Supercharger - Page 9 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #281
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I have 20k in mine so far.
In just the motor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #282
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

In just the motor?
No
Old 11-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #283
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
The 2015 mustang sounds great but I'm not sold on the looks , it seems they are heading towards a euro style look and abandoning the heritage of the mustang , to be honest I don't even like the 2012 and up I mean they are ok but I prefer my s197 I think they nailed the styling a heritage look yet modern with straight tail lights like the 67-68 Fastback GT.

If one looks at the Porsche 911 over the years very subtle styling cues were added but the original design never strayed far way , I think they should be commended for building a great sports car a job well done. Ford could learn a thing or two from them.

That being said I will improve my ride as I am doing now my e-force package it will arrive at my door within a week or so. Ford needs to realize that sales of a vehicle are 90% influenced on the LOOK first , performance is secondary as that can always be improved with the aftermarket. Just my 2 c .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #284
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
The 2015 mustang sounds great but I'm not sold on the looks , it seems they are heading towards a euro style look and abandoning the heritage of the mustang , to be honest I don't even like the 2012 and up I mean they are ok but I prefer my s197 I think they nailed the styling a heritage look yet modern with straight tail lights like the 67-68 Fastback GT.

That being said I will improve my ride as I am doing now my e-force package it will arrive at my door within a week or so. Ford needs to realize that sales of a vehicle are 90% influenced on the LOOK first , performance is secondary as that can always be improved with the aftermarket. Just my 2 c .
I will take performance over looks any day. Thats why I sold my supercharged 3v bc it just a turd.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #285
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I will take performance over looks any day. Thats why I sold my supercharged 3v bc it just a turd.
To each his own , like I said performance can be upgraded and really there is no limit to it 3v /4v doesn't really matter , heck I could drop a 5.0 in my car if I chose to and still have the look I like , or I could bore and stroke my 4.6 to 5.2 L and make the 5.0 look pathetic .... but to me it's more of a balance of good street manners and Hp , I mean really do I need a 1000 rwhp daily driver hmmm... no I don't even track race but I do however go on long trips etc... so fuel economy is a must there are not many gas stations in mountain passes.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #286
Registered Member
Regular

Engines & Components | Sean Hyland Motorsports
Old 11-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #287
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

To each his own , like I said performance can be upgraded and really there is no limit to it 3v /4v doesn't really matter , heck I could drop a 5.0 in my car if I chose to and still have the look I like , or I could bore and stroke my 4.6 to 5.2 L and make the 5.0 look pathetic .... but to me it's more of a balance of good street manners and Hp , I mean really do I need a 1000 rwhp daily driver hmmm... no I don't even track race but I do however go on long trips etc... so fuel economy is a must there are not many gas stations in mountain passes.
A 5.2l 3v will not make a coyote look pathetic. A 3v is weak deal with it you have to throw insane amount of money in a 3v to make it fast.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #288
Registered Member
Regular

Is the stock manifold better than a boss manifold for the Procharger i-1?
Old 11-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #289
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony214 View Post
Is the stock manifold better than a boss manifold for the Procharger i-1?
I dont think there is enough test debating that sense the blower just came out.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #290
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A 5.2l 3v will not make a coyote look pathetic. A 3v is weak deal with it you have to throw insane amount of money in a 3v to make it fast.

Not true I will have around 500 RWHP , CONSTANT HP no nitrous for under 5 k
that's not a insane amout of money , adding Nitrous to the mix that would up the power more obviously.
Or running a smaller pulley say 2.75/ 2.50 or so with forget internals 700 rwhp would be no problem .

Or down the road I could just upgrade to the 5.8 L that WILL make the 5.0 look weak lol.. like I always say performance all depends on how much $$$$ one wants to spend .

5.8L 4V SVT Supercharged Engine [2013-2014-58-Engine] - $31,000.00 : Evolution Performance, Performance Parts & Accessories - Ford Mustang & Shelby Experts
Old 11-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #291
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Not true I will have around 500 RWHP , CONSTANT HP no nitrous for under 5 k that's not a insane amout of money , adding Nitrous to the mix that would up the power more obviously. Or running a smaller pulley say 2.75 or so with forget internals 700 rwhp would be no problem . Or down the road I could just upgrade to the 5.8 L that WILL make the 5.0 look weak lol.. like I always say performance all depends on how much $$$$ one wants to spend . 5.8L 4V SVT Supercharged Engine [2013-2014-58-Engine] - $31,000.00 : Evolution Performance, Performance Parts & Accessories - Ford Mustang & Shelby Experts
Your argument is starting to stray here. If we're dropping in new engines and changing whatever we want and money doesn't matter I could make a corolla smoke a coyote!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #292
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
Your argument is starting to stray here. If we're dropping in new engines and changing whatever we want and money doesn't matter I could make a corolla smoke a coyote!

My whole point was I prefer the look of my S197 over the 2010 and up , performance can be added , but the styling of a car is the main attraction to me.
Like I said Ford best take a page from Porsche and co in that department.
If the styling isn't GREAT Ford will suffer a lot in sales , FACT. Last I checked the Camaro was outselling the current mustang ....
Old 11-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #293
Registered Member
Regular

The mustang is a legendary MUSCLE car , not some EURO vehicle , they are turning there backs on it's past from the prototypes I have seen , I really don't see Mustang in there ????

But I guess the final version has not yet been released so it may not be as bad as I think....
Old 11-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #294
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The mustang is a legendary MUSCLE car , not some EURO vehicle , they are turning there backs on it's past from the prototypes I have seen , I really don't see Mustang in there ????

But I guess the final version has not yet been released so it may not be as bad as I think....
The reason they are is because this will be the first time the mustang will be released over seas
Old 11-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #295
Registered Member
Regular

If the 2015 Mustang GT looked like this I would buy it in a heartbeat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	68 Fastback GT.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	136022  
Old 11-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #296
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:

My whole point was I prefer the look of my S197 over the 2010 and up , performance can be added , but the styling of a car is the main attraction to me.
Like I said Ford best take a page from Porsche and co in that department.
If the styling isn't GREAT Ford will suffer a lot in sales , FACT. Last I checked the Camaro was outselling the current mustang ....
Your whole point us moot. We are discussing turbo's and supercharger you know power add ons not the looks of our cars.

Let's get back on track guys.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #297
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
If the 2015 Mustang GT looked like this I would buy it in a heartbeat.
I definitely can feel what your saying about the next generation rumor mill renditions however let's be fair and honest. Ford will not make 100 % of us mustang enthusiasts and non enthusiasts happy and in love with the next generation stang. Ford will gain new mustang customers, Ford will loose mustang customers and Ford will keep some of the same mustang customers. That's the nature of the beast.

I'm sure each time the next generation mustang came out, you had mustang enthusiasts of the prior generation stangs not happy. I'm sure when Ford got rid of the Fox body style mustangs many of the fox body enthusiasts were all up in arms. I'm sure some die hard Fox body fans stayed with the fox body and never purchased another mustang therefore Ford lost a mustang customer. In the same token, I'm sure Ford gained customers for people who did not like the fox body.

If you like your S197 then just keep it. Don't buy the new 2015 stang. I went for my 2011 mustang because I don't care for the 09 and under body styles but that's just me. Its just personal preference and different strokes for different folks. Thank goodness were not all alike and we have different likes and dislikes.

From the most recent renditions I have seen I like the look of the next generation stang but to each there own. Lol. You posted a picture and said you would buy it if that was the 2015 mustang. You and thousands may buy that but how many thousands more wouldn't buy that. Ford is looking to increase sales. A company understands a loss in customers is always certain but as long as you gain more than you loose that's the goal and acceptable.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #298
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
I definitely can feel what your saying about the next generation rumor mill renditions however let's be fair and honest. Ford will not make 100 % of us mustang enthusiasts and non enthusiasts happy and in love with the next generation stang. Ford will gain new mustang customers, Ford will loose mustang customers and Ford will keep some of the same mustang customers. That's the nature of the beast.

I'm sure each time the next generation mustang came out, you had mustang enthusiasts of the prior generation stangs not happy. I'm sure when Ford got rid of the Fox body style mustangs many of the fox body enthusiasts were all up in arms. I'm sure some die hard Fox body fans stayed with the fox body and never purchased another mustang therefore Ford lost a mustang customer. In the same token, I'm sure Ford gained customers for people who did not like the fox body.

If you like your S197 then just keep it. Don't buy the new 2015 stang. I went for my 2011 mustang because I don't care for the 09 and under body styles but that's just me. Its just personal preference and different strokes for different folks. Thank goodness were not all alike and we have different likes and dislikes.

From the most recent renditions I have seen I like the look of the next generation stang but to each there own. Lol. You posted a picture and said you would buy it if that was the 2015 mustang. You and thousands may buy that but how many thousands more wouldn't buy that. Ford is looking to increase sales. A company understands a loss in customers is always certain but as long as you gain more than you loose that's the goal and acceptable.

I am keeping my S197 , I just don't like the direction they are heading in , perhaps they are trying to get new young buyers who are into import/euro cars.????
I'm just saying in my opinion it is the wrong direction to go , it would be sad to lose the mustang after all these years due to POOR SALES.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #299
Registered Member
Regular

Ok open a new thread if you want to keep the 15 debate going
Old 11-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #300
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok open a new thread if you want to keep the 15 debate going
+1

Anyways. Yea that never occurred to me. What are your thoughts right out the bat without knowing the numbers?
Old 11-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #301
Registered Member
Regular

A 500rwhp 3v for under 5k will never happen. The only way I would even try doing this is if you bought a roush stage 3 or Saleen spec 3 with a built bottom end in it. 500rwhp will leave any stock 3v motor wanting to spew its innards all over the road the first time you put your foot into it.

On the other hand, you can buy a Paxton blower for a coyote for $3800 from beefcake and get some used injectors and a fuel pump for another $1200 or so and then you can make 600rwhp no problem. I've seen a bunch of coyotes driving around with 600rwhp on the stock motor and it seems to me if its a manual it breaks the Trans first and if it's an auto it messes up the rear end first.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #302
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony214 View Post

+1

Anyways. Yea that never occurred to me. What are your thoughts right out the bat without knowing the numbers?
Depends on what your using your car for. 1/4 mile has showed cars to be faster with stock mani vs boss. I run the boss but my redline is also 8k. You will have a tq loss down low with the boss. But the new procharger is supposed to have power down low, like a roots/twin screw. So it may be a good option.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #303
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Depends on what your using your car for. 1/4 mile has showed cars to be faster with stock mani vs boss. I run the boss but my redline is also 8k. You will have a tq loss down low with the boss. But the new procharger is supposed to have power down low, like a roots/twin screw. So it may be a good option.
I don't know if you remember but I would like a I guess you would call it a "balanced" car. One that could perform good off the line but also good at the track. I remember reading that. Something about it turns on or kicks in around the 2000 rpm range whereas I guess other superchargers don't.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #304
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
+1 it's also supposed to have the adjustability kind of like a turbo, so you can adjust boost without swapping the pullies.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 11-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #305
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
+1 it's also supposed to have the adjustability kind of like a turbo, so you can adjust boost without swapping the pullies.
what is this new procharger model called? Sounds pretty cool
Old 11-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #306
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
A 500rwhp 3v for under 5k will never happen. The only way I would even try doing this is if you bought a roush stage 3 or Saleen spec 3 with a built bottom end in it. 500rwhp will leave any stock 3v motor wanting to spew its innards all over the road the first time you put your foot into it.

On the other hand, you can buy a Paxton blower for a coyote for $3800 from beefcake and get some used injectors and a fuel pump for another $1200 or so and then you can make 600rwhp no problem. I've seen a bunch of coyotes driving around with 600rwhp on the stock motor and it seems to me if its a manual it breaks the Trans first and if it's an auto it messes up the rear end first.

Not true , I just bought a e-force almost brand new 1000 miles on it for 3250 $ a great deal with edelbrock performance air intake , kenne bell boost a pump , 3.5 pulley , the guy did a dyno and was making 440 to 450 rwhp same car as mine.

That being said getting an extra 50 Hp out of the e-force will not be hard at all
I'll buy a 3.00 pulley that should take care of it . 500 RWHP is about the max
I would go with a stock set up engine/trans up BUT the e-force is capable of MUCH MORE. I have done a LOT of reading on this topic so I know what I'm talking about.

So 5 k or less for a 500RWHP yeah it WILL HAPPEN.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #307
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not true , I just bought a e-force almost brand new 1000 miles on it for 3250 $ a great deal with edelbrock performance air intake , kenne bell boost a pump , 3.5 pulley , the guy did a dyno and was making 440 to 450 rwhp same car as mine.

That being said getting an extra 50 Hp out of the e-force will not be hard at all
I'll buy a 3.00 pulley that should take care of it . 500 RWHP is about the max
I would go with a stock set up engine/trans up BUT the e-force is capable of MUCH MORE. I have done a LOT of reading on this topic so I know what I'm talking about.

So 5 k or less for 500RWHP yeah it WILL HAPPEN.
The eforce is a ****ty blower for the 3v. Been proven time over and over agai.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

And I your stock bottom end will say bye bye b4 long at 500 on a 3v

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

And I your stock bottom end will say bye bye b4 long at 500 on a 3v
Old 11-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #308
Registered Member
Regular

By the way 600RWHP on a 5.0 will destroy the drivetrain/motor , simple as that. It's not a matter of IF but
WHEN....
Old 11-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #309
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee20e View Post
what is this new procharger model called? Sounds pretty cool
Procharger i-1

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 11-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #310
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
By the way 600RWHP on a 5.0 will destroy the drivetrain/motor , simple as that. It's not a matter of IF but
WHEN....
No it wont. Lmfao. Im at 705 and I haven't hurt my drivetrain at all. Dont give info if you do not know anything

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

My motor went at a little over 600. But drivetrain is still strong as can be.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #311
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No it wont. Lmfao. Im at 705 and I haven't hurt my drivetrain at all. Dont give info if you do not know anything
I'm talking CONSTANT power not nitrous shots....
Old 11-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #312
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm talking CONSTANT power not nitrous shots....
I spray my car everyday. And you still do not know what your talking about.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #313
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

I fully agree with the bottom part.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #314
Registered Member
Regular

Constant power you talking about is only when boost would be at full psi also. You are not at constant power just idling. Or cruising
Old 11-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #315
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
By the way 600RWHP on a 5.0 will destroy the drivetrain/motor , simple as that. It's not a matter of IF but WHEN....
Are you talking about a stock 5.0 or one rebuilt with forged internals like what rapinator did?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT