TracPac Q - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
TracPac Q

First off, yes, I have searched...for over an hour.

I have read about the diffs of a Brembo car, which I am under the understanding that is the same as a TracPac car?! Then I read only in 11/12. Do the 13/14 tracPac cars differ from the Brembo or 11/12 TP cars? Does my '14 have the basic GT front and rear anti sway bars? Does it have a Boss oil pan to go with its cooler? Stainless brake lines (on the road and can't see it)? Struts and springs?
The reason for the question is I am upgrading suspension and other track beneficial items and hate to throw away good equipment. Originally was thinking leaving struts and sway bars when suspension is done. And adding the less slosh oil pan and ss lines. Btw, according to the brembo site, 11/12s have gt500 lca...mine doesn't, unless it does have the 11/12 gt500 lca...assuming the 13/14s differ.
Hmmmmm.
Any help would be most appreciated!
Troy

Old 11-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getn off View Post
First off, yes, I have searched...for over an hour.

I have read about the diffs of a Brembo car, which I am under the understanding that is the same as a TracPac car?! Then I read only in 11/12. Do the 13/14 tracPac cars differ from the Brembo or 11/12 TP cars? Does my '14 have the basic GT front and rear anti sway bars? Does it have a Boss oil pan to go with its cooler? Stainless brake lines (on the road and can't see it)? Struts and springs?
The reason for the question is I am upgrading suspension and other track beneficial items and hate to throw away good equipment. Originally was thinking leaving struts and sway bars when suspension is done. And adding the less slosh oil pan and ss lines. Btw, according to the brembo site, 11/12s have gt500 lca...mine doesn't, unless it does have the 11/12 gt500 lca...assuming the 13/14s differ.
Hmmmmm.
Any help would be most appreciated!
Troy
What package is your car? Yes there is some differences. What type LCA's you have from factory if it is a loaded package. Make it a little more clear if you can.
If you are trying to stick to best option OEM type LCA's.....I have a set off my 2012 that come off around 2800 to 4800 miles. They are the GT500 set like you may see on AM or other places. They are not that pricey. I would sell mine for a good price if you want them
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry. I have a '14 GT TracPac with Recaros.
I looked under the car because I read that the LCAs are the Ford Racing ones, but they do not look the same. Mine have the e brake cable winding through the center of the LCAs and it only has 1 oval hole, not 2. Makes me believe it is indeed, not a GT500 style. If I can verify this, I might take u up on the offer. More research is def needed.
Curious about the rest too.
Troy

Old 11-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'm headed to bed, but you can get the ford part number off one and find out what you have. I'd have to see a pic. The cable going thru is not unusual even with the GT500's. Did you buy car the new or used?
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 11-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Bought it new 2 weeks ago. I will have to crawl under and get a part number when I get back in town.
Troy
Old 11-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
All BBP and TP cars come with the standard GT500 rear LCA, full stop. The bars are all the same for all GTs. The shocks and springs are different from the BBP and TP cars to the regular GT.

Main diffs between BBP and TP are additional cooling, oil, rad, diff cover and the Torsen rear diff.

A little known feature is late-model MT '14s built past 07 can purchase a track key feature like the old Boss, coming to a Ford store near you soon.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Here's a few photos from underneath my 13 Gt Prem. Trac-Pack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3251531842.png
Views:	232
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	136582   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2870384203.png
Views:	235
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	136583  

Name:	image-1321496180.png
Views:	243
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	136584   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-344246584.png
Views:	236
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	136585  

FlGtPrem013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, that is the same LCA that I have, which doesn't look like gt500 dual hole one.
Guess I need to crawl under a base GT at a dlr lot next...unless someone has a reg GT that has pics of their oem LCa's!
Looks like sways r in my future too! It's only money. Would just spend it on blow and hookers anyway. Lol
Troy
Old 11-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

They are the GT500 LCA's. If you are looking to upgrade susp. you will need to replace everything. The GT500 are not saying much when it comes to good LCA's. All OEM stuff is gonna be softer bushing's and etc. for cushy ride. Figure what your goal is for the car and then you will know what you need or help be giving on good aftermarket susp. parts. Building from the ground up is the way to do it right.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:05 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The ones here sure look similar, but def not identical. This is what the confusion is. Compare this with the one posted above.
As for ground up. My plan is a full replacement of everything that will give a benefit to handling in a road course. No need to replace items that were same, or better, than aftermarket items I am purchasing. Ie, sway bars and (possible) gt500LCA's, and struts. Looks like springs, uca, lca's, adjustable panhard, larger anti sway bars, and adjustable camber plates, and tires are on the list. Probably adding brake cooling ducts, tranny cooler scoop and ss brake lines also....and possibly boss oil pan, if mine is only base gt pan (yet to be determined).
Thanks for the help guys. New to this site and seems to be a pretty good knowledge base here without too many asshats!
Troy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	388.5 KB
ID:	136660  
Old 11-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
12 gt prem no tracpak. I'm lowered so couldn't get great pics. But here is 4.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3809003699.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	480.5 KB
ID:	136664   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2455296782.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	404.9 KB
ID:	136665  

Name:	image-3787624117.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	383.2 KB
ID:	136666   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1371221331.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	415.0 KB
ID:	136667  

Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

The look can vary like that. The numbers on your arms clear the whole thing. I have mine here if you want to see a pic and have one hole and the part number stamped on it is the same as part #'s you will find looking up GT500 OEM LCA's. If you want to road course or any performance, GT500 arms are not what you want.
If you are serious road course driver any got the money I would buy METCO for some stuff.JMO.....There is lots of good stuff. I am buying the METCO UCA/UCM black Friday or cyber Monday and putting this 1-piece alum. DS that's be laying here a good 6 to 8 weeks.
There are lots of good susp. companies. I can name 10 off the top of my head who make top notch stuff. Some of the companies you will not see there products at a lot of mustang aftermarket sites, but they are out there and are making good stuff.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thx T. So it looks like mine, only a diff color.... Like in flgts pics.
Think I will just go ahead and replace with the BMRs with poly. They def look more stout.
Troy
Old 11-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. After talking with y'all and some research and help. I need to go ahead and order mine with some relocation brackets.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Again, great help guys. Thanks.
Troy
Old 11-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Brembo50.com will explain all the options of a track pack car. There are a lot of suspension pieces that Ford doesn't divulge.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I wouldn't put relo brackets on a currently non-lowered car. it'll negatively affect handling and braking and you can get the better traction and reduced wheel hop with an upper control arm and or lower control arms.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
I wouldn't put relo brackets on a currently non-lowered car. it'll negatively affect handling and braking and you can get the better traction and reduced wheel hop with an upper control arm and or lower control arms.
Me??
Old 11-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
All BBP and TP cars come with the standard GT500 rear LCA, full stop. The bars are all the same for all GTs. The shocks and springs are different from the BBP and TP cars to the regular GT.

Main diffs between BBP and TP are additional cooling, oil, rad, diff cover and the Torsen rear diff.

A little known feature is late-model MT '14s built past 07 can purchase a track key feature like the old Boss, coming to a Ford store near you soon.
Track Key feature??? What will it do? Same as the Boss?

Like this info on the Boss Key.
The TracKey PCM software, installed by an authorized Ford racing dealer after a customer takes delivery of the car, adjusts variable cam timing, spark maps, engine braking, fuel control and other engine parameters – more than 200 in total – to provide a complete race car calibration. The result is an aggressive, race-bred driving experience all the way down to the lopey idle rumbling through the Boss quad exhaust.

"Anything that could possibly affect all-out performance is deleted from the TracKey calibration," said Dave Pericak, Mustang chief engineer. "Throttle limiting and torque management – any daily driveability enhancements are removed and replaced with a pure Ford Racing competition calibration."
todcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

From AllFordMustangs forum (3 days ago):

IMPORTANT UPDATE ON THE GT TRACK KEY

I just spoke with Ford Racing. The gentlemen I spoke to said the 7/1/14 date is not correct. It will work on late model 2013 and all 2014 GTs with manual transmissions.

It's function (ability to work) is related to the updated instrument cluster.

A release date is not clear at this point, as it is in development. He would not give me a date.

The price should be the same as the Track Key for the Boss 302...which is $302

WooHoo I'm in!!!

Feel free to call for more info 800.367.3788, choose option two for the Ford Racing department.

5LHO, My question is, what's an updated instrument cluster? I did not buy a premium coupe this time. I have a 2014 GT base coupe, MT-82 and Track Package as the car's only added option. I'd love to add Track Key when it becomes available, if my car qualifies.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
2014 MUSTANG GT TRACK KEY
Griswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I also bought the base. Just TrackPac and tech package. Interesting that Just last week I flew from NH to Baltimore to find the exact Grey car I wanted from Apple Ford and here they are with an advertisement in your post.

I will call Ford Racing today as I have a Tune on the way from them and may need to send it back. Already added the K&N filter and GT500 axle back.

My first Mustang and it is intoxicating.

Tod
Old 11-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by todcp View Post
I also bought the base. Just TrackPac and tech package. Interesting that Just last week I flew from NH to Baltimore to find the exact Grey car I wanted from Apple Ford and here they are with an advertisement in your post.

I will call Ford Racing today as I have a Tune on the way from them and may need to send it back. Already added the K&N filter and GT500 axle back.

My first Mustang and it is intoxicating.

Tod
My '07 GT premium had all the bells and whistles. I'll be 59 soon and I'm just interested in the raw power and getting back into a manual tranny car, with the extras the Track Package offered. Hell, I still use a dumbphone. But, I'm really anxious to read the facts on when this Track Key will become available and if it can be used on my (April build) car as well.

Yeah, these new Mustangs are the berries! I'll never get tired of mine.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I am 62 and a former track day instructor and SCCA racer. This is my latest toy and first time with anything with this kind of power. (excluding my M/C's). I have to download more Beach Boys tunes.

Update on the Track Key. I spoke with Tech Support at Ford Racing Parts this morning. Ray Herron confirmed the key is coming but likely not till early next year. And yes the car build date is important. My build was 8/20/13 and is good to go. Base and Premium packages will work.

What does not work is the ProCal tune I just had delivered this morning. The TracKey will override the ProCal tune. So I will install the ProCal tune for now and send the unit back for the $75 dollar buy back program to offset some of my loss.

Tod
Old 11-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

That new key will only work on cars built after 7-1-2013 with manual Trans. Just called Ford.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlGtPrem013 View Post
That new key will only work on cars built after 7-1-2013 with manual Trans. Just called Ford.
I hate to hear that. Now, I'd like to find out what was updated or changed to lock the earlier built 2014's out of this option.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

The tech stated the PCM's had been updated and few other sensors had been changed. So it's not just up dated tune. Yeah when I heard about it, I had already told wife that's the gift to get.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Now for the $100,000 question...would this be a better tune than a Bama tune? About to order a Bama, but if this is better.... Hmmm. Gotta research this more.
Troy
Old 11-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

This might help, a little more info.

2014 MUSTANG GT TRACK KEY -- M-14204-MGTTKA
COMING SOON!

Fits 2014 Mustang GT Manual Transmission Cars Produced After 7/1/2013 Only

How do I purchase and activate the Track Key Software?
Purchase this item for the Track Key and software license on our website.
We will send the Track Key, software license form, and dealer installation paperwork to you
Take your 2014 Mustang GT Manual Transmission car, both keys, and the Track Key flash paperwork to your preferred Ford or Lincoln dealer. You do not have to take it to the dealer that sold you the car. Any Ford or Lincoln dealer can complete the installation.
The dealer will take the Track Key paperwork you give them and use it to re-flash your car with their IDS diagnostic tools using the voucher ID for the software license and dealer instructions we sent you. Ford recommends that you be charged about 1 hour for labor but some dealers charge for more time than others. The dealer is instructed in the paperwork to contact the Tech Center to register the installation with Ford for your vehicle's warranty records.
Pick-up your car and enjoy. The set of customer instructions that we send you as part of the paperwork are to be retained by you for reference on how to use the various Track Key features.

Track Key Warranty Details
INSTALLATION AND USAGE SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT VOID THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY

Track Key is a 50 state emission legal aftermarket engine performance software upgrade for the 2014 Mustang GT. It is not compatible with any other model year vehicle.

Track Key must be installed exclusively through US and Canadian Ford and Lincoln Dealers. Special equipment and training is required to install the Track Key software.

Recommended Installation/Labor Time: 1 hour. (Some dealers charge more than others)

Track Key has been designed to optimize your 2014 Mustang GT Manual Transmission car for track use and uses many of the same software algorithms and features employed in some of our Ford Racing turn-key race cars, such as the Boss 302R, Boss 302S, and Cobra Jet. In addition, Track Key also allows you to maintain the smooth driveability of the production car just by switching ignition keys.

Whenever the Track Key is used to start the vehicle, many engine control characteristics are changed to be more suitable for track use. These include:

Twin Independent Variable Cam Timing (TiVCT)
Engine braking
Ignition timing
Wide-Open Throttle fueling
Accelerator pedal map
Idle speed
Throttle response
In addition, the following Ford Racing unique features are added to the vehicle abilities when the Track Key is used:

Driver adjustable Launch Control, or "2-step engine speed limiting"
Driver adjustable Pit Lane Speed Control
Lopey idle (idle is as lopey as possible while still being 50 state emissions legal)
Its simple: You hold two keys: Either will start your 2014 Mustang GT. Slide the first one into the lock cylinder, give it a twist and youre treated to your stock driving setup. Or choose the Track Key and you have a track-ready car.
"From an engine management standpoint, Ford Racing has done just about everything possible to give Track Key users a full race car experience," explains Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer. "Its not intended for use on the street for example, the deceleration is set up to preserve the brakes, and the throttle response is very aggressive. A skilled driver on a closed course will really appreciate the benefits."

As part of the Track Key software package, Ford engineers also devised a launch control feature similar to that used on the Cobra Jet race car. Using a combination of steering wheel buttons, drivers can set the tachometer needle to a desired launch rpm. Floor the throttle and the engine will rev to the preset rpm until the clutch is released, helping aid acceleration and vehicle control from a standing start.

One key, hundreds of changes
Track Key introduces the concept known as the dual-path powertrain control module. The industry-first, patent-pending innovation allows two separate sets of engine management software to exist on a single PCM, selected through the existing SecuriLock Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) transceiver found in current production keys.

The Track Key PCM software, installed by an authorized Ford dealer after a customer takes delivery of the car, adjusts variable cam timing, spark maps, engine braking, fuel control, throttle response and other engine parameters more than 600 in total to provide a complete race car calibration. The result is an aggressive, race-bred driving experience all the way down to the lopey idle rumbling the exhaust. It is not compatible to any other model year Mustang.

"Anything that could possibly affect all-out performance is deleted from the Track Key calibration," said Dave Pericak, Mustang chief engineer. "Throttle limiting and torque management and any daily drivability enhancements are removed and replaced with a pure Ford Racing competition calibration."

When Track Key is removed and the vehicle is started with the standard key, the PCM settings are automatically drawn from the factory Mustang GT instruction set again without any additional modifications needed a huge advantage over aftermarket tuning chips and ECU reprogramming. The convenience is useful for enthusiasts who want all-out performance at the racetrack but stock drivability for their everyday driving.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT