Brand 2014 mustang gt accident! Will it ever be the same? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I swear, parking lots are the most dangerous places to drive. All four of my wife and my accidents over the years have been in parking lots. In each case someone backing out of a space without looking.
MGW, Blow Fish, AM Hood Struts
Tinted, Borla Touring AB, ProCal Tune
Full Shelby/Kicker Audio Upgrade
WJBertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 05:00 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
When my car had 7k on it, a punk kid with a replacement bumper on his dodge turned into my back bumper. Broke my driver side tail light, ruined my back bumper, cracked the paint all down the quarter panel, and tore my valance. I watched him do it, and I scolded the kid when he got out of his truck to apologize. Wish I could say I felt better after I did, but I didn't. Car was in the shop for a month and the only thing wrong with his truck was white paint on his bumper. Cost his insurance almost 5k to fix my car and I got money on top of that I used to buy a 60" tv. I felt better after that, and you'd never be able to tell the difference now. Except I upgraded to boss rear end vs the stock gt for free.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Wow did it look as bad as mine? And I'm gonna take the money and order some stuff from American muscle.com is that a good site? I never had a mustang lol I traded a genesis coupe for my 5.0 so it's a new world to me. I'll hear from her insurance company today I'll keep you guys posted on the end result
Djourdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djourdan View Post
Wow did it look as bad as mine? And I'm gonna take the money and order some stuff from American muscle.com is that a good site? I never had a mustang lol I traded a genesis coupe for my 5.0 so it's a new world to me. I'll hear from her insurance company today I'll keep you guys posted on the end result
I feel for ya. I just traded my Genesis Coupe on a new GT because I hit a car battery in the road. It went under the car with no body damage and still required $4k in repairs. After that, I just didn't feel confident in such a fragile car. (I was planning on gettin a new car anyway but it was going to be a new GC)
Bryanw92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
You will be fine brother. Drive it, and enjoy it once it is fixed.
Thank God you werent injured and at the end of the day, its just a car.

So you lose a few bucks when you sell it, just make sure you enjoy it while you have it.
MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No, yours looks worse in my opinion because it being on the quarter panel. That much damage to a quarter panel is a PITA to replace, but it's nothin that can't be done and done well. It's highly unlikely any real damage had been done because of how high you were hit, and the door sealing properly would be more of a concern for me than anything else if I was you.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

So you don't think it's worth trading the car in over? It should drive the same and feel the same? But yeah I'm definitely gonna check the seals

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

They're replacing the whole quarter panel
Old 12-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
That sucks! Sorry. I would keep it. One day you will have a good story to tell! lol
Old 12-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #44
Admin

Supporter
Admin

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
+1 they will only make you whole.

The car will drive like it did before the accident. The paint on the other hand will never last like the factory paint. The factory paint was baked on at 500*.
If the fault of the accident was the other driver, you can request (and get) a "diminished value" payment. Basically, it covers the diminished value the car will now have when it is traded or sold, as a "carfax" or simular report will show it was involved in an accident, therefor it has a loss of value.

You have to request this, as insurance companies do not go out and present you with this.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucko View Post
If the fault of the accident was the other driver, you can request (and get) a "diminished value" payment. Basically, it covers the diminished value the car will now have when it is traded or sold, as a "carfax" or simular report will show it was involved in an accident, therefor it has a loss of value.

You have to request this, as insurance companies do not go out and present you with this.
You can request, doesn't mean they'll pay. They can drag your claim out 2yrs if they want to.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

You can request, doesn't mean they'll pay. They can drag your claim out 2yrs if they want to.
Lawyer up lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
The good thing about the damage is that it won't affect the drivability whatsoever, which was the main concern. OP just make sure whatever body shop is doing the repair, make sure to request they paint the entire left side, being a metallic color it's tough to make a perfect match. U will be happy once u get it back, the thought of trading it in probably won't cross your mind when u see the finished product, don't let this bump in the road throw u off course.
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

If it does show up on car fax, which a lot of times it doesn't, it will say minor damage to left side.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
+1 they will only make you whole.

The car will drive like it did before the accident. The paint on the other hand will never last like the factory paint. The factory paint was baked on at 500*.
Agreed. Any body shop can bolt on an entire new body panel, but chances are the paint will never be the same and as the car ages the original paint becomes a larger value-increaser.

Although a good auto painter can make it look the same if not better, it's just a longevity thing from what I've heard.
2 Stangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #50

Region: Missouri
A good shop should have you back to normal.

I just went through this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG959957.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	139543  
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #51

45 days later (the orange peel is a camera artifact):
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1472004_10201174895156652_1038269227_n.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	139544  
Old 12-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

You should be fine. It happened to me as well. I was turning left in a corner and this old guy with that old mercury did a rolling stop. Good thing, he hit part of my rear passenger rim in the impact so body was not badly bruised. Bad thing, the dealer body shop did not change the rear axle and got some squeaks when I got my baby back. I end up replacing axle on both sides and upgraded with moser. I have no issues after the axle replacement.

Name:	image-833358474.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	760.3 KB
ID:	139546
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
One way to check for a bent frame is inspect the bottom of the car. Is the floorpan buckled at all? Are the seams still somewhat straight? Are the seams still welded together?

Just looking at the photo, it looks like she hit you high. A door is fairly simple to replace, but that quarterpanel is going to be the bulk of the work.

Lots of good advice on this thread: do not act passive around the insurance companies. Be assertive, let them know what you want done and complain if they screw something up. I'm sure your GT will come out all the better for it.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

And the car didn't feel any different after that accident chad? Thanks for all the advice everyone. I went to the body shop today for the final estimate and to get the work started, I checked under the car and the unibody/frame and the rails aren't even touched. The floors not buckled however the b pillar is obviously damaged. That goes without saying but my adjuster said that won't affect drivability at all and that once they are done I'll never know it happened. Worst part is they quoted me 30 days! . I went through my insurance company for the initial repairs to get started and my insurance is gonna get the money from her insurance as soon as they claim liability after their "investigation"
Old 12-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Sucks that it happened when u got the car brand new w/o barely breaking it in... It could be worse, it could've happened during spring or summer, that's the worst time to have ur nice ride out of commission.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Have them paint the whole car all over. The paint will never match. If they don't want to do that then tell them you will seek legal advice.
HPFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

You don't think it will match even with the car being so new? I figured it'd be a lot easier to match up with new paint
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

The b pillar doesn't affect handling does it? That's the only real damage that was done besides cosmetic. They're gonna repair it or replace it idk yet but it doesn't affect performance right? Sorry for the dumb questions I just wanna make sure everything's gonna be good before I place this $900 order online for the bama tuner and other mods lol
Old 12-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

I would give your car at least 5-10k miles b4 u tune it ,just to make sure u don't have a dud. Cuz once u tune, warranty is done. The repair is going to replace your entire 1/4 panel along with B pillar which is 1 piece, so rest assured, u don't have to worry about somebody molding it to near factory spec... It will be brand a spanking new panel w/o the guess work, along with a new door skin. Car is going to look just like the day u picked it
Old 12-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
The car will be fine, but it will still bother you as long as you own it.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhcowboy View Post
Not only that, but now you have diminished value when you eventually sell it. Make sure you demand diminished value compensation from HER insurance company. It will show on a car fax.
+1...your car will take a big $$ hit when you sell or trade it later...carfax will show the accident.
EastTNMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

That's why I'm definitely going after the diminished value claim. But one good thing is that I still have a warranty on the car bumper to bumper for 75,000 miles (extended warranty) plus the shops giving me a lifetime warranty on their work so I should have some peace of mind once I get it back
Old 12-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #63

Quote:
And the car didn't feel any different after that accident chad?
I've only had it back for about a week, but I haven't noticed any problems. Drives like new (it only had 14K miles on it when this happens).

I will say that it will always be on the back of your mind though.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Turns out that there was absolutely no frame damage, the b pillar wasn't even touched at all. Just sheet metal. I should be getting my car back this week coming up. But now that you've had your car back for a little bit, do you notice any differences? Any new noises or anything?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2014 mustang