Steeda X-pipe and Roush Axle Backs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Steeda X-pipe and Roush Axle Backs

Hey everyone, just checking to see if anyone has this combination on their car... I have Roush AB's already and have been thinking about getting a new Mid pipe. My car is a DD, so I want to keep it catted for now. I was thinking of to was but the first would be cheaper, just unsure what it will sound like.

First keep the Roush AB's and add a catted X-pipe, I found a Steeda high flow catted X-pipe for 550... like I said not sure how it will sound so if anyone has this setup let me know how it sounds or if you know a good catted mid pipe that will be good with my Roush AB's.

2nd choice but maybe late on, is by the Borla ATAK or S-Type cat back and leave the stock cats.. than try to sell my Roush axle backs... what would be a good price to sell them for?

Thanks everyone in advance.
thecos54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecos54 View Post
Hey everyone, just checking to see if anyone has this combination on their car... I have Roush AB's already and have been thinking about getting a new Mid pipe. My car is a DD, so I want to keep it catted for now. I was thinking of to was but the first would be cheaper, just unsure what it will sound like.

First keep the Roush AB's and add a catted X-pipe, I found a Steeda high flow catted X-pipe for 550... like I said not sure how it will sound so if anyone has this setup let me know how it sounds or if you know a good catted mid pipe that will be good with my Roush AB's.

2nd choice but maybe late on, is by the Borla ATAK or S-Type cat back and leave the stock cats.. than try to sell my Roush axle backs... what would be a good price to sell them for?

Thanks everyone in advance.
Your best bet is buying the S-types. They do sound a bit better than the roush mufflers in the lower rpms and are more quiet at speed. The S-types respond really well to other exhaust modifications and the roush does not. A aftermarket catted X will change your sound a little bit but not your volume. It will smooth it out and take away from some of that raspy popping sound. I know this because I had a pypes after cat-x. I didn't like the x-pipe so I sold that and got a JBA after cat H-pipe and it made it even more "muscle sounding" and when you are in the high rpms she screams. I decided I wanted even more volume to attract even more attention to myself and deleted the resonators. Added a decent amount of volume and brought back the original raspy "race car" feel of the roush exhaust, but the larger H-pipe made a hollow muscle car sound also so together it sounds great. Only bad thing is that it's already really loud and sets off car alarms in the parking lots and I still have cats!

You could get an easy $300 for the roush on Craigslist or local sale. You'll never get that much for them on here though.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Thanks for the info, so would it be fine to just get an after cat x or h pipe with the Roush AB's? What will be the benefits of each, mostly sound, volume and power if any? I've seen plenty of after cat mid pipes, just thought of I'm changing the mid pipe I should change to high flow cats... (harder to find)... I know Borla leaves the stock cats in.. or that's how it looks on AM. I think I'd go with the Borla, even though I like my Roush AB's... Just hard to know with out hearing them.
thecos54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I had to pull my Roush mufflers after adding my longtubes with catted x-pipe...obnoxiously loud, and not a pleasant tone. I tried a few different ones, and wound up going with the GT500 mufflers, they sound great when I get on it, but don't get me into trouble with the Po-Po like my Roush ones did at lower cruising speeds...
Grey 2011 GT Brembo, 3.73, ARH LT headers, catted x-pipe, Borla GT500 A/B, JLT cf CAI, MGW shifter, SCT, tuned, Boss oil cooler, Ford Racing springs & adj shocks, GT500 strut mounts, Steeda adj panhard/upper & lower arms. Roush 18x10" wheels with PS2 fronts, R888 305's rear. Eibach GT500 adj swaybars, Boss IM/Strut bar/steering wheel, Ford Racing 90mm TB, GT500 wing, BMR relo brackets, DSS aluminum driveshaft, Cervini Cobra R hood, 2014 GT500 headlight & rear end retrofit...
Matt K is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT