2012 Evap canister delete, anyone done it? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
2012 Evap canister delete, anyone done it?

Just was wondering if anyone has attempted it yet and their thoughts on it? Ive already done mine and so far its been good, threw a code but I had Bama take care of that..
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

where is this evap canister on the 2013 gt? is it like a charcoal canister?
winkawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Why would you get rid of it ?
yugoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

its under the spare tire, and yes its just a charcoal canister, a line from the tank to vent, and I got rid of it to save weight and get rid of crap and hoses in the engine bay
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

.............i would keep that canister, it would make no advantage removing it. It takes about 100lb reduction to reduces 1/4 mile about a tenth of a second. Plus it also gives your future grandchildren a healthy enviroment to live in. If you want more speed, go with speed mods such as a supercharger or a turbo lol. holy crap i just saw your mod list............
Old 10-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

so basically its ok to delete cats like everyone does and dump pounds of carbons in the air but delete a charcoal canister and im a criminal?? for your info it saves 8 lbs and if you do the math on power to weight ratios 8 lbs is 1 hp and if you think that little canister being gone ruins the ozone then u better stop driving your car because its worse??
Old 10-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

calm your nipples lol, im not accusing anyone or you in that matter. Im just simply stating my opinion, i would personally not delete the canister due to strict emission testing in some state. Really now? 8lb or 1hp....................are you really going to feel that or see that improvement on your timeslip? i can see where your coming from, your a mod freak lol.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

im not a mod freak but I am making my car as fast as possible and yes you can feel the weight loss, ive cut 300lbs off this car and done little to the engine and would walk away from other cars with more hp, 300lbs is about 40 hp and that is why i take every little thing off my car, i drive about 30 miles a week if that, so to me emissions doesnt matter, and no thanks on buying a s/c im staying n/a,
Old 11-01-2013, 05:09 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
LOL at this thread. Evap canister delete? Not too smart.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I would like to know why everything is not smart according to Grabberblue?? are you the all mighty in mustangs? why is it not smart? do you think that these people that put the coyote engines in these older cars have evap systems?? no...they plug lines and run them and it does nothing for performance,
Old 11-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #12
Admin

Supporter
Admin

While you and others may not care about emissions you dump in the air that do these sort of mods to gain weight loss, perhaps the baby you use as your avatar does. Is that your child? A cute one. You should consider the air quality that child will be breathing it its future.

I'm all for tweaking HP/TQ possible. Go with the rear seat, passenger seat, the radio, the console, carpet, glove box door, air bags, seat belts and replace the hood and trunk lid with carbon fiber ones. That way you gain the weight loss needed for your HP/TQ gains, and not air quality that we all share.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #13
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
I farted. Come smell my air quality.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #14
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I farted. Come smell my air quality.
How much weight loss did it provide? How much HP did you gain from that loss?!?
Old 11-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Knowing that Methane weighs 14.3grams per cubic foot, we can take the approximation of methane as an ideal gas and use the equation:

PV=nRTP=pressure = 1atmV= 1 ft^3 = 1 inch^3 *12^3 = 1,728 inches^3 = 1,728 *(2.54^3) cm^3 = 28,316

On average, a person produces about half a liter of methane gas per day, distributed over an average of about fourteen daily farts.
One liter is 0.0353 cubic feet. Dividing that in half gives us 0.01765 cubic feet. So if we multiply 14.3 grams of methane per cubic foot times .01765 cubic feet in half a liter we get 0.252395 grams of methane distributed by the average person in a day.
Now... If we take the fact that there are 0.00220 pounds per gram and use the 0.252395 grams of methane produced a day, we get 0.000555269 pounds of methane lost from your average human each day. So if you use brian64s ratio of 8 pounds removed is equivalent to 1 hp gained. We will discover that if you drive your car all day while farting in it you will gain 0.000069408625 hp just from methane loss out your butt alone.
I hope this helps...
Old 11-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

You guys are something else, I drive maybe 30miles a week and you guys that are talking probably put more crap in the air then I do, I guess nascar and every other hot rod should just stop driving because you ladies think so? If the govt. was really worried about it every state would have emissions laws and they wouldnt allow nascar to dump tons and tons of carbons into the air, get a life you guys, stop living in a dream world, this forum is like talking to ladies, who have no clue, go back and drive your cushy auto's and all the luxuries made for the women and make sure you dont miss Oprah today....good grief...

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
Knowing that Methane weighs 14.3grams per cubic foot, we can take the approximation of methane as an ideal gas and use the equation:

PV=nRTP=pressure = 1atmV= 1 ft^3 = 1 inch^3 *12^3 = 1,728 inches^3 = 1,728 *(2.54^3) cm^3 = 28,316

On average, a person produces about half a liter of methane gas per day, distributed over an average of about fourteen daily farts.
One liter is 0.0353 cubic feet. Dividing that in half gives us 0.01765 cubic feet. So if we multiply 14.3 grams of methane per cubic foot times .01765 cubic feet in half a liter we get 0.252395 grams of methane distributed by the average person in a day.
Now... If we take the fact that there are 0.00220 pounds per gram and use the 0.252395 grams of methane produced a day, we get 0.000555269 pounds of methane lost from your average human each day. So if you use brian64s ratio of 8 pounds removed is equivalent to 1 hp gained. We will discover that if you drive your car all day while farting in it you will gain 0.000069408625 hp just from methane loss out your butt alone.
I hope this helps...
your my hero, let me guess you have no cats on your car??
Old 11-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
You guys are something else, I drive maybe 30miles a week and you guys that are talking probably put more crap in the air then I do, I guess nascar and every other hot rod should just stop driving because you ladies think so? If the govt. was really worried about it every state would have emissions laws and they wouldnt allow nascar to dump tons and tons of carbons into the air, get a life you guys, stop living in a dream world, this forum is like talking to ladies, who have no clue, go back and drive your cushy auto's and all the luxuries made for the women and make sure you dont miss Oprah today....good grief... ---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ---------- your my hero, let me guess you have no cats on your car??
Lol. Thanks man. No cats, I could care less about the environment. I'll be long gone before this earth is uninhabitable. And I don't have kids and the wife and I are both fixed. And no offense, I couldn't care less about other people's children. They're their problem not mine. If people don't want their kids growing up breathing harmful and deadly gases and toxins, send them out in the world with a gas mask on. They sell them on eBay.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

And before I get flamed, I left nitrogen and hydrogen out of my fart per hp calculations because the gains are negligible at best. Combined, approximately a third of the weight of methane passed daily. Not much gain there but something to think about if you're trying to "squeeze" every last hp out of your car.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #19
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Knowing that Methane weighs 14.3grams per cubic foot, we can take the approximation of methane as an ideal gas and use the equation: PV=nRTP=pressure = 1atmV= 1 ft^3 = 1 inch^3 *12^3 = 1,728 inches^3 = 1,728 *(2.54^3) cm^3 = 28,316 On average, a person produces about half a liter of methane gas per day, distributed over an average of about fourteen daily farts. One liter is 0.0353 cubic feet. Dividing that in half gives us 0.01765 cubic feet. So if we multiply 14.3 grams of methane per cubic foot times .01765 cubic feet in half a liter we get 0.252395 grams of methane distributed by the average person in a day. Now... If we take the fact that there are 0.00220 pounds per gram and use the 0.252395 grams of methane produced a day, we get 0.000555269 pounds of methane lost from your average human each day. So if you use brian64s ratio of 8 pounds removed is equivalent to 1 hp gained. We will discover that if you drive your car all day while farting in it you will gain 0.000069408625 hp just from methane loss out your butt alone. I hope this helps...
Science muthafackas!
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #20
Admin

Supporter
Admin

So, no kids for one member, the other did not answer.

Personally, I found the methane formula educational. The no cats and "could not care less about the enviroment", well, I won't touch that.

And I'm happy to talk to the ladies on this forum. They alre always welcome here. They don't get all up in a roar when an opinion differs with other members.

Pardon me know, I need to go out and hug a tree. And what ever happened to the Opra show anyhow? I'm kinda hoping that Hilary Clinton runs for president, with Opra as her choice for vice president.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #21
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Quote:
And before I get flamed, I left nitrogen and hydrogen out of my fart per hp calculations because the gains are negligible at best. Combined, approximately a third of the weight of methane passed daily. Not much gain there but something to think about if you're trying to "squeeze" every last hp out of your car.
We can't "flame" you with all the conversation of methane and all.....Kabooom!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
We can't "flame" you with all the conversation of methane and all.....Kabooom!
Lol
Old 11-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
Just was wondering if anyone has attempted it yet and their thoughts on it? Ive already done mine and so far its been good, threw a code but I had Bama take care of that..
Trying to remember the commercial, I'm Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, or is it just plain old "I'm Cuckoo" period?
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Old thread, but looking for same info. I've removed mine, but haven't found any information on what to do with the lines, I read something about putting a filter somewhere?
Xtian85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT