Supercharger - Page 11 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #351
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
There's at least 3 places by my house I can fill bottles at!! Plus everybody and they're mom has a blower.
This is erroneous information. My Mom doesn't have a blower, neither do my neighbors.
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #352
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
This is erroneous information. My Mom doesn't have a blower, neither do my neighbors.
trust me she does
KoolPwny is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #353
Registered Member
Regular
 
PonyBoyV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago Area
Region: Illinois
Posts: 1,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
trust me she does
awwwwww snap
Attached Images
 
PonyBoyV6 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #354
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
trust me she does
Ba ha ha ha ha. Oh snap bra^
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #355
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
Dammit Mom we were supposed to be close
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #356
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Dammit Mom we were supposed to be close
How do you think you were born. Lmao
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #357
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Slightly off topic, still about the 5.0, will the Ford Aluminator XS Engine work in an automatic, I've only seen it for manual engines.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #358
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Slightly off topic, still about the 5.0, will the Ford Aluminator XS Engine work in an automatic, I've only seen it for manual engines.
It should. I think the differences between the auto and manual are in the intake system.
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #359
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
It should. I think the differences between the auto and manual are in the intake system.
Ok, I don't have near enough money to get it, but that's the drivetrain upgrade I would get, as well as a 93 octane street tune, and a 93 performance tune.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #360
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Ok, I don't have near enough money to get it, but that's the drivetrain upgrade I would get, as well as a 93 octane street tune, and a 93 performance tune.
Seems like a waste when all your going to do is tune it. Just tune your stock motor
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #361
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Seems like a waste when all your going to do is tune it. Just tune your stock motor
and the bolt ons I'll get with this motor...
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #362
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
and the bolt ons I'll get with this motor...
Yeah I guess man. It's up to you obviously. I guess you'd never have to worry about the motor going out from abuse with just bolt ons.
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #363
Registered Member
Regular
 
DallasStang77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
THAN B O O O O O M ! Lol jk
Only if you put down 651 CONSTANT HP!!! Then it goes KABOOOM
DallasStang77 is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #364
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post
Only if you put down 651 CONSTANT HP!!! Then it goes KABOOOM
andddd.. Repeat the constant power conversation lol
KoolPwny is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #365
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
Ha 1. No I'm not a troll 2. No not jealous either , like I said I really DON'T like the look of the 2010+ cars at all , the 5.0 is a good motor but not GREAT it could have been a great motor had it been built STRONGER , a GREAT motor is the 5.8 L . and there is nothing wrong with the 4.6 L I have also a good motor but not GREAT. I'm not looking for 1000rwhp , a CONSTANT 500RWHP is just fine with me the 4.6L provides that NO PROBLEM that being said my car could DESTROY a 5.0 all it takes is $$$$ , I can afford it heck if I really wanted to I could buy a 5.8 l crate motor which is capable of easily 1000+ rwhp the 5.8 is basically a RACE ENGINE and will put the 5.0 to shame. And you are the one who is ridiculous and RETARDED , everything I have said is true and this thread is called SUPERCHARGER not 5.0 SUPERCHARGER or 4.6 SUPERCHARGER or even 5.8 SUPERCHARGER just SUPERCHARGER so YOU get a grip will ya... lol...
Wow...
You don't have a clue.
__________________
Previous: '02 GT, '04 GT, '07 GT & a few chevys in between
'13 GT
Woodga16 is offline  
Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #366
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post



Ha 1. No I'm not a troll 2. No not jealous either , like I said I really DON'T like the look of the 2010+ cars at all , the 5.0 is a good motor but not GREAT it could have been a great motor had it been built STRONGER , a GREAT motor is the 5.8 L . and there is nothing wrong with the 4.6 L I have also a good motor but not GREAT.

I'm not looking for 1000rwhp , a CONSTANT 500RWHP is just fine with me the 4.6L provides that NO PROBLEM that being said my car could DESTROY a 5.0 all it takes is $$$$ , I can afford it heck if I really wanted to I could buy a 5.8 l crate motor which is capable of easily 1000+ rwhp
the 5.8 is basically a RACE ENGINE and will put the 5.0 to shame.

And you are the one who is ridiculous and RETARDED , everything I have said is true
and this thread is called SUPERCHARGER not 5.0 SUPERCHARGER or 4.6 SUPERCHARGER or even 5.8 SUPERCHARGER just SUPERCHARGER so YOU get a grip will ya... lol...
1 you are trolling. 2 you are jealous of the power the 5.0 has over your 4.6. If you do not like the looks of the 2010-14 why are you trolling the forum?

The 5.0, 5.8 and even the 4.6 are all great motors. Sure your 4.6 could destroy a 5.0 with money. Guess what so can a 2.0 4 banger. It just takes money. FYI it just takes money to build the 5.0 to a point the 4.6 will never touch it.

Yes the thread is called SUPERCHARGER... But you missed one detail. The OP asked about a supercharger or turbo for a 5.0!!! Not a 4.6, not a 5.8, not a 3.7, not a 4.0, not a 5.4, not a, oh hell you know where i'm going with this!
dobypaw3 is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #367
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
1 you are trolling. 2 you are jealous of the power the 5.0 has over your 4.6. If you do not like the looks of the 2010-14 why are you trolling the forum?

The 5.0, 5.8 and even the 4.6 are all great motors. Sure your 4.6 could destroy a 5.0 with money. Guess what so can a 2.0 4 banger. It just takes money. FYI it just takes money to build the 5.0 to a point the 4.6 will never touch it.

Yes the thread is called SUPERCHARGER... But you missed one detail. The OP asked about a supercharger or turbo for a 5.0!!! Not a 4.6, not a 5.8, not a 3.7, not a 4.0, not a 5.4, not a, oh hell you know where i'm going with this!
-1
So I will make one last post and the 5.0 sucks sorry AND for the last time
the thread said SUPERCHARGER it DID NOT SAY SUPERCHARGER 5.0 sorry
NEXT TIME TITLE IT APPROPRIATELY

AND CHECK OUT THIS LINK HA... 1000 HP 4.6 L bye bye 5.0

2005-2010 3V Mustang Short Block Motor - JDM Engineering
gladiatoro is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #368
Registered Member
Regular
 
2011 Kona Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 7,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

-1
So I will make one last post and the 5.0 sucks sorry AND for the last time
the thread said SUPERCHARGER it DID NOT SAY SUPERCHARGER 5.0 sorry
NEXT TIME TITLE IT APPROPRIATELY

AND CHECK OUT THIS LINK HA... 1000 HP 4.6 L bye bye 5.0

2005-2010 3V Mustang Short Block Motor - JDM Engineering
Bravo Bravo. Give em hell kid. man I love these threads. So freaking entertaining. Stand up for yourself bro. Kick em in the balls, lmfao
2011 Kona Blue is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #369
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
-1 So I will make one last post and the 5.0 sucks sorry AND for the last time the thread said SUPERCHARGER it DID NOT SAY SUPERCHARGER 5.0 sorry NEXT TIME TITLE IT APPROPRIATELY AND CHECK OUT THIS LINK HA... 1000 HP 4.6 L bye bye 5.0 2005-2010 3V Mustang Short Block Motor - JDM Engineering
Do the same upgrades on the 5.0 and it will blow your precious 4.6 away. Your only making yourself look worse troll. Everything you say can easily be countered.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #370
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Bravo Bravo. Give em hell kid. man I love these threads. So freaking entertaining. Stand up for yourself bro. Kick em in the balls, lmfao
gladiatoro is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #371
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
How much whp can a coyote engine handle before forging is necessary? How big a shot if spray can you throw at a stock one?

I'm talking just engine not whole car setups btw
KoolPwny is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #372
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Do the same upgrades on the 5.0 and it will blow your precious 4.6 away. Your only making yourself look worse troll. Everything you say can easily be countered.
-1
gladiatoro is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #373
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
-1
Well of course you would do that, because you realize the fact that the 5.0 is the better engine. I'll give you that the 4.6 has a better MT stock. that's about it. The 5.0 is better in every other way.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 11-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #374
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Well. Seeing how it's been almost an hour, and that he is posting on other threads, he must have finally realized the futility of his pointless argument.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 04:00 AM   #375
Registered Member
Regular
 
andregayola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: newark
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
Well of course you would do that, because you realize the fact that the 5.0 is the better engine. I'll give you that the 4.6 has a better MT stock. that's about it. The 5.0 is better in every other way.
Dude you know nothing... Ur saying it because u have a 5.0 in your car and that's all....

Yes 5.0s are good and so are 4.6
A 4v 4.6 will compete with no problem with a coyote

And the triton 5.8 found in the current gt500 is a great engine aswell
Is the 5.0 god no is not could be beter like stated before as could the 4.6.

The 5.0 guys like to defend there honor because of the glory that comes with the motor
And think there beter just like the v8 guys against v6 guys

Buttttt the coyote does make more ten againt its newer and has more technology if ford made a new 4.6 and put new tech into it I would gladly say it would be just as powerful as the coyote

And finally mustangz....

fck off Man U piss me off
__________________
1999 V6
Sonic Blue
Mods - Eibach Super sports
Cold Air Intake
K&N Air Filter
Front sway bar Bushings
andregayola is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #376
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,258
This thread needs to be closed.
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 04:37 AM   #377
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
This thread needs to be closed.
No way dude this thread is the current flagship poster child of this website.
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #378
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
How much whp can a coyote engine handle before forging is necessary? How big a shot if spray can you throw at a stock one?

I'm talking just engine not whole car setups btw
More than a 4.6L!!!
dobypaw3 is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #379
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

-1
So I will make one last post and the 5.0 sucks sorry AND for the last time
the thread said SUPERCHARGER it DID NOT SAY SUPERCHARGER 5.0 sorry
NEXT TIME TITLE IT APPROPRIATELY

AND CHECK OUT THIS LINK HA... 1000 HP 4.6 L bye bye 5.0

2005-2010 3V Mustang Short Block Motor - JDM Engineering
That JMD is a built 4.6 motor... FORGED... Lets see a 4.6L do this...
http://www.nmradigital.com/2013/08/1...wered-mustang/
All you 4.6L owners need to stop you are making yourself look stupid!!!

And check out the link HA... 2000 hp bye bye forever 4.6L
dobypaw3 is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 05:38 AM   #380
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
That JMD is a built 4.6 motor... FORGED... Lets see a 4.6L do this... http://www.nmradigital.com/2013/08/1...wered-mustang/ All you 4.6L owners need to stop you are making yourself look stupid!!!
I hate to weigh in on this abomination of a thread but I've caught wind of extremely high horsepower variations of almost every engine ford has put out. It's strictly a money game. Stock for stock a coyote engine dominates a 4.6 2v or 4v. That being said the 4v Mach1s made around 300-310rwhp and that's versus the 380+rwhp a coyote makes. Does that make the mach1 a failure at power output? Of course not. It just means the coyote does it differently and is from a different generation. But a 4v termi engine can hold up to almost the same power output and abuse as a coyote and do it cheaper. In a few years when the aftermarket scene catches up with coyote engines they too will be cheap to mod for big power and then we can revisit this thread and say coyotes are better all around. But for now it's just run whatever you have and be happy you have a great engine because ford did a pretty good job with each new engine variant.

Long story short the coyote is a better power platform than stock NA 2v/4v 4.6s. And I own and love my 2v 4.6. But I'm just saying what's true.

Sorry for airing my arrogant and "stupid" 4.6ltr thoughts. But figured it should be said so people can stop acting ridiculous. This forum has become a mockery.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 05:38 AM   #381
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

-1
So I will make one last post and the 5.0 sucks sorry AND for the last time
the thread said SUPERCHARGER it DID NOT SAY SUPERCHARGER 5.0 sorry
NEXT TIME TITLE IT APPROPRIATELY
Your are not to bright. It was titled appropriately for 2010-2014 forum. As I stated before the majority of us in this forum own a 5.0 and if you would have read the OP's original post he said, he was asking about a supercharger or turbo for a 5.0. That right there should have told you this was about 5.0!!! Doh!!!
dobypaw3 is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #382
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeJohnson View Post

I hate to weigh in on this abomination of a thread but I've caught wind of extremely high horsepower variations of almost every engine ford has put out. It's strictly a money game. Stock for stock a coyote engine dominates a 4.6 2v or 4v. That being said the 4v Mach1s made around 300-310rwhp and that's versus the 380+rwhp a coyote makes. Does that make the mach1 a failure at power output? Of course not. It just means the coyote does it differently and is from a different generation. But a 4v termi engine can hold up to almost the same power output and abuse as a coyote and do it cheaper. In a few years when the aftermarket scene catches up with coyote engines they too will be cheap to mod for big power and then we can revisit this thread and say coyotes are better all around. But for now it's just run whatever you have and be happy you have a great engine because ford did a pretty good job with each new engine variant.

Long story short the coyote is a better power platform than stock NA 2v/4v 4.6s. And I own and love my 2v 4.6. But I'm just saying what's true.

Sorry for airing my arrogant and "stupid" 4.6ltr thoughts. But figured it should be said so people can stop acting ridiculous. This forum has become a mockery.
It's a 4.6L owner that started a mockery of the thread. And shot his mouth off that the 4.6 is better than a 5.0 but he would need money to make it happen. duh!!! That is no different than the V6 guys saying the same about their engine as compared to pre 2011 V8. MMR in CA took a coyote built and sleeved it to 2000hp while retaining 5 liters. Yeah that is real impressive in a coyote block!!!
dobypaw3 is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #383
Registered Member
Regular
 
ColeJohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ketchikan, Alaska
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 2,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
It's a 4.6L owner that started a mockery of the thread. And shot his mouth off that the 4.6 is better than a 5.0 but he would need money to make it happen. duh!!! That is no different than the V6 guys saying the same about their engine as compared to pre 2011 V8. MMR in CA took a coyote built and sleeved it to 2000hp while retaining 5 liters. Yeah that is real impressive in a coyote block!!!
Alright. You win.
__________________

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #384
Registered Member
Regular
 
mustangz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Virginia
Region: Virginia
Posts: 4,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by andregayola View Post
Dude you know nothing... Ur saying it because u have a 5.0 in your car and that's all.... Yes 5.0s are good and so are 4.6 A 4v 4.6 will compete with no problem with a coyote And the triton 5.8 found in the current gt500 is a great engine aswell Is the 5.0 god no is not could be beter like stated before as could the 4.6. The 5.0 guys like to defend there honor because of the glory that comes with the motor And think there beter just like the v8 guys against v6 guys Buttttt the coyote does make more ten againt its newer and has more technology if ford made a new 4.6 and put new tech into it I would gladly say it would be just as powerful as the coyote And finally mustangz.... fck off Man U piss me off
Hey, u piss me off also. What's funny is that u make it seem like I care about your opinion. I DON'T. Fact is fact, stock 5.0 v stock 4.6, 5.0 wins. Equally modded 5.0 and 4.6, 5.0 wins. The 5.0 is a better engine period.
__________________
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline  
Old 11-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #385
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
That JMD is a built 4.6 motor... FORGED... Lets see a 4.6L do this...
MMR’s Low-7-Second, 2000 Horsepower, 5.0 Coyote-Powered Mustang | NMRA
All you 4.6L owners need to stop you are making yourself look stupid!!!

And check out the link HA... 2000 hp bye bye forever 4.6L




"and today the sky’s almost the limit when it comes to building a big-power 4.6 or 5.4." that is from your article , and that's my whole POINT if one throw enough money into a 4.6 or 5.0 or even 5.8 all can become MONSTER ENGINES ... ALL

5.0 owners just think the are superior when in reality they are in the middle of the bunch if I really wanted a drag car I would swap my motor for a 5.8 L race engine not a punny 5.0 that being said the 5.0 is a good motor so is the 4.6 2 to 4v
both can produce a lot of power depending on how much money one would like to spend.

I'm quite happy with 500RWHP for a daily driver with my BLOWN 4.6 3 V
Forged I could get much more with higher boost but I don't drag race so
I think 600 or so hp at the crank is plenty for a daily driver.

In the end these Ford engines are all good and there is no need to cut down
what is under your hood or be rude as some posters here have been because
they think the 5.0 is the KING of engines IT IS NOT SORRY . It's in the middle of the pack like I said. The KING IS the 5.8 RACE ENGINE. Remember that.

gladiatoro is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:38 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.