high flow x pipe sound question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
high flow x pipe sound question

So I don't want to go with an off road x, as i will be WAY to loud ansld raspy with my roush axleback, but i do want to add more sound and volume. Im really thinking about buying the steeda high flow x pipe, since ita 20% off right now. I know i wont see any real power gains, but will i notice a difference in sound between the stock h pipe and high flow x? I've never ran high flow cats before.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Yes it should will make a difference in sound as well as flow a little better.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Yes it should will make a difference in sound as well as flow a little better.
Good deal. I ordered it. Cant beat the price with the sale today.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Anyone else have experience with a high flow x?
Old 11-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly Id pick the stock one or just go off-road. A good bit of people just swap for inspection when having an off-road. (Not saying do that but some do)
Nevermind forgot you already ordered.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Honestly Id pick the stock one or just go off-road. A good bit of people just swap for inspection when having an off-road. (Not saying do that but some do)
Nevermind forgot you already ordered.
Like i said, im not expecting any performance gains, just want a little more sound. So if it will provide me with that, ill be happy.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Just finished putting the Steeda high flow x on. Could not be happier with the outcome. Install was a breeze. Hardest part was getting to the o2 sensor plugs to disconnect them haha. Dont know what the big deal everyone was talking about getting the stock bolts off. 20" of extensions, and some penatrating spray on the bolts, and you're good to go. Did it myself in about 90 min with hand tools.

I definitely recommend this to anyone who has to worry about a visual inspection. The fit was absolutely perfect. Slid right into place with no effort at all. No leaks. Another high quality product from Steeda. I'll try and get a sound clip up soon.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Dont know what the big deal everyone was talking about getting the stock bolts off.
Gees, should'a been with me! I sprayed all of them with a penetrating oil and still the top nut especially almost was the a catastrophe for me. After almost twisting off some extensions, I thought it had broke loose. Wrong....it had started to strip! I was really worried. Deep in one of my tool box drawers I had one of those sockets that have all of the pins that will supposedly fit any bolt. Finally it worked and I got it. The others weren't much easier from below. I am glad to hear yours were easy, cause ours SUCKED! You should see some gain if it is flowing better. You should have a muffler shop delete your resonators.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
Gees, should'a been with me! I sprayed all of them with a penetrating oil and still the top nut especially almost was the a catastrophe for me. After almost twisting off some extensions, I thought it had broke loose. Wrong....it had started to strip! I was really worried. Deep in one of my tool box drawers I had one of those sockets that have all of the pins that will supposedly fit any bolt. Finally it worked and I got it. The others weren't much easier from below. I am glad to hear yours were easy, cause ours SUCKED! You should see some gain if it is flowing better. You should have a muffler shop delete your resonators.
Hahaha i guess i got lucky. I used the new wd-40 penatrating rust release spray from home depot. Stuff worked great. I highly recommend it. Let it soak for a couple minutes, and every bolt broke loose with almost no effort (for an exhaust bolt anyway). Honestly the hard to reach bolt on the passenger side was the easiest for me. I was using a 1/2 drive with a deep well socket. Slipped the socket attached to a swivel extension onto the bolt from the bottom, and connected it to 2 10" extensions from the top. Boom pooped right off on the first try.

I've thought about getting my resonators deleted, but Im afraid it will get to raspy. Ive heard a few videos online with the roush axleback and resonator delete, and didnt like what i heard. Trying not to piss my neighbors off TOOOO much hahaha.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Old vs. New if anyone is interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20131205_001053.png
Views:	135
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	139791
Old 12-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #11

I picked up the Steeda/Kooks X a few weeks back. I had the Kooks axleback and resonators deleted already. Idle, partial throttle and WOT all sounded great but it was/still is a bit too loud at cold start. I leave at 5:30am every weekday so I am looking at going back to my GT500 A/B to keep the peace with my neighbors. Might try the Kooks A/B when it warms back up.
sloppymax is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT