Is a CAI worth it? I added new parts - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:10 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post
Not any more... Lol!!!
F***! Dude trust me its garbage. Absolute pos. You don't want it.

Haha enjoy man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'll remind everyone again that there's a little factor no one seems to consider when buying these intakes:

More CFM capacity in the intake doesn't mean anything. What matters is what the engine needs in terms of CFM to support its power production. It ain't even as completely simple as that, either, as the fluid dynamics of the intake impact hugely on the engine management's consideration of what's going into the engine and an appropriate afr.

Ford actually reduced the intake pipe size slightly for 2011 plus, and still made 100+ more horses than the 4.6. That should tell you something about the need for a big volume CAI in a naturally aspirated GT.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I'll remind everyone again that there's a little factor no one seems to consider when buying these intakes: More CFM capacity in the intake doesn't mean anything. What matters is what the engine needs in terms of CFM to support its power production. It ain't even as completely simple as that, either, as the fluid dynamics of the intake impact hugely on the engine management's consideration of what's going into the engine and an appropriate afr. Ford actually reduced the intake pipe size slightly for 2011 plus, and still made 100+ more horses than the 4.6. That should tell you something about the need for a big volume CAI in a naturally aspirated GT.
Yeah, but it's cool!!! Lol.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Oh and don't forget....

Cool = 25 RWHP.
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I'll remind everyone again that there's a little factor no one seems to consider when buying these intakes:

More CFM capacity in the intake doesn't mean anything. What matters is what the engine needs in terms of CFM to support its power production. It ain't even as completely simple as that, either, as the fluid dynamics of the intake impact hugely on the engine management's consideration of what's going into the engine and an appropriate afr.

Ford actually reduced the intake pipe size slightly for 2011 plus, and still made 100+ more horses than the 4.6. That should tell you something about the need for a big volume CAI in a naturally aspirated GT.
Exactly, thats why it blows my mind when people think there getting a ton of horsepower out of a bigger throttle body or larger diameter intake. Absolute wastes of money. The tube on my intake is smaller than that of an Airaids, steeda or bbk. Not gonna make a difference when your intake manifold and bore and stroke are exactly the same.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO View Post
Exactly, thats why it blows my mind when people think there getting a ton of horsepower out of a bigger throttle body or larger diameter intake. Absolute wastes of money. The tube on my intake is smaller than that of an Airaids, steeda or bbk. Not gonna make a difference when your intake manifold and bore and stroke are exactly the same.
+1 it is only for looks and sound. But the tune seems to make a difference compared to stock. Am I wrong on this? :/
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO View Post
Not true with the AEM intake. Main reason i went with the AEM intake was that it creates a completely sealed compartment separate from engine bay heat and sucks its air through the factory snorkel hole. My inlet temperatures stay almost exactly as cool as the outside temperature. Only trade off was that the sealed box deadens the throaty roar of the intake quite a bit. Can't really hear it over the exhaust anyways.
Nice, I like that...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Can the same be said for the 2010 mustang CAI? As in not being worth it. I do love the added sound though.
Jshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The tune is the power, full stop, not the cai itself. If you don't change the VE of the engine, you won't gain anything significant. This isn't the 80s anymore.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii
I installed the cat deleted and put the 92 octane race tune in the GT last week. It really woke it up. Feels nasty after 3.5k rpm. I ordered some Lca also. Just need some good rubber now
Old 11-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'll add int othe mix....

What happens when you have a true Ram air hood? (dual Snokel from Cervinis..
CAI vs Factory?
Alerotaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerotaz View Post
What happens when you have a true Ram air hood? (dual Snokel from Cervinis.. CAI vs Factory?
I think with the 11+ ram air and shaker hood setups are mostly cosmetic and u will get no more added benefits... Ford did it correct this time
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

I think with the 11+ ram air and shaker hood setups are mostly cosmetic and u will get no more added benefits... Ford did it correct this time
I agree but the ram air MIGHT be beneficial
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerotaz View Post
What happens when you have a true Ram air hood? (dual Snokel from Cervinis..
CAI vs Factory?
Virtually nothing. Imagine u opening your mouth while on the deck of a high speed motorboat. You are still limited by the capacity of howuch air your lungs can actually breath and the stock CAI will eventually get u sucking ambient air temp anyway so...

Looks only though I guess it will get u to ambient air quick I suppose.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
cai