MT-82 problems - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Region: Other
Posts: 29
MT-82 problems

Hi confreres!

Greetings from Brazil!

I own a 2011 GT coupé w/ manual transmission.

I can't get a clear passage from 1st to 2nd gear.

I have just ordered one Barton Industries 2 post design shifter bracket.

I would like to order one SR performance braided stainless steel hydraulic clutch line.

American Muscle carries that piece.

But, unfortunately, AM does not ship to my country.

Does anybody know another SR products source?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
rgordini65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_DIB_GTCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Columbia
Region: Missouri
Posts: 245
Only American Muscle carries SR products. Mcleod makes a braided clutch line as well as Joe Heck Racing (JHR). Just search around to see what other sites carry braided lines. I know lethal performance carries the JHR clutch line, so it'd be worth seeing if they'll ship to you. I believe its the same price as the SR braided line.
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Region: Other
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
Only American Muscle carries SR products. Mcleod makes a braided clutch line as well as Joe Heck Racing (JHR). Just search around to see what other sites carry braided lines. I know lethal performance carries the JHR clutch line, so it'd be worth seeing if they'll ship to you. I believe its the same price as the SR braided line.
I appreciate your great tips!

I'm going to search around.
rgordini65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordini65 View Post
Hi confreres!

Greetings from Brazil!

I own a 2011 GT coupé w/ manual transmission.

I can't get a clear passage from 1st to 2nd gear.

I have just ordered one Barton Industries 2 post design shifter bracket.

I would like to order one SR performance braided stainless steel hydraulic clutch line.

American Muscle carries that piece.

But, unfortunately, AM does not ship to my country.

Does anybody know another SR products source?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Wow, really this is a "surprise" another problem post about another MT-82 tranny. F China!!! This is why I passed on the MT and bought the Auto. Had the MT-82 in my V6 ended up putting a few hundred $$$ into it in upgrades. It made it better but still not what it should have been. Hopefully Ford scraps the China plant and builds the 2015 MT where quality is better.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Region: Other
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
Wow, really this is a "surprise" another problem post about another MT-82 tranny. F China!!! This is why I passed on the MT and bought the Auto. Had the MT-82 in my V6 ended up putting a few hundred $$$ into it in upgrades. It made it better but still not what it should have been. Hopefully Ford scraps the China plant and builds the 2015 MT where quality is better.
It's a mad world, my friend!

Getrag, Ford's partner on MT-82 gearbox, is a worldwide respected transmissions specialist, supplier to makes like BMW, M-Benz, Porsche, Ferrari, etcetera...

I agree with you: f. China!

And here in Brazil things get worse: I have no parts, no warranty, no nothing.
rgordini65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Antioch
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 153
Hey, just a quick note, I just installed the Barton two post bracket tonight and it made a world of difference in the shifts!!!! You should really enjoy it!!!!
Ian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Region: Other
Posts: 29
QUOTE=Ian13;1862726]Hey, just a quick note, I just installed the Barton two post bracket tonight and it made a world of difference in the shifts!!!! You should really enjoy it!!!![/QUOTE]

Hi Ian13!

Thanks for the info about Barton 2 post shifter bracket.

It seems it's really a good idea.

I'm trustful on that mod.
rgordini65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordini65 View Post

I agree with you: f. China!

And here in Brazil things get worse: I have no parts, no warranty, no nothing.
Buuuut, you still have one badass American car!
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_DIB_GTCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Columbia
Region: Missouri
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Buuuut, you still have one badass American car!
+1000000000000
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordini65 View Post
Hi confreres!

Greetings from Brazil!

I own a 2011 GT coupé w/ manual transmission. I can't get a clear passage from 1st to 2nd gear. I have just ordered one Barton Industries 2 post design shifter bracket.

I would like to order one SR performance braided stainless steel hydraulic clutch line. American Muscle carries that piece. But, unfortunately, AM does not ship to my country.

Does anybody know another SR products source?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Hey,

You're definitely on the right track! The Shifter Bracket and Clutch line will definitely clean up your shifts. It eliminates all slop and allows for a clean passage from 1-2 and 2-3!

I installed both of these on my 2011 GT and was extremely impressed with the results! This set up will also completely eliminate you from being locked out of great at high RPM's.

I wish we could ship you the clutch line, but as you know we don't ship to Brazil at this time. I'm sorry and I wish I could be more help!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #11
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordini65 View Post

It's a mad world, my friend!

Getrag, Ford's partner on MT-82 gearbox, is a worldwide respected transmissions specialist, supplier to makes like BMW, M-Benz, Porsche, Ferrari, etcetera...

I agree with you: f. China!

And here in Brazil things get worse: I have no parts, no warranty, no nothing.
I feel for you bro. Good luck with your MT.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Region: Other
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Buuuut, you still have one badass American car!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

You are absolutely right, Sir!

Beautiful lines, splendid Coyote engine, great car!

And the V8 engine "music" drives me to

another -and better -world...

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
I feel for you bro. Good luck with your MT.

Thank you, dear dobypaw3!
rgordini65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Region: Other
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Hey,

You're definitely on the right track! The Shifter Bracket and Clutch line will definitely clean up your shifts. It eliminates all slop and allows for a clean passage from 1-2 and 2-3!

I installed both of these on my 2011 GT and was extremely impressed with the results! This set up will also completely eliminate you from being locked out of great at high RPM's.

I wish we could ship you the clutch line, but as you know we don't ship to Brazil at this time. I'm sorry and I wish I could be more help!

-Dan
Hi Dan!

Thanks a lot for the great infos!
rgordini65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
NoSlo5oH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA
Region: Kansas
Posts: 145
rgordini65,

Have you thought about modifying your transmission mount to firm things up even more? Here are a few pics of one that I modified.

Stock transmission mount
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	137840  
NoSlo5oH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
NoSlo5oH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA
Region: Kansas
Posts: 145
Stock mount with rubber removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	137841  
NoSlo5oH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:53 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
NoSlo5oH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA
Region: Kansas
Posts: 145
Mount positioned in custom made jig in preparation for pouring liquid polyurethane bushing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	137842  
NoSlo5oH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
NoSlo5oH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA
Region: Kansas
Posts: 145
Medium grade polyurethane bushing poured.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	137843  
NoSlo5oH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
NoSlo5oH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA
Region: Kansas
Posts: 145
Finished product (front view).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	137844  
NoSlo5oH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
NoSlo5oH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA
Region: Kansas
Posts: 145
Finished product (rear view).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	137845  
NoSlo5oH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
NoSlo5oH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA
Region: Kansas
Posts: 145
Installing a set of polyurethane motor mounts will also take more of the flex out of the drivetrain. Couple that with the Barton 2 post bracket, modified transmission mount, or Whiteline transmission insert and you will see a huge improvement.
NoSlo5oH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Region: Other
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSlo5oH View Post
Installing a set of polyurethane motor mounts will also take more of the flex out of the drivetrain. Couple that with the Barton 2 post bracket, modified transmission mount, or Whiteline transmission insert and you will see a huge improvement.
Hi NoSlo5oH!

Thank you very much for the idea and pics!

That was an act of kindness!

I have ordered a Barton 2 posts bracket shifter from CJPonyParts.

That piece will arrive (I believe) on next wednesday.

A friend of mine who is now at Miami, FL, is ordering a

SR clutch line from AmericanMuscle.

Installed both pices, let's see what will happen.

I''ll not forget your tip.
rgordini65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
NoSlo5oH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA
Region: Kansas
Posts: 145
You're welcome rgordini65. The Barton 2 post bracket is a quality piece. I have one, as well as polyurethane motor mounts and a Whiteline bushing insert on my '13 GT. Shifting is great! I was also considering buying the ss braided clutch line too, but haven't had any problems yet, so I may hold off on that for now.
NoSlo5oH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Region: Other
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSlo5oH View Post
You're welcome rgordini65. The Barton 2 post bracket is a quality piece. I have one, as well as polyurethane motor mounts and a Whiteline bushing insert on my '13 GT. Shifting is great! I was also considering buying the ss braided clutch line too, but haven't had any problems yet, so I may hold off on that for now.
Just entered my orders list: Whiteline bushing insert.

Thank you!
rgordini65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Antioch
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 153
Anyone that has the Barton two post bracket but hates the increased noise, here's simple fix. Take the bottom bracket off, slip a two inch piece of bicycle inertube over the transmission shaft, re install the bracket. Cut down on the noise quite a lot. Almost back to stock noise level.
Ian13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:45 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.