Boss mani on auto gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Boss mani on auto gt

Thinking about getting a boss mani for my auto 13 gt but I haven't seen any on an auto. Can anyone with an auto give me some info about it, like if I should get it or not and the difference in power?
Mustang32Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Your car will be a slug with the stock converter and a Boss Intake.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
This is the first I've heard of this. So a tune won't help the slug move??
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Why? Doesn't make sense to me :/
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
The tune will shift the power band a little. The boss mani is neant to make hp in high rpm. So the tune will take some low end power and move it to higher rpm. If your not revving to 7k consistently its not worth it.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
The tune will shift the power band a little. The boss mani is neant to make hp in high rpm. So the tune will take some low end power and move it to higher rpm. If your not revving to 7k consistently its not worth it.
Thats a good point, its easy with a manual to keep your rpms up and I could see why it might be slower with an auto, but then again 4.10's would probaly solve that issue, I know I lost some low end with the boss intake but I made up for it with gears and alum. ds and flywheel
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
This is the first I've heard of this. So a tune won't help the slug move??
A tune will help but in this case would be just a band aid. With how heavy these cars are especially the autos and how the Boss intake needs to be spun to see the gains it's a losing situation on the auto. You need either gears or a converter but I never suggest gears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Why? Doesn't make sense to me :/
Sarcasm?
Quote:
More like 7600. I spin my stock intake to 7300 now.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang32Bill View Post
Thinking about getting a boss mani for my auto 13 gt but I haven't seen any on an auto. Can anyone with an auto give me some info about it, like if I should get it or not and the difference in power?
I would definitely go with the Boss Manifold! This is one of my favorite mods I did to my 2011 GT. It definitely shifts the power band so I did notice a very small loss in low end torque, but the top end performance definitely makes the small torque loss worth it. There's something about revving a 5.0L V8 to 7,600 RPM that gets me all excited, every single time!

I've also driven our AUTO 2011 GT project car and noticed the same thing. The torque loss was very small and the top end is amazing. With a good tune, you won't have any issues!

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions about my personal experience with this item!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A tune will help but in this case would be just a band aid. With how heavy these cars are especially the autos and how the Boss intake needs to be spun to see the gains it's a losing situation on the auto. You need either gears or a converter but I never suggest gears.

Sarcasm?

More like 7600. I spin my stock intake to 7300 now.
I have to ask why you dont recommend gears? In the auto or in general? I have 4.10's and its the best mod ive done, by far the best mod....
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
Old 10-25-2013, 05:03 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
I have to ask why you dont recommend gears? In the auto or in general? I have 4.10's and its the best mod ive done, by far the best mod....
In both but mostly in the auto. These transmissions have aggressive gears in them unlike previous years so the need for different rear gears isn't what they used to be. Why did you only do 4.10's? Why not 4.88's? There's a reason why no one is dropping 4.10's in the cars with manuals other than you.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

well I guess its because I wanted them , its funny ive smoked every car ive raced ( on the track ofcourse) and your telling me 4.10's are stupid? ive driven stock auto's and they are slugs, maybe YOU should drive a car with 4.10's before you slam them, I promise you if i line up side by side with an auto that has 3.15's or 3.31's it will get beat, unless its s/c'd I love how people love to comment on things they dont have? commenting on what it says on paper is not real world experiemce? and if i listened to people on here I would have gone crazy buying mods for my car.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
well I guess its because I wanted them , its funny ive smoked every car ive raced ( on the track ofcourse) and your telling me 4.10's are stupid? ive driven stock auto's and they are slugs, maybe YOU should drive a car with 4.10's before you slam them, I promise you if i line up side by side with an auto that has 3.15's or 3.31's it will get beat, unless its s/c'd I love how people love to comment on things they dont have? commenting on what it says on paper is not real world experiemce? and if i listened to people on here I would have gone crazy buying mods for my car.
So true lol :applaud:
Old 10-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

And another thing about gears that scares people is they say you will lose fuel mpg, well the reason for that is because its so dam fun to drive that your always in the gas...! if you drove the speed limit you would get an increase in mpg, again this is not paper talking its real world experience....another myth is you lose top end speed? well again ive had my car up to 160mph on the track ofcourse and had plenty to go, and it didnt take long to get there, again its experience, there is a reason why most cars that like to go fast run a steep gear and these cars are no different, there is a reason why A.M pushes for a steep gear....because they KNOW from driving them that these cars LOVE the gear, to the original OP , get the gear you want, if you listen to everyone that doesnt have gears you will be mislead...!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So when you ask for my opinion and then it goes against what you did you come off like a spoiled kid? Especially when you use the terminology "smoked" and follow that up with poor grammar. Nowhere did I stay they were "stupid". Just not the best choice. And from your mod list you just threw parts on without actually understanding what you were doing. Yes a stock untuned auto will feel slow off the line but with a good tune things change dramatically. Just out of curiosity what are your track times again? I would love to see how your combo does at the track.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I've tried both when n/a...better et with stock manifold, w/ stock gears and tuned. That's taking it out to 7300. I have yet to see "real" gains on auto with boss manifold. IMO, spend that money elsewhere. Listen to grabber some of us actually have real world experience.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #16
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I've seen tons of info on track cars going back to stock intake after testing the boss intake. If I was worried about times I would stick to stock based on what I've seen and read.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16 View Post
I've tried both when n/a...better et with stock manifold, w/ stock gears and tuned. That's taking it out to 7300. I have yet to see "real" gains on auto with boss manifold. IMO, spend that money elsewhere. Listen to grabber some of us actually have real world experience.
I will have to somewhat agree with that. The reason the boss gains from the manifold is BC it's accompanied by the internals needed to spin it to 7500+. The gains are high in the rpms. When I pull on someone it's BC I scream in the higher rpms and they have to shift.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

And I know I'm manual and you guys are talking autos but I think if you did internals to match the auto with a stall and boss intake would be a sick combo. When I do build this one I am going to put a Tremec or a built auto in it depending on what I want to do with it. Tremec for road course or auto for the strip
Old 10-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
And I know I'm manual and you guys are talking autos but I think if you did internals to match the auto with a stall and boss intake would be a sick combo.
Now you're starting to make sense. Some of if not the fastest autos run the Boss Intake. But with the correct matching parts. 3.31 gears, 5C converter, and a 28" tire. But forged internals are not necessary. Plenty of guys shifting at 7700-7800 rpm with stock motors.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Now you're starting to make sense. Some of if not the fastest autos run the Boss Intake. But with the correct matching parts. 3.31 gears, 5C converter, and a 28" tire. But forged internals are not necessary. Plenty of guys shifting at 7700-7800 rpm with stock motors.
But with the internals I can spin mine to 8200-8300 safely
Old 10-26-2013, 04:18 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
But with the internals I can spin mine to 8200-8300 safely
I'd look into OPGs, then you'll have a solid setup. Our ECUs won't allow shifting above 7700.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodga16 View Post

I'd look into OPGs, then you'll have a solid setup. Our ECUs won't allow shifting above 7700.
Yea I've found that out lol
Old 10-27-2013, 03:19 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
There's a reason why no one is dropping 4.10's in the cars with manuals other than you.
You're 100% correct, I bet companies will no longer be selling these gears any longer with only one set sold off the shelf. He's the only person on the planet to buy 4.10's, ever.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:17 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
You're 100% correct, I bet companies will no longer be selling these gears any longer with only one set sold off the shelf. He's the only person on the planet to buy 4.10's, ever.
Pretty dumb statement. Yes 4.10's work in the right application, just not in this one. What gears do you have?
Old 10-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pretty dumb statement.
Ok cool, now that you admit you are wrong, back to scheduled programming...
Old 10-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #25
Road Trip!

You guys need to take some communication classes.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:09 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Ok cool, now that you admit you are wrong, back to scheduled programming...
Yep, I'm wrong.

And you never answered the question, what gears do you have?
Old 10-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
No one cares...it wasn't the ops question everyone has there opinion right or wrong..better or worse. It's your car do what you want. Gear ratio won't make or break the car.
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I think he should put 4:88s or 5:16 gears and a 4800 stall converter. Then he could launch at 5k and tap the rev limiter every .043 seconds after the car shifts and he would always be in the power band
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I think he should put 4:88s or 5:16 gears and a 4800 stall converter. Then he could launch at 5k and tap the rev limiter every .043 seconds after the car shifts and he would always be in the power band
Lol that's a little much...
02GTvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Now we're talking! Don't fear the gear!
Old 10-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:
Now we're talking! Don't fear the gear!
Your the anti gear one. Dont you have 3.15 gears? I think my 10 speed bike has more gear than that.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Your the anti gear one. Dont you have 3.15 gears? I think my 10 speed bike has more gear than that.
First of all it would be "you're" not your.

And I was being sarcastic as was ZLwhat. Funny thing with my 3.15's. I ran a 11.79 yesterday still on the stock converter. So yes they work fine.

Get those stock mufflers off yet or are you still wrestling with them?
Old 10-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Quote:
First of all it would be "you're" not your.

And I was being sarcastic as was ZLwhat. Funny thing with my 3.15's. I ran a 11.79 yesterday still on the stock converter. So yes they work fine.

Get those stock mufflers off yet or are you still wrestling with them?
I want you to re-read your post. After you've read it, explain to me why your correcting anything from the english language. #icantformcompletesentences

Your 3.15's work fine because all you have to do is mash the gas.
Old 11-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang32Bill View Post
I installed the Boss mani two weeks ago on my 2013 GT Auto and it rocks! I personally do not feel I lost any power in the low end, but gained a lot in the top end. Once I hit 4K RPM it pulls so hard! I suggest driving in the Auto's "sport mode" to get the most gains. I highly recommend purchasing/installing it! I am very anxious to get upgrade my gears to 3.73 now...

Quote:
I completely DISAGREE with you! My car in no way is sluggish after upgrading and I am very happy I made the choice to get it.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELENE View Post

I installed the Boss mani two weeks ago on my 2013 GT Auto and it rocks! I personally do not feel I lost any power in the low end,

I completely DISAGREE with you! My car in no way is sluggish after upgrading and I am very happy I made the choice to get it.
So we have to go with how you FEEL, and not what you KNOW. Unless you did a back-to-back dyno before/after we're stuck with your butt meter.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT