Powerslot Rotors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-31-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Powerslot Rotors

My brakes are starting to squeak and I'm already getting tired of the rusty edges. So I seen these Powerslot rotors which look pretty nice, but I'm hoping these are good quality and don't rust as easy. FYI mine is a garage kept non DD and look at how nasty they look... Only have 12k

http://www.americanmuscle.com/powers...rs-1112gt.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1866168612.png
Views:	133
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	134742  
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Here's a pic from my old car (01 Maxima) with Centric rotors, as u can see they're also black center, like the Powerslot. But these still have that nasty rust in the center, in the area where there is no contact with the pads. I was hoping to find others with feedback and experience with the Powerslots, do they rust the same way as these Centrics in the pic??
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2471351403.png
Views:	124
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	134743  
Old 11-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
My brakes are starting to squeak and I'm already getting tired of the rusty edges. So I seen these Powerslot rotors which look pretty nice, but I'm hoping these are good quality and don't rust as easy. FYI mine is a garage kept non DD and look at how nasty they look... Only have 12k

Powerslot Mustang Rotors - Front Pair 126.61098SR (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping 126.61098SL||126.61098SR
gtstyles,

It's not uncommon for brakes to get rusty edges like that, even if it's not a daily driver. If you were to get any sort of moisture or rain etc.. on the brakes and then not drive it for a while, you'll definitely see some rust! My 2011 GT rarely moves and I have rust on the stock rotors.

A better rotor like the powerslot may not be so prone to this. It being slotted will definitely help vent any sort of moisture build up. Besides this rotor looking much better, it has much better stopping power!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

What about a premium car like BMW, or Mercedes? From factory they come with rust proof rotors. They looks flawless no matter how old they get. Are there any type of rotors that have higher quality metals like that?? I don't care if they're slotted or blanks
Old 11-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I know some have their Hats powder coated
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
I know some have their Hats powder coated
Fantastic idea!! I didn't think if that !!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Let us know what you end up doing. Mine arent squeaking yet, but i have the same ugly rust all over the stockers. It looks horrible.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Fantastic idea!! I didn't think if that !!
I'm friends with this girl who had it done. She and I met at a car show back when I had Pontiac G8 GT and she and her old man did. She friended me on facebook and I saw a post of hers with Pics of her Hats Powder Coated. Looked good. I can PM her and ask how they are holding up, but I know they did for her. Car was a garage queen. Powder coat is durable and I bet it could handle a lot. May be hell if you were heavy AutoX/Road Course racer but outside that they really will do fine. But yeah if you get serious I will PM her and ask. It's been like a year so I should get good feedback from her. Knowing her she will send me pics. Hell I should be able to go to her profile and search her pics and find them. I can then show ya what they came out like. She done this for the very reason you are. She was all big on shows and won a lot too.
LMK if I can help ya man.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

It's not really that serious, I only have 12k in the clock and I guess I'm using the slightly rusted look and the very slight squeak at times to justify me getting new rotors and pads. Plus the performance of the stocks leave a lot to be desired, I don't think I will go with big brakes like Brembo since I don't track often. The Powerslots do come painted but my biggest concern is looking like my old Centrics (only a week of use). It's definitely on the agenda for springtime as I want my rotors to look flawless under my wheels, since this is my weekend warrior. Came out of work to snap these pics, like I said not a big deal -_-
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-632353206.png
Views:	122
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	134848   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-924192915.png
Views:	99
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	134849  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT