Sport Mode - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #1

Region: Illinois
Sport Mode

Whats the difference in normal Traction control And Sport mode Traction control???
acidreptar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
It activates only in more extreme circumstances.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Sport mode can come in handy, I went auto X for the 1st time last week and I tried everything on, everything off, and sport mode... Sport mode was good enough for my inexperience and gave the car a good balance in a road course setup
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Sport mode can come in handy, I went auto X for the 1st time last week and I tried everything on, everything off, and sport mode... Sport mode was good enough for my inexperience and gave the car a good balance in a road course setup
oh cool! thanks i didn't notice a difference when i put it on.
acidreptar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	car-humor-funny-traction-control-*****-switch-meme.jpg
Views:	4661
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	134086
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
That is great!!
Jsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Yeah it just scales everything back. If I recall, the owner's manual tells you exactly what effects it has.
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I don't see this option in my car, did the 2013 get this option?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzep View Post
I don't see this option in my car, did the 2013 get this option?
With your foot on the brake pedal, just press the traction control button twice
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I took everything off for a while and got cocky one day...bad experience lol. I put my training wheels back on after that.
Coyote Fever5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote Fever5.0 View Post
I took everything off for a while and got cocky one day...bad experience lol. I put my training wheels back on after that.
What happened?
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
What happened?
I did a 360 unintentionally in traffic lol. Lucky for nothing bad happened to me or the stang.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Floored the gas pedal while shifting to 2nd.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I did a 360 unintentionally in traffic lol. Lucky for nothing bad happened to me or the stang.
Wow... That's lucky no one was hurt. People's reaction must have been crazy, is it on YouTube? Haha,jk.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow... That's lucky no one was hurt. People's reaction must have been crazy, is it on YouTube? Haha,jk.
Yeah good thing I didn't hurt anyone. It was embarrassing to be honest lol. Especially since one guy followed me till I pulled over to make sure I was ok. Lmao
Old 11-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah good thing I didn't hurt anyone. It was embarrassing to be honest lol. Especially since one guy followed me till I pulled over to make sure I was ok. Lmao
wow.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If nothing was hurt, then a 360 is something awesome, since you can play it off like it was on purpose - a 180 on the other hand, not so much.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post
If nothing was hurt, then a 360 is something awesome, since you can play it off like it was on purpose - a 180 on the other hand, not so much.
I can think of a way to pull off a 180, 2 lane street, or lane closest to oncoming, and boom! 180, and your going the other way with traffic!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish View Post
engine died and half the car went up the side walk :/ lol
Old 11-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Oops That's a different story then. Glad nobody was hurt.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
That's exactly why I seldom turn mine off. I'm no professional driver, and these cars are powerful haha.
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJoe8 View Post
That's exactly why I seldom turn mine off. I'm no professional driver, and these cars are powerful haha.
I've always kept mine on full, I've thought about switching to sport, but I think I'll save that for a drag strip.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Man, did not even know there was another option for that. I only have the one traction control button on/off.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whippled5.0 View Post
Man, did not even know there was another option for that. I only have the one traction control button on/off.
you press the button twice to go into sport mode, I'm not sure what once does, hold down the brake and the TCS button for about 5-8 seconds TCS is disabled. It's all in that 1 button.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I noticed that the button pressed once the dash says traction control off.. if the brake and the button was held for a few seconds it says AdvancTrac turned off
2013 FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 FiveO View Post
I noticed that the button pressed once the dash says traction control off.. if the brake and the button was held for a few seconds it says AdvancTrac turned off
That's what I meant. If you press the TC button twice, it will go into sport mode, which basically scales the TC back to only activate in more extreme circumstances
Old 11-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's what I meant. If you press the TC button twice, it will go into sport mode, which basically scales the TC back to only activate in more extreme circumstances
oh ok yea I didn't know that if you press it twice it goes in to sport mode I just try to go off the feel and what the dash said when I pressed it .. I feel like with everything on is for beginners traction control off is for intermediate and everything off you'll unleash the beast and is for advanced users!!!! LOL
2013 FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

These cars have traction control and esc(electronic stability control). Hit button once and tc is off, esc is on. Hold brake and hit button twice is sport mode. Hold brake and hold button for five seconds and everything is off.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
These cars have traction control and esc(electronic stability control). Hit button once and tc is off, esc is on. Hold brake and hit button twice is sport mode. Hold brake and hold button for five seconds and everything is off.
I've forgotten this, what does the ESC do?
Old 11-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Electronic Stability Control (ESC), also referred to as electronic stability program (ESP) or dynamic stability control (DSC), is a computerized technology [1][2] that improves the safety of a vehicle's stability by detecting and reducing loss of traction (skidding).[3] When ESC detects loss of steering control, it automatically applies the brakes to help "steer" the vehicle where the driver intends to go. Braking is automatically applied to wheels individually, such as the outer front wheel to counter oversteer or the inner rear wheel to counter understeer. Some ESC systems also reduce engine power until control is regained. ESC does not improve a vehicle's cornering performance; instead, it helps to minimize the loss of control.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Electronic Stability Control (ESC), also referred to as electronic stability program (ESP) or dynamic stability control (DSC), is a computerized technology [1][2] that improves the safety of a vehicle's stability by detecting and reducing loss of traction (skidding).[3] When ESC detects loss of steering control, it automatically applies the brakes to help "steer" the vehicle where the driver intends to go. Braking is automatically applied to wheels individually, such as the outer front wheel to counter oversteer or the inner rear wheel to counter understeer. Some ESC systems also reduce engine power until control is regained. ESC does not improve a vehicle's cornering performance; instead, it helps to minimize the loss of control.
Thanks, I had that kick in getting out if a gas station... I felt tires spin, slight slip, and loose gravel flew...
Old 11-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
When it applies the brakes "for you" do your brake lights in the back turn on?
Gordito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post

When it applies the brakes "for you" do your brake lights in the back turn on?
I highly%2
Gio_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio_5.0 View Post
I highly%2
what?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #34

Quote:
what?
Lol..i highly doubt it..I don't know my phone when crazy and posted what ever it felt like
Gio_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio_5.0 View Post
Lol..i highly doubt it..I don't know my phone when crazy and posted what ever it felt like
I hate it when that happens... Once my moms went crazy and she sent a message meaning to say cucumbers... It put condoms... And another time, it put ghetto when she didn't say anything remotely close to that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT