Supercharger - Page 7 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #211
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Mystic View Post
You guys crack me up. I'm not supporting a supercharger nor am I supporting nitrous but both sides are full of sh*t!

Aftermarket Superchargers are nothing but headaches between squeeling belts, check engine lights and terrible road manners. 3-6k for anything decent enough to feel and then let the issues begin.

Nitrous can be dangerous as well with fiery backfires and sometimes stuck solenoids which can lead to holes in the pistons and all kinds of problems as well. Not to mention 45 bucks to fill a bottle that might get you 3 or 4 decent- even pressure - passes.

Building your motor to make power normally aspirated is the key to longevity, and consistent power. Start with as many cubes as you can afford and build from there. But even then, there are a ton of limitations with factory based fuel injection systems.

I tried to make my mustang feel even remotely close to my normally aspirated, carbureted big block and as soon as the power goes up, the drive-ability goes to ****. It's too bad, but it's fact.

There's my two cents. Flame away.
Both sides are full of ****? get lost.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

You obviously are a dumbass
Rapinator126 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #212
Registered Member
Regular
 
EastTNMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Knoxville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Both sides are full of ****? get lost. ---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ---------- You obviously are a dumbass
O5Mystic...I knew it wouldn't take long to get some replies. Too funny!!
EastTNMustang is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #213
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I will be single 78mm turbo on top of my nitrous come feb.
Come February I'll have a 64mm turbo :p
Congrats man!!
alrefire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #214
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Come February I'll have a 64mm turbo :p
Congrats man!!
Hell yea man. Why not a 67? Or are you doing twin 64's.
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #215
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayblesStang View Post
I have basic bolt ons. My exterior is done. So the natural progression for me is to start with a power adder on the "baby" settings without building the motor. After reading through these pages I am leaning more towards the bottle for the reasons of cost and the relative ease of install vs a blower. Plus if I ever want to sell the car the nitrous system can be taken off and no one would know it was there. I can also take off the nitrous and change to a blower if I choose. That makes me feel better because I can test the waters. My .02


A proper nitrous set up will cost you just as much as a SUPERCHARGER , so you won't be saving .02 cents lol...

To get 1000+ HP is no problem .
A 4.6L BIG BORE FORGED STROKER ROTATING ASSEMBLY
increasing displacement to 322 cubic inches increasing displacement on the 4.6 L to 5.2 L with a supercharger running at 15-30 psi or so would produce similar power around 1000 HP RWHP of CONSTANT POWER.
gladiatoro is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #216
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush View Post

O5Mystic...I knew it wouldn't take long to get some replies. Too funny!!
You are a dumbass also
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #217
Registered Member
Regular
 
EastTNMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Knoxville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
You are a dumbass also
Ok...keep it civil.
EastTNMustang is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #218
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Mystic View Post
You guys crack me up. I'm not supporting a supercharger nor am I supporting nitrous but both sides are full of sh*t!

Aftermarket Superchargers are nothing but headaches between squeeling belts, check engine lights and terrible road manners. 3-6k for anything decent enough to feel and then let the issues begin.

Nitrous can be dangerous as well with fiery backfires and sometimes stuck solenoids which can lead to holes in the pistons and all kinds of problems as well. Not to mention 45 bucks to fill a bottle that might get you 3 or 4 decent- even pressure - passes.

Building your motor to make power normally aspirated is the key to longevity, and consistent power. Start with as many cubes as you can afford and build from there. But even then, there are a ton of limitations with factory based fuel injection systems.

I tried to make my mustang feel even remotely close to my normally aspirated, carbureted big block and as soon as the power goes up, the drive-ability goes to ****. It's too bad, but it's fact.

There's my two cents. Flame away.



That would explain why the new Shelby's run twin screw roots style superchargers or the new ZL1 Camaro , the corvette ZR1 which by the way is the fastest factory vette ever made yeah I guess superchargers are not that reliable............ NOT.
gladiatoro is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #219
Registered Member
Regular
 
EastTNMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Knoxville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 428
Rapinator...I tried to PM you, but looks like your inbox is full...can you PM me your phone number so I can call you to discuss? You seem to be a very troubled young man and I may be able to help you.
EastTNMustang is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #220
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush View Post
O5Mystic...I knew it wouldn't take long to get some replies. Too funny!!


---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush View Post
Rapinator...I tried to PM you, but looks like your inbox is full...can you PM me your phone number so I can call you to discuss? You seem to be a very troubled young man and I may be able to help you.
gladiatoro is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #221
Registered Member
Regular
 
clflorida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Barling
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 646
A message from God..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131109_135322.png
Views:	109
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	135807  
clflorida is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #222
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush View Post
Rapinator...I tried to PM you, but looks like your inbox is full...can you PM me your phone number so I can call you to discuss? You seem to be a very troubled young man and I may be able to help you.
Lol.
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #223
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush View Post
Rapinator...I tried to PM you, but looks like your inbox is full...can you PM me your phone number so I can call you to discuss? You seem to be a very troubled young man and I may be able to help you.
omg hahahahA


P.s. BAHAHAHAHAGAG
KoolPwny is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #224
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Popcorn lol
tc x 4 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #225
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Sounds like a bunch of people who have had install problems to me.. Sucks for you guys!

But this is the reason why people that actually know what they are talking about leave this forum. I've considered myself.. Unfortunately
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #226
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Gardena
Region: California
Posts: 1,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Sounds like a bunch of people who have had install problems to me.. Sucks for you guys! But this is the reason why people that actually know what they are talking about leave this forum. I've considered myself.. Unfortunately
im on here to laugh at all these niggaz lol
KoolPwny is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #227
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Sounds like a bunch of people who have had install problems to me.. Sucks for you guys!

But this is the reason why people that actually know what they are talking about leave this forum. I've considered myself.. Unfortunately
I have thought about it b4 also. But the ease of phone app I like. Now if htownracing and SVT had a app then it be easier. Then trying to log on from my phone.
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #228
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: California
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
A message from God..
LMFAO
JayblesStang is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #229
Registered Member
Regular
 
gladiatoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna BC
Region: Canada
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by clflorida View Post
A message from God..


That's good real good....

Can't we all just get along .... it's not that hard really it isn't....
gladiatoro is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #230
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

I have thought about it b4 also. But the ease of phone app I like. Now if htownracing and SVT had a app then it be easier. Then trying to log on from my phone.
Looks like our work here is done lol
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #231
Registered Member
Regular
 
JG5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Sounds like a bunch of people who have had install problems to me.. Sucks for you guys! But this is the reason why people that actually know what they are talking about leave this forum. I've considered myself.. Unfortunately
I deleted my app For 4 months. Just downloaded again and it's worse than before. Wnt2gofast got kicked out or left, but was pretty good for info. I've had Paxton's kit for 2 years on stock motor and exhaust. Still love it. He was actually the reason I went with Paxton haha
JG5.0 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #232
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0 View Post

I deleted my app For 4 months. Just downloaded again and it's worse than before. Wnt2gofast got kicked out or left, but was pretty good for info. I've had Paxton's kit for 2 years on stock motor and exhaust. Still love it. He was actually the reason I went with Paxton haha
I got this app a long time ago just for the classifieds but starting watchin the post and there were a lot of good people in here. Now it seems as though every one is out to troll threads that are serious
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #233
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Wn2gofast sold his paxton 5.0. He now has a c6 vette.
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #234
Registered Member
Regular
 
JG5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Wn2gofast sold his paxton 5.0. He now has a c6 vette.
Saw it, pretty nice vette, like the color. His car was quick though, has a few vids rocking a GTR and some built novas on you tube.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
I got this app a long time ago just for the classifieds but starting watchin the post and there were a lot of good people in here. Now it seems as though every one is out to troll threads that are serious
I got it to just get info from guys that were already boosted and see who was the happiest basically.
JG5.0 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #235
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0 View Post

Saw it, pretty nice vette, like the color. His car was quick though, has a few vids rocking a GTR and some built novas on you tube.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------



I got it to just get info from guys that were already boosted and see who was the happiest basically.
Rapinator is the happiest :p
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #236
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Rapinator is the happiest :p
I just love nitrous lol. I used to want to do the 2.8 LC kenne bell with the nitrous but they are way to happy for the price of the blower for the coyote.
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #237
Registered Member
Regular
 
JG5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I just love nitrous lol. I used to want to do the 2.8 LC kenne bell with the nitrous but they are way to happy for the price of the blower for the coyote.
For real, k bell is way too happy about their kits for the 5.0. I actually bought a 2012 boss on Halloween, orange and black as crazy as that worked out haha, but brought it back. Wanted more power but didn't wanna build my motor or buy the alumminator. Car was awesome but it was hard taking the money loss and have to boost it again all over. Figured is have a boss and forged internals already. If my car was stock I would have gone though with it.
JG5.0 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #238
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0 View Post

For real, k bell is way too happy about their kits for the 5.0. I actually bought a 2012 boss on Halloween, orange and black as crazy as that worked out haha, but brought it back. Wanted more power but didn't wanna build my motor or buy the alumminator. Car was awesome but it was hard taking the money loss and have to boost it again all over. Figured is have a boss and forged internals already. If my car was stock I would have gone though with it.
The fastest 5.0 in the Texas mile is a 2012 competition orange boss with a kenne belle on it. There's a reason they are happy about their blowers! I have a KB on my lightning and love it!

Oh btw, the boss is still on the factory sealed long block also!
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #239
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

The fastest 5.0 in the Texas mile is a 2012 competition orange boss with a kenne belle on it. There's a reason they are happy about their blowers! I have a KB on my lightning and love it!

Oh btw, the boss is still on the factory sealed long block also!
Yes you are correct. It is a women driver also. Maximum velocity out in new Braunfels tx by me built it for her.
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #240
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Yes you are correct. It is a women driver also. Maximum velocity out in new Braunfels tx by me built it for her.
Lol no she is the owner of maximum velocity! Her name is Tracy and she is super nice also. Hung out with her at a few car shows in SA. She's gone through 3 manuals before she had to switch over to an automatic and her car made 800rwhp before it started spinning on the dyno.

Kenne belle actually called her and ask if she would be willing to be the test for the new 3.6LC mammoth kit and she drove her boss to Cali to have it installed in house. Lucky.. I'm jealous
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #241
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Lol no she is the owner of maximum velocity! Her name is Tracy and she is super nice also. Hung out with her at a few car shows in SA. She's gone through 3 manuals before she had to switch over to an automatic and her car made 800rwhp before it started spinning on the dyno.

Kenne belle actually called her and ask if she would be willing to be the test for the new 3.6LC mammoth kit and she drove her boss to Cali to have it installed in house. Lucky.. I'm jealous
I have actually been emailing her right b4 you posted this. I thought her husband was the owner though? They are currently trying to get me to swap to the kenne bell.

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Where do you live? I live in new Braunfels
Rapinator126 is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #242
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

I have actually been emailing her right b4 you posted this. I thought her husband was the owner though? They are currently trying to get me to swap to the kenne bell.
Well I haven't met her husband, only her so you may be right. She wanted me to buy a kenne belle too, but she was trying to convince me to buy her wheels lol. Her car is a total monster, and it's super clean in and out. I really like the orange roll cage and it made me want a white one for my car.
ZLwhat is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #243
Registered Member
Regular
 
05Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
That would explain why the new Shelby's run twin screw roots style superchargers or the new ZL1 Camaro , the corvette ZR1 which by the way is the fastest factory vette ever made yeah I guess superchargers are not that reliable............ NOT.
Oops, you missed the word aftermarket.
05Mystic is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #244
Registered Member
Regular
 
05Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 29
Fire in the hole!
05Mystic is offline  
Old 11-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #245
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post



A supercharged engine does not need a safety switch JUST in case you miss a shift , you can miss shifts ALL day with a SUPERCHARGED SYSTEM and NEVER have to worry about ENGINE FAILURE due to this happening.
You can miss a shift all day with nitrous as well. As long as you have it set up right. If you miss a shift the safety window will shut the nitrous system off automatically before you hit that danger spot. You can set the system to start spraying at 3000rpm and shut off at 6800rpm if you miss a shift the system shuts down instantly at the preset rpm or if you are not WOT as well. So if you do not power shift the system will not spray when the clutch is depressed. You will not blow your engine. There are so many ways to set up a nitrous system and make it very safe. Do some research on nitrous systems and available options before giving false info.

The guys who blow up on nitrous either do not have the window with WOT or they are running gas instead of a wet system. Or just plain have it setup up for failure. Because they had no idea what they where doing.
dobypaw3 is offline  
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:09 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.