Roush Stage 3 Mustang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Roush Stage 3 Mustang

What does everyone think about this package as a whole?

I know some of you may disagree with the badges and all that, but I love the look and the performance upgrades. There are some things here and there that I'd change once it's all said and done, but I'd love to ride around in one of these.

Also, how long do you think Roush would offer the package for 2013s? Do they halt package production and offers after a few years? Because that would suck to save all that money and realize last minute that I can't do it anymore.
Please dear God, protect my sweet ride.

2013 California Specil GT "Tater"
jdemK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Personally I have always like what Roush does to the Mustangs with performance and aesthetics. If you wanna go stage 3 I would say do it. I know I am looking into getting Roush products in the future. As for availability, I'm sure they'll be around for a long while for the 13's.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I've sold and installed plenty of these kits myself. Stellar kit and the HP potential is pretty good, right around 850 to the crank.... more than your stock block could handle. They'll be around for awhile.
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdemK View Post
What does everyone think about this package as a whole? I know some of you may disagree with the badges and all that, but I love the look and the performance upgrades. There are some things here and there that I'd change once it's all said and done, but I'd love to ride around in one of these. Also, how long do you think Roush would offer the package for 2013s? Do they halt package production and offers after a few years? Because that would suck to save all that money and realize last minute that I can't do it anymore.
If you are just looking to install the Stage 3 kit yourself or have a shop do it, Roush will continue making the kit for another couple of years at least...it fits the 2014 as well. If you are looking to get the Roush build plate signifying its a 2013 Roush-built Stage 3, they've already stopped 2013 production for Mustangs.

I say go for it, or buy a 2014 Stage 3...but I'm a little biased
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for the input. Yea regardless of the duration of the full on kit itself, all the parts are available in the aftermarket. Besides, the phase 3 RS3 is like $90k!

Old 11-14-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for the input. Yea regardless of the duration of the full on kit itself, all the parts are available in the aftermarket. Besides, the phase 3 RS3 is like $90k!
I think $90k is too high...you can get an Aluminator Stage 3 (Phase 1) in the upper 50's lower 60's...then it's only another $1500 for the kit to upgrade to Phase 3.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yea it's way too high. And honestly, 60k for a glorified GT doesn't do it for me. I'd go for the Shelby in that case. However, I was just talking about sending my car to have it done (thinking it'd be similar to sending your car to Shelby American and whatnot). Regardless, I want the Phase 3 blower. I'm still educating myself on SCs since I'm a long ways off from getting one, but yea. KB seems pretty outstanding (the fact that the SuperSnake utilizes it helps).

Lastly, I feel like Roush should go with a Stalker type hood instead of just taping a faux hoodscoop on. I mean, for that much money, why not?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush View Post
I think $90k is too high...you can get an Aluminator Stage 3 (Phase 1) in the upper 50's lower 60's...then it's only another $1500 for the kit to upgrade to Phase 3.
14rs3roush, your set up rocks. I'd definitely go for the black and red as well.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:03 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks. But what are you looking to do to your car?

Do you want the body kit, or are you wanting the Phase 3 upgrade to your motor? Or...both?

Based on your responses I'm not sure anymore

---------- Post added at 06:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

And I would say your selling the Roush short if you think a Stage 3 is only a "glorified" GT...you need to drive one to appreciate the difference. The GT500 has the HP, but no where close to the handling of the RS3.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I wouldn't say that it's so much a glorified GT. I'll go ahead and rescind that statement

Well, the first thing that turned me toward roush was the exhaust. Then the wheels; I love the chrome roush wheels. The RS3 interests me for the fact that it's a specialty. Sue me, but I think it's pretty cool to have a car that's decked out from a specific company. But I ALSO like the fact that I can get whatever I want and put it on my car. I have nothing against mixing brands, as there's no way to avoid it. I just plain love the look of the RS3!

As far as what I want to do: pick up some of the visual mods from Roush and put on a Phase 3 blower.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

And not the full body kit. Maybe the rocker panel and rear valence with the roush square tips. But I also like RTR so I'm not sure.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Oh yea it's way too high. And honestly, 60k for a glorified GT doesn't do it for me. I'd go for the Shelby in that case. However, I was just talking about sending my car to have it done (thinking it'd be similar to sending your car to Shelby American and whatnot). Regardless, I want the Phase 3 blower. I'm still educating myself on SCs since I'm a long ways off from getting one, but yea. KB seems pretty outstanding (the fact that the SuperSnake utilizes it helps).

Lastly, I feel like Roush should go with a Stalker type hood instead of just taping a faux hoodscoop on. I mean, for that much money, why not?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

14rs3roush, your set up rocks. I'd definitely go for the black and red as well.
But, the Shelby is built on the same assembly line as the GT. The Shelby factory never touches the car. Ford was given the right to stick the name on the car.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I know? What are you getting at? when I saw Shelby American, I'm talking about getting a built SuperSnake or Shelby 1000. Not factory.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know? What are you getting at? when I saw Shelby American, I'm talking about getting a built SuperSnake or Shelby 1000. Not factory.
*say

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT