Charge motion plate delete - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Charge motion plate delete

Probably a dumb question... I have read this is a great upgrade but everything I have read seems to have to do with 2005-08. Is this not an issue or an upgrade not available for my 2013 GT?
Sterlingbeast5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If you read up, on 09 and up they made them into the manifold, molded, so they can't be changed.
86 muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
86_muscle is exactly correct!

OP, If you're looking for a quick and easy power gain, I highly suggest looking into an O/R Xpipe or Hpipe. These coyote 5.0's respond very well to deleting the restrictive catalytic converters. Plus, it adds a killer exhaust note!

If you already have an aftermarket exhaust system and are looking for more power- let me know. If you make a list of your current mods, I'll take a look and see what the next best step for you is!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
86_muscle is exactly correct!

OP, If you're looking for a quick and easy power gain, I highly suggest looking into an O/R Xpipe or Hpipe. These coyote 5.0's respond very well to deleting the restrictive catalytic converters. Plus, it adds a killer exhaust note!

If you already have an aftermarket exhaust system and are looking for more power- let me know. If you make a list of your current mods, I'll take a look and see what the next best step for you is!

Shane
Shane what if a person live in a state where emission are strict and they need to keep their cats. Is there a high flow cat that will pas emission or is there another way to setup the exhaust with stock cats for power?
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Magnaflow makes high flow cats- I loved the sound and the performance gain I had on my 2011 GT/CS.
Notorious_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post

Shane what if a person live in a state where emission are strict and they need to keep their cats. Is there a high flow cat that will pas emission or is there another way to setup the exhaust with stock cats for power?
You can get a high flow x pipe, but most people will tell you go catless or dont bother. The stock 5.0 cats actually flow very very well. You will see a 5 MAAAYBE 10 hp gain by going with a high flow x. Although keep in mind, even a high flow x will require a tune. IMO it would only be worth it if you were looking for a different exhaust sound. Power gains wont be much.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
You can get a high flow x pipe, but most people will tell you go catless or dont bother. The stock 5.0 cats actually flow very very well. You will see a 5 MAAAYBE 10 hp gain by going with a high flow x. Although keep in mind, even a high flow x will require a tune. IMO it would only be worth it if you were looking for a different exhaust sound. Power gains won't be much.
IDK about that...My buddy just did cat deletes to his and it runs fine without a tune, just had the check engine light. However, he is running a tune now and is seeing close to a 40hp gain on the dyno...Everything else is stock on his car...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post

IDK about that...My buddy just did cat deletes to his and it runs fine without a tune, just had the check engine light. However, he is running a tune now and is seeing close to a 40hp gain on the dyno...Everything else is stock on his car...
Yes but you just proved my point exactly. I said HIGH flow cats willnot give much of a gain over stock, but cat DELETES will. You also need a tune for either option, as the car will continue to dump fuel into the cats.

And before anybody asks, no, MIL eliminators will not work with our 11+ cars. A tune is the only option to do it right when removing, or replacing cats.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Yes but you just proved my point exactly. I said HIGH flow cats willnot give much of a gain over stock, but cat DELETES will. You also need a tune for either option, as the car will continue to dump fuel into the cats.
Ok got ya...guess I just read it wrong...LOL
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobypaw3 View Post
You can always upgrade to a high-flow catted X or H pipe too. Not all high-flow catalytic are emissions efficient enough to not through a CEL, so this is always a factor. Of course, Bama can turn off the rear O2 sensors to delete the CEL, but that will still fail emissions testing because the rear O2's won't be in check.

I've seen quite a few 11+ GT's run the Magnaflow Tru-X catted Xpipe without any throwing any codes. Assuming the emissions testing in your area only requires an OBDII check, this should pass emissions. Again, there's always a chance it will still throw a code, as it's not full-proof.

Assuming there's no codes thrown, a custom tune is not required. You'll certainly benefit a lot more with a custom Bama tune, but it's not mandatory at that point.

Hope this clears things up. If you have more questions, let me know!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT