A little help here... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #1

Region: California
A little help here...

RHONDA that's my beautiful black 2014 GT and that's the name my wife gave her when I brought her home in June "The other woman" lol... After doing so much online research and listening to countless amounts of different exhaust notes I finally got it down to two... Borla stinger S-type & Corsa sport, both axleback. Both have the sound I want "no drone" but I like how Corsa has their pipes cut to match the curves of the rear end. Borla has awesome reviews but Corsa does not have any on American Muscle and they only have a few You Tube videos. Help me to decide!!
Rhonda14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda14 View Post
RHONDA that's my beautiful black 2014 GT and that's the name my wife gave her when I brought her home in June "The other woman" lol... After doing so much online research and listening to countless amounts of different exhaust notes I finally got it down to two... Borla stinger S-type & Corsa sport, both axleback. Both have the sound I want "no drone" but I like how Corsa has their pipes cut to match the curves of the rear end. Borla has awesome reviews but Corsa does not have any on American Muscle and they only have a few You Tube videos. Help me to decide!!
Cant go wrong with either. But people around here are VERY partial to the S-types. And for good reason. Congrats on the new ride.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:24 PM   #3

Region: Pennsylvania
I have a murdered 2013 GTCS. RTR axle back has a great sound plus is all black.
diffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffle View Post
I have a murdered 2013 GTCS. RTR axle back has a great sound plus is all black.
RTR stuff is great... Just expensive. I'm saving up for the RTR Axle back, will look and sound great with my 13 Red candy GT once I put on the RTR spoiler and either FR TP black rims or RTR rims.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
RTR stuff is great... Just expensive. I'm saving up for the RTR Axle back, will look and sound great with my 13 Red candy GT once I put on the RTR spoiler and either FR TP black rims or RTR rims.
I have the rtr spoiler. The studs pull out very easy. I think the original owner might have over torqued them.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
I have the rtr spoiler. The studs pull out very easy. I think the original owner might have over torqued them.
He probably did, that shouldn't happen.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda14 View Post
Welcome to MustangEvolution and Congratulations on the new ride! Post up some pictures, we'd love to check it out.

When it comes to axle backs, I can definitely give you some recommendations but everyone is going to have a different opinion on exhaust! I've personally had a few different axle backs on my 2011 GT and have loved them all for different reasons. I started with the Borla S-Type and loved the sound, & then I did long tubes and it was a little to loud in the Cabin for my liking. However, it sounded incredible outside of the car! So I switched to the GT500 Style muffler and loved that as well. However, that was way to quite all the way around. Last and Final exhaust that I have no intentions of ever changing is the Corsa Extreme. It sounds like it's off at idle, very little cabin noise but under WOT it's louder than any exhaust I've had to date! Last but not least, but the tips being cut to fit the bumper lines is a huge plus in my opinion.

I would go with whatever best fits you! You really can't go wrong with either of your options.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Hi Dan. Sent you a pm.
Devildogstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #9
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangz View Post
He probably did, that shouldn't happen.
I have the RTR spoiler myself. The studs popped off while I was hand tightening them. It had to be a defective product because they swapped it out for a new one and I had no problems tightening that one down. Now I'm rocking like a hurricane. Lol
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I have the RTR spoiler myself. The studs popped off while I was hand tightening them. It had to be a defective product because they swapped it out for a new one and I had no problems tightening that one down. Now I'm rocking like a hurricane. Lol
Do you still have the one the studs popped off of?
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT