Mt-82 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
WJBertrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ventura
Region: California
Posts: 517
I was able to improve the shifting action, particularly when cold, on my manual transmission Lexus IS300 using Redline Oil MT-90 synthetic. The synthetics flow a lot better at cold temps and don't thin as much at higher ones. Redline makes MT-90 for gearboxes that are supposed to take 90wt gear lube and MTL for manual boxes that are spec'd for ATF. I'm a newby with the Mustang so I'm not sure which lube is specified by Ford. The MT synthetics have special friction additives for the synchros that aren't present in general purpose synthetic gear oil.

Sorry, now to my question; has anyone tried the Redline synthetics lubes in this transmission? If so what were the results?
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Canada
Posts: 2,974
Since I have had my issue with the MT82, I think that makes me somewhat qualified to judge its relative quality and determine what broke, at least in my case. It was not an assembly issue. It was QC on an outsourced part (the input shaft bearing). It's not my first car, or even my first Mustang, either. I've been driving stick from first gen Honda Civics to 5 ton trucks since about 1979.

There IS a technique to shifting this car, driven by the fact it's a six speed with narrow gates, the choice to use a remote shifter and what flex is present in the S197 chassis. It's not an indictment of anyone's ability, it's just a reality.

I have put this poor trans down track over 100 times on slicks now, That's about 300 WOT, maximum effort shifts, (I'm topping fourth at the stripe) and I've missed...two or three, caused by me. Am I worried this car won't go into gear? Not at all, it goes in pretty much every time, if it's handled properly. You can see the results of this effort in my sig.

You done yelling now? I'm glad you're happy with your choice in transmissions.
__________________
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort, etc. GT500s, Steeda UCA, VMP auto N/A tune. 100 shot nitrous on BBR tune. Best e/t 11.42 at 120.64

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_DIB_GTCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Columbia
Region: Missouri
Posts: 245
Ive noticed it's still notchy with my MGW when it's cold. I read somewhere that it helps running through the gears before actually driving after a cold start. Tried it this morning and it seemed to help. I'm gonna experiment a little more with this and see if it's a fluke.
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
Why is this the only one I need a technique that differs from the previous tranny's I have owned? My answer to that is... poorly built China crap. When I was power shifting my 89' 5.0 notch back do you think I was worried the tranny would not go into gear? No way went in every time!!! Or even power shifting my 96' Z24 Do you think I was worried the tranny would not let me in gear. Hell no!!! Or my 91' SHO once again no... shifted fine every time. How about my 2011 V6. Yep shifting problems even when I would hold the clutch in a little longer it would still be clunky or grind from time to time. I'm happy that car is gone and I have my 14' GT with the USA built auto tranny.
LOL...keep driving your auto DP, you shouldn't miss a gear in that The MT82 is NOT that bad of a tranny. Being a SIX SPEED, the gates are smaller than ALL of those other transmissions you named. Operator Error, stick with your auto and don't whine about something you don't drive.
__________________
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
the back to the future reference.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #41
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post

LOL...keep driving your auto DP, you shouldn't miss a gear in that The MT82 is NOT that bad of a tranny. Being a SIX SPEED, the gates are smaller than ALL of those other transmissions you named. Operator Error, stick with your auto and don't whine about something you don't drive.
Funny how the Mustangs MT-82 only has a lot of problems. The Camaro and Challi guys don't have problems with their narrow gated 6 spd. let's see how many guys complain about the new 7 speed stingray? The MT-82 is junk. I had one, notchy shifting, locked out and grinding with clutch all the way in.

I love my new 14' GT auto. you are right i won't miss a shift and will pull away from you every time you miss your shift or break your MT-82 while attempting a powershift. MT-82 is an average tranny at best.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post

LOL...keep driving your auto DP, you shouldn't miss a gear in that The MT82 is NOT that bad of a tranny. Being a SIX SPEED, the gates are smaller than ALL of those other transmissions you named. Operator Error, stick with your auto and don't whine about something you don't drive.
+1000. Not to mention the fact that, NONE of the cars he listed had anywhere near the amount of power the 5.0 has. Its a bit harder for a trans to support 420 hp, than 130-200 hp.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Funny how the Mustangs MT-82 only has a lot of problems. The Camaro and Challi guys don't have problems with their narrow gated 6 spd. let's see how many guys complain about the new 7 speed stingray? The MT-82 is junk. I had one, notchy shifting, locked out and grinding with clutch all the way in.

I love my new 14' GT auto. you are right i won't miss a shift and will pull away from you every time you miss your shift or break your MT-82 while attempting a powershift. MT-82 is an average tranny at best.
Ive owned 5 f bodies and 1 gto. 4 of which had the t-56. Guess what, most of them had problems too. Had synchros go out in 2, slave cylinder in another, and dont even get me started on shifting a cold t-56. You think the mt-82 is bad lol.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Notorious_rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 352
I had a dog once who thought i was her slave...oh wait wrong forum.

Be nice guys- tomato tomaaaaatoe- some like it some dont-
Notorious_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
I love my new 14' GT auto. you are right i won't miss a shift and will pull away from you every time you miss your shift or break your MT-82 while attempting a powershift. MT-82 is an average tranny at best.
LOL! REALLY...My 18yr old son (who this is his FIRST man transmission) would lay waste to you and your granny tranny 5.0. He does WOT pulls and goes through the gears of that POS MT-82 like it is butter, and he doesn't miss gears, but heck.............he has only been driving a standard for 4 months
__________________
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
LOL! REALLY...My 18yr old son (who this is his FIRST man transmission) would lay waste to you and your granny tranny 5.0. He does WOT pulls and goes through the gears of that POS MT-82 like it is butter, and he doesn't miss gears, but heck.............he has only been driving a standard for 4 months
"man transmission"? (mansmission?) I thought guys started having those in their sleep before they were 18...
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
Since I have had my issue with the MT82, I think that makes me somewhat qualified to judge its relative quality and determine what broke, at least in my case. It was not an assembly issue. It was QC on an outsourced part (the input shaft bearing). It's not my first car, or even my first Mustang, either. I've been driving stick from first gen Honda Civics to 5 ton trucks since about 1979. There IS a technique to shifting this car, driven by the fact it's a six speed with narrow gates, the choice to use a remote shifter and what flex is present in the S197 chassis. It's not an indictment of anyone's ability, it's just a reality. I have put this poor trans down track over 100 times on slicks now, That's about 300 WOT, maximum effort shifts, (I'm topping fourth at the stripe) and I've missed...two or three, caused by me. Am I worried this car won't go into gear? Not at all, it goes in pretty much every time, if it's handled properly. You can see the results of this effort in my sig. You done yelling now? I'm glad you're happy with your choice in transmissions.
Big+^ I'm not a professional driver, but thru trial and error I feel out my trans to see how I should shift it. I have a early 11 GT with almost 13k, and I had the normal notchiness when cold, but right now it feels bulletproof
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:44 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,019
WOW!...you read more into some things than my wife does. Sorry for abbreviations, but now that you opened my eyes to it that way, I like the way you think.
__________________
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Forgot to add that I'm running Redline MTL and MGW shifter... Never had an issue after and I ram it in hard once she's warm and lubed
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #49
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post

LOL! REALLY...My 18yr old son (who this is his FIRST man transmission) would lay waste to you and your granny tranny 5.0. He does WOT pulls and goes through the gears of that POS MT-82 like it is butter, and he doesn't miss gears, but heck.............he has only been driving a standard for 4 months
Bring it on
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,019
MGW Shifter '13 Mustang - YouTube




Bye
__________________
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #51
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Big+^ I'm not a professional driver, but thru trial and error I feel out my trans to see how I should shift it. I have a early 11 GT with almost 13k, and I had the normal notchiness when cold, but right now it feels bulletproof
Wow your one of the few to admit it even the one who say in a round about way his 18 year old is a pro at it. Ha yeah in your dreams. I have kids to and I would say the same about my 6 year old. Parents are partial to there off spring. Yo dude wake up!!!

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Try it with the stocker. That was still slow shifting IMO.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Try it with the stocker. That was still slow shifting IMO.
Says the guy with the automatic.

His 18 year old son still managed to do what you couldn't..... Get the "crappy" mt-82 to shift smoothly.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,019
Quote:
That was still slow shifting IMO.
haha...he had his mom in the car

I don't speak furbie, but if your 18yr old pro comment was directed towards me.....He is FAR FROM A PRO and he still doesnt miss gears with the MT-82. You over blow how "BAD" you think this transmission is. It is not that bad, like any tranny, they all have their weak points, but keep justifying you buying your auto in a MUSCLE CAR.
__________________
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
I wouldn't go as far as saying the trans is junk... A more compelling argument, would be the shift linkage maybe, but once u fix that, the trans is quite responsive and very easy to use
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Deerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,019
^ x100
__________________
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #56
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Says the guy with the automatic.

His 18 year old son still managed to do what you couldn't..... Get the "crappy" mt-82 to shift smoothly.
Never said I didn't get it to shift smooth just expressed how crappy it was... I had one in my previous Stang... After I put a bracket and had the TSB done it got better but was not perfect.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #57
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
haha...he had his mom in the car

I don't speak furbie, but if your 18yr old pro comment was directed towards me.....He is FAR FROM A PRO and he still doesnt miss gears with the MT-82. You over blow how "BAD" you think this transmission is. It is not that bad, like any tranny, they all have their weak points, but keep justifying you buying your auto in a MUSCLE CAR.
Wonder how this got to shifting fast from talking about the poor performance of the MT-82. Since it change answer this. When a guy builds a car for street and strip what is the preferred tranny? Which one will be best for drag racing and why? A manual trans will never be able to shift faster than a tuned auto. Tuned auto shifts are damn near instant it's like having direct drive. I had a manual trans and i could not out shift my tuned auto no freaking way.

Also I had the MT-82 had a bad experience did not want another that is why i got the auto. Your going to tell me when you buy something that gives you a headache will you buy another even when you know there are many issue documented? If you say yes then you are just a fool and like to waste money
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
One day its gt vs gt arguments, then v6 vs v8 now manual vs auto tranny
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #59
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
One day its gt vs gt arguments, then v6 vs v8 now manual vs auto tranny
I'm not the one who started the MT vs. auto i like both i've owned both just prefer this auto over the MT-82
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #60
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
I don't speak furbie.
It not Furbie... It's Magui... Get it right!!!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #61
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I wouldn't go as far as saying the trans is junk... A more compelling argument, would be the shift linkage maybe, but once u fix that, the trans is quite responsive and very easy to use
The synco's have been a problem with the MT-82 including the OP! There are many issues with this Tranny some get lucky and have only cold shifting issues but others have a lot more problems than just the linkage.

My biggest point is most people who buy the MT-82 cars end up putting hundreds if not $1000+ into the tranny to make it shift better. You should not have to put any money into it. It should shift smooth from mile 1 to 100,000 miles. This trans you just can't do that.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

The synco's have been a problem with the MT-82 including the OP! There are many issues with this Tranny some get lucky and have only cold shifting issues but others have a lot more problems than just the linkage.

My biggest point is most people who buy the MT-82 cars end up putting hundreds if not $1000+ into the tranny to make it shift better. You should not have to put any money into it. It should shift smooth from mile 1 to 100,000 miles. This trans you just can't do that.
You can if you want to, but personally all I've done to mine is a Barton 2-post bracket that cost me $100. And now i love the feel. Besides you can easily spend the same if not more an auto! Tune to change shift points, stalls, etc. Not to mention the extra cash you already spend on the sticker price anyway.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Notorious_rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 352
Too much testosterone in this forum!! Lol
Notorious_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #64
Road Trip!
 
dobypaw3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Region: New York
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

You can if you want to, but personally all I've done to mine is a Barton 2-post bracket that cost me $100. And now i love the feel. Besides you can easily spend the same if not more an auto! Tune to change shift points, stalls, etc. Not to mention the extra cash you already spend on the sticker price anyway.
But for someone looking to buy the MT. They will have to put money into it when they should not have to. You guys are not getting my point. I guess because we mod the crap out of our cars. But if you do not want to spend money on the MT you're pretty much forced to. Not unless you enjoy notchy, clunky or grinding shifts.

To also prove the MT-82 is not as good as some say it is. Go to the other mustang forums and see how many tranny threads there are as compared to the 2010-2014 GT and 2010-2014 V6 forum. Every week someone new starts a thread about problems with MT-82 in both forums. That is a problem when a new member every week complains about the MT-82.

When I had my V6 I did not start a thread about the problems I had, but I did voice my opinion when someone raised up an issue. I wonder how many guys have had problems but have not started or even posted about it. I bet the number is pretty significant.

This argument can go on and on I have stated my opinion's and I'm done. Peace out fellow Stangers!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas11CS5.0 View Post
Ford's installing a new one my fifth gear sincro died on me and they said my out put shaft was cracked
P.s. I only have 8900 miles on my car
Very similar to mine. My fifth gear synchro went out........ Two ***** months ago. I've been waiting on parts so they decided to just replace the trans to shorten the wait...... That didn't help. I've been waiting over 2 months for this issue to be resolved.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
I love my mt-82! Mine shifts like butter. Owned a '97 gt w/mt, '01 gt w/mt, and '01 cobra mt. My '11 is the best by far. Hell, I toasted my cobra trans a month after buying it new bangin gears on the street. Again, great trans, just some qc issues.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:40 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Roguestang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,516
Click image for larger version

Name:	Darth meme.jpg
Views:	22673
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	138265
__________________
2000 Mustang GT-Former giggle gas addict
1990 Mustang GT w/ Vortech V3

***resident gun idiot***
Roguestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Durham
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 113
So far, 400 miles into it lol, I like mine. It is a little notchy when cold and I'm not a fan if the 2 3 shift
Torch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch10 View Post
So far, 400 miles into it lol, I like mine. It is a little notchy when cold and I'm not a fan if the 2 3 shift
U need a MGW for that 2-3 lol

I have a MGW, Whiteline trans bushing insert, and the TSB fluid change and she's parked in the garage waiting on a new transmission :/
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

U need a MGW for that 2-3 lol

I have a MGW, Whiteline trans bushing insert, and the TSB fluid change and she's parked in the garage waiting on a new transmission :/
What's the date on the tsb fluid change. I haven't had the first problem outta my mt-82, but better safe than sorry.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:36 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.