How many hours do I need to set aside - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
How many hours do I need to set aside

The list is LOOOOONG when the S197 returns home from school this fall. I am beginning to think it is going to be longer than a weekend now.

The Install List:
Boss Manifold
BBK 90mm TB
Lethal Off Road X
GT500 quad tips
Carbon Fiber Quad Tip rear fascia
Dynotech 1pc DS
Adj LCA's w/relo brackets
Front & Rear Recaro's
Lots of other carbon fiber that will just snap in place

How many man-hours am I looking at realistically. I have air tools, no lift, but ramps. I did remove the OEM drive shaft and installed this one, but the pinion angle was off, so I removed it. The drive shaft will take me 2-2.5 hours not counting the LCA's and relo brackets.

2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
list is LOOOOONG when the S197 returns home from school this fall. I am beginning to think it is going to be longer than a weekend now.

The Install List:
Boss Manifold: 45min
BBK 90mm TB 5min
Lethal Off Road X 45min (60 if top bolt on pass side gives you issues)
GT500 quad tips
Carbon Fiber Quad Tip rear fascia 90 minutes, along with the install of the axle back
Dynotech 1pc DS 60 minutes, pretty easy install
Adj LCA's w/relo brackets 30 minutes
Front & Rear Recaro's 45 minutes

How many man-hours am I looking at realistically. I have air tools, no lift, but ramps. I did remove the OEM drive shaft and installed this one, but the pinion angle was off, so I removed it. The drive shaft will take me 2-2.5 hours not counting the LCA's and relo brackets.

Work front to back, the boss manifold install is very easy. Just make sure you disconnect your fuel plug in the trunk and disconnect your battery.
The driveshaft is a pretty straight forward install, what DS is it?
The rear diffuser, take your time. You'll have to cut and the CF won't be as pliable as the textured plastic so be careful. I'm not too familiar with the upkeep of CF so I would at least put a good coat of wax and protectant before install.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dynotech 1 pc aluminum

The carbon fiber you have to protect pretty good while installing because scratches show, and YES, we wax the hell out of the pieces.

I was planing on manifold first, TB, Off Road X, 3" pipes, rear diffuser, mufflers. The boss interior I got from the wrecked boss is immaculate! Interior will be last, then we will tune and test. Going to give MPT a try for the tunes this time. Got one aggressive race tune, a performance street tune and another performance tune that will be even more streetable. Forgot, got the boss tri-bar grill that will keep the fog lights, but they are blacked out and I am going to put wire mesh in front of them as well.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Awesome build list be sure to post pics of that beast when ur finished maybe been some along the way if u have a chance to take them
Jayday20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
You can get all that done in a weekend with no problems. Front to back, top to bottom, then finish with the interior. Job done. She's gonna be even sweeter. Good luck bro!
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys. I will take some pics during and after. I think we will divide and conquer. I will have my son do the grill & diffuser while I do the motor work. Talking to him over the phone tonight, he of course wants to go backwards saying he thinks the seats first. LOL
Jayman I wish I could get it done on that schedule, but for some reason I know it will take me longer. He will have to leave Stillwater after class at noon, get here to ATX around 8pm. He will need to leave no later than mid afternoon on Sunday, so that gives us all day Saturday and into the night if need be. Will be nice to see how much of a difference all these changes in one shot make.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Thanks guys. I will take some pics during and after. I think we will divide and conquer. I will have my son do the grill & diffuser while I do the motor work. Talking to him over the phone tonight, he of course wants to go backwards saying he thinks the seats first. LOL
Jayman I wish I could get it done on that schedule, but for some reason I know it will take me longer. He will have to leave Stillwater after class at noon, get here to ATX around 8pm. He will need to leave no later than mid afternoon on Sunday, so that gives us all day Saturday and into the night if need be. Will be nice to see how much of a difference all these changes in one shot make.
Deer slayer, if you need an extra pair if ands i'm in North Austin and always willing to.l help.
laxmunkey26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks Lax. I am way southwest (near the Salt Lick) but work north. Always good to know more Mustang owners here.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks Lax. I am way southwest (near the Salt Lick) but work north. Always good to know more Mustang owners here.
You're giving me a Reason to go salt lick and work on car....

Definitely. Seems like there are acc few more Austinites in here.
laxmunkey26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #10

Region: California
Where did you pick up those sweet CF pieces and recaros?
GTCS_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:29 AM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Thanks guys. I will take some pics during and after. I think we will divide and conquer. I will have my son do the grill & diffuser while I do the motor work. Talking to him over the phone tonight, he of course wants to go backwards saying he thinks the seats first. LOL Jayman I wish I could get it done on that schedule, but for some reason I know it will take me longer. He will have to leave Stillwater after class at noon, get here to ATX around 8pm. He will need to leave no later than mid afternoon on Sunday, so that gives us all day Saturday and into the night if need be. Will be nice to see how much of a difference all these changes in one shot make.
If you feel that you might need to drive the car and won't get completely done do all the mechanical work first. The seats can always be done later, but you want everything else to be intact if you have to drive it.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Where did you pick up those sweet CF pieces and recaros?
ALL OVER online for the carbon fiber. I shopped hard and was patient to get the best prices. You could get all of the pieces from Trucarbon, but it would cost a small fortune. I saved a significant amount on each part by being patient, and finding sales, big discounts etc. We found that the carbon fiber is a great pair with the SMG paint. It is subtle enough where it doesn't give it too much of a ricer look. After this, we are done with the CF.
Got a Boss interior from a wrecked Boss. Front & Back seats & floor mats. I had been looking long and wide for recaros when I found these. There is a set on ebay right now, but one of the airbags has deployed so you would need to swap out the airbags you have and have it re-sewn. He is asking a bit much for the pair with that bag like that IMHO. 1500

That is the plan soccer. We will shake it down and test it even prior to doing the drive shaft if we are short on time.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
You didn't by chance get that shift knob did you? Lol I forgot all about it :/ and I really want those mats :'(
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You didn't by chance get that shift knob did you? Lol I forgot all about it :/ and I really want those mats :'(
I didn't end up getting the knob. He still has it though.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Save a weekend and take your time.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
list is LOOOOONG when the S197 returns home from school this fall. I am beginning to think it is going to be longer than a weekend now.

The Install List:
Boss Manifold: 45min
BBK 90mm TB 5min
Lethal Off Road X 45min (60 if top bolt on pass side gives you issues)
GT500 quad tips
Carbon Fiber Quad Tip rear fascia 90 minutes, along with the install of the axle back
Dynotech 1pc DS 60 minutes, pretty easy install
Adj LCA's w/relo brackets 30 minutes
Front & Rear Recaro's 45 minutes

Work front to back, the boss manifold install is very easy. Just make sure you disconnect your fuel plug in the trunk and disconnect your battery.
The rear diffuser, take your time. You'll have to cut and the CF won't be as pliable as the textured plastic so be careful. I'm not too familiar with the upkeep of CF so I would at least put a good coat of wax and protectant before install.

Jayman33,
LOL....The average will be hard pressed to do it in those times. You would but after doing it many times with success you get confidence, as we all do. I am wanting to put a lift in my shop. I probably buy one from a customer who may close up and move. I'd love it. I can be in my Living room now and look to my left thru double doors and see my car. Proper man cave!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT