Shelby Brembo Brake Package.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #1

Region: New York
Shelby Brembo Brake Package....

Does anyone know the specific differences between the standard GT brake package and the FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 4 PISTON 14" SVT BREMBO BRAKES OEM? I am sure there is a big difference between the front rotors and calipers, how different are the back?
NYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCAMPER View Post
Does anyone know the specific differences between the standard GT brake package and the FORD MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 4 PISTON 14" SVT BREMBO BRAKES OEM? I am sure there is a big difference between the front rotors and calipers, how different are the back?
The standard GT brakes on the front have 13.2" rotors and 2 Piston Brake calipers. The gt500 has 14.1 rotors and 4 piston brembo calipers. The two share the same rear calipers but the gt500 has larger rear rotors by a inch and used a different caliper bracket then the standard GT. Stopping distances will be slightly reduced but the main benefit from the gt500 braking system is better pedal feel and a lot less brake fade. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Not to mention the brembos just look bada$$!!!
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback. I have a chance to buy a set that has 100 miles on them which includes all the brackets, brake lines front and back rotors, calipers, backing plates etc....

The price is $1,195.00 for everything plus shipping. Yes they look awesome. I don't want to spend a ton of money mainly for the better look and the caliper covers just seem cheesy to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I have a chance to buy a set that has 100 miles on them which includes all the brackets, brake lines front and back rotors, calipers, backing plates etc.... The price is $1,195.00 for everything plus shipping. Yes they look awesome. I don't want to spend a ton of money mainly for the better look and the caliper covers just seem cheesy to me.
Out of curiosity, is this from Rehagen Racing?
The price isn't too bad but keep in mind a few things.
1. You have to pull the axles to install the rear caliper brackets in order to use the gt500 rear rotors.
2. Your front brakes take care of 80% of your braking. So unless your hardcore into autoX or track days at road courses. The rear gt500 setup would be purely for aesthetics.
3. All factory front wheels will not clear brembos. Excluding the wheels that come with the track pack and brembo package cars of course. You can get around this with some 5mm hub centric spacers. Also some cheap aftermarket wheels, depending on their width, offset, and Backspacing, will not clear the brembos.

If you are just interested in the front setup. Keep looking around. You can typically get the whole setup used for $600-$800.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #5

Thanks for the info. I did not realize you had to pull the rear axles. That would mean cracking open the differential and I am not really set up to do that. They are on Ebay....he calls his store Racer Bargains.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

By the way I have American Racing 19" "GT 500" replicas on my car.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I did not realize you had to pull the rear axles. That would mean cracking open the differential and I am not really set up to do that. They are on Ebay....he calls his store Racer Bargains. ---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ---------- By the way I have American Racing 19" "GT 500" replicas on my car.
Yea I considered this kit myself, but when I saw the install for the rear brakes I got turned off... If I didn't just get my gears done I may have done it all at the same time

http://youtu.be/dDT3-nwSQD8
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The axles are easy to remove. Hardest part of the whole process is putting the oil back in.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT