SCT iTSX wireless tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
SCT iTSX wireless tuner

Does anyone have any experience with this setup? I'm considering this setup for a tuner since it's considerably cheaper than the entire units with virtual gauges.
Ian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have one, it has its good and bad things about it. I like that you can use your I pad or phone to program everything. What questions do you have specifically?
Old 11-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

What are the bad things to it? Have u had any issues when doing system updates to your ipad?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I have not done any upgrades to the software yet, I have only one tune from steeda and until I get a new tune sent to me I won't update anything.

When I first bought the unit from steeda they took the serial number off the box instead of using the serial number on the actual unit, almost as if it was switched at some point, not an itsx issue I Don't believe.

I keep all the tunes including the stock tune on my computer... Well my computer crashed and I lost everything... Good thing I had it all on my phone in my email as a back up. Again not an itsx issue.

Other then those two things, I think that you have to have some computer knowledge, just the basic skills which is what I have will make it a bit rougher, but doable still...

Once you get the tune, get it installed in the car ( which is really easy) you are pretty much set. All the different options that you are able to have with this device is really cool, all the things you can monitor while your driving or just sitting there is great.

In all honestly if you are computer smart, the only negative I can really think of is there are not a lot of people that have it, I kinda want to start a support group so. Have some one to talk to! Lol..
Old 11-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, do all the gauges etc. Work properly? And does it do a good job with estimating horsepower, 0-60, and 1/4 mile times?
Old 11-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I can only assume the Gage's are close, for the Gage's that are monitored in the gage cluster are close to what the itsx says...0-60 so on and so on I have not tried, I baby my baby, not to mention I have not had anyone in the car to hold my iPad while I hammer down on her... When I get in it I prefer for it to be just me and her! Lol!

In all honesty though the 0-60 times I can get thru the car itself and not use the itsx...
Old 11-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Do u think it was definitely worthwhile to get the iTSX vs a regular handheld tuner that's cheaper?
Old 11-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I could go both ways with it.

If you are going to tune your car and then leave It alone, I say get the cheaper one..

If you are going to do a lot of data logging and your going to get a lot of tunes, and you are really going to get into the tuning stuff then I would get the itsx,

Me I put the tune in and only mess with it when I have to. I should have gotten the cheaper one... If I could figure out what I had to do to it to sell it I would, it just sits around in a box right now.....
Old 11-17-2013, 08:09 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Who did u buy it from? I've heard that the newer ones are married to ur car for life unless u send it back to sct for reprogramming. Which costs u almost as much as new unit.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I bought mine from steeda.. I will look into the Un marring thing, as I'm not real sure about it.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, ck with steeda, I may b interested in getting it from u. But if still have to buy the free tunes from am or somebody
Old 11-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Where u get the tunes is a matter of preference.. If I was really going to get into it like I thought I was I was going to go with a local tuner... have him do all the tunes for me. With me being in the military my mustang pretty much sits all the time. I just take her out on the weekends when I'm home. But I do know that ams tunes for life is a good deal. I also believe steeda has started that as well...
Old 11-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Oh ok, I didn't know that. I figured steeda would probably only support their own products with tunes. That's who I was thinking am or something like that. I'm afraid ur going to b stuck with it tho.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

No u can get tunes from any one that makes them..some are more conservative then others... Some cause more damage... I'm ok with keeping it really, I won't be on sea duty for ever and one day may make it to the speed shop to have some work performed... My next car will be a new corvette, eventually anyways. The mustang is just to get me use to the hp
Old 11-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, that's cool, I was really hoping to get some more opinions anyway. It doesn't appear too many people are using these.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT