thrashing of the throttle and Bama is to blame? Bwahahaha! I think to operator of the flash tuner is the culprit.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you don't have the money to fix it dont play with it. Thats what I was always told. I had one thing in mind when I bought my 5.0, and engine longevity was not it. ---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ---------- was not literally tuned right off the lot lol.
I agree I have the motor out of my mach right now to rebuild it for a super charger but that's not a reason to blame something you have no clue about that caused something going wrong I'm your motor
Old 10-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And Bama is to blame? Bwahahaha!
Lol. Perhaps they are but what makes the OP believe it was bama when he was running two other tunes? What causes the valve to be burnt?
Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just curious , how did the bama tune burn your valve? If you were running all three tunes, how did you pinpoint bama is the tune that caused the issue. How do you know it was any of the tunes that caused the issue and not a defect from the factory. What causes a valve to be burnt? Are you talking about your #8 cylinder or something else?
No running lean is what causes your valves to burn up. No when I burnt up my valves it had nothing to do with the pistons. I didnt actually blow my motor up till 11,000 miles. More than likely it was my lund tune that burnt them up. I did not like my bama tunes bc they sent me about 6 revisions and they all ran like crap.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol that'd be so hardcore. You don't test drive the car just buy it. Sign the paper work. And as the salesperson stands there watching you get ready to pull out of the dealership you instead pull out your SCT and tune the sucker right there with just 7 miles in the odometer.

And as the SCT is downloading the tune, you pop the hood install the CAI, then check the tuner see its at 33% so you then jack up the car and install your catdelete catback exhaust.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No running lean is what causes your valves to burn up. No when I burnt up my valves it had nothing to do with the pistons. I didnt actually blow my motor up till 11,000 miles. More than likely it was my lund tune that burnt them up. I did not like my bama tunes bc they sent me about 6 revisions and they all ran like crap.
So Lund is what you say blow your engine but your still on there d*ck?

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Lol that'd be so hardcore. You don't test drive the car just buy it. Sign the paper work. And as the salesperson stands there watching you get ready to pull out of the dealership you instead pull out your SCT and tune the sucker right there with just 7 miles in the odometer. And as the SCT is downloading the tune, you pop the hood install the CAI, then check the tuner see its at 33% so you then jack up the car and install your catdelete catback exhaust.
The look on the sales persons face would be priceless
Old 10-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So Lund is what you say blow your engine but your still on there d*ck?
Im not on anyones. Is my car tuned my lund no. Bama no. Brenspeed no.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT