Boss mani on auto gt - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post

So we have to go with how you FEEL, and not what you KNOW. Unless you did a back-to-back dyno before/after we're stuck with your butt meter.
How it feels is enough for 99.9% of the people on here.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
That feeling is your mind trying to justify the purchase XD
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
That feeling is your mind trying to justify the purchase XD
Very well put. The problem is no one ever claims they've made a mistake. Take SELENE for example. He "claims" his car isn't sluggish with the Boss intake and stock converter and stock gears but there are many that feel the stock intake feels sluggish with the stock converter/gears. And has nothing to back it up but the "butt-o-meter".
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Very well put. The problem is no one ever claims they've made a mistake. Take SELENE for example. He "claims" his car isn't sluggish with the Boss intake and stock converter and stock gears but there are many that feel the stock intake feels sluggish with the stock converter/gears. And has nothing to back it up but the "butt-o-meter".
Really? Ok, lets say you're right and I lost a little HP and TQ by installing it. I cannot feel a loss and feel I gained. You wrote, "Your car will be a slug with the stock converter and a Boss Intake." That comment is an opinion, as is mine - Can you back that up? The car is not a slug. I push the pedal and she moves. Since installing the intake, to me it seems to pull harder on the top end. End of story.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SELENE View Post
Really? Ok, lets say you're right and I lost a little HP and TQ by installing it. I cannot feel a loss and feel I gained. You wrote, "Your car will be a slug with the stock converter and a Boss Intake." That comment is an opinion, as is mine - Can you back that up? The car is not a slug. I push the pedal and she moves. Since installing the intake, to me it seems to pull harder on the top end. End of story.
Do I believe you? Maybe, maybe not. But I'd be really interested in hearing from you on some real world results. Any track times before and after? The trap speed would show me something. I'd love to hear about those results. I don't wish to argue about it. Please educate me.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Do I believe you? Maybe, maybe not. But I'd be really interested in hearing from you on some real world results. Any track times before and after? The trap speed would show me something. I'd love to hear about those results. I don't wish to argue about it. Please educate me.
Not everyone obsesses over track times and trap speed.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:21 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Not everyone obsesses over track times and trap speed.
What's the point of adding performance parts and not caring about the performance of the parts?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
What's the point of adding performance parts and not caring about the performance of the parts?
It's also a showpiece...
Old 11-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's also a showpiece...
But that has nothing to do with THIS thread. This is a tech question in a tech tread not hey does this look good lol
Old 11-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #45
Road Trip!

Quote:

Whats the point of adding performance parts when you arent a professional race car driver. Do you need to get groceries faster?

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

; )
Old 11-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Whats the point of adding performance parts when you arent a professional race car driver. Do you need to get groceries faster?

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

; )
If that's the case, why'd you buy a mustang to get groceries in? Does an intake, tune, boss Mani, etc. help your grocery getting abilities?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Quote:

If that's the case, why'd you buy a mustang to get groceries in? Does an intake, tune, boss Mani, etc. help your grocery getting abilities?
Thats what you need to answer. My Mustang isnt a daily driver. I like how tried to use my joke though. How many bags fit in your trunk?
Old 11-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Ya know, talkin about grocery getters, 4th gen Camaros can haul a ton of groceries. I fit over $400 worth in it one time!
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #49
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
for the fun factor!!

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Never been to a track and I don't know what it'll do but I mod to have lots more fun in my own car.

Also you guys have had your car for a while and I know you guys tell when u add a mod you know exactly where it helped you by how it feels. You don't need track times to know you lost some down low or gained some up top.

You do to know EXACTLY how much but for the most part you can feel it.

An example of this NOT working is if you lost 2lb/ft of torque. Who in the hell can feel that? NOBODY
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:22 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
for the fun factor!!

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Never been to a track and I don't know what it'll do but I mod to have lots more fun in my own car.

Also you guys have had your car for a while and I know you guys tell when u add a mod you know exactly where it helped you by how it feels. You don't need track times to know you lost some down low or gained some up top.

An example of this NOT working is if you lost 2lb/ft of torque. Who in the hell can feel that? NOBODY
People with extremely sensitive butt dynos can........... Lol
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
for the fun factor!!

You aren't understanding me. Performance doesn't mean track times or dyno #s. Yes those gauge your gains but that isn't "performance".

You add performance parts for added acceleration, speed, traction, cornering abilities. Whether that be on the street or on the track.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
for the fun factor!!

And performance indirectly translates to fun factor. I seriously doubt anyone in a right frame of mind would find more enjoyment in making their car run slower, turn worse, and/or look worse all the while having worse aerodynamics.

So yes the better the performance the more fun you will have unless of course your idea of a mod are neon undercarriage lights which means your car may very well explode into a fiery blaze.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #53
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
So yes the better the performance the more fun you will have unless of course your idea of a mod are neon undercarriage lights which means your car may very well explode into a fiery blaze.
Yes !!

P.s. Bahahahaha at the last part lol
Old 11-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like Grabber is saying is that the mind is a powerful thing and if you're convinced that doing a certain thing will make your car faster, you will feel like it is faster. However the reality can be quite different. So without taking the steps like going to the track and comparing time slips or having before and after dyno runs, you really don't know for sure if you made any progress. Believe me, as a 16 year old in the 80's, I was convinced that putting some generic octane boost in my moms T-bird super coupe was actually making it a lot faster. It felt faster but reality and common sense says it wasn't.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedes View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like Grabber is saying is that the mind is a powerful thing and if you're convinced that doing a certain thing will make your car faster, you will feel like it is faster. However the reality can be quite different. So without taking the steps like going to the track and comparing time slips or having before and after dyno runs, you really don't know for sure if you made any progress. Believe me, as a 16 year old in the 80's, I was convinced that putting some generic octane boost in my moms T-bird super coupe was actually making it a lot faster. It felt faster but reality and common sense says it wasn't.
Agreed. All jokes aside the only way is actual numbers a but then again dyno numbers on different days and different dynos result in different numbers.

As well as track results from different days, time of day, temperature, humidity, etc.

Damn Texas weather lately is 48-52 in the morning and almost 80 in the afternoons. Rained for 3 and a half days straight and by the fourth day was dry like nothing happened.

So normal bolt on parts almost will be less noticeable overall than installing nitrous or FI.

But logic does dictate that based on certain mods you can be relatively certain that there's a power gain (octane booster aside and the BS Turbinator or whatever its called).

To some people who don't wanna plop down money for dyno runs every other or few mods or don't want to run their cars 90 miles to the closest track, its fine as long as they enjoy their rides.

Lets not deter them from enjoying their cars unless they do something stoopid like 300 shot nitrous on a stock block, turbocharge on a stock injectors, or run three leveled rear bench seat style wings and neons of course.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:28 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

I like my neons and bench seat spoiler :p
Old 11-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #57
Road Trip!

Quote:
Agreed. All jokes aside the only way is actual numbers a but then again dyno numbers on different days and different dynos result in different numbers. As well as track results from different days, time of day, temperature, humidity, etc. Damn Texas weather lately is 48-52 in the morning and almost 80 in the afternoons. Rained for 3 and a half days straight and by the fourth day was dry like nothing happened. So normal bolt on parts almost will be less noticeable overall than installing nitrous or FI. But logic does dictate that based on certain mods you can be relatively certain that there's a power gain (octane booster aside and the BS Turbinator or whatever its called). To some people who don't wanna plop down money for dyno runs every other or few mods or don't want to run their cars 90 miles to the closest track, its fine as long as they enjoy their rides. Lets not deter them from enjoying their cars unless they do something stoopid like 300 shot nitrous on a stock block, turbocharge on a stock injectors, or run three leveled rear bench seat style wings and neons of course.
agree to all of this lol
Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

I love you guys
Old 11-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like my neons and bench seat spoiler :p
DOH!!! We are too late with B on B... We have lost him. Soon he will implant a Civic 4 banger into his Stang

.:face palm:.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

DOH!!! We are too late with B on B... We have lost him. Soon he will implant a Civic 4 banger into his Stang

.:face palm:.
VTEC yo ! I'm putting JDM in my boss son!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

LMAO XD
Old 11-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
wasnt your tranny made in China?? Lol
Old 11-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And don't forget the conversion to a front drive!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
wasnt your tranny made in China?? Lol
Yup I gotta get one of those dolls to hang from my tow hook

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Quote:

And don't forget the conversion to a front drive!!!
Of course!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And performance indirectly translates to fun factor. I seriously doubt anyone in a right frame of mind would find more enjoyment in making their car run slower, turn worse, and/or look worse all the while having worse aerodynamics. So yes the better the performance the more fun you will have unless of course your idea of a mod are neon undercarriage lights which means your car may very well explode into a fiery blaze.
I know I'm late...
But your argument is invalid...
Have you never seen a ricer drive around?
Old 11-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know I'm late...
But your argument is invalid...
Have you never seen a ricer drive around?
I quote myself: "I seriously doubt anyone in a right frame of mind would find more enjoyment in making their car run slower, turn worse, and/or look worse all the while having worse aerodynamics"

Ricers with airplane wings and decals of sushi and rolls aren't in the right frame of mind. Nor are those who roll around in 24" rims and rubber band tires of the right frame of mind.

So my argument still stands valid. Lol
Old 11-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:

I quote myself: "I seriously doubt anyone in a right frame of mind would find more enjoyment in making their car run slower, turn worse, and/or look worse all the while having worse aerodynamics"

Ricers with airplane wings and decals of sushi and rolls aren't in the right frame of mind. Nor are those who roll around in 24" rims and rubber band tires of the right frame of mind.

So my argument still stands valid. Lol
Roflmao
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

I have read so much negativity and heard so much about the Boss manifold and especially with the 90mm TB that I had and wondered if they were going to be a waste. After installing everything and getting a good tune loaded, I was more than impressed and it was WELL worth it. We have a manual, but I am sure even in an auto, with the right tune, it will fly.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I quote myself: "I seriously doubt anyone in a right frame of mind would find more enjoyment in making their car run slower, turn worse, and/or look worse all the while having worse aerodynamics" Ricers with airplane wings and decals of sushi and rolls aren't in the right frame of mind. Nor are those who roll around in 24" rims and rubber band tires of the right frame of mind. So my argument still stands valid. Lol
Lol I guess you're right.
They probably don't think they're crazy tho.
But that's a sign of being crazy..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT