GT500 strut mounts/camber bolts - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
GT500 strut mounts/camber bolts

Hey guys have an 11 5.0. I currently have steeda HD upper strut mounts with k-springs. I just ordered 20x9/20x11 F14s and thought it might be a good Idea to switch to the gt500 mounts and use some camber bolts for a lil softer ride.. And also add some koni str.t's to it. And that will also give me more options on the struts in the future if I decide to go adjustable later when I've got more money. Are these strut mounts goin to be a lil softer? Are the camber bolts going to correct enough with the k-springs? I'm putting Michelin pilot super sports on all around and I DO NOT want them wearing bad cuz of the alignment!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Hey guys have an 11 5.0. I currently have steeda HD upper strut mounts with k-springs. I just ordered 20x9/20x11 F14s and thought it might be a good Idea to switch to the gt500 mounts and use some camber bolts for a lil softer ride.. And also add some koni str.t's to it. And that will also give me more options on the struts in the future if I decide to go adjustable later when I've got more money. Are these strut mounts goin to be a lil softer? Are the camber bolts going to correct enough with the k-springs? I'm putting Michelin pilot super sports on all around and I DO NOT want them wearing bad cuz of the alignment!
Gt500 strut mounts are really not going to give you any softer of a ride compared to your steeda mounts. If you are worried about alignment, the steeda mounts are clearly the right decision, as they have more adjustability and definitely a higher quality part that will last much longer. However, if you are still on stock shocks/struts, switching to the konis will give you a much better ride.

Im currently running maximum motorsports camber plates, with koni str.ts on steeda ultralites, and my ride quality is superb.

Personally im not a fan of camber bolts. Especially if you already have a good quality set of mounts.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Gt500 strut mounts are really not going to give you any softer of a ride compared to your steeda mounts. If you are worried about alignment, the steeda mounts are clearly the right decision, as they have more adjustability. However, if you are still on stock shocks/struts, switching to the konis will give you a much better ride. Im currently running maximum motorsports camber plates, with koni str.ts on steeda ultralites, and my ride quality is superb.
Well honestly I kinda screwed up lol. I have the 11-14 mounts and I got confused when ordering struts and got tokico blues. They fit 05-10s. So I installed and they started clanking obviously.. Found out the problem and ordered a spacer kit that steeda makes to make those struts work. But the damage had been done and the struts is all chewed up. They were fine for about two weeks and then started clanking again (worse) after goin down a dirt road. So I'm just kinda trying to find my best solution right now.. I'm afraid the steeda mounts may be damaged now at this point. Not sure though. I'll probably never track the car as much as I'd like to other than the drag strip once or twice a year. I don't have ANY extra cash after spending $3200 on wheels and tires so I need the most cost effective solution rather than performance unfortunately. I don't have the stock stuff either..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11stangGT View Post
Well honestly I kinda screwed up lol. I have the 11-14 mounts and I got confused when ordering struts and got tokico blues. They fit 05-10s. So I installed and they started clanking obviously.. Found out the problem and ordered a spacer kit that steeda makes to make those struts work. But the damage had been done and the struts is all chewed up. They were fine for about two weeks and then started clanking again (worse) after goin down a dirt road. So I'm just kinda trying to find my best solution right now.. I'm afraid the steeda mounts may be damaged now at this point. Not sure though. I'll probably never track the car as much as I'd like to other than the drag strip once or twice a year. I don't have ANY extra cash after spending $3200 on wheels and tires so I need the most cost effective solution rather than performance unfortunately. I don't have the stock stuff either..
Gotcha. Yeah thats why i went with the maximum motorsports plates, as they come WITH an adapter, so you can use either the 05-10 or 11+ struts. I wasnt even aware that steeda made a spacer for theirs.
With the k springs you should be ok with camber bolts and gt500 mounts, if you really think your steedas are damaged. If the steedas are ok though, i would definitely use them over the latter. Just because they have more adjustability/stregth/longevity than the gt500's. But like you said, if you need to replace them, the gt500s are definitely a cheaper option that should do the job for a street car.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT