need race bullet recommendations - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
need race bullet recommendations

Ok so I had the lethal OR H installed and now my exhaust system consists of Borla S type abs no cats and no resonators. It gets raspy above 3k rpm on medium throttle. Can anyone recommend a good muffler to put in place of the resonators. I need a link or exact sizes. Should I go dynomax or pypes? How long? Thanks
JayblesStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
gt500's and the rasp will be gone
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Had gt500s before. I know its a good muffler but I want try race bullets first
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I would like to know how those work, i want to do a muffler delete but will not do it until i know of a way to get rid of the rasp, the gt500's weight 50 lbs and would like to shed about 30 of that
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yea they are heavy. Borla s types are half that it seems
Old 10-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone have an idea? I need to find the length or specs so I can weld them into my over axle pipes
Old 11-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayblesStang View Post
Anyone have an idea? I need to find the length or specs so I can weld them into my over axle pipes
Why? You can easily just cut out enough pipe to fit whatever size you put in there.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I am planning to do them same thing very soon for the exact same reason. I was planning to go with dynomax race bullets (see link) as I read on another forum that they were great for correcting this terrible rasp after cat removal. Let us know if you do it/how it works out.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-24222
WCatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
OP.....Good to know the H didn't help much, compared to the O/R-X. I have a Borla "S" catback with X. I pulled the X and cats and went with a O/R-X and I absolutely hated it. The only thing that I liked was the perfect loudness at idle when I ran a CAM tune with it for a month or so. Otherwise the car was race car loud and a lot of RPM area's all over had that ****ty raspy sound. I was not gonna part ways with my Borla's for GT500's which at that time was only known sure option to cure it. So I pulled it and put it all back to how I had it and just put the tune I had back in and saved the other various tunes for different bolt on's and etc.

A good heads up for you to know......If you ever go back to cats and have been using this current setup you have.......Don't panic when your borla's all of sudden are not what they were when you first had them with cats. Car will be quiet and I mean obvious like ..OH sh*t I fried the guts of my Borla's. Give it a few weeks of driving and it will return to like they were. I think with the fuel and no cats it gets in the packing of the borla and has to dry out. I would imagine if you did stay like you are for a year or so and ever went back it might permeantly have scorched them and never be same. Just a heads up about a what-700.00 axleback?

For 15 HP it just was not worth it and to be honest the Borla "S" Catback with X is the best sounding exhaust made for the coyote in JMO. I figure the only way I mess with it for HP gains again is when I do Long Tubes. Then I may go another direction all together on how and what it's piped like from collectors on back.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCatoe View Post
I am planning to do them same thing very soon for the exact same reason. I was planning to go with dynomax race bullets (see link) as I read on another forum that they were great for correcting this terrible rasp after cat removal. Let us know if you do it/how it works out.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-24222
Thats just a fancy name for a resonator.

OP just have ur stock resonators put back on to tame tge rasp and ur problem is solved
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT