Transmission scare. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Was driving in Sport on the highway and shifted back to Drive( I have done it before) and thought I smelt something burning for a second or 2, I had the AC on, so I dismissed it as that, but I'm not sure.

I only have had the GT for 2 months, and have put 1800 miles in it.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
U should be able to switch back and forth no problem... If u have doubts, ask the dealer

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

What u were smelling was probably the cats, when new and going wot it can smell a bit fowl
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
U should be able to switch back and forth no problem... If u have doubts, ask the dealer ---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ---------- What u were smelling was probably the cats, when new and going wot it can smell a bit fowl
ok, I didn't know that about the cats, I think the dealer accidentally kept my drivers manual, so some of my questions I'm sure could be answered in there, I just haven't had time to make the 40 minute drive.

I didn't think it was the transmission, because I had done a lot of research online and switching should be fine, I just wasn't sure because it started smelling right after I switched it back to D.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Or maybe you smelled something from someone else's car in front of you.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
+1
Cranker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
maybe, It would have been crazy timing though, I mainly was worried because it was right after I shifted, so, it may have been, but it seemed like a burning/smoke smell from my transmission, or engine bay, for about a second or 2.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup if you don't have the circulating air button pressed you smell Everything! Last night I had a ricer in front of me and I was smelling smoke, coming out of that obnoxious exhaust lol
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Or maybe you power shifted so hard from sport to drive that you poo'ed a little and it was the Mexican food you had that you smelled.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
Yup if you don't have the circulating air button pressed you smell Everything! Last night I had a ricer in front of me and I was smelling smoke, coming out of that obnoxious exhaust lol
^ that's it, I didn't have recirculating air on

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Or maybe you power shifted so hard from sport to drive that you poo'ed a little and it was the Mexican food you had that you smelled.
The funny thing about this is that I had just eaten Taco Bell... But no, it wasn't that.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
^ that's it, I didn't have recirculating air on

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

The funny thing about this is that I had just eaten Taco Bell... But no, it wasn't that.
Bro happens to me all the time lol
And in a paranoid bastard lol 😀
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
This happened to me as well. Had the same smell after shifting from sport mode too. I took mine to the dealer. They looked over everything and said nothing was wrong. Wouldn't worry too much about it.
Magua10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT