Bama sf3/x3 worth it? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Registered User
Newbie
 
Deandas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Frisco
Region: Texas
Posts: 11
Bama sf3/x3 worth it?

It's gives you 31+hp
30ft+ torque
I also want to download the tune to turn off the governor . Does anyone recommend it? I have the pypes pype bomb axle back exhaust, that's about it
Deandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
I wouldn't recommend it until you figure out why you get 11.5mpg. There might be something wrong with your car you might want to figure out first. Fuel leak under acceleration?
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandas View Post
It's gives you 31+hp
30ft+ torque
I also want to download the tune to turn off the governor . Does anyone recommend it? I have the pypes pype bomb axle back exhaust, that's about it
Just bc they say you will gain 30hp/tq. Does not mean you will. As a matter of fact you won't.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
Registered User
Newbie
 
Deandas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Frisco
Region: Texas
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
I wouldn't recommend it until you figure out why you get 11.5mpg. There might be something wrong with your car you might want to figure out first. Fuel leak under acceleration?
it's because of my driving. I speed everywhere, I got it up to 13.2
Deandas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandas View Post
it's because of my driving. I speed everywhere, I got it up to 13.2
Then for damn sure I wouldn't recommend it. You drive too fast already lol.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Oh and yeah it does add HP. Rapernator just doesn't consider the measly 30 actual gains. He's got a fully built motor and does like a 1.5 million shot nitrous and puts out enough HP to make Superman feel Viagra inadequate.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Oh and yeah it does add HP. Rapernator just doesn't consider the measly 30 actual gains. He's got a fully built motor and does like a 1.5 million shot nitrous and puts out enough HP to make Superman feel Viagra inadequate.
Never said it didnt add hp. But you are not going to get nowhere near 30hp with just a tune
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Griswald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Jonestown, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 20
Talk to Brenspeed and see what they tell you about a CIA and their tune.
__________________
'14 Track Pack w/ Brembo pkg. Magnaflow axle backs, Steeda CAI w/ Brenspeed tune, MGW
Griswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandas View Post
It's gives you 31+hp
30ft+ torque
I also want to download the tune to turn off the governor . Does anyone recommend it? I have the pypes pype bomb axle back exhaust, that's about it
Buy that tuner through Steeda. Same price and same tunes for life program but steeda tunes are way better
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #10
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Oh and yeah it does add HP. Rapernator just doesn't consider the measly 30 actual gains. He's got a fully built motor and does like a 1.5 million shot nitrous and puts out enough HP to make Superman feel Viagra inadequate.
Lmao! Play nice buddy. The superman Viagra is classic.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
jayman33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 515
Go with a business that bases their company off tuning, VMP, Lund, AED, Lito are some good companies to start with. I wouldn't let some of these companies tune my daughters power wheels, let alone depend on them to keep my car running. Two of the companies already listed in this thread have blown N/A cars which is scary. Lund has blown an engine, but when you're pushing 900+hp or 650+hp on a stock block its going to happen.
__________________
A boss.....
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Go with a business that bases their company off tuning, VMP, Lund, AED, Lito are some good companies to start with. I wouldn't let some of these companies tune my daughters power wheels, let alone depend on them to keep my car running. Two of the companies already listed in this thread have blown N/A cars which is scary. Lund has blown an engine, but when you're pushing 900+hp or 650+hp on a stock block its going to happen.
Stock cars are blowing up. Bama has more blown motors then alot of people think also. Its part of it. The pistons in thw 5.0 are junk. That is mainly what is happening. The ring glands are really weak.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
How is simply putting in an email(custom tune) gona blow up a 5.0s pistons??
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Skulls98GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Little Falls
Region: Minnesota
Posts: 456
If you are really going to build your motor, then I highly recommend getting one. If the only thing you plan on doing is CAI and exhaust... I would save your money, and not risk voiding your warrantee.

Your already pumping out numbers way higher than us guys with older cars that have emptied their bank accounts to squeeze ever bit of hp out of our cars. They do not give you 30hp on a stock motor. They can get you 30 more hp after doing so serious work to your motor.

The best way to get HP without seriously turning some wrenches is to get a tune from a good speed shop where they will put your car on the Dyno and then write a tune using your baseline numbers. You will still want your handheld for this. That way you can store you factory tune in case you ever need/want it.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
How is simply putting in an email(custom tune) gona blow up a 5.0s pistons??
Same reason why some programs you installed on your computer in the past have locked your computer down. Memory leaks, incompatibility issues, etc...

But what others are saying is the piston seals are weak or some are prone to fail. Not necessarily the tune "blowing up a piston" which is not technically correct. But yeah a tune controls timing and fuel. You get bad mix and BOOM bye bye motor.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #16
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandas View Post
It's gives you 31+hp
30ft+ torque
I also want to download the tune to turn off the governor . Does anyone recommend it? I have the pypes pype bomb axle back exhaust, that's about it
I highly recommend a custom tune for your Mustang! The 31+ HP and 30+ RWTQ gains are absolutely legit. We've seen this on multiple different 5.0L Mustangs in house and hundreds of 2011+ GT's we've tuned! Mine being one of them so I have personal experience, my car picked up just over 30 RWHP and just under 30 RWTQ with just a Bama custom tune. On top of that, I noticed huge gains in acceleration, drive ability, gas mileage, throttle response and much more!

I wouldn't be worried about hurting your motor. We write our tunes safe and conservative so that we don't put your Mustang in harms way. Ford left a ton of the table when building this car so we can pull out a lot of power and torque, while still being extremely safe. On top of that, we can datalog with you to insure that everything is dialed in safely for you!

I hope this helps. Hit me up if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! You can also give the Bama team a call if you'd like and speak to a tuning expert. You can reach them at the contact information below in my signature!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:50 PM   #17
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deandas View Post
It's gives you 31+hp
30ft+ torque
I also want to download the tune to turn off the governor . Does anyone recommend it? I have the pypes pype bomb axle back exhaust, that's about it
No need unless you plan on going faster than 146mph in the quarter mile or drive like a complete idiot and do 146mph+ on the road. But if you live in Germany, then heck yeah remove it.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

No need unless you plan on going faster than 146mph in the quarter mile or drive like a complete idiot and do 146mph+ on the road. But if you live in Germany, then heck yeah remove it.
Yes bc depending on your gears and what your redline is set at. On a dyno in 5th you will hit it
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #19
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Yes bc depending on your gears and what your redline is set at. On a dyno in 5th you will hit it
You do not need to take the speed limiter off to run on a dyno. You can dyno in 4th. If all you care about is the HP your car is putting down. Then yeah by all means run 5th. But you can still run 4th and still dyno tune it with no problems. The difference in HP readings between 4th and 5th gears are minimal at most when your talking about 400rwhp.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

You do not need to take the speed limiter off to run on a dyno. You can dyno in 4th. If all you care about is the HP your car is putting down. Then yeah by all means run 5th. But you can still run 4th and still dyno tune it with no problems. The difference in HP readings between 4th and 5th gears are minimal at most when your talking about 400rwhp.
Anything other that 1.1 will give you a miss read reading
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #21
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Stock cars are blowing up. Bama has more blown motors then alot of people think also. Its part of it. The pistons in thw 5.0 are junk. That is mainly what is happening. The ring glands are really weak.
I call BS... If your going to claim Bama tunes have blown up more motors than anyone else. I want proof!

Don't listen to Rapinator I have followed many threads about Bama tuning and he always bashes them. ALWAYS!!!

Rapinator read Dan's post. All you do is talk. Do you have a Dyno in your garage? Do you write tunes? As far as I can see you know nothing about tuning other than someone else has set up your ride for you. If you do then I apologize. Also if you do tuning and you make money at it. Then I can understand the Bama bashing.

You will never see me bash Bama, Steada, my local tuning shop Snyapse or any one. Just makes you look like an A$$.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #22
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
You do not need to take the speed limiter off to run on a dyno. You can dyno in 4th. If all you care about is the HP your car is putting down. Then yeah by all means run 5th. But you can still run 4th and still dyno tune it with no problems. The difference in HP readings between 4th and 5th gears are minimal at most when your talking about 400rwhp.
The 5.0 needs to be run on the dyno in 5th, that gear is the closest to a 1:1 ratio.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #23
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Anything other that 1.1 will give you a miss read reading
Duh didn't I mention that in a round about way!!! Read my post again dude. Damn! I was trying to show you, you can dyno in 4th if your main goal is tuning and not worry so much about the actual HP. Some people do not want the limiter taken off.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Duh didn't I mention that in a round about way!!! Read my post again dude. Damn! I was trying to show you, you can dyno in 4th if your main goal is tuning and not worry so much about the actual HP. Some people do not want the limiter taken off.
And you are using exclamations everywhere because?

So much arguing and butt hurt in this forum lately. It's getting ****ing annoying.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #25
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
And you are using exclamations everywhere because?

So much arguing and butt hurt in this forum lately. It's getting ****ing annoying.
Boo Hoo!!!! Then leave!!! !!! !!! !!! You like that!!! Here is more!!!

FYI exclamations get the point across better. Hence it got you to reply on more than one occasion. You should use them more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right I'm just being a dick about it now!!!!!!!!

I apologize. I'm done!!! LOL lighten up!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Charlie_santos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 3,824
Yall done with the pissing contest? C'mon guys you're both grown a$$ men acting like kids. Lets get on topic please.
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #27
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post
Yall done with the pissing contest? C'mon guys you're both grown a$$ men acting like kids. Lets get on topic please.
Ok sorry Mom!!!

Please don't ground me i need the 5.0 this werkend.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Ok sorry Mom!!! Please don't ground me i need the 5.0 this werkend.
Rally dude, your acting like a dang AM, BAMA fanboy! Grow up. How about acting like an adult, which is obviously new to you whenever someone doesn't agree with you.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

I call BS... If your going to claim Bama tunes have blown up more motors than anyone else. I want proof!

Don't listen to Rapinator I have followed many threads about Bama tuning and he always bashes them. ALWAYS!!!

Rapinator read Dan's post. All you do is talk. Do you have a Dyno in your garage? Do you write tunes? As far as I can see you know nothing about tuning other than someone else has set up your ride for you. If you do then I apologize. Also if you do tuning and you make money at it. Then I can understand the Bama bashing.

You will never see me bash Bama, Steada, my local tuning shop Snyapse or any one. Just makes you look like an A$$.
Dont listen to me if you dont want to. It will not hurt my feelings one bit. For you to get all upset shows your ignorance though. Yes I am not a fan of bama you are correct
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Boo Hoo!!!! Then leave!!! !!! !!! !!! You like that!!! Here is more!!! FYI exclamations get the point across better. Hence it got you to reply on more than one occasion. You should use them more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right I'm just being a dick about it now!!!!!!!! I apologize. I'm done!!! LOL lighten up!!!
Your profile description says you are a father and a husband..... Sure aren't acting like an adult. Sad that the guy who just turned 18 is acting more mature than you.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Your profile description says you are a father and a husband..... Sure aren't acting like an adult. Sad that the guy who just turned 18 is acting more mature than you.
not just the 18 year old, but also the 17 year old, heck, most people...
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:38 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
not just the 18 year old, but also the 17 year old, heck, most people...
I'm 18 & 3/4 hahahaha!

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I mean I personally like Bama, they've given me good tunes for my 4.0. Granted that tuning a 5.0 is more involved and complex than a 4.0 but still the basic principles apply and I have no complaints about Bama. But I also have never tried another type of tune on my car either so
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Never said it didnt add hp. But you are not going to get nowhere near 30hp with just a tune
I gained 40 wrhp from having a tune, CAI , long tube headers and off road mid pipe. This is on my 11 V6. I can't say for sure how much wrhp just a tune would bring but wanted to give you an idea. This 40 rwhp is based upon what a base 3.7 auto dyno's at (257 hp) and what my car dyno at.



Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-28-15-41-29-1.png
Views:	213
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	132520
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

I gained 37 wrhp from having a tune, CAI , long tube headers and off road mid pipe. This is on my 11 V6. I can't say for sure how much wrhp just a tune would bring but wanted to give you an idea. This 37 rwhp is based upon what a base 3.7 auto dyno's at (260 hp) and what my car dyno at.
Yes I believe that. I wa s saying that much from a tune with nothing else done at all is unlikely
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Yeah I gained 42rwhp with a tune, cai, shorties, and catback exhaust, and ignition upgrades. But idk with the tune alone
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:57 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.