Bama Tune and check engine ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 73
Bama Tune and check engine ?

I want to do a Bama Tune but fear the check engine light experience.
If I tune 87 octane on a completely stock 14 GT automatic would I necessarly be facing any check light issues ?
I'm running a tank of 93, would I run it out first before the 87 tune ?
Does a drop in, dry AfE air filter in the stock box consitute an air modification ?
Can't tell I'm just starting at this can you ?
Thanks.
larietrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
nhcowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by larietrope View Post
I want to do a Bama Tune but fear the check engine light experience. If I tune 87 octane on a completely stock 14 GT automatic would I necessarly be facing any check light issues ? I'm running a tank of 93, would I run it out first before the 87 tune ? Does a drop in, dry AfE air filter in the stock box consitute an air modification ? Can't tell I'm just starting at this can you ? Thanks.
You won't have any check engine light with your setup and a tune.

Removing cats would.

Drop in or CAI filter won't generate check engine light either ( unless you reverse the MAF ).

No worries.
__________________

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by larietrope View Post
I want to do a Bama Tune but fear the check engine light experience.
If I tune 87 octane on a completely stock 14 GT automatic would I necessarly be facing any check light issues ?
I'm running a tank of 93, would I run it out first before the 87 tune ?
Does a drop in, dry AfE air filter in the stock box consitute an air modification ?
Can't tell I'm just starting at this can you ?
Thanks.
You won't run into any issues with a stock 2014 GT! We can definitely write you a custom tune, that even on a bone stock 5.0L GT will pick up 25+ RWHP and 25+ RWTQ. Since you're currently running a higher octane, you can just start putting 87 octane in and load the tune! If it was the other way around, I would say run the 87 octane completely out, fill up with 93 and then load the custom tune. But you'll be good to go!

An AFE air filter won't change anything or require a tune. However, you can let the Bama team know it's there just so they know!

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! Feel free to hit up the Bama team anytime you have a question. Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
Bama worked for me. Professionalism is a little lacking but they get the job done. You get the general feeling they're rolling eyes as they answer your questions, as I'm sure they hear the same ones all the time. Could probably farm that job out to an outside contractor in India and just give them a cue card with all the Q&A's.
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compstall View Post
Bama worked for me. Professionalism is a little lacking but they get the job done. You get the general feeling they're rolling eyes as they answer your questions, as I'm sure they hear the same ones all the time. Could probably farm that job out to an outside contractor in India and just give them a cue card with all the Q&A's.
If I ever called AM and "Steve" in India answered, I'd never buy from them again. Just saying.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Missouri Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
If I ever called AM and "Steve" in India answered, I'd never buy from them again. Just saying.
What's Steve's number? When I call, I get Peggy.
Missouri Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
You won't run into any issues with a stock 2014 GT! We can definitely write you a custom tune, that even on a bone stock 5.0L GT will pick up 25+ RWHP and 25+ RWTQ. Since you're currently running a higher octane, you can just start putting 87 octane in and load the tune! If it was the other way around, I would say run the 87 octane completely out, fill up with 93 and then load the custom tune. But you'll be good to go!

An AFE air filter won't change anything or require a tune. However, you can let the Bama team know it's there just so they know!

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! Feel free to hit up the Bama team anytime you have a question. Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764 and they'll get you squared away!

-Dan
So, is there a tune to make the check engine light go away? I plan on cat deletes and xpipe soon. I don't want to have to deal with a check engine light when I go for inspection. I am assuming you do have the ability to tune out the light for cat deletes...H&S could do it for my diesel, I don't see why Bama can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Hoss View Post
What's Steve's number? When I call, I get Peggy.
Winning! LMAO!
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_DIB_GTCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Columbia
Region: Missouri
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post

So, is there a tune to make the check engine light go away? I plan on cat deletes and xpipe soon. I don't want to have to deal with a check engine light when I go for inspection. I am assuming you do have the ability to tune out the light for cat deletes...H&S could do it for my diesel, I don't see why Bama can't.

Winning! LMAO!
They turn off the rear o2 sensors and adjust for the higher exhaust flow. If your state has emissions testing too you're SOL with cat deletes
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
They turn off the rear o2 sensors and adjust for the higher exhaust flow. If your state has emissions testing too you're SOL with cat deletes
No emissions testing, just have to make sure the check engine lights are not on. They make you fix the problem before they pass inspection here in Texas.

You can get around emissions testing if you do not mind changing your cats off and on before inspections...little elbow grease once or twice a year would be worth it to me. Only takes 1-2 hours and some basic hand tools a jack and jack stands to complete the task.
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
They adjust for the higher exhaust flow.
Is this a serious statement? Adjust for higher exhaust flow? That's a good one.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2013_DIB_GTCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Columbia
Region: Missouri
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Is this a serious statement? Adjust for higher exhaust flow? That's a good one.
Lol it makes no sense. Idk what I was trying to say. I'll gladly take the daily dumba$$ award on that one
2013_DIB_GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_DIB_GTCS View Post
Lol it makes no sense. Idk what I was trying to say. I'll gladly take the daily dumba$$ award on that one
I've seen worse, don't sweat it.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Elmendorf
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
I've seen worst, don't sweat it.
Worse* just kiddin!
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
Worse* just kiddin!
Yea you got me.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #16
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post
So, is there a tune to make the check engine light go away? I plan on cat deletes and xpipe soon. I don't want to have to deal with a check engine light when I go for inspection. I am assuming you do have the ability to tune out the light for cat deletes...H&S could do it for my diesel, I don't see why Bama can't.
Yes, if you delete your cats we can turn off your rear O2 sensors within the tune. This will prevent any check engine lights from coming on!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
Yes, if you delete your cats we can turn off your rear O2 sensors within the tune. This will prevent any check engine lights from coming on! -Dan
Thanks
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Bryanw92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Middleburg
Region: Florida
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
You won't run into any issues with a stock 2014 GT! We can definitely write you a custom tune, that even on a bone stock 5.0L GT will pick up 25+ RWHP and 25+ RWTQ. Since you're currently running a higher octane, you can just start putting 87 octane in and load the tune!
That sounds interesting. Can you give me a link what I need to buy?
Bryanw92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
BIGHOSS5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Conroe
Region: Texas
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanw92 View Post
That sounds interesting. Can you give me a link what I need to buy?
You might be able to get a discount code from the AM guys...Just ask, they are pretty good about taking care of everyone from what I have seen on this Forum.

Here is the link to the tuner that you would need...
Bama SF3/X3 Power Flash Mustang Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes 38018 (11-14 GT) - Free Shipping 3015||38018
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
JonathanMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Reyes
Region: Texas
Posts: 68
Goodd
JonathanMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Compstall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tacoma, WA
Region: Washington
Posts: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanw92 View Post

That sounds interesting. Can you give me a link what I need to buy?
Lemme give you some more links to what you NEED to buy. PM me for the shipping address.
__________________
- Brent
'11 GT Kona Blue Brembo
"Measure with micrometers, mark with a scribe, chop with an axe"
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
check engine

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:51 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.