Finally pulled the trigger on a tune.. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Good advice. Thanks. I talked to steeda today and told them to go with the 93 Octane.... But i can always call and request them to send me 91 and 89 tunes as well correct? Since i have free tuning for life. Also, i know you can only have 3 tunes on the SCT at a time, so do i just keep the others stored on my laptop? And transfer back and forth as needed?
Not positive, but I think the tuners now hold 10 tunes.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Not positive, but I think the tuners now hold 10 tunes.
Oh nice! You're right, i just checked. It does hold up to 10 tunes.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Good advice. Thanks. I talked to steeda today and told them to go with the 93 Octane.... But i can always call and request them to send me 91 and 89 tunes as well correct? Since i have free tuning for life. Also, i know you can only have 3 tunes on the SCT at a time, so do i just keep the others stored on my laptop? And transfer back and forth as needed?
No problem. I'm with Bama Performance, not Steeda, can't help you there man. You can actually store up to 10 different tunes on an SCT tuner.

Last thing ab gas - if you don't use TTG (top tier gasoline) retailers I'd recommend you to look into it. I personally use Shell's "V-Power," their 93 octane gasoline. It contains additives (detergents) that keep your engine clean and the gas in general burns more efficiently than cheap off-brand gasoline (not to mention off-brand retailers may not even clean their pumps, resulting in dirt etc. getting into the gas).

Top Tier Gasoline
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Stangz View Post

No problem. I'm with Bama Performance, not Steeda, can't help you there man. You can actually store up to 10 different tunes on an SCT tuner.

Last thing ab gas - if you don't use TTG (top tier gasoline) retailers I'd recommend you to look into it. I personally use Shell's "V-Power," their 93 octane gasoline. It contains additives (detergents) that keep your engine clean and the gas in general burns more efficiently than cheap off-brand gasoline (not to mention off-brand retailers may not even clean their pumps, resulting in dirt etc. getting into the gas).

Top Tier Gasoline
Nice. Ive never seen that list, although I've always used name brand stations my whole life. Exxon 75% of the time, since one is right next to my work, and i WAS using Sunoco the other 25% since there is one by my home... Kinda surprised not to so them on list. Especially since they do all this advertising for NASCAR. Ill stay away from them now though.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 11-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The first time you plug your tuner into into you car it loads the stock tune into it and marries to the car. It will hold up to 10 tunes and you probably will not need that many at a time so you should not need to save tunes on your laptop. We will provide a higher octane tune and a lower octane tune so if you can not get 93 octane you can load in the lower octane tune and fill up and be on your way.
steedamatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by steedamatt View Post
The first time you plug your tuner into into you car it loads the stock tune into it and marries to the car. It will hold up to 10 tunes and you probably will not need that many at a time so you should not need to save tunes on your laptop. We will provide a higher octane tune and a lower octane tune so if you can not get 93 octane you can load in the lower octane tune and fill up and be on your way.
Thanks matt! How many tunes do you send originally? Just the 2?
Old 11-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

No problem! Yes you will get the 2 tunes one higher octane and one lower octane. Then as you upgrade let us know and with the tunes for life program we will send out an updated tune.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No problem! Yes you will get the 2 tunes one higher octane and one lower octane. Then as you upgrade let us know and with the tunes for life program we will send out an updated tune.
Sounds good! Does steeda have different versions of the ocatane tunes? For instance, bama has the race, and hybrid tunes... Does steeda do the same?

Probably more questions i should have asked before ordering, but i had heard such great things my mind was already made up.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Everything was delivered today. Cant wait to get off work, go home, and load it!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Everything was delivered today. Cant wait to get off work, go home, and load it!
what time do you get off. You got that puppy loaded yet.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Wow. What a difference. The throttle response is SOOO much more crisp and precise... The predal feels like the trottle on my bike now. One little blip, and it wants to GO. Definitely feel the extra power to, especially down low, and a bit up top. Even with my suspension mods, and 285s on the rear, i couldn't keep the rear from breaking loose. And this is the warmest day we've had in a few weeks. Idling is perfect, exactly where it was stock. Could not be happier with steeda right now. I do however still feel a slight dip midrange in the powerband, so im gonna do some datalogging on Sunday just to double check everything.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
what time do you get off. You got that puppy loaded yet.
Hahaha you just beat my post! Just got done with the test drive

PS thanks again for all the help everyone! Im sure ill have some more questions on Sunday when i start to log! haha

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Also, matt, i only received one tune on the programmer. Just the 93R, is there anyway you could email me the 2nd?
Old 11-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good brother. Glad you didn't have any problems.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sounds good brother. Glad you didn't have any problems.
Thanks man!
Old 11-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #49
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
who are you steedamatt?
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

One question... Ive noticed after driving it around for a bit the fans are almost ALWAYS on... This is at 9pm what at night, alone on the road, in 45 degree weather. Is that normal, or done intentionally to keep the operating temps down?
Old 11-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
One question... Ive noticed after driving it around for a bit the fans are almost ALWAYS on... This is at 9pm what at night, alone on the road, in 45 degree weather. Is that normal, or done intentionally to keep the operating temps down?
No clue...... Bump to the top so someone can answer.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Haha for sure. I believe I've read your previous threads/posts about that. Rule #1 dont unplug while downloading Rule #2 Always return to stock before updated firmware Rule #3 always return to stock before changing tunes Any other tips?
Yea, keep the tuner in your trunk in case you have to use low octane gas. If others haven't said this already.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No clue...... Bump to the top so someone can answer.
Thanks man. Hopefully someone will chime in. Worst case, ill call steeda tomorrow morning, or Monday. Dont see how it will hurt anything in the meantime
Old 11-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ah! I noticed this on my GT too while I was Bama tuned. I'm very curious myself ab this...
Old 11-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

steedamatt is Matt Henschke, I work at Steeda sales and tech support. I will get with the tuner and look into the midrange and fans you were talking about. Evil04gt pm me your info so I can look up your info and get you the other tune. Any other questions let me know.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Yes the fans will be on a lot more to keep the car cool in order to run more timing. As for the loss in midrange power we have not seen that yet, only with a boss manifold. If you want to send in a datalog you are more then welcome.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes the fans will be on a lot more to keep the car cool in order to run more timing. As for the loss in midrange power we have not seen that yet, only with a boss manifold. If you want to send in a datalog you are more then welcome.
Thanks matt. I guess maybe the car was adjusting when i first loaded the tune. Running perfect now. Pulls hard all the way through the powerband. Thanks for checking on the fan issue as well, just wanted to make sure its normal.

I'll PM you with my info to get the lower octane tune.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

No problem, if you need anything else let me know.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Im just glad you didn't get a tune from China... I mean American Muscle.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Hahaha. Yeah i wasnt sold on the bama tunes. Dont know if i trust them all to much. Figured Steeda could obviously be trusted since they actually build cars for Ford, and use these very same tunes.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Lmao
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
chinese people know they're muscle cars these days
Old 11-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not sure why you guys are giving Bama so much hate, 2011 Kona Blue did a comparison thread a while back and the results aren't much different.

Steeda, MPT, Bama, Dyno results in
Old 11-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm not sure why you guys are giving Bama so much hate, 2011 Kona Blue did a comparison thread a while back and the results aren't much different.

No they aren't. But a dyno doesnt show you HOW that power was made.

Im not hating on bama at all, i just prefer a company that has been around much longer, and has closer ties with Ford.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
What's wrong with an Obama tune?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
chinese people know they're muscle cars these days
No they don't. Run along 2V boy.
Quote:

Dyno numbers mean jack shiit.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Lmao you hear that koolpwny? Better run from the big, bad all high and mighty 5OH, UH OHHHH hahahaha
Old 11-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #67
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8pony View Post
Lmao you hear that koolpwny? Better run from the big, bad all high and mighty 5OH, UH OHHHH hahahaha
no wth don't get me started. I can't get any more infractions on here lol
Old 11-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
no wth don't get me started. I can't get any more infractions on here lol
Hahaha lmao I knew that would get you going
Old 11-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No they aren't. But a dyno doesnt show you HOW that power was made.

Im not hating on bama at all, i just prefer a company that has been around much longer, and has closer ties with Ford.
Steeda has been around a while, so I can understand where you're coming from.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Ummm...My car make more than that without a tune...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT