Supercharger - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #141
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I think rapinators problem with this thread is the misinformation. There are probably 100+ guys in this forum running upwards of 600RWHP on their blown coyotes and daily driving them everyday with zero issues. They aren't answering in this thread probably because of the responses it is getting. My car right off the showroom floor dynoed at 374rwhp and had 412hp at the crank, so what percentage of drivetrain loss is that? The rods being the weak link is wrong, the crank being the weak link is wrong and nobody uses a aluminum block for a 1500hp application that I know of without some serious modifications to it. From what I have seen, read, and witnessed the pistons are the first to go in these cars. These cars were designed to rev high and be effecient in the upper rpm range but their compression and lack of superior parts to keep cost down are what keep them from being amazing. I seriously doubt you couldn't make 1000hp on a coyote motor with stock heads, forged lower, and a power adder. They are completely different than the 2v, 3v, and 4vs of the past. Most 2v cars can't even get out of their own way without cams and a blower and the same goes for some 3v cars.
+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #142
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Aren't there more uncontrollable variables with nitrous than with a supercharger? I mean how many times can you actually use nitrous before it runs out? I was also told that if you miss a gear and you are spraying you can kiss your motor good bye. Unless you have some kind of fuel management system or something called that.
Old 11-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony214 View Post
Aren't there more uncontrollable variables with nitrous than with a supercharger? I mean how many times can you actually use nitrous before it runs out? I was also told that if you miss a gear and you are spraying you can kiss your motor good bye. Unless you have some kind of fuel management system or something called that.
Window switch is what will save you incase u miss a gear. And depends on the size of the bottle/ how big of a shot you are running/ how long you spray. Nitrous cant be beat. I will be shooting for 1000 hp by feb-march. I am at 7 now

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

If you have 2 identical cars making same hp. Just one being supercharged and one with nitrous. Giving both drivers are equal. Nitrous car will win everytime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 06:42 PM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
All the 11-14 5.0 have forged cranks. ---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ---------- People who have never been on the inside of a coyote or had one blow. Shouldn't give there opinions.
I was only asking :p
I head read it somewhere, I was just checking
Old 11-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #145
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
I was only asking :p
I head read it somewhere, I was just checking
The 2nd part was not directed towards you man. Just the first part
Old 11-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush View Post
I think there are a lot of race teams that would like to have your drivetrain efficiency of losing only 9%... Lol
Old 11-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #147
Road Trip!

Region: California
I like this thread. Rapinator makes me want to spray my car so bad lol
Old 11-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #148
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
I like this thread. Rapinator makes me want to spray my car so bad lol
Do it bud. Just be smart about it. No more than 150 on stock internalls. Get a good tune. Window switch. Bottle warmer. Purge.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #149
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Do it bud. Just be smart about it. No more than 150 on stock internalls. Get a good tune. Window switch. Bottle warmer. Purge.
Sounds like way to much bull ***** and work with nitrous. Lmao. Supercharger is way freaking easier. No bottles, doesn't run out, instant boost. Bolt on, tune , done
Easy peasey. Lol
Old 11-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #150
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Sounds like way to much bull ***** and work with nitrous. Lmao. Supercharger is way freaking easier. No bottles, doesn't run out, instant boost. Bolt on, tune , done
Easy peasey. Lol

You bet a SUPERCHARGED BLOWN motor is the way to go , endless power , no need to worry about missing a shift , there is a reason the ZR1 , ZL1 , Shelby's run Blowers they are superior and safer.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #151
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Sounds like way to much bull ***** and work with nitrous. Lmao. Supercharger is way freaking easier. No bottles, doesn't run out, instant boost. Bolt on, tune , done Easy peasey. Lol
So true, sure nitrous is better vs a supercharger, but all you have to do is a tune and the supercharger, and also, nitrous is illegal is several states...
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #152
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post

You bet a SUPERCHARGED BLOWN motor is the way to go , endless power , no need to worry about missing a shift , there is a reason the ZR1 , ZL1 , Shelby's run Blowers they are superior and safer.
And will get beat by a nitrous car at same power level every time

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote:

Easy peasey. Lol
And with a supercharger you will be getting slower every run. Especially durring the summer
Old 11-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #153
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think rapinators problem with this thread is the misinformation. There are probably 100+ guys in this forum running upwards of 600RWHP on their blown coyotes and daily driving them everyday with zero issues. They aren't answering in this thread probably because of the responses it is getting. My car right off the showroom floor dynoed at 374rwhp and had 412hp at the crank, so what percentage of drivetrain loss is that?

The rods being the weak link is wrong, the crank being the weak link is wrong and nobody uses a aluminum block for a 1500hp application that I know of without some serious modifications to it. From what I have seen, read, and witnessed the pistons are the first to go in these cars. These cars were designed to rev high and be effecient in the upper rpm range but their compression and lack of superior parts to keep cost down are what keep them from being amazing. I seriously doubt you couldn't make 1000hp on a coyote motor with stock heads, forged lower, and a power adder. They are completely different than the 2v, 3v, and 4vs of the past. Most 2v cars can't even get out of their own way without cams and a blower and the same goes for some 3v cars.
Speed isn't all about the engine. To have a fast car you will need the power, along with a built drivetrain, that includes transmission, driveshaft and entire rear end. If you plan on doing hard launches it might be smart to upgrade to a 9" rear. Then there is suspension, you can have all the power in the world but if you can't get it to the ground it's USELESS.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #154
Registered Member
Regular

Why is everyone nitrous vs supercharger?! I use both! And I win every time :p
Old 11-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #155
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Speed isn't all about the engine. To have a fast car you will need the power, along with a built drivetrain, that includes transmission, driveshaft and entire rear end. If you plan on doing hard launches it might be smart to upgrade to a 9" rear. Then there is suspension, you can have all the power in the world but if you can't get it to the ground it's USELESS.
8.8 is all you need man.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #156
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's a total different thread man...
Old 11-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why is everyone nitrous vs supercharger?! I use both! And I win every time :p
I will be single 78mm turbo on top of my nitrous come feb.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #158
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will be single 78mm turbo on top of my nitrous come feb.
Get ready for TURBO LAG then ....
Old 11-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #159
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Get ready for TURBO LAG then ....
Wont have any lag. Notice I said with bottle also?
Old 11-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #160
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And will get beat by a nitrous car at same power level every time

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

And with a supercharger you will be getting slower every run. Especially durring the summer

If your someone who uses there car as a daily driver or occasional good whether driver and want boost, the supercharger is the way to go. Its easy to install, no maintenance and no fuss. To much bad stuff can happen with nitrous to a car and when ***** goes wrong, it goes wrong and jacks your ride up. Its not like a supercharger and the belt snaps, no big deal. Nitrous can kill an engine not to mention blow up your car into pieces. F that. Nitrous is not for the daily driver in my opinion and to be used on the public roadways.

Nitrous sounds great for track use only but not everybody 1/4 mile track races.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If your someone who uses there car as a daily driver or occasional good whether driver and want boost, the supercharger is the way to go. Its easy to install, no maintenance and no fuss. To much bad stuff can happen with nitrous to a car and when ***** goes wrong, it can goes wrong. Its not like a supercharger and the belt snaps, no big deal. Nitrous can kill an engine not to mention blow up your car into pieces. F that. Nitrous is not for the daily driver in my opinion.

I have had 2 supercharged mustangs. A 03 cobra. And a 08 roush 427r. I have ran my car with nitrous everyday. Now with my built motor I still will. And with the turbo and the bottle I should be over 900hp.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

I spray my car dam near everday.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #162
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If your someone who uses there car as a daily driver or occasional good whether driver and want boost, the supercharger is the way to go. Its easy to install, no maintenance and no fuss. To much bad stuff can happen with nitrous to a car and when ***** goes wrong, it goes wrong and jacks your ride up. Its not like a supercharger and the belt snaps, no big deal. Nitrous can kill an engine not to mention blow up your car into pieces. F that. Nitrous is not for the daily driver in my opinion and to be used on the public roadways.

100% agreed , nitrous at best is for 1/4 mile , on the street nitrous can be down right dangerous , a BLOWER is the ticket.... safe reliable power ON DEMAND .
Old 11-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #163
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have had 2 supercharged mustangs. A 03 cobra. And a 08 roush 427r. I have ran my car with nitrous everyday. Now with my built motor I still will. And with the turbo and the bottle I should be over 900hp.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

I spray my car dam near everday.
All there cars had nitrous in them. I wonder how well that set up went for them. Lmao! I wonder how there insurance claim worked out after the nitrous bottles blew there ride up. Lmao

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131108_231554.png
Views:	198
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	135751

Name:	ForumRunner_20131108_231605.png
Views:	196
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	135752

Name:	ForumRunner_20131108_231616.png
Views:	200
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	135753

Name:	ForumRunner_20131108_231540.png
Views:	201
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	135750
Old 11-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #164
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Hey! I recognize that post! Give a brother some credit!!! Lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 11-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #165
Road Trip!

There's at least 3 places by my house I can fill bottles at!! Plus everybody and they're mom has a blower. I'm not saying it's not bad *** cuz it is. But I think nitrous is bad *** too.
After all is said and done it will still cost a pretty penny just like any other setup, but I'm still highly considering going this route.

Problem is I want a COMPLETE list of everything I need for the best safest setup for it. Idk it a window switch alone to trust with Ge life of my motor and stuff
Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There's at least 3 places by my house I can fill bottles at!! Plus everybody and they're mom has a blower. I'm not saying it's not bad *** cuz it is. But I think nitrous is bad *** too.
After all is said and done it will still cost a pretty penny just like any other setup, but I'm still highly considering going this route.

Problem is I want a COMPLETE list of everything I need for the best safest setup for it. Idk it a window switch alone to trust with Ge life of my motor and stuff
I was talking to a performance shop down by me during my clubs dyno day. We got on the topic of nitrous and he told me a proper, good nitrous setup can cost as much as a supercharger and wasn't a fan of nitrous for people who want more power for the public roadways. He felt the safest way to go was to supercharge or turbo and call it a day. It makes instant boost, easy set up, minimum parts to break and always reliable with power. Never skips a beat!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #167
Road Trip!

Yup any good setup is gonna cost money that isn't my main concern.

P.s. Why does everybody here think power on demand on the streets is safer than a bottle you gotta wait to wait to warm up and have a switch to turn it off/on and a tube that blows it outside if the pressure gets to great??
Old 11-08-2013, 10:40 PM   #168
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yup any good setup is gonna cost money that isn't my main concern.

P.s. Why does everybody here think power on demand on the streets is safer than a bottle you gotta wait to wait to warm up and have a switch to turn it off/on and a tube that blows it outside if the pressure gets to great??
Way to much crap involved for nitrous just to run to Wal Mart and back. Supercharger, get in car, drive, slam foot down on gas pedal. Supercharger creates instant boost, blast off. That easy. Nothing to think about and no worries.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #169
Road Trip!

Quote:
Way to much crap involved for nitrous just to run to Wal Mart and back. Supercharger, get in car, drive, slam foot down on gas pedal. Supercharger creates instant boost, blast off. That easy. Nothing to think about and no worries.
you do realize you don't spray all the time right??

You can easily just step on the gas pedal in a blown car and kill somebody just the same as with nitrous.

And isn't nitrous easy to install?
Maybe the switches aren't though idk lol
Old 11-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #170
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you do realize you don't spray all the time right??

You can easily just step on the gas pedal in a blown car and kill somebody just the same as with nitrous.

And isn't nitrous easy to install?
Maybe the switches aren't though idk lol
I know you don't spray all the time. You only have so much boost in the bottles. Yes you can kill somebody with a supercharge and NO, NO, NO nitrous is not an easy set up. It takes someone skilled to set a nitrous set up correctly. Its not bolt on and be done. The performance shop told me nitrous is a loaded moving bomb in a car and it has to be done correctly or bad ***** will happen. Nitrous is not a easy setup like a supercharger is.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #171
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
So true, sure nitrous is better vs a supercharger, but all you have to do is a tune and the supercharger, and also, nitrous is illegal is several states...
It's only illegal if your caught with it. Just like speeding everyone does it but it's not speeding till your caught.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #172
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Hey! I recognize that post! Give a brother some credit!!! Lol
good quote indeed.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote:
All there cars had nitrous in them. I wonder how well that set up went for them. Lmao! I wonder how there insurance claim worked out after the nitrous bottles blew there ride up. Lmao

Attachment 135751

Attachment 135752

Attachment 135753

Attachment 135750
Ah yes nitrous , very safe indeed.... yes there is a hint of sarcasm there.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote:
I was talking to a performance shop down by me during my clubs dyno day. We got on the topic of nitrous and he told me a proper, good nitrous setup can cost as much as a supercharger and wasn't a fan of nitrous for people who want more power for the public roadways. He felt the safest way to go was to supercharge or turbo and call it a day. It makes instant boost, easy set up, minimum parts to break and always reliable with power. Never skips a beat!
+1

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote:
I know you don't spray all the time. You only have so much boost in the bottles. Yes you can kill somebody with a supercharge and NO, NO, NO nitrous is not an easy set up. It takes someone skilled to set a nitrous set up correctly. Its not bolt on and be done. The performance shop told me nitrous is a loaded moving bomb in a car and it has to be done correctly or bad ***** will happen. Nitrous is not a easy setup like a supercharger is.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #173
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Running nitrous on older cars is a bit different than these new coyotes. With a good driver and at a tolerable HP level, nitrous is safer and less taxing on the engine. Superchargers run hot, there is no denying that however, for someone who doesn't take their car to the dragstrip Nitrous is not the way to go. The initial cost of Nitrous is cheaper as well but I'm a firm believer in time is money. Running it everyday will result in multiple trips, multiple payments compounding to a price that will exceed the cost of a supercharger in a short amount of time. It is a matter of preference, the argument has stemmed away from the original question though.

Rapinator has a valid argument, all things being constant nitrous will beat a supercharged car every time, turbo is a little different though. The issue I see with your argument is your delivery, teach these guys... don't belittle them. Being a teacher and mentor will resonate longer and capture the respect that you deserve.

The biggest and most important mod on higher HP cars is driver mod. Seat time and experience is of the utmost importance, not only to run faster and more consistent times but to be safer. Everyone is all HP happy and so quick to throw a blower/ nitrous on their car without having the experience, 420hp to the crank is nothing to laugh at on a 3500lbs car. My only advice would be to try and get consistent times with your stock car first before throwing 150hp at the car, but that if for a totally different thread.

Off subject but ZLwhat, didn't you run high 10's on an N/A mustang?
Old 11-09-2013, 02:40 AM   #174
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ok here we go. All the ones with the car demolished, were from bottle pressure getting to high inside a car over 1500 psi. They were faulty bottles. A normal working bottle had a pressure release valve that opens at 1500 psi. This is what a blow down tube is for. It will vent the nitrous outside of the car. The ones in the pictures were from a old/faulty bottle. Notice all the pictures are a hatch style car. Meaning the bottle was set in direct sunlight inside the car. The vette is a nitrous backfire. Caused by fuel pudding in the intake. More than likely he was running lean and had to big of a fuel jet. so this was caused by fuel not nitrous.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #175
Registered Member
Regular

And for your performance shop to tell you that nitrous is a loaded bomb. Well that is ignorant and verry uneducated thing for him to say. Nitrous is not a bomb and is not flammable. Only thing that could hapen is nitrous could fuel a existing fire. Bc nitrous is oxygen thats it. So oxygen fuels a fire.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

And yes nitrous can cost as much as a supercharger. Depending on the set up you go with. Personally I have over 4k in my setup.

---------- Post added at 03:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

So again I do not like all the miss information given in this thread. Its alot of he said she said bullcrap. Nitrous is perfectly safe if used correctly. I still cant get over a shop telling someone its a bomb lol.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT