Quick Borla Catback Question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Louisiana
Quick Borla Catback Question

Hey guys, i currently have borla s-type axel backs on my 2013 gt/cs. Ive been looking into turning it into a catback system by buying the over axel pipes and x-pipe from borla.

Im hoping to get a little more volume from adding this, does anyone have any experience in this?

Also im wondering if the borla over axel pipes are worth the $300+ theyre asking for them because essentially all they do is eliminate the resonators right?

Just wondering if anyone knows about these products particularly. Thanks everyone!

2013 Performance White GT/CS - Borla S-Type - Redline Hood Struts - Wincos Tint - Next Up: Full Suspension

Borla Exhaust Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eZpnBuQiag

GT500 Muffler sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkGKwxQkTc8
Filth and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:35 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: California
I have an off road H and I just put on dynomax bullets. Sound is good, deep and loud. I get more HP too

JayblesStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Indiana
Not having done my exhaust yet , but from reading and listening to more videos than I can remember, yes you will get an increased volume with the resonators deleted and with the X- pipe you'll increase flow and get a louder but slightly different sound. More raspy than throaty. A ton of people love the sound but I'm not personally a huge fan. I'm leaning towards the JBA after cat H-pipe. I won't get the flow that an X pipe offers but I like the deeper rumble ,so it's a fair trade off.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
Registered Member
Region: New Jersey
I thought of getting the over the axle pipes, but I ended up deleting the resonators. I also have Borla S type axlebacks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1059529127.png
Views:	119
Size:	1.99 MB
ID:	135775  
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Registered Member
Region: North Carolina
I have the entire "S" catback with X and it is best exhaust I have heard on these Coyotes. Now if you go Catless that's a whole other nightmare and will turn it to **** for sound.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT