Supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Supercharger

Is there any supercharger or turbo that would fit a 2012 5.0 but stock not upgrading anything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

A lot can be put on without upgrading a ton of stuff. No matter what supercharger you will need to upgrade your fuel system though to accommodate the extra air

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Which one will u recommend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee5.0 View Post
Which one will u recommend
how much money do you want to spend
Old 11-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Don't know yet how much are they going for
Old 11-01-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't know yet how much are they going for
www.americanmuscle.com and check them out.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:14 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Whats you goal for the car man? A lot depends on that. If I had my choice with money not a problem I would go with Ford Racing whipple kit. There are lots of other things I would be doing to the car before worrying with HP. I think building the car from ground up is the way to do it. What are your mods now? Also as I said what is your goal or plans for the car? Is it a DD and some track? All Track? Show and cruise? just depends on a lot man.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 11-02-2013, 05:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

No offense man, but you sound like a young guy who does not know much about performance cars of this type. That's ok. I would listen to some of the old heads and take some wisdom they are sharing serious. I remember you posting about gears. Gears are great but if you SC it then you will want to gear for that direction. You mention car fogging up windows when you haul ***. That may be a issue. Is the car over heating or what are you saying? In California ,where you are, the emission laws are nuts ,so you got to have that covered on how you will get by , depending on what all you are wanting to do. Just a honest thought. Spend a lot of time reading. Read and read. May want to find a few places to put info together. For sure ask and post though if you aren't sure. Good luck with the build. Gotta ask....Where is the green at besides the grill surround? What color is the interior of your car?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 11-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Is there any supercharger or turbo that would fit a 2012 5.0 but stock not upgrading anything
Get stage one Rousch supercharger. It is 50 state emissions legal and the kit comes with everything you need. Plus it has a 3yr/36,000 mile warrantee.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Get stage one Rousch supercharger. It is 50 state emissions legal and the kit comes with everything you need. Plus it has a 3yr/36,000 mile warrantee.
Stage 2 kit with roush tune is a complete turd. Not worth thd $ at all.
Old 11-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Stage 2 kit with roush tune is a complete turd. Not worth thd $ at all.
*meant to put stage 1, get the stage 2 or 3.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Agreed but if the OP live in CA the Stage II and III wont pass emissions and honestly, I don't think Roush will ship the 2 and 3 phase kits. Only phase 1.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post

Agreed but if the OP live in CA the Stage II and III wont pass emissions and honestly, I don't think Roush will ship the 2 and 3 phase kits. Only phase 1.
Yes they will its on there website.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
you can order all 3 off American muscle ?
Old 11-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

You can order off another website for much less
Old 11-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can order off another website for much less
don't forget the 7% off! 5k + $ is a nice chunk off
Old 11-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:

He can buy stage 2 or 3 but he will never pass emission in CA. Stage one if tuned properly will gain at least 575 to the crank. I would not call 155hp over stock a turd.

He should go my route. Full intake, full catback with suspension mods and aluminum drive shaft and put 125/150 shot wet kit. That would be about 600 crank hp. And would not cost any where near the $6000 for a supercharger. For a daily driver 600hp is freaking plenty!
Old 11-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You should also consider a Edelbrook E-FORCE SUPERCHARGER for your 5.0 , 559 HP , 503 TQ , impressive numbers , I just bought a E-FORCE for my 4.6 L , with the E- Force competition air intake , I'll be running around 7 to 9 psi 3.5" pulley , output will be around the same 560 HP or 440-460 RWHP , I could get more HP with a 3.25" /3.00" or 2.75" pulley at that point forged engine parts would be a MUST, anything over 450 RWHP will require this to keep the engine together , with a 2.75 pulley RWHP would be around 600 HP , but I think that will be just fine for now , I'll be installing a boost a pump for the high pressure fuel demand Kenne Bell .
Old 11-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

He can buy stage 2 or 3 but he will never pass emission in CA. Stage one if tuned properly will gain at least 575 to the crank. I would not call 155hp over stock a turd.

He should go my route. Full intake, full catback with suspension mods and aluminum drive shaft and put 125/150 shot wet kit. That would be about 600 crank hp. And would not cost any where near the $6000 for a supercharger. For a daily driver 600hp is freaking plenty!
600p crank who goes off crank man lol. Better do at least a 150. Or go home
Old 11-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
You should also consider a Edelbrook E-FORCE SUPERCHARGER for your 5.0 , 559 HP , 503 TQ , impressive numbers , I just bought a E-FORCE for my 4.6 L , with the E- Force competition air intake , I'll be running around 7 to 9 psi 3.5" pulley , output will be around the same 560 HP or 440-460 RWHP , I could get more HP with a 3.25 pulley or EVEN more with a 3.00 pulley at that point forged engine parts would be a MUST, anything over 450 RWHP will require this to keep the engine together , with a 3.00 pulley RWHP would be around 600 , but I think that will be just fine for now , I'll be installing a boost a pump for the high pressure fuel demand Kenne Bell .
You must be talking about the 4.6. I hate how they have the 4.6 in with the coyotes on here
Old 11-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You must be talking about the 4.6. I hate how they have the 4.6 in with the coyotes on here

I recommended for him to get a E FORCE SUPERCHARGER/BLOWER for his 5.0 , and mentioned my set up , DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST ??? gee some people's kids......
Old 11-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I recommended for him to get a E FORCE SUPERCHARGER/BLOWER for his 5.0 , and mentioned my set up , DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST ??? gee some peoples kids......
Kiss my ***. you read that

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

The eforce wiuld be a waste for the coyote. Its been proven b4. Its good for the 3v not the 5.0
Old 11-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
don't forget the 7% off! 5k + $ is a nice chunk off
I'm fully aware
Old 11-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

What site are we talking about here? I know Ive read your dad has a place somewhere here in nc I think, I forgot and you dont post much lol. Im about to boost too.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Here is just an example kit that they offer:
Team Hyper's Custom Roush TVS kit "The Best Special"
Old 11-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:

600p crank who goes off crank man lol. Better do at least a 150. Or go home
Typical reply from our site know it all... I mentioned a couple weeks ago you always have some smart as$ reply every day and that's why you end up in arguments.

To prove you and your comment wrong and show you, you do not pay attention to what you read. If you would have takin the time to read each and every post you would have realized I took the "calculated" rwhp of a NOS setup to give a "comparison" to the 575 crank hp the stage one Rousch puts out. Just to give the OP another option that will not break the bank.

On average a car loses about about 16% give are take, on the dyno. My friends 2013 put down 533rwhp which equates to about 635hp at the crank. He has full bolt on and a NX wet 150 shot (NX 150 shot is about 150 WHP) Now with the OP living in Cali I calculated a lower hp seeing how he can not go long tubes and high flow cats and maybe a few intake mods. Who knows? The crank hp numbers (as you so wittingly stated) "I went off" of where just for caparisons. "COMPARISONS"

FYI... I know you do not read posts close. My post stated 125/150 wet shot. Go look at it again. I did in fact mention a 150 in there. I also stated "about" 600 hp. I never commit to actual numbers when posting here. As much as you might think, in your head, that we are not as bright as you are when it comes to cars. In fact we are! You need to slow down a read a little closer before you reply.

P.S. I will not waste my time arguing with you. So go ahead and say what you will. With the right mods and that 125 "OR" 150 shot only time and the right jets will tell. The OP can reach the same, maybe more hp than the Rousch stage one. Which is the only legal 50 state emission supercharger kit Rousch makes. OP can hit those number for less money with NOS.

For the OP... If you decide to run NOS. Do it smart and safe with the wet kit.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote:

I recommended for him to get a E FORCE SUPERCHARGER/BLOWER for his 5.0 , and mentioned my set up , DID YOU EVEN READ MY POST ??? gee some people's kids......
+1,000,000 he reads them but, the comprehension is a little off.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Typical reply from our site know it all... I mentioned a couple weeks ago you always have some smart as$ reply every day and that's why you end up in arguments.

To prove you and your comment wrong and show you, you do not pay attention to what you read. If you would have takin the time to read each and every post you would have realized I took the "calculated" rwhp of a NOS setup to give a "comparison" to the 575 crank hp the stage one Rousch puts out. Just to give the OP another option that will not break the bank.

On average a car loses about about 16% give are take, on the dyno. My friends 2013 put down 533rwhp which equates to about 635hp at the crank. He has full bolt on and a NX wet 150 shot (NX 150 shot is about 150 WHP) Now with the OP living in Cali I calculated a lower hp seeing how he can not go long tubes and high flow cats and maybe a few intake mods. Who knows? The crank hp numbers (as you so wittingly stated) "I went off" of where just for caparisons. "COMPARISONS"

FYI... I know you do not read posts close. My post stated 125/150 wet shot. Go look at it again. I did in fact mention a 150 in there. I also stated "about" 600 hp. I never commit to actual numbers when posting here. As much as you might think, in your head, that we are not as bright as you are when it comes to cars. In fact we are! You need to slow down a read a little closer before you reply.

P.S. I will not waste my time arguing with you. So go ahead and say what you will. With the right mods and that 125 "OR" 150 shot only time and the right jets will tell. The OP can reach the same, maybe more hp than the Rousch stage one. Which is the only legal 50 state emission supercharger kit Rousch makes. OP can hit those number for less money with NOS.

For the OP... If you decide to run NOS. Do it smart and safe with the wet kit.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

+1,000,000 he reads them but, the comprehension is a little off.
Well keep your slow *** 5.0 with your little baby shot. I spray as much as you make pretty much. So touché
Old 11-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Do not buy the eforce. It is the worst investment I have ever made. I wish I had left my car stock.

What a nightmare and it still isn't right. The purchase is in dispute as I write this post.

My hope is that they will simply take it back and give me a refund.

This kit is of the poorest quality and design I have ever seen.

My opinion, based on a real life experience.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Your not to bright yourself bud. Bc NOS is a brand. Nitrous is what its called. Typical person running a baby shot thinking they know everything about it
Old 11-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:

Well keep your slow *** 5.0 with your little baby shot. I spray as much as you make pretty much. So touché
I remember stating that you comment on my car this and my car that.

You replied back and said you do not.

Well interesting, WTF is this reply stating. Is it stating you have big b@lls or a little d1ck?

It is called reading and comprehension. It's not my car with the baby shot as you so wittingly put it. It was my friends 5.0 i mentioned.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I remember stating that you comment on my car this and my car that.

You replied back and said you do not.

Well interesting, WTF is this reply stating. Is it stating you have big b@lls or a little d1ck?

It is called reading and comprehension. It's not my car with the baby shot as you so wittingly put it. It was my friends 5.0 i mentioned.
Well my big balls or little dick as you call got me 2 little girls. So they work fine for me
Old 11-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #32
Road Trip!

Quote:
Your not to bright yourself bud. Bc NOS is a brand. Nitrous is what its called. Typical person running a baby shot thinking they know everything about it
I think I will pull a page from your book.

When talking about nitrous in cars. who actually says nitrous we all say NOS. sorry making the letters capital confused you. Next time I will type in like this nos. Better?
Old 11-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Kiss my ***. you read that

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

The eforce wiuld be a waste for the coyote. Its been proven b4. Its good for the 3v not the 5.0
Why would not ( wiuld ) the E- FORCE SUPERCHARGER be a waste for the 5.0 yes it's good for the 3 V but it will also work great for the 5.0.

Edelbrock is in a good spot with its Coyote blower. The performance is certainly there with surprisingly low boost. While there is an argument pitting the Eaton TVS against the Lysholm screw in heat efficiency, at the single-digit boost levels the Edelbrock-Coyote responds to so well on the street the argument is likely academic, but at 15 psi or more another technology might have the advantage.

What is a clear advantage for the Eaton TVS is less expensive manufacturing, which reflects in the Edelbrock Coyote kit’s “approximately $6,500 retail” price as quoted by Edelbrock. Now, pricing is always a minefield, and Edelbrock has many dealers, including the aggressive major mail-order houses, so actual sales prices could well be lower. Edelbrock noted the Coyote blower would likely be slightly less expensive than its Three-Valve because the Coyote deletes the Three-Valve’s cosmetic coil covers and unnecessary-with-the-Coyote-throttle body upgrade. Given the Coyote kit’s completeness, handsome finish, and Q9000-quality internals, that’s good speed for the money. 5.0 .
Old 11-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:

Well my big balls or little dick as you call got me 2 little girls. So they work fine for me
Sorry to hear that. poor kids.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sorry to hear that. poor kids.
Hey bud **** YOU. IN YOUR PUNK ***

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Shows what kind of piece of **** your *** is to say something like that about my kids. So I will say it again **** YOU
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT