Mt-82 - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #106
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
^ Right
I could make him come down here easy...All I would have to do is just talk some smack about AM

DobyPaw, come help me.....
enough of being online for me, I have plucked the turkey, now on to skinning and quartering two hogs and a buck from this past weekend. Only in Texas! LOL
Everything is bigger in Texas. Even ego's and dreams. Oh yeah even quarter mile times too!
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #107
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post

You should definitely drive from Texas to NY so you can race Oh internet smack talkers, gotta love em
Deerslayer is the biggest of them all. He loves to dream.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Everything is bigger in Texas. Even ego's and dreams.
Ya gotta dream big DP3 or whats the point? Gees...Ever read Johnathan Livingston Seagull?
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #109
Road Trip!

Quote:
Ya gotta dream big DP3 or whats the point? Gees...Ever read Johnathan Livingston Seagull?
Do it! Don't dream it. If all you do is dream. Then you'll get no where! Ha

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Everything is bigger in Texas. Oh yeah even quarter mile times too!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Oh snap.......you got me there paw. I give up. Your spike surrounded license plate scares me, I'm sure your smooth shifting auto transmission would leave our ride at the line as you mash that pedal to the floor. Heck our big ole quarter mile is really a half mile here in Texas so I'm sure your time is half what ours is.
To the OP, sorry about your transmission, but I am sure they will get it sorted out. Let us know if they replace the entire unit or repair it.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 11-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
^ Right
I could make him come down here easy...All I would have to do is just talk some smack about AM

DobyPaw, come help me.....
enough of being online for me, I have plucked the turkey, now on to skinning and quartering two hogs and a buck from this past weekend. Only in Texas! LOL
Looks like a Lotta work lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looks like a Lotta work lol
It was. Deer are quick and easy, hogs on the other hand are much more difficult. Turkeys are just a tedious PITA. I plucked the bird and have it soaking in a brine solution. Going to deep fry it along with the butterball turkey for Thursday.
I hauled the carcasses to a friend who takes them and make an all natural bone & meat dog food. More power to her. Nothing goes to waste except for the hides. I am set up pretty good to process here at home but it still takes a lot of time. I am just quartered up and packed in ice chests. After Thanksgiving, the real processing begins. Would have gone quicker had my bud DP3 come and lent a hand. Stratton just arrived from school so got some catching up to do. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #113
Road Trip!

Quote:
Oh snap.......you got me there paw. I give up. Your spike surrounded license plate scares me, I'm sure your smooth shifting auto transmission would leave our ride at the line as you mash that pedal to the floor. Heck our big ole quarter mile is really a half mile here in Texas so I'm sure your time is half what ours is.
To the OP, sorry about your transmission, but I am sure they will get it sorted out. Let us know if they replace the entire unit or repair it.
Thought is was called the Texas mile??? Doh! Your a Texan and you screwed that punch line up. I know one thing that is not bigger in Texas? A Brain.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It was. Deer are quick and easy, hogs on the other hand are much more difficult. Turkeys are just a tedious PITA. I plucked the bird and have it soaking in a brine solution. Going to deep fry it along with the butterball turkey for Thursday.
I hauled the carcasses to a friend who takes them and make an all natural bone & meat dog food. More power to her. Nothing goes to waste except for the hides. I am set up pretty good to process here at home but it still takes a lot of time. I am just quartered up and packed in ice chests. After Thanksgiving, the real processing begins. Would have gone quicker had my bud DP3 come and lent a hand. Stratton just arrived from school so got some catching up to do. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.
I love processing animals
Old 11-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I love processing animals
LOL forgot, you are a butcher. You know what I have going on then. Most people half *** process deer, that is why a lot of people don't like it. If you were to process beef half *** too, it would be horrible as well. My grandfather was the butcher at his own grocery store and I got all of his equipment when he passed and I learned a lot from him when I worked in his store as kid.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOL forgot, you are a butcher. You know what I have going on then. Most people half *** process deer, that is why a lot of people don't like it. If you were to process beef half *** too, it would be horrible as well. My grandfather was the butcher at his own grocery store and I got all of his equipment when he passed and I learned a lot from him when I worked in his store as kid.
Equipment is the key
Old 11-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJBertrand View Post
Just checked the Redline Website and they say they do not have a fluid for the MT-82. Wonder why?
not sure what your referring to, but the MT-82 is a syncromesh box and any good quality fluid will work Thin MTL, good MT-85 and in hot weather MT-90 will work as good as any fluid.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Thought is was called the Texas mile??? Doh! Your a Texan and you screwed that punch line up. I know one thing that is not bigger in Texas? A Brain.
Lol i thought you were "done stating your opinion".
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #119
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Lol i thought you were "done stating your opinion".
This is between me a Deerslayer. Shut your pie hole... Beside my opinion was on the tranny this is totally different. lol

The MT-82 is still a pile of crap!
Old 11-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #120
Road Trip!

Region: California
You blew a tranny!?
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolPwny View Post
You blew a tranny!?
:/ i see what u did there lol
Old 11-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

:/ i see what u did there lol
Lol, it went over my head the first time around.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Lol, it went over my head the first time around.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131019_210536.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	138509
Old 11-26-2013, 11:09 PM   #124
Road Trip!

Quote:
POIFECT!
KoolPwny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

This is between me a Deerslayer. Shut your pie hole... Beside my opinion was on the tranny this is totally different. lol

The MT-82 is still a pile of crap!
This guy lol. Someones just trying to get their post count up at this point.

We get it. You suck at shifting... Blamed it on the trans.... And bought an auto. Congrats, you win. You clearly made the right choice in your "track car". Whats your best time again??? Wheres the time slip at???

You can run your mouth all you want, but until I see someone post a REAL time slip better than 5LHO's, in his MT-82, with a basically stock car, the argument that "auto is always faster than manuel" is over.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 11-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

What was 5LHOs time?
Old 11-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What was 5LHOs time?
I believe it was something around 11.90-12.0 on slicks, lcas, and a pro cal tune. Hopefully he will chime in and give the exact stats.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

I believe it was something around 11.90-12.0 on slicks, lcas, and a pro cal tune. Hopefully he will chime in and give the exact stats.
I wanna say 12.1
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftodaro View Post
not sure what your referring to, but the MT-82 is a syncromesh box and any good quality fluid will work Thin MTL, good MT-85 and in hot weather MT-90 will work as good as any fluid.
I stated what I was referring to - the Redline Synthetic Oils website. You can look up applications and redline themselves do not recommend either MTL or MT90 manual transmission lube for our MT-82 boxes. There must be a reason.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:38 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Everyone with problems out of the mt82 need to learn to drive or something
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #131
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Everyone with problems out of the mt82 need to learn to drive or something
That sounds like something ford would say lol
Old 11-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That sounds like something ford would say lol
I have had no problems out of mine. Either has 2 of my other buddys.

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Maybe it hit or miss but the whole mt82 thing is over rated.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:22 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

It's like with anything, most people aren't going to post a thread on how great their transmission is,you're only going to see posts by those who have a problem. So in reality it's probably only a small percentage with issues.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post

It's like with anything, most people aren't going to post a thread on how great their transmission is,you're only going to see posts by those who have a problem. So in reality it's probably only a small percentage with issues.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is my second MT-82 and I've had issues with both. The first one wasn't major hence why I purchased another car with the same trans in it, but this one has been a nightmare.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I installed the Stang Shifter Gasket today. It's a noticeable improvement. The shifter noise doesn't transition into the cabin as much. So, it looks like I'm going to be satisfied with the OEM shifter, Barton 2-post bracket and the Whiteline tranny mount insert combo. Soon, I'll be experimenting with tranny fluids. The piss thin DC fluid has to go. I'm going back to the 75W-90 with a bottle of XL-18.

Mustang Catalog
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
This is my second MT-82 and I haven't had any real problems. My first one yea I had the TSB fluid swap that's it. I did that mainly because I wanted a free trans flush. I did miss gears in it a lot though and that's why on my new one the first thing I did was the Barton 2 post and I have no problems now. Shifts very smooth and haven't missed a gear yet. About the cold start roughness that is about any transmission. It isn't going to shift perfect while the oil is still trying to flow around and warm up. I've had 2 S2000s also which IMO had the best transmission ever, but it was still rough when cold.
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Merican5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
It's 11.91 at 115...time and mods in Sig. It was fun getting there on such low power but, yeah, I had no problem with the mt 82 or the Procal, both somewhat controversial in their own way...

It's not a record or anything but, I'm pretty happy with it on a fully loaded Premium car with no weight reduction.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Were you just running drag wheels out back or skinnies in front also? I want to buy mine but don't want to fork out the money right now haha
Pypes catback, Bama Tunes, tinted windows, blacked out hood vents, custom painted engine covers, Barton 2 post shifter bracket, black billet grill with tinted fog light covers, CoolTech sound tube delete, front mud flaps, SR springs, many more coming. Less then 1K miles.
Merican5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post
It's 11.91 at 115...time and mods in Sig. It was fun getting there on such low power but, yeah, I had no problem with the mt 82 or the Procal, both somewhat controversial in their own way...

It's not a record or anything but, I'm pretty happy with it on a fully loaded Premium car with no weight reduction.
Mine did that stock on stock tires @85° humid and heat soaked. Spinning bad, 2+ 60ft....... Lol

It was my first time at the track so I was happy as well
Old 11-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merican5.0 View Post
Were you just running drag wheels out back or skinnies in front also? I want to buy mine but don't want to fork out the money right now haha
Heavyweight bbp wheels out front and '00 cast oem mustang 16" wheels out back.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT