First oil change - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #71
Road Trip!
Region: New York
Originally Posted by MMVEC View Post

Not disagreeing with you. Until the factory actually does begin using full synthetic right out of the box, I say-and this is my opinion-continue using a petrol based oil (semi synthetic or not) for at least the first two changes. Then switch to full synthetic. If the car came with full synthetic from the factory, there would be no need to use petrol based oil at all.
VW starts right out if the box with full synthetics. And they recommend 10,000 intervals on the 2.5 Jetta and 7,500 on the 3.6 Routan. VW first oil changes on these two models are 10,000 and 7,500. That 1,000 mile break in is not needed unless you are super anal.

I'm sure the internals will not fail if you switch to full synthetics after first oil change at any milage. It will not hurt anything on our coyotes. But once you start synthetic. Try and stick with it.

My first oil changed was at 2500 miles and the oil came out a light brown color.

dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #72
Registered Member
Region: Utah
What manufactures uses 'true syn' not made from ground crude oil for factory fill in their motors? Prob no US companies? If a builder in Europe says they use syn oil they have to make it so, in America not so much. Fancy distilled/refined dino crude oil, ie cheaper to make and sell, qualifies in the NWO of America as 'full syn'. Some motor oils definitely are better than others, but gone are the days of non compatibility. Nothing wrong with trying different oils, with in your needed specs, to see what your motor and you like. Drives me nuts to see the term 'fully synthetic' over and miss used...not many syn oils out there that are truly made in a lab, it's all about advertizing and legal misinformation....

ddtmoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT